Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Headshot wrote: »
    That is very harsh on Coentrao. A world beater at Benfica at one stage. Like so many players R.Madrid just destroys them

You might be right, Madrid does tend to make a balls of its players more often then not.

Do you think he could still get to a high enough level to actually be Evra's replacement? I guess he could really I am probably being a bit harsh on him. He would need time too of course since he isnt really a factor in the Madrid team these days, his match fitness would be poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Moyes bid early for Baines/Fellaini & then Cesc in the summer when it didn't happen he said he was happy with the sqaud and would happy if it stayed the same as they were champions, making out like we were not going to make anymore attempts after Everton and Barca said no to us.

We then went for or enquired about Herrera, Fellaini again, Coentrao and Khedira.

Its a mangers job to downplay. Say your not even looking then if anything happens its a bonus. Moyes would be crazy to say he has deals going on or doesn't have faith in the current squad when deals these days can fall through so easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Exactly.... I wouldnt pass any heed of quotes from managers in relation to transfers. Its mostly all BS.
    I dont pay any attention to transfer rumours really.
    Just wait and see is best option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Moyes
    I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.

Source The Mirror

Nothing really new there. Just hoping he is bluffing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

kryogen wrote: »
    You might be right, Madrid does tend to make a balls of its players more often then not.

Do you think he could still get to a high enough level to actually be Evra's replacement? I guess he could really I am probably being a bit harsh on him. He would need time too of course since he isnt really a factor in the Madrid team these days, his match fitness would be poor.

I think getting him on loan would be one of the best businesses utd would of done for along time. I certainly think he is miles better than Evra now but if you ask me will he even be better than Evra best form at utd, thats a tough one to answer and I doubt Coentrao would be. I rather Coentrao than Baines tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Unearthly wrote: »
    Moyes

Source The Mirror

Nothing really new there. Just hoping he is bluffing

Injuries and shíte players all over the place with no reinforcements coming in. The rest of this season is going to be fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Asked if he would be making any signings, Moyes said: “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-david-2989414

Yawn, similar to what was said all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Asked if he would be making any signings, Moyes said: “I don’t think so. I think most of the business will be more towards the summer rather than January.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfer-news-david-2989414

no champions league football next year if thats true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Spurs played 4-4-2 against us from what I remember. They did the same this evening, although the result was different.

I wouldn't use our performance against Spurs as any sort of measure of the merits of 4-4-2 :P

It has its place, but it doesn't work against the top teams anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ah christ, and it's World Cup year so most major players never want to get involved in a transfer deal until after the tournament.

Moyes really does talk through his hoop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Would it kill him to give us a bit of hope.

The way the team is playing is depressing enough already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moyes confirmed that Italy midfielder Daniele de Rossi was among the men who got away last summer.

Moyes revealed: “We did certainly think about bringing him in the summer time. I don’t think it went as far as a bid.”

Dawdling idiot. I don't care if I'm tarred with "not being a real fan" because I don't want to give him time.

The guy is poison and the sooner he's got rid of, the sooner we can look for some form of cure.

If we are interested in a player we need to bid for them....how hard is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

He said of Van Persie: ‘Robin had a sore groin, he scored the winning goal against Arsenal and we gave him a week’s holiday to recover. He came back and hasn’t really been right since.
    ‘He played one game against Newcastle. I think if I’d brought him off, you people [the media] would be the first to say, “What are you doing? You’re 1-0 down and you’re taking off your top goalscorer”. I think that answers it.

Said that too apparently.

Not really anything unexpected there (not even many quotes!)

I wish he would learn how to answer a question though, to be asked about De Rossi and admit there was interest but to say he didnt think it went as far as a bid is a joke tbh. The thought of the manager not knowing whether we have bid on a player or not is ridiculous.

Just say nothing in future ffs

To the lad who asked would it kill him to give us a bit of hope, yeah it just might. He did that in the summer and they failed to deliver, he cant do that again for obvious reasons.

Not expecting Moyes to come out all guns blazing and make promises he can't keep, but for the love of God he needs to learn how to speak like the manager of Manchester United!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Would there be any chance that the Glazers are reluctant to shell out big money on any players now considering they may have to appoint a new Manager in the Summer if the season continues like this?

KH25 wrote: »
    Not expecting Moyes to come out all guns blazing and make promises he can't keep, but for the love of God he needs to learn how to speak like the manager of Manchester United!

Ha. One day he HOPES to be able to speak like the Manchester United manager.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Ha. One day he HOPES to be able to speak like the Manchester United manager.

My God. I want the man to succeed. I really do. But why did he say that about not taking RVP off? It makes him sound so weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

My God. I want the man to succeed. I really do. But why did he say that about not taking RVP off? It makes him sound so weak.

I think thats an old quote, said a couple of days after the Newcastle game.

• Advertisement

Would there be any chance that the Glazers are reluctant to shell out big money on any players now considering they may have to appoint a new Manager in the Summer if the season continues like this?

You know what, I could probably live with that.

adox wrote: »
    I think thats an old quote, said a couple of days after the Newcastle game.

I think it is too. But it still baffles me.

Thats old, and it was said very much tongue in cheek at the time.

Surely a bid will be made for Fernando of Porto? Out of contract in 6 months and no sign of signing a new deal, wouldnt cost a bomb either given the circumstance

We are linked of course, but we are linked with most players!

Edit: to my knowledge he was also absent from the Porto team today, possibly on the move? Probably not to us of course, probably end up at Liverpool

Thats old, and it was said very much tongue in cheek at the time.

I didn't see the interview, only read about it, so I hope you're right.

He was regularly very nasty to journalists when he was at Everton. He would answer a simple question with a real angry smart ass reply. I used to hate that about him. Yet nowadays he is the opposite. Laid back and calm as if he is doing fine. Maybe its media training but he could do with talking less for definite.

He could do with becoming a bully to the media, be the smart ass, be the prick. Who cares what he says to them as long as he isnt putting his foot in his mouth

Any of ya's follow Mandy Henry on twitter? She posted the Moyes quote about probably no signings in January. The replys were very similar to ours. A lot of "Goodbye to CL then" and "Hope he is messin".

None of that matters to me whatsoever.

It shouldnt matter to anyone actually, the squad as is should be qualifying comfortably for the CL, it doesnt look like it will be comfortable anymore, but it should still be achievable.

I still expect signings of course, I would take no notice of what he says regarding transfers at all. Anything he says would be counter productive. At least saying nothing is happening is the best way to approach transfers, say nothing till its done. What good will it do?

• Advertisement

I previously mentioned how Moyes played nice with media who in turn are generally nice about him.

AVB was always touchy and fought with them, media gave him a hard time.

Moyes is probably trying to keep them on side.

100% agree that the think/hope/try talk makes him look bad considering his words are scrutinised so much.

I previously mentioned how Moyes played nice with media who in turn are generally nice about him.

AVB was always touchy and fought with them, media gave him a hard time.

Moyes is probably trying to keep them on side.

100% agree that the think/hope/try talk makes him look bad considering his words are scrutinised so much.

This is why he has to be more careful with what he says. Maybe not give as much away when questioned. Jose tends to be very good at that IMO. (I am in no way trying to compare the two, merely saying I like Jose's approach)

I must admit I'd be delighted to sneak 4th at this stage but I definitely feel like Moyes is not gonna achieve significant success at United. Have that kinda Brian Kerr, Steve Kean feel off him.

I must admit I'd be delighted to sneak 4th at this stage but I definitely feel like Moyes is not gonna achieve significant success at United. Have that kinda Brian Kerr, Steve Kean feel off him.

Ah ffs that's terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Give Moyes time (Or has everybody already forgotten Sir Alex Ferguson's speech after the Swansea game at the end of last season), his first season as Man United manager wasn't going to be easy, he'll come good when he's found his feet & gotten used to his new surroundings.

United will be back where they belong after this season (sitting on top of the Barclay's Premier League)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

£12m for Coentrao isn't too bad considering how much we usually overpay for established players

"@SamuelRhodes_ Real Madrid have agreed a fee of £12 million with #MUFC for the transfer of Fábio Coentrão. Personal terms yet to be agreed."

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    £12m for Coentrao isn't too bad considering how much we usually overpay for established players

Speak on this.

I dont want to google, you have some information that we have agreed a deal of 12 million (which would be great) or some newspaper said the fee would be around 12 million etc

From that fake account on Twitter?

Is that a fake account ?

Is that a fake account ?

Sigh

Latest great one was a 42.5million raid on La Liga for both Coentrao and Koke

Sam Rhodes is a fake account if that's where you got it from.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

"@SamuelRhodes_ Real Madrid have agreed a fee of £12 million with #MUFC for the transfer of Fábio Coentrão. Personal terms yet to be agreed."

Hasn't Coentrao already said that he's not moving? I'm pretty sure he said a few weeks ago that he's not going anywhere until after the WC.

Woops sorry friend of mine retweeted him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Pretty elaborate fake account

40k followers is impressive for a WUM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

And for a fella that said if United don't finish in the too 4 that we'll be bankrupt! Complete WUM

He is the one where if you Google business man and you see his profile pic is just a stock photo

Amazing how many followers he has really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

With a stock photo.

They are so easy to spot it hurts my brain.

Ah ffs that's terrible.

Why? I just think he was fecked from the start. He is a victim of circumstance. I think everyone in the media are waiting for him to fail because he doesn't have the credentials for the job.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Give Moyes time (Or has everybody already forgotten Sir Alex Ferguson's speech after the Swansea game at the end of last season), his first season as Man United manager wasn't going to be easy, he'll come good when he's found his feet & gotten used to his new surroundings.

United will be back where they belong after this season (sitting on top of the Barclay's Premier League)

I'm not a Moyes hater. I'd be delighted for him to succeed. I just don't think he will. Everyone always said the guy who takes over from Fergie is under pressure straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    With a stock photo.

They are so easy to spot it hurts my brain.

All the man utd facebook accounts have fallen for it aswell

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement