Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

on that not just realise we play Swansea again next week!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

at home!!!:(:(:(

If Swansea have their big guns back we're fooked! Play for a draw lads, its our only hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

kryogen wrote: »
    Suarez is doing something better then RVP last season, or the season before for that matter?

Without dragging this into a Suarez vs RVP debate, Pains me to say it but Suarez is a brilliant player but RVP done it in the big game that wins the titles as of yet Suarez hasn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That username..... Love a fan with a sense of humour :)

Ah,sweet irony :D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,674 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

GSPfan wrote: »
    This is just pure guessing but I bet RVP will struggle with one injury or another till the Summer. This seems to happen a lot with United players. Niggling injuries ruining players seasons.

Correct me if I'm wrong (frequently the case) but hasn't RvP always been prone to injury?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

In the league this season 1 goal and 0 assists between Cleverley, Jones, Carrick, Fellaini, Kagawa and i actually forgot about Giggs. That is just shocking Ravel Morisson 3 goals and 2 assists from midfield in probably the only team in the league less creative than us. Would like to take a chance on him he wouldn't cost a bomb he will either turn into a superstar or a flop but worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nuts102 wrote: »
    In the league this season 1 goal and 0 assists between Cleverley, Jones, Carrick, Fellaini, Kagawa and i actually forgot about Giggs. That is just shocking Ravel Morisson 3 goals and 2 assists from midfield in probably the only team in the league less creative than us. Would like to take a chance on him he wouldn't cost a bomb he will either turn into a superstar or a flop but worth the risk.

Thats a ****ing disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

let's be realistic

You clearly don't know what that word means.
    we wouldn't be far off the bottom 3 we are that bad IMO.
    lol

he's no where near Saurez's level eithers Rooney.
    lol
    Saurez is the best player the premiership has seen since ronaldo , they only come around every once and a while.
    Aguero/RVP are both at the very least, on par with Suarez.

I personally blame the idiots on here
    Don't blame yourself, you're not the manager. (Thank god)

the past few years making excuses for not buying cm's
    Almost every single United fan I know, knows that we have needed investment in the CM area, so i really don't know what your on about here either.
    Or is the tubster Anderson still going to come good :P.
    :rolleyes:

Tip: Don't start a post with "lets be realistic" and then spout so much shít you could easily be mistaken for a talking toilet.

It's not going well at the moment and Moyes likely is not the man for the job, but people are really embarrassing themselves with the mini meltdowns that they are having every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Devil08 wrote: »
    'Your job now, is to stick by our new manager'

SAF

Fúck that. I support United, not Fergie's rhetoric.

I'm not going to blindly back a new manager, who is obviously not up to the job, just because Ferguson told me to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

If Moyes doesn't make the Champions League then he should be sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

on that not just realise we play Swansea again next week!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

at home!!!:(:(:(

I'm sure Moyes has Swansea figured out tactically by now so we can expect 3pts:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

the scary thing is, he has a 6 yr contract.

Why did SAF push for that?

Is it possible he thought; it took me 6 years to get close to winning the league so let's do the same for moyes?

because if that's how it's going to be... we are screwed big time.

Leftist wrote: »
    the scary thing is, he has a 6 yr contract.

Why did SAF push for that?

Is it possible he thought; it took me 6 years to get close to winning the league so let's do the same for moyes?

because if that's how it's going to be... we are screwed big time.

It's meaningless their is almost certainly clauses in the contract where he can be sacked without a huge severence for failure to meet targets. The 6 year contract was to try show strength is all.

It's meaningless their is almost certainly clauses in the contract where he can be sacked without a huge severence for failure to meet targets. The 6 year contract was to try show strength is all.

Hope you are right. Just getting anxious at this stage.

Was saying he'll get 3 years minimum, but now think 2.

SAF is probably going to fight as much as he can to keep his mate in the job.

Not at Utd's expense.

He needs two years let's face it he has made mistakes.

He publicly tried all out to sign Baines. Is this the reason Evra has been so bad although even last season he was poor.

Public talk about the midfield how it needs to be improved. But to be honest i don't think it had much effect because the options are very poor.

His move for Fabregas makes me optimistic that he want's to implement his own style of play but he know's we have no creativity in the midfield. So he is just trying to grind out results playing negative football getting it to the wingers. But our wingers just have no creativity.

The players have to take some slack. Their have been too many individual errors. Evra and Valencia have been at cost for some soft goals by not tracking back. The only three players who have performed are Janjuaz, Rooney and Jones they have been fired up also DDG has been very good.

Whether Moyes is good enough in the long run i am not sure. But i do trust him in the transfer market. I will give him the chance to sign players and implement his own style. He played better football at Everton i still think he needs time to build his own squad.

HE came in and brought in loads of staff who have no experience at this level.

He had no experience at this level and had a CEO who had no experience.

The squad is full of players who have won it all and are probably complacent.

Injuries have hit our key players hard. It's hard enough to lose one or two key players but 5 of our starting 11 last season have barely featured together.

The squad needs fresh life young hungry players who want to play for United. Young just summed up how i feel about some of the players, when Moyes talked about moving players on his performances improved. I think a good few players are just too comfortable and Moyes needs to wield the axe. Evra and Valencia in particular have just not bothered tracking back all season. Moyes needs to grow a pair of balls and drop these players. He needs to be ruthless if he is to be a success so far he seems like a mouse compared to when in charge of Everton.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Not at Utd's expense.

No he is not but i do feel he will get a chance to build his own squad no matter what happens. I am prepared to give him until the summer. If results are still bad next season he will need to go. If he doesn't get in a midfielder and a lb this month he is digging his own grave. This month is huge if he wants the job long term.

A big issue could be wages when trying to get in players. People like Young, Valencia and Evra are on huge wages and will be hard to sell. Same for Anderson i can't see other clubs paying them their current wages and they prob won't be willing to take a pay cut.

My biggest problem is that I don't fully blame Moyes for the squad or the performances. The seeds of this side were sown long ago and Ferguson left a side of Champions that was bailed out by RVP time and time again last year. It was clear that we needed improvement but Ferguson never really addressed the midfield problem in his final years and this leads me to what I feel is the biggest problem which is that I have zero faith in Moyes to rebuild this team. In his short spell here he's continued the trend of baffling team selection logic, poor performances and bad results. He convays very little confidence about himself and the future certainly does look ominous under Moyes.

If this trend continues into March then he should be sacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Red Crow wrote: »
    In his short spell here he's continued the trend of baffling team selection logic, poor performances and bad results.

Wouldn't agree with this. By and large, his starting team selections have been grand; it's his general tactics that have been poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

People need to relax a bit. I'd still be willing to give Moyes the benefit of the doubt even if we finish midtable and get knocked out of everything. Fans think they know whats best for their club all the time but really they dont know shít.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I get the feeling Moyes thinks this Utd squad is utter rubbish. I think he deserves next season. Come next Summer he'll have had 4 transfer windows to build his own team. If Utd aren't fighting for the Championship by then, then I think people can be rightly call for his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

He needs two years let's face it he has made mistakes.

He publicly tried all out to sign Baines. Is this the reason Evra has been so bad although even last season he was poor.

Public talk about the midfield how it needs to be improved. But to be honest i don't think it had much effect because the options are very poor.

His move for Fabregas makes me optimistic that he want's to implement his own style of play but he know's we have no creativity in the midfield. So he is just trying to grind out results playing negative football getting it to the wingers. But our wingers just have no creativity.

The players have to take some slack. Their have been too many individual errors. Evra and Valencia have been at cost for some soft goals by not tracking back. The only three players who have performed are Janjuaz, Rooney and Jones they have been fired up also DDG has been very good.

Whether Moyes is good enough in the long run i am not sure. But i do trust him in the transfer market. I will give him the chance to sign players and implement his own style. He played better football at Everton i still think he needs time to build his own squad.

HE came in and brought in loads of staff who have no experience at this level.

He had no experience at this level and had a CEO who had no experience.

The squad is full of players who have won it all and are probably complacent.

Injuries have hit our key players hard. It's hard enough to lose one or two key players but 5 of our starting 11 last season have barely featured together.

The squad needs fresh life young hungry players who want to play for United. Young just summed up how i feel about some of the players, when Moyes talked about moving players on his performances improved. I think a good few players are just too comfortable and Moyes needs to wield the axe. Evra and Valencia in particular have just not bothered tracking back all season. Moyes needs to grow a pair of balls and drop these players. He needs to be ruthless if he is to be a success so far he seems like a mouse compared to when in charge of Everton.

This is probably the best post I've read on the matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Jesus another terrible performance by plenty of our players yesterday. At one stage I actually saw Fletcher point to where he wanted to Cleverly to run to. Cleverly ran around in a circle confused for a second and then moved to that position and received a pass. It struck me that here is a midfielder who is starting plenty of games for Manchester Untied and he doesn't seem to have a clue how to take up positions in midfield.

Kagawa was very poor again. I was in the Kagawa camp all season and wanted him to play more but every time I see him he seems to lack intensity on the pitch. He has fantastic close control and is a good passer but seems to produce zero end product. I can see why Moyes is reluctant to play him at the moment.

Valencia was Valencia once again. Watching Januzaj come on for him and going past players just shows how much Valencia has regressed.

Buttner is nowhere near the required standard to be a United player. I lost count of how many crosses he completely over-hit. I can completely understand Moyes getting rid of him.

Smalling had a very poor game again and was involved in both Swansea goals. I feel sorry for him, and Moyes, as he's a better player than he has shown recently. He did make some decent runs forward from right back which showed some promise.

Fabio, I mean come on. We're all saying how it's really bad that Fabio isn't getting a look in, but when you come on and get sent of for a bad challenge minutes later you're doing yourself no favours.

Wellbeck I thought did ok. He showed more composure and purpose on the ball than anyone else in the team. Fletcher did well too, good to see him back. It's a shame he had to cover at right back after the sending off as Swansea's pacey winger was a mismatch against him and the winning goal's cross came from that position. Hernandez took his goal very well but he seems a shadow of the player he has been, and once again he isn't great at making things happen without good service, unlike Rooney. Ferdinand and Evans were only ok at the back, but again they had little cover from midfield. Ferdinand is really showing his age now and has to be used sparingly I feel.

So overall another depressing day. My body language watching the game mirrored that of Moyes from the shots we saw of him. I wish he had an anonymous account on Boards, he'd probably be complaining about most of the same things as us! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

I get the feeling Moyes thinks this Utd squad is utter rubbish. I think he deserves next season. Come next Summer he'll have had 4 transfer windows to build his own team. If Utd aren't fighting for the Championship by then, then I think people can be rightly call for his head.
    Yeah when the camera panned to him after Buttner sky highed a cross yesterday you could see the detest nature in his face... It's like as you say he has come to the realisation that the squad for the most is extremely average.

chupacabra wrote: »
    People need to relax a bit. I'd still be willing to give Moyes the benefit of the doubt even if we finish midtable and get knocked out of everything. Fans think they know whats best for their club all the time but really they dont know shít.

I agree in principle but moyes is 100% not good for the club long term.

he's totally out of his depth. Can you really imagine david moyes creating one of the top 5 clubs in europe for instance? not now but over 5 years?

if you said yes, ask yourself would you have said the same thing prior to SAF annoucing his retirement.

No, chance.

And that's what united should be going for.

I can take long term planning but not this ridiculous nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

I agree in principle but moyes is 100% not good for the club long term.

he's totally out of his depth. Can you really imagine david moyes creating one of the top 5 clubs in europe for instance? not now but over 5 years?

if you said yes, ask yourself would you have said the same thing prior to SAF annoucing his retirement.

No, chance.

And that's what united should be going for.

I can take long term planning but not this ridiculous nonsense.

We finished 11th in Fergusons first season, knocked out of every cup. Faith was shown and he built something amazing. I believe in the club and I believe in Moyes. If by this time next year we are languishing bottom of the table then yeah, ill conceed he was a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

Buttner is nowhere near the required standard to be a United player. I lost count of how many crosses he completely over-hit. I can completely understand Moyes getting rid of him.

I thought he put in some excellent crosses yesterday even apart from the one for the goal.

Moyes should definitely be sacked if that's the case and he can bring the whole team with him. 1st to 4th would be bad in the space of a year. But first to midtable is a complete failure. Moyes has never won anything at this level and you'd have to seriously question his ability to manage at the top if he takes us from first to midtable even considering the state of the squad.

Fans obviously don't have deep insight into the club but we can only judge the team on the product that is out out in front of us. Not only are the performances useless we are also getting very poor results. Just becuase you think that fans don't know anything doesn't mean that Moyes knows what he's doing. He's had very little positives outside of Januzaj. Himself and Woodward didn't improve the squad during the Summer.

Moyes has proven nothing and therefore gets no benefit of the doubt.

I thought he put in some excellent crosses yesterday even apart from the one for the goal.

To be fair he did make some good crosses, but he also made some horrible crosses. His inconsistency is the problem I think. It's the same for his dribbling, one minute he'll do a step over and beat a man, the next he'll try it and fall over the ball.

My argument is that to be an attacking full back at a top club you need to have consistent ability when it comes to crosses as it should be your bread and butter when it comes to attacking play. Over hitting a cross by the amount he did yesterday is unforgivable, one of them landing a few yards from the sideline on the other side!

I like his attitude and willingness to get forward, I just think his skill level lets him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

bantee wrote: »
    Wouldn't agree with this. By and large, his starting team selections have been grand; it's his general tactics that have been poor.

His selections have been awful, continuously picking Kagawa on the left.

Playing Rooney and RVP half fit, freezing at chicha in the first 3 months of the season.

Continuously playing the awful Valencia, completely freezing out Ando and Fabio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

We finished 11th in Fergusons first season, knocked out of every cup. Faith was shown and he built something amazing. I believe in the club and I believe in Moyes. If by this time next year we are languishing bottom of the table then yeah, ill conceed he was a mistake.

Your comparing two completely different clubs, Fergie didnt take over champions and Moyes did. I have no problem with Moyes rebuilding and results to suffer but we are not playing to the potential thats even in the current set of players. I will obviously hold fire till the end of the season as should most Utd fans however he hasnt shown much so far to inspire confidence going forward.

• Advertisement

ferguson won a european cup and the scottish league (3x) with aberdeen.

you believe in moyes all you want but it's nothing by blind faith because he's never shown anything to suggest he can transform into a manager of united's level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

To be fair he did make some good crosses, but he also made some horrible crosses. His inconsistency is the problem I think. It's the same for his dribbling, one minute he'll do a step over and beat a man, the next he'll try it and fall over the ball.

My argument is that to be an attacking full back at a top club you need to have consistent ability when it comes to crosses as it should be your bread and butter when it comes to attacking play. Over hitting a cross by the amount he did yesterday is unforgivable, one of them landing a few yards from the sideline on the other side!

I like his attitude and willingness to get forward, I just think his skill level lets him down.

He is probably a better option than Evra at the moment. Although he shanked 2 or 3 he also put in 3 fantastic crosses which is more than our wingers provided.

Lol at the comparison with Ferguson. Ferguson took over a side that was sitting in 21st with a culture of drinking and players in poor shape. Ferguson also had European success and domestic success with Aberdeen. Man United were clearly improving under Feeguson bar one year and we won the FA Cup that year.

Polar opposites

duffman13 wrote: »
    He is probably a better option than Evra at the moment. Although he shanked 2 or 3 he also put in 3 fantastic crosses which is more than our wingers provided.

I'd almost agree with you, but I still think Evra is the far better player if he turns up. And that's the real question isn't it.

I think if we're to assume that Buttner is our best option at left back currently then a signing in that position this month is a necessity. I very much doubt that Buttner will improve drastically by getting regular game time, I think he's playing at close to his potential. We need a world class left back, especially if Moyes is favouring wing play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

The thing is Moyes will 100% recall evra who will fall asleep and let us down on Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

irishfeen wrote: »
    Yeah when the camera panned to him after Buttner sky highed a cross yesterday you could see the detest nature in his face... It's like as you say he has come to the realisation that the squad for the most is extremely average.

He has stated that & said we need signings but then contradicts himself by saying the club probably won't be bringing anyone in during January.

I was annoyed by the result yesterday but not surprised,it's the story of our season so far.We have a period in a game where we look good & carve out chances which are missed,then concede.After that we look clueless.Even yesterday when we got back into the game we never pushed on & Swansea looked more & more at ease the longer the game went on,it was inevitable that what happened did.

I haven't criticised Moyes & trusted Fergies judgement in his appointment but it's rapidly getting to the stage where something has to give.I said give him a chance to stamp his name on the team but we are into the 2nd transfer window & all we got was a midfielder who's way off form & currently injured (even when he was fit,Moyes left him out).
    It's bull saying that players aren't wanting to join us,just don't be stingy & lowball the offers made.Had a half decent offer been made to Barca,we'd have Fabergas playing for us,Barca as much as said so themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Your comparing two completely different clubs, Fergie didnt take over champions and Moyes did. I have no problem with Moyes rebuilding and results to suffer but we are not playing to the potential thats even in the current set of players. I will obviously hold fire till the end of the season as should most Utd fans however he hasnt shown much so far to inspire confidence going forward.

Well Said!

Also, Ferguson finished second in his first full season at United in 1988 with mostly the same team Atkinson had. He then started the rebuilding. He shipped out a lot of the names from under Atkinson after that season and a lot of supporters seem to forget that. He gave the players a chance first.

4th place is bare minimum, if he doesn't get that it should be curtains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

beno619 wrote: »
    The thing is Moyes will 100% recall evra who will fall asleep and let us down on Tuesday.

+1

As bad as Butters is,at least he tries.Still pissed off over Evra standing on the halfway line VS Spurs when Adebayor scored.Story of his last 2 seasons.

Reading another forum & a few were complaining about Evans,he covered Rio's arse more than once yesterday.Yes Rio was a good servant but his time here is over.
    Coentrao is gettable,we should take Alonso on a free also as at this stage,beggars can't be choosers.There's a few others available such as Matuidi who no doubt we'll overlook then watch as they star for the likes of Arsenal etc.If the likes of Koke,Reus et al aren't up for a move this month then surely we should get pre-contracts in place for the Summer to ensure we'll have some quality coming in.
    The "no value in the market" statements is surely redundant at this stage,if you want quality,you pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Poor yesterday, the atitude of the players was terrible, the only time they got a bit of go in them was when they conceded and then they upped it for 5 minutes, got the equaliser and then resumed toddling along.

Thought Fletcher was good, can be a big addition for us, delighted for him.

Hernandez looked way off the pace, no sharpness in the box, apart from the goal obviously.

Januzaj was bright. He's a star.

Smalling is cat at the moment, he is lazy of body and mind. Thinks he's made it.

I think Fabios challenge was a yellow myself but that's beside the point. Criticize him if you will but at least the boy was showing some endeavour and enthusiasm, we need this.

Buttner, I see getting some kudos. Buttner was Buttner, he will do one very good thing but 2 sh!t things and generally look like a junior player on the ball.

The atitude is the most worrying thing, we can all talk transfers and we could do with a bit of quality in the centre of the park but at the same time we have plenty quality overall but the atitude is just not there and it will take a serious injection of life. A Cantona type transfer or a Keane type character...

We have a group of seriously complacent players.

Having worked under Fergie, it is now a case of 'the cats away, the mice will play'.

I find myself wondering if any manager could get these players as a group up for it again. Maybe Mourinho or Pep could, but any other manager would be as much of a gamble as Moyes is.
    Personally I wouldn't have had Mourinho.

The man should get the chance to at least work with his own squad. We need signings to inject life into the existing players. The quality we have is more than enough to get in the top 4.

On a side note, the state of the stadium towards the end of the games when things aren't going the 'fans' way is disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

zerks wrote: »
    He has stated that & said we need signings but then contradicts himself by saying the club probably won't be bringing anyone in during January.

I think you have to give him a break here. Every man and his dog knows January is a difficult month to buy. Utd's desperation doesn't make a difference. Utd need quality not quantity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Put in some decent tackles too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Given Alonsos Liverpool connection do ye reckon he'd join Utd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

ericzeking wrote: »
    Having worked under Fergie, it is now a case of 'the cats away, the mice will play'.

Agree. The committment levels seem to have dropped since Moyes took over. Its fairly obvious that he doesnt command the same level of respect as Fergie (for obvious reasons). Without bringing in some big name signings or comprehensively beating a big name team (City/Chelsea/Arsenal/ European) then I can't see how Moyes will turn this around.

Desperately want him to do well, but his tactics, team selections and mentality have not been up to scratch IMO. Maybe the small team mentality he had with Everton is creeping in? i.e. trying to play things safe against lesser teams (Swansea/West Brom/etc etc), keep it tight and win by a single goal, rather than going all out and trying to steamroller these types of teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

At this stage Moyes seems to be picking players based on how they're doing in training rather than actual game time. That's the only rationale I can see for continually picking Evra, Tony V, Cleverley. Dreadful players for a club like Man U to be playing.

Why pick Kagawa and play Welbeck in his position? Makes no sense and he waited till the 75min to swap them round with Kags having an immediate effect and created a chance straight away. Unfortunately we only got 5 mins of this before Fabio was somewhat harshly sent off.

Welbeck is not a link player.
    Kagawa is not a winger.
    Valencia is just brutal.
    Cleverley is a poor excuse for a midfielder.
    Evra has been finished for a while now.
    Giggs is not and never has been a midfielder.
    Chico criminally under used.
    Yet Moyes keeps making these same mistakes over and over again. To be honest i've no idea how he can dig his way out of this mess. Nothing (not a single thing) he has done this season suggests that he can turn it around. I wish him all the best and really hope he can prove myself and a lot of his doubters wrong but I can't help but feel his P45 is not to far away.

Anyone who thinks the Glaziers will just accept being £40 million out of pocket by not finishing top 4 is smoking crack. They are interested in only one thing and that is creaming off money from Utd and anything that affects this will be swiftly removed. For all Fergies talk of giving Moyes time when push comes to shove he'll deal with the Glaziers the same way he always has i.e. Keep quiet and get paid.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'd be stunned if Moyes didn't get until next January at least. So much so that I don't think there's even any point in talking about him being shown the door. It's not going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I think you have to give him a break here. Every man and his dog knows January is a difficult month to buy.

Which is why people like me were so annoyed at him and Woodward completely ****ing up the summer transfer window. I said it at the time, Moyes had a gaping hole in his squad and he did not have the luxury of taking his time to settle in and look around. He had to get the business done.

He didn't do it and now he is reaping the rewards. He has nobody to blame but himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I'd be stunned if Moyes didn't get until next January at least. So much so that I don't think there's even any point in talking about him being shown the door. It's not going to happen.

I'd say finishing outside of the top 4 may test the owners resolve more than some people realise.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think you have to give him a break here. Every man and his dog knows January is a difficult month to buy. Utd's desperation doesn't make a difference. Utd need quality not quantity.

people always trot this out, its not true. LFC January buys

Mascherano
    Suarez
    Agger
    Coutinho
    Sturridge
    Skrtel

er Andy Carroll

There are good players out there, just have top spot 'em. This may in fact be a task for Utd, what's your scouting network like? It could be the club will have to become a bit more resourceful from here on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Which is why people like me were so annoyed at him and Woodward completely ****ing up the summer transfer window. I said it at the time, Moyes had a gaping hole in his squad and he did not have the luxury of taking his time to settle in and look around. He had to get the business done.

He didn't do it and now he is reaping the rewards. He has nobody to blame but himself.

Here's the thing though, he kept Rooney (for now) and has him playing so well and he was playing superbly in that withdrawn number 10 role in recent times, spraying balls around in a Scholesesque manner, if you keep Rooney playing like that (and we also have Kag or even Januzaj for that role), then you need 2 sitting/all round type CM behind him, he signed Fellaini, has Carrick, Cleverly, Jones and Anderson and now Fletcher...we should still have plenty, their role is quite simple if the team is being built around Rooney. Especially if the exact player he wants wasn't available.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have signed another midfielder, I would have blown all over the work computer screen if we'd got Fabregas... I'm just looking at what the logic of what he may have been thinking was.

Moyes must be confident in the time he has to get it right, from the board at least.

• Advertisement

I think we all accept that he won't be sacked unless he completely bombs this season but it doesn't mean he shouldn't be sacked. I'm all for giving the guy time but progress needs to be shown.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement