Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Mad idea indeed. We are already create a decent atmosphere win, lose or draw so this idea is wasted money in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Anyone else seen this? Sounds mental altogether

Manchester United could have the most futuristic stadium the world has seen – with a village on the roof.

It could be worse, Qatar's 2022 World Cup Stadium design looks like a giant Vagina!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32545-1384628769-1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It could be worse, Qatar's 2022 World Cup Stadium design looks like a giant Vagina!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32545-1384628769-1.gif

Brings a new meaning to the phrase "If there's grass on the pitch, play ball"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Xenophile wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how many Man Utd. players will feature in the country squads of the 2014 World Cup and which country they will represent.

Valencia - Ecuador.
    Nani - Portugal.
    Kagawa - Japan.
    Hernandez - Mexico.
    RVP - Holland.
    Fellaini - Belgium.
    Evra - France.

and then England 8 so that is countries in total and with 6 probables in the England squad, that is 13 players in total.

Jones, Smalling, Carrick, Cleverly, Rooney, Welbeck will all be involved with England.

6 more players have a chance of making their squads, some need to be in the form of their lives and be injury free for 6 months to have a chance.
    • Young could make the England squad, but needs to get back playing properly first.
    • DDG should be playing for Spain, but he probably wont.
    • Rafael???? could get into the Brazil squad, but unlikely.
    • Henriquez has an outside chance of making it with Chile but unlikely.
    • Adnan could be there, if he declares for Belgium.
    • Zaha is unlikely, but possible with a big 6 months.

Rio, Evans, Giggs, Vidic, Fabio, Buttner, Lindegaard, Fletcher, Anderson all have no chance of playing in the World Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/352048/REVEALED-Man-Utd-ready-to-sign-Ever-Banega-for-20m-amid-interest-from-Arsenal-and-Spurs

Don't know if it was already posted.

Star reporting we are 'poised' to sign Banega in the summer, for 20million.

I would doubt the story is true - can't imagine us being poised to make deals for the summer window. Too much can happen in the time between now and then. I would imagine we are interested in him though - Moyes tried to sign him a few times for Everton.

That would be fantastic signing. Exactly the player we need, can play deep and also very very good on the ball. Shame though as we won't sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Moyes on Fellaini (plus info on some of the injured players):
    "He knows he can play better"
    "He has a wrist injury that we know he is going to have to have an operation for," said Moyes. "I think it is a little bit that he is protecting it. We are wary of that."
    He's had a few goals in him as either an attacking midfielder or coming from deeper and that was one of the reasons he appealed to us because he can get goals for us."

Guardian

Interview with Giggs:
    The man who has won 13 Premier Leagues, four FA Cups, four League Cups and two Champions Leagues, who has scored 168 goals in 951 games for Manchester United, is busy working out how he can deal with his mother’s text requesting “five tickets for Sunday”. It’s Cardiff City, the place of his birth. “It’s emotional," Giggs admits. And next Friday, he turns 40. “It’s just another day," Giggs says.

Telegraph

Reckon Giggs will start in CM. Cleverley alongside, Valencia and Adnan out wide I'll guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

David Moyes says this about Ronaldo:
    "Everyone at Manchester United would tell you he is the best in the business anyway," Moyes told MUTV on Friday.
    "I have not been fortunate enough to work with him but there is still hope some day it might be possible."

Then the tabloids do bad maths, when in truth there is no news....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

RobertKK wrote: »
    "Everyone at Manchester United would tell you he is the best in the business anyway," Moyes told MUTV on Friday.
    "I have not been fortunate enough to work with him but there is still hope some day it might be possible."

Then the tabloids do bad maths, when in truth there is no news....

Sure United are always interested in the best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Mad idea indeed. We are already create a decent atmosphere win, lose or draw so this idea is wasted money in my opinion.

Not true imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Looks like we could be in for a player or 2 in January.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Nov/david-moyes-focused-on-long-term-planning.aspx?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd
    Moyes plans for the future

Manchester United manager David Moyes says any potential business done in the January transfer window will focus on improving the squad in the long term.

Clubs will have one month from the turn of the year to strengthen with new faces but Moyes is not looking to make any ‘quick-fix’ purchases, and would only consider players who can make a lasting impact at Old Trafford.

“The thing about this club is that we always think long term,” he told reporters. “I am thinking how we are going to have a side that is going to be competing in the Champions League and right at the top end of the Premier League for four or five years.

“It has to be a continual building process here. We will continue to look to do that. In any one window you couldn’t change it all around anyway. It takes maybe two, three or four windows to do that. To talk about January and make it sound as if that would be the place where everything is cured and any problems would be resolved would be wrong.”

Moyes added that while he is open to bolstering his squad in the near future, he wouldn’t rush into signings for the sake of it and wants to bring in the right kind of player. “It is not me saying we are not going to buy anyone in January,” he continued. “We are going to try to if the opportunity is there, but they have to fit the right criteria. If not, we will have to wait until the summer and see if we can get them then.”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

RobertKK wrote: »
    Moyes angling for the Madrid job already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Barkley would be a superb signing for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Headshot wrote: »
    Barkley would be a superb signing for us

In a few years.....when he is better, yes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

In a few years when his contract is nearly up and affordable

On another note isnt it amazing how Everton have transformed since Moyes left..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Playing well but I think when Moyes was there all they were missing was a regular goal scoring CF,they have that now in Lukaku.

Playing well but I think when Moyes was there all they were missing was a regular goal scoring CF,they have that now in Lukaku.

I find they play alot more attractive soccer Under Martínez than they ever did with Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

First time i have seen them this season., surprised at how much better than Liverpool they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

First time i have seen them this season., surprised at how much better than Liverpool they were.
    DONT SAY THAT! You'll lure them in here. Saying that is like a freaking bat symbol to them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

True, Everton could have scored six.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Talk of Baines foot being broken

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

RasTa wrote: »
    Talk of Baines foot being broken

Some man if so he jogged down the steps into the tunnel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

True, Everton could have scored six.

Mignolet had to make 9 saves,all of them crucial,not just run of the mill catches.I think Liverpool's position in the league is very flattering,when they are really tested they look ordinary & vunerable.If Suarez get's injured or leaves in January they are bollixed.

Considering how meh we've been so far,we aren't far off the top.A win tomorrow and we are just a point behind them,considering how people have been bigging them up & celebrating our "demise" it just goes to show how people get so carried away.

Fabio is on Twitter now

https://twitter.com/22FabioDaSilva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Heading to Carlow this evening to an event with Gary Pallister and David May.
    I'll try get a few pics, and stick them up here later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Mata on the bench again for Chelsea.
    I wish we'd go for him. Day One jersey buy for me if we did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Mata on the bench again for Chelsea.
    I wish we'd go for him. Day One jersey buy for me if we did.

And have even more of a squad imbalance?

Fabulous player but would only make sense to get him if Rooney or Kagawa were sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

The only way Mata would be going to United is if Rooney was going the other way.

He'll be going back to Spain if Chelsea do sell him though.

So then we'd have a pecking order of Rooney, Mata and Kagawa for the number 10 position.

BUY MOAR NO. 10s!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

So then we'd have a pecking order of Rooney, Mata and Kagawa for the number 10 position.

BUY MOAR NO. 10s!!!!

And wingers! Lots and lots of wingers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

What is this amazing transformation Everton have made. They finished 6th last season and been overachieving for the bones of 8 years. After 12 games under Martinez they are 5th how is this amazing. He inherited Moyes squad and finally got a proper striker something they never had. If he finishes in the top 4 ye it will be amazing anything less will be equal at best to Moyes.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    What is this amazing transformation Everton have made. They finished 6th last season and been overachieving for the bones of 8 years. After 12 games under Martinez they are 5th how is this amazing. He inherited Moyes squad and finally got a proper striker something they never had. If he finishes in the top 4 ye it will be amazing anything less will be equal at best to Moyes.

sigh if you actually read my previous post instead of jumping your gun you would see im talking about the style they play. Its alot more attractive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I actually enjoyed watching Everton last few seasons. There's more than one way to play the game. Direct football can be just as good and often better to watch.

Direct football can be just as good and often better to watch.

Indeed, Borussia Dortmund springs to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody heading to Cardiff tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Wish I was,Mary Street FTW.

I could jump on the ferry from Rosslare,catch a train and be there in the afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Love to go but sadly not.

You going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Heading to Carlow this evening to an event with Gary Pallister and David May.
    I'll try get a few pics, and stick them up here later.

Not the best of quality, but you get the idea.
    Really enjoyed the night, May has a real dry sense of humour and he ripped the piss out of Pallister a few times... Was a good laugh...

Really interesting to hear guys speak so openly when you'd be so used to hearing stock answers when on tv or radio etc.

Lads on stage.
    994055_558409627585288_324347676_n.jpg

Supporters club flag hung on balcony
    1471769_558379047588346_378793405_n.jpg

1471082_558362994256618_279439989_n.jpg

The two boys spotted me and asked for a picture... :pac:
    1470123_558381874254730_720080112_n.jpg

And to crown it off, I won this, signed by Denis Irwin and David May. Chuffed.
    1450141_558409357585315_1875979448_n.jpg

Nice ^^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

LostBoy101 wrote: »

Disagree, atmosphere isn't great at all in OT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Pallys looks like he's still keeping in shape.
    May...not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

3 points today could put us third. Who'da thunk it :P

3 points today could put us third. Who'da thunk it :P

Chelsea 4 ahead in third right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

The majority of people who had faith in the new manager and realised there would be a transitional period when he took over, and didnt throw toys out of the pram after a few bad results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Chelsea 4 ahead in third right now.

We'll they're joint second :-)

Rooney on his level of fitness:
    "I'm just saying it's the same as last season. But, obviously, it's been noticed this season. That's all," the England international said when asked whether his fitness had not been appreciated.

Independent.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Trilla wrote: »
    We'll they're joint second :-)

onemorechance was right though, I was going off a League table that not had updated Chelsea's result last night :(

Still the point remains, even with such a slow start and annoyingly 5 points dropped at OT against teams we all know Fergie would have attained the team is still in a good position. today is a big test, trying to keep that momentum up despite the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Getting a win these days just doesnt feel as routine as before. I fear every away game is a banana skin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Dembele on the bench again today for Spurs

• Advertisement

I know stats don't tell the whole picture but Dembele's are pretty damn impressive.

Averaged 91% pass accuracy in 30 PL games last season, forward passes more than backward passes, and it's not like these passes were 4 yard passes, the average was around 16-17 metres.

84% of tackles won.

55 key chances created, almost 2 a game

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement