Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ah sure we can call them obsessed now and maybe even throw a hashtag on it if you're feeling extra cheeky :pac:

20 Times! YNWA GGMU.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

What did Moyes say after the match?
    Usually run of the mill stuff - as you would expect from any manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

The usual 'we played well, we were unlucky and didn't take our chances' line.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

beno619 wrote: »
    Things are bad when I agree with the City fan :pac:

Poster is Not a city fan :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Same ****e he says after every other match..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Arrow.

To paraphrase:
    Played well enough. Should've been able to get a second goal in the period after scoring the first and bossed the game for the most part.

I'm sure it will change. I've no doubt about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Jones and Smalling can go to the top, Anderson has been unlucky with injury.

Young and Valencia have contributed to recent success, Valencia in particular is disappointing.

Anderson had been dogged with "fitness issues" without ever having major injuries. Just another example of a young Brazilian enjoying his wealth and becoming lazy.

Young has barely made a contribution since he arrived. Never consistently good enough.

Valencia was never talented enough to be a United right-winger but was consistent in what he did. He's lost that in latter Fergie time and now with Moyes. Just not good enough.

I'd happily see the twins (both way too rash and can't be trusted in pressure matches ), Ferdinand, Valencia, Anderson, Young and Cleverley shipped out in the morning. Not one of those would be a loss going forward. We're as low as we can be so major rebuilding is the only option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I just can't believe there are still people defending Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Agueroooo wrote: »
    BdPcin0CIAAJbG4.jpg

wow I always said it was turning into our version of Hodgson and the stats back it up 100% to.

• Advertisement

Taok wrote: »
    What a disaster.

I'm pretty sure if I was Fergie I'd be chomping at the bit to admit I was wrong to recommend Moyes and re-prove how good I am by taking over again for the rest of the season and ensuring Champions League qualification.

I don't see it happening, and it's a damn shame because if we stick with Moyes we'll be languishing as outside contenders for the top 4.

Surely the Glazers as businessmen won't stand for it...
    No that singly would be the worst thing to happen because when he would stand down again in future we would have all this to deal with again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

He's been are best midfielder and he's a defender, he's a top footballer, stop trolling.

Still not worth what we paid for him, especially if people are going to slate the Glazers for not giving Ferguson money. They gave him enough, but the signings weren't good enough, too much English players and players from the PL rather than signings guys from different leagues. Over the last 6/7 seasons, Ferguson's signings have been crap. We got one or two gems like Hernandez, but for the most part, those are the players we're pissed looking at now, and were covered up by Ronaldo, Rooney, RVP and Scholes for the most part bar that one season Berbatov and Nani went crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

irishfeen wrote: »
    There were players across the pitch today who should not grace the Old Trafford turf again. Kagawa, Valencia and Cleverly were just beyond awful yet again.

Jesus it's not that long ago utd fans were giving moyes stick for not playing kagawa
    He was terrible today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Unearthly wrote: »
    wow I always said it was turning into our version of Hodgson and the stats back it up 100% to.
    Not really though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I think half of United's problems are that none of the players they have signed over the last few years have improved to any real extent or lived up to their promise. The likes of Nani, Fabio, Rafaelle, Anderson, Young etc are at the same level they were at when they signed.

Ah where is the Welbeck part gone from your post, it compelled me to respond :(

Ok, RAFAEL (I assume you mean him when you say Rafaelle) has improved a hell of a lot since he came to the club at 17. He is one of the best right backs in the league easily.

CSF wrote: »
    I just can't believe there are still people defending Moyes.
    You honestly think many other managers would have us doing substantially better? - only man to be able to do anything substantially better would be SAF imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

No that singly would be the worst thing to happen because when he would stand down again in future we would have all this to deal with again.

No, not qualifying for the Champions League would be the single worst thing to happen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I feel sorry for Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

You honestly think many other managers would have us doing substantially better? - only man to be able to do anything substantially better would be SAF imo.

Someone with a decent philosophy would do better.

jimjamcos wrote: »

I'd happily see the twins (both way too rash and can't be trusted in pressure matches ), Ferdinand, Valencia, Anderson, Young and Cleverley shipped out in the morning. Not one of those would be a loss going forward. We're as low as we can be so major rebuilding is the only option.

Rafa is a world beater when fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Rapidly losing patience with Moyes, his tactics are all wrong and if it's actually true that United are not signing any players in the January transfer window that could be the straw that broke the camels back, a world class defender and midfielder are badly needed.

• Advertisement

Taok wrote: »
    No, not qualifying for the Champions League would be the single worst thing to happen!!
    Well financially we would be able to handle not qualifying easily enough I would imagine - it would be our reputation to take a hit but as Man City have shown money talks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Todays result is a non-story for me ...........Cup match , fringe players ,

Now let the team move on and concentrate on the big prize.

Aye, League Cup on Tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Moyes is a top manager, give him time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

You surely can't be serious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

titan18 wrote: »
    Still not worth what we paid for him, especially if people are going to slate the Glazers for not giving Ferguson money. They gave him enough, but the signings weren't good enough, too much English players and players from the PL rather than signings guys from different leagues. Over the last 6/7 seasons, Ferguson's signings have been crap. We got one or two gems like Hernandez, but for the most part, those are the players we're pissed looking at now, and were covered up by Ronaldo, Rooney, RVP and Scholes for the most part bar that one season Berbatov and Nani went crazy.

I dunno if your serious? If you can't see the potential of Jones stop watching football, He signed Ronaldo, Rooney and RVP btw, Berbatov top golscorer in a league winning season aswell offer that too Chelsea, City, Lpool etc they'd take it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Jesus it's not that long ago utd fans were giving moyes stick for not playing kagawa
    He was terrible today

He should be sold, not suited to english football imo. Shame for both parties really

Nolars wrote: »
    Someone with a decent philosophy would do better.
    Well that's your opinion, we have to face the fact that areas of or team have been neglected for quiet some time and without major investment any manager would struggle.

adox wrote: »
    You surely can't be serious?
    What? ... you think if another manager came in we would be top of the league with current injuries/circumstances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yap a proper manager would be doing alot better. A proper manager wouldnt be using stone age tactics. A proper manager would make good team selections. A proper manager wouldnt be over training players.

We should be challenging for the PL if we had the right man in charge, we still wouldnt win it but we certainly wouldnt be 7th in the league and struggling for a top 4 place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Swansea were missing Michu, Vorm, Pablo Hernandez and Nathan Dyer so it wasnt as if we even lost to a full strength team. And Swansea are only just hovering over the relegation zone. We should have had more than enough to beat them.

As for Kagawa, despite all the championing he has got from some fans he has shown very little since he joined. Either he cant hack the physicality of the PL or else we re too **** for him!

Jones is 21 still, him and Smalling are far from the problem, along with Evans there the future of our defense.

Fergie saved us having to spend 30 mill on CB's in the future.

Yes were not as poor as Moyes has us looking.

What? ... you think if another manager came in we would be top of the league with current injuries/circumstances?

There's a huge difference between being top of the league and where we are now.

There s just no way on earth that this seasons results performances and league position are a true reflection of the quality of the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Did you watch yourself last season.... Yes you got the league but by God horrible to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

n32 wrote: »

As for Kagawa, despite all the championing he has got from some fans he has shown very little since he joined. Either he cant hack the physicality of the PL or else we re too **** for him!

We're too shít for him at the moment.

I don't know what people expect him to do when the service to him is woeful, and the movement in front of him is nonexistent.

Headshot wrote: »
    Yap a proper manager would be doing alot better. A proper manager wouldnt be using stone age tactics. A proper manager would make good team selections. A proper manager wouldnt be over training players.

We should be challenging for the PL if we had the right man in charge, we still wouldnt win it but we certainly wouldnt be 7th in the league and struggling for a top 4 place
    ... I'd tend to agree to differ, an alternative style of play maybe but I think we would still be struggling behind the current top 4/5 in the PL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Our Year wrote: »
    Moyes is a top manager, give him time.

Are you trying to be funny or is that how you really feel about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Well financially we would be able to handle not qualifying easily enough I would imagine - it would be our reputation to take a hit but as Man City have shown money talks!

Wat are u smoking ? Do u know who owns the club? Not qualifying for the cl is not an option. If that is in doubt moyes will be shown gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Well that's your opinion, we have to face the fact that areas of or team have been neglected for quiet some time and without major investment any manager would struggle.

Don't accept this at all.

A new manager automatically means that United will struggle every game and be 5 points off 4th.

listermint wrote: »
    Did you watch yourself last season.... Yes you got the league but by God horrible to watch.

Yes. The point remains were not as poor as we have been made to look this year.

Of course not but I'll give our manager the time he needs to turn things around and make a few signings - I think he deserves at least a chance to build his own team.

Jones is 21 still, him and Smalling are far from the problem, along with Evans there the future of our defense.

Fergie saved us having to spend 30 mill on CB's in the future.

Future backups hopefully, or else we'll really be a mid table team. Look at the players that were bought around the time we bought Jones. Considering we didn't actually need a 5th CB, it was a waste of money.

Pretty sure he chose Madrid over us, but Jones went for twice the value of Varane, and isn't half the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yes. The point remains were not as poor as we have been made to look this year.

You are. It's time to get real.

Major investment and some cop on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

People go on about not wanting to be a joke like other clubs cause we might embarrass ourselves.

Think people might want to notice the growing majority of the "Don't sack Moyes" sentimentality is coming from Non-United fans...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Of course not but I'll give our manager the time he needs to turn things around and make a few signings - I think he deserves at least a chance to build his own team.

So he can destroy us even more? The man is managing PL champions and has us at 7th spot. He has no right to buy players in summer. He needs to go, plain and simple.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Don't accept this at all.

A new manager automatically means that United will struggle every game and be 5 points off 4th.
    Or is it a case that SAF has just shown the world how he was the greatest manager of all time to guide these players to PL success? ... I just don't know..

Turn what around. The complete mess he's made of managing the team? Build his own team? He's inherited a championship winning squad. Yes it needs improvement. The midfield debate has been done to death but the thought of him building a new Manchester United team is scary.

I don't think it will happen. His days are numbered. He will be sacked eventually. Perhaps not in the summer or even Christmas but eventually it will have gone too far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Future backups hopefully, or else we'll really be a mid table team. Look at the players that were bought around the time we bought Jones. Considering we didn't actually need a 5th CB, it was a waste of money.

Pretty sure he chose Madrid over us, but Jones went for twice the value of Varane, and isn't half the player.

Your right there Jones is twice the player just give over

Wat are u smoking ? Do u know who owns the club? Not qualifying for the cl is not an option. If that is in doubt moyes will be shown gate.
    So if we miss out on CL football the doors of OT will close? :eek: ... get real, United are a business - different plans and scenarios will (like any business) have been draw up to cope with every eventuality.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement