Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Moyes needs to take action as soon as possible.

He needs to demand United back him with some transfers. He needs to get shot of some of the deadwood, he needs to bring in some players right now.

United can't continue the way things are, and Moyes can't stand by and allow it to. It is him the buck will untimately stop with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

David Moyes = end of empire :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

There were players across the pitch today who should not grace the Old Trafford turf again. Kagawa, Valencia and Cleverly were just beyond awful yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Hargreaves said after the game the swansea players were on par with that united 11 and moyes is on a level lower than laudrup

Hargreaves said after the game the swansea players were on par with that united 11 and moyes is on a level lower than laudrup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

syngindub wrote: »
    watched the game earlier, utterly boring, lacked ( creativity, belief, ideas, management, chances, composure, skill, guile, courage, add more here....)

This is not man utd, is it

Yes, it is. It's David Moyes' Man United.

Said it yesterday and I'll say it again, Moyes is poison.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Damn, there goes the treble.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I agree with Mitch. One way or another he is going to be the one held responsible. He needs to get a move on and do something to improve results.

I expected him to hold steady and build on what he inherited. The way the team is playing with a complete lack of creativity is tough to understand when it is obviously not working. Away from home is one thing and its actually working, might actually work in europe but domestically at OT he needs to have a far more expansive and inventive set up.

I agree with Mitch. One way or another he is going to be the one held responsible. He needs to get a move on and do something to improve results.

I expected him to hold steady and build on what he inherited. The way the team is playing with a complete lack of creativity is tough to understand when it is obviously not working. Away from home is one thing and its actually working, might actually work in europe but domestically at OT he needs to have a far more expansive and inventive set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yes, it is. It's David Moyes' Man United.

Said it yesterday and I'll say it again, Moyes is poison.

Yeah we have a Donkey for a manager and he has turned average players into a team of Asses.
    Hope the Glazer Family take action soon and do not ask SAF for advice as Moyes is not the person to take us forward and never was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why is nearly every post duplicated or even quadrupled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

He's so one dimensional, Has he ever changed the system mid game ?

All he does make like for like changers of throw on 3 forwards. His management on and off the pitch is beyond a joke.

Kagawa on the left wing again ahead of Wilf, no Ando and no start for Fabio.

Only positives were Fletch in the first half were he actually tried to play direct passes, and Butthead going forward.

Not a chance of the top 4 this season.

He's so one dimensional, Has he ever changed the system mid game ?

All he does make like for like changers of throw on 3 forwards. His management on and off the pitch is beyond a joke.

Kagawa on the left wing again ahead of Wilf, no Ando and no start for Fabio.

Only positives were Fletch in the first half were he actually tried to play direct passes, and Butthead going forward.

Not a chance of the top 4 this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Buttner was our best player which says a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Buttner was our best player which says a lot.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Arabic press reporting you have agreed a fee with Mohamed Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Agueroooo wrote: »

Hope he's a manager. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Why is nearly every post duplicated or even quadrupled?

boards in bits today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kagawa was pretty hopeless. Left wing or not.

That was a shambles.

The sad thing is some of us could see we were in trouble past few seasons, but even the most pessimistic could not see it getting this bad so soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Feeling sunk after that game, trying my best to hold my patience with the Moyes set up but we were way below average today. Chris Smalling is a woeful full back, stop playing him there FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

People asking for Moyes to fix this are dillusional. A few signings will help but are not the only thing needed here. Moyes is incapable of doing anything right at United, he needs t go but probably won't so there goes united as a force for the foreseeable future. Can't wait to read comments defending him as beng the case for 3 months. How much more harm do people want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

David Moyes has to try and bring in a player or 2 during the January window or it could be a disastrous first season in charge for him

DM-ICE wrote: »

Going to be?

He is being held responsible. He's doing the interviews, taking the tough questions, listening to the boos and generally feeling the heat.

Moyes will be enjoying whats happening the least right now. He's not hiding anywhere. He needs to turn things around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

That was a shambles.

The sad thing is some of us could see we were in trouble past few seasons, but even the most pessimistic could not see it getting this bad so soon.

We all know that Ferguson overachieved with the squad last season but I refuse to believe that they have found their level this season. The squad ain't this bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That was a shambles.

Come to the realisation that Kagawa probably needs a rebuild around him, and he just hasnt shown enough to warrant it. Unfortunately just not fitting in, and should be sold in the summer.

Also there was talk about Fabio in here last few weeks, why he hasnt been getting game time, well there you go, absolutely braindead footballer. Chasing a game and throws a tackle like that. Utter stupidity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Would be a strange one, arent ye heavily linked with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Would be a strange one, arent ye linked with him pretty heavily?

TheDoc wrote: »
    Also there was talk about Fabio in here last few weeks, why he hasnt been getting game time, well there you go, absolutely braindead footballer. Chasing a game and throws a tackle like that. Utter stupidity.

Rash challenge but you could see as soon as he got on he was trying to make an impression, I wont complain about him actually giving a crap and trying.
    He should have had more than 15 minutes to impress today anyway.

I'd take any player at this stage to replace Cleverly. I get so mad watching him

kryogen wrote: »
    Would be a strange one, arent ye linked with him pretty heavily?

Yea it's surprising but last couple of days rumoured it stalled over the fee yet personal terms etc agreed.

• Advertisement

Is the fact that Moyes has never won anything at Everton or even beaten one of the top four teams had an effect on the players I wonder?
    Maybe they think that this lad hasn't the credentials to manage a big club like United and as such have no faith in his methods, training regime or team selections. They don't seem to be giving their all.

I am not a United fan and this is just an opinion I have.

Cons

Dumped out of the FA cup after poor display
    Chicos first touch has gone awol
    Welbeck & Kagawa had a mare
    More injuries to the squad

Pros

Buttners best 90 mins for UTD (Fabios worst 5mins for UTD)
    Less cup games till the end of the season will help in the run in
    Loss may prompt transfer activity

What the hell was Fab at? ON 5 mins and he makes a wreckless tackle like that. Welbeck barely got a shot off.

I noticed one thing for our goal, a great pass from MF by Fletch started the whole move, we have been missing this for so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The manner in which we are losing these games, to teams that are actually no bloody good, is utterly pathetic and is making this transition worse than it actually is.

If we had lost the same number of games, but played attractive attacking football while doing so, I would be fine. It would be frustrating, but ultimately I would accept that due to signs of progression. However, this is the worst football I can remember seeing from a Manchester United side.

The players are afraid. Tom Cleverley, Antonio Valencia, Johnny Evans, Chris Smalling, Michael Carrick, and Shinji Kagawa are terrified. They are terrified of making mistakes, they are terrified of losing. As a result they are playing at the bare minimum of risk and at the bare minimum of their ability. Wayne Rooney, Adnan Januzaj and David De Gea are the only players who this season have consistently played without fear this season, and they will run away as the top 3 players in our player of the year rankings.

Something has to change. The tactics, the method of training, the personel, SOMETHING has to change to see this team play without fear, or we will continue to lose. Other teams can see the fear in our lads, and they are going for the throat. That was a ****e Swansea team today, utter crap. No Vorm, no Michu, no Pablo Hernandez, no Ashley Williams. They are Swansea's 4 best players. Up until we went down to 10 men, they were absolutely delighted with taking us to a replay, then Fabio got sent off and they thought "Holy ****, we have a shot." And they got their goal, which brings me to my next issue...

Late goals.

Manchester United football club has a history of scoring important late goals, it's why we win. This season we have dropped a disgraceful amount of points and fixtures due to late goals. The lack of creativity and midfield struggles are taking up everyone's attention, nobody seems to realise our defence is as soft as butter. The goals we concede are Sunday league. Honestly, think back to the last time someone scored against United and you thought "Oh jesus, good goal." It doesn't happen. We concede and on watching the replay I see 3 or 4 basic mistakes that made the goal. WHAT THE **** IS HAPPENING?

I'm worried. I am sure that if we don't bring in at least 2 players to at least give the lads a bit of a lift, then we won't make the Champions League. I'll stand by this club, and I'll stand by the manager, but changes have to be made to the way we are approaching this period of trouble and I am very concerned that they are not being made. It's the same stuff every time lads.

What do you mean never beaten one of the top four teams. Didn't they beat both United and City last season.

And no, I don't think the trophies he has not won are making the players perform how they are. The tactics and limitations of midfield are responsible for that.

Tactics are Moyes doing alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Utd don't sack there managers and will give him time... or so i'm told anyway.

He's got an impossible job trying to replace Fergie and imo isn't remotely qualified for it.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    What do you mean never beaten one of the top four teams. Didn't they beat both United and City last season.

And no, I don't think the trophies he has not won are making the players perform how they are. The tactics and limitations of midfield are responsible for that.

Tactics are Moyes doing alright.

Sorry, I meant to say that he never won at any of the top 4 grounds.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

adox wrote: »
    We all know that Ferguson overachieved with the squad last season but I refuse to believe that they have found their level this season. The squad ain't this bad.

Its a mixture of both the squad not being great and moyes tactics or just his regime in general.

That squad i think has been lacking since keane left and was never really replaced since that we have lost ronaldo and scholes and not replaced them either.

We have been crying out for midfielders for years remember waiting for hargreaves to come back he was going to be our saviour look how that worked out.

I dont blame all this on moyes fergie cant be beyond crititism here he let that midfield go stagnant for years coming out with crap like "no value in the market" why are we the only ones that cant find any value or is it really a case the glazers are not as forthcoming with the dollars as the club say they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Utd don't sack there managers and will give him time... or so i'm told anyway.

He's got an impossible job trying to replace Fergie and imo isn't remotely qualified for it.

Of course we sack managers, i think that 3 or 4 before Fergie were fired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It must be very frustrating for the likes of Fabio. You have to sit on your arse for months on end and watch as people who are never and will never be full backs are repeatedly picked ahead of you. Then, once in a blue moon you get thrown in for 15 minutes because the manager had no choice, and now you find that the entirety of your ability and potential is going to be judged on that 15 minutes.

There is no getting comfortable, getting confident and doing things right, you have 15 minutes and then you are probably back on your arse watching as a winger gets selected at full back ahead of you the next day.

And people wonder why he threw himself into a tackle?

The worst part is that the exact same thing is going to happen when Nani returns. He will be left on the bench as Moyes picks that useless **** Valencia over and over again. When he does get 15 minutes he won't be up to speed and people will immediately shout that he is no use and should be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Is the fact that Moyes has never won anything at Everton or even beaten one of the top four teams had an effect on the players I wonder?
    Maybe they think that this lad hasn't the credentials to manage a big club like United and as such have no faith in his methods, training regime or team selections. They don't seem to be giving their all.

I am not a United fan and this is just an opinion I have.

Regarding this, you could hear Moyes alot from the touchline today, especially in the last few minutes, remember hearing him calling "Come on Danny, come to it" and a few cries of "c'mon" to Kagawa and Welbeck again, neither even seemed to even take any notice of him, its just hard to get the sense that the players believe in him.

But even if they don't, why are they playing the way they are? constantly focus on wing play, giving the ball to wingers who can't put in a cross and/or are not wingers/fullbacks. There was not such focus on this with Ferguson in charge so if the players don't believe in Moyes, surely they'd have a "fúck this" attitude and play the way they want to.

Morale must be crazy low aswell as confidence obviously but there was just no fight or passion from anyone out there today.

• Advertisement

Telegraph are reporting over £200million wiped off UTD share price yet holding stock exchange booming.

That will bring a swifter end to Moyes reign than bad results in the FA Cup.

To be honest Mickey, the defensive problems are largely a result of the **** attacking play, which is tactical and a **** midfield. Opposition are never under real pressure and forced to survive, this makes it a lot easier for the opposition.

Especially late in games, a goal behind or level, no pressure from United, this team is inviting the opposition on, putting themselves under pressure and increasing the chances of making mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

When he does get 15 minutes he won't be up to speed and people will immediately shout that he is no use and should be dropped.

I understand people are frustrated, and this is why I'm giving an on thread warning first, but under no circumstances are you allowed abuse a player. Asterisk or no asterisk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Moyes is defacating all over the history and traditions of manchester united. The former greats such as busby must be doing sommersaults in their graves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

I am not a United fan and this is just an opinion I have.[/QUOT

The players are just as bad in my opinion there professional footballers getting paid ridicilous money and to be so toothless is quite sickening really. Put money on Swansea today which say's it all really, Enjoyment of watching United has trueley gone.

It must be very frustrating for the likes of Fabio. You have to sit on your arse for months on end and watch as people who are never and will never be full backs are repeatedly picked ahead of you. Then, once in a blue moon you get thrown in for 15 minutes because the manager had no choice, and now you find that the entirety of your ability and potential is going to be judged on that 15 minutes.

There is no getting comfortable, getting confident and doing things right, you have 15 minutes and then you are probably back on your arse watching as a winger gets selected at full back ahead of you the next day.

The worst part is that the exact same thing is going to happen when Nani returns. He will be left on the bench as Moyes picks that useless **** Valencia over and over again. When he does get 15 minutes he won't be up to speed and people will immediately shout that he is no use and should be dropped.

No excuse. Did Fletch go lunging around when he came back? Plenty of players have come back from long periods out of a team and never got a red, let alone lasted only 4 mins. Gave the ball away twice too. He looked like he didn't give a fook tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

The difference is that Nani wont show the attitude Fabio did today. he literally chased down everything and everybody, cannot see Nani reacting like that if he gets a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The difference is that Nani wont show the attitude Fabio did today. he literally chased down everything and everybody, cannot see Nani reacting like that if he gets a game

What? Fabio was hardly seen until his tackle. I've been pro-Fabio but jesus, that was a dumb thing for him to do. There is NO excuse for a stupid tackle like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cons

Dumped out of the FA cup after poor display
    Chicos first touch has gone awol
    Welbeck & Kagawa had a mare
    More injuries to the squad

Pros

Buttners best 90 mins for UTD (Fabios worst 5mins for UTD)
    Less cup games till the end of the season will help in the run in
    Loss may prompt transfer activity

What the hell was Fab at? ON 5 mins and he makes a wreckless tackle like that. Welbeck barely got a shot off.

I noticed one thing for our goal, a great pass from MF by Fletch started the whole move, we have been missing this for so long.

Don't think it will. The Glazers aren't going to let Moyes blow money when he won't be here in 6 months.

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    Moyes is defacating all over the history and traditions of manchester united. The former greats such as busby must be doing sommersaults in their graujes

Every word of that is rubbish. Half a season in and he has destoryed UTDs legacy? Get a grip. Teams have highs and lows. We are in a low after a couple of decades of highs. Suck it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement