Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Motivator wrote: »
    Ok then, I'd love for you to tell me what is wrong with what I've said.

I think it's great, all the United fans who jeered Liverpool fans for years over the demise of their club. The same thing is happening to Man Utd & the fans just can't take it or choose not to believe it.

Ah you're a Liverpool fan, the most qualified to tell us about United. #Obsessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

kryogen wrote: »
    That makes zero sense.

You think we have a better chance of signing him if we move in January, citing that Madrid normally dont spend big in January and will outbid us in the summer

I counter that Madrid will go for him anyway if they really want him in January. They can also agree to sign him but let him stay at Dortmund for the rest of the season, a luxury we dont have.

Madrid are not a team who back down in transfer deals generally, if they want, they normally get. That is a reality and if you think that bidding in January would somehow give us an advantage over them I would say you are mistaken.

Have you any examples of this scenario Madrid breaking the mould in January to spend big on a player another club has bid on or is it just opinion?

If it is just your opinion, I disagree and think you are mistaken.

Have you any examples of this scenario Madrid breaking the mould in January to spend big on a player another club has bid on or is it just opinion?

If it is just your opinion, I disagree and think you are mistaken.

I think what he means is that it is irrelevant, that they haven't done it before, as they have the financial capability and means to do so, if they NEED to now, and past history counts for nothing in these scenarios.

E.g if Bayer had offered 70m for Ronaldo in January the year he left, do you not think they would have stepped in at the time and made a bid too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Source on that?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2534628/Moyes-demands-emergency-meeting-Uniteds-Euro-scouts-City-tracking-new-Zlatan-Solskjaer-heading-home-talent-plus-Vidic-lined-Italian-job.html

Daily Mail so could be bs, but it does say in it
    Despite proclamations to the contrary, he has already ruled out bids for Atletico Madrid’s Koke, Cruzeiro’s Everton Ribeiro and Paris Saint-Germain pair Blaise Matuidi and Marco Verratti.

I think what he means is that it is irrelevant, that they haven't done it before, as they have the financial capability and means to do so, if they NEED to now, and past history counts for nothing in these scenarios.

E.g if Bayer had offered 70m for Ronaldo in January the year he left, do you not think they would have stepped in at the time and made a bid too?

I am not saying they won't bid on a player in January, I am saying it's more likely they won't bid in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I think it's great, all the United fans who jeered Liverpool fans for years over the demise of their club. The same thing is happening to Man Utd & the fans just can't take it or choose not to believe it.
    I choose not to believe Kagawa cost almost twice his actual transfer fee yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Ah you're a Liverpool fan, the most qualified to tell us about United. #Obsessed.

Look back to a post from a couple of days ago. I'm not a Liverpool fan or a City fan. I just think it's comical that United fans can't hack it now that their team has been exposed as an average one. One world class player in the squad in Rooney. Look at all the players in the current United squad that aren't good enough. There's quite a few: Jones, Smalling, Cleverley, Fellaini, Nani, Young, Valencia, Welbeck. How many of these lads would have got in the United team from the early 2000s? None of them, they wouldn't have been squad players let alone starters in the team.

If you guys can't even argue the point with me then you're reassuring me that United fans havent a clue. You can continue to dodge the questions. At the end I the day you just look like hypocrites. All the laughing at other teams for 20 years when the glory was at Old Trafford. Now the dark days have finally arrived you don't know what way to react.

It is amazing United's dominance lasted so long but the tide is turning the sooner you guys face up to that fact the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Not going to speak for Mitch but this is bull. You know damn well what was meant by the staff leaving, and Moyes quite clearly has not addressed the weaknesses in the squad.

I made it clear in the original post Mitch was refferring to who I meant when I said staff, if you'd read it I don't think you'd have replied on Mitchs behalf as it was that clear. I went as far as to say old managerial, coaching and executive replaced by new. It was quite clear but Mitch wanted to strawman me a bit instead.
    Fine - I was trying to have a proper discussion with you, but you want to have shots at me instead. I thought when you were talking about staff leaving you meant Steele, Rene etc, not Gill. Apologies for that.

I'll leave the discussion there as you clearly don't want to converse with me.

Apology excepted. Continue all you like but don't spin it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Show me these supporters that cant hack it?

Liam O wrote: »
    I choose not to believe Kagawa cost almost twice his actual transfer fee yes.

My mistake, dunno how much he cost I thought it was somewhere around that figure. Doesn't matter if it was £2m or £24 he's still not good enough for that club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

My mistake, dunno how much he cost I thought it was somewhere around that figure. Doesn't matter if it was £2m or £24 he's still not good enough for that club.

Yeah sure what have facts got to do with anything.

Show me these supporters that cant hack it?

There's about 600 pages on this forum alone pal. From reading through a lot of the pages I'm astounded at the level of stupidity from United fans. There's loads of pages, have a look for yourself.

There's about 300 pages on this forum alone pal. From reading through a lot of the pages I'm astounded at the level of stupidity from United fans. There's loads of pages, have a look for yourself.

You do realise the difference between people concerned about the club and voicing discontent and people actually going off supporting another team?

Yet to see any United boards fan saying he aint supporting club anymore. Not 300 pages anyway;)

Why so bitter, and not being able to name one poster who "can't hack it" is just making you look like a fool

There's about 600 pages on this forum alone pal. From reading through a lot of the pages I'm astounded at the level of stupidity from United fans. There's loads of pages, have a look for yourself.

gone from 300 pages to 600...just like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

this scouts story is infuriating - just shows how inept United are with regards to the forward planning. On January 6th we are calling scouts in to decide who/if anyone we should be going for. Morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Look back to a post from a couple of days ago. I'm not a Liverpool fan or a City fan. I just think it's comical that United fans can't hack it now that their team has been exposed as an average one. One world class player in the squad in Rooney. Look at all the players in the current United squad that aren't good enough. There's quite a few: Jones, Smalling, Cleverley, Fellaini, Nani, Young, Valencia, Welbeck. How many of these lads would have got in the United team from the early 2000s? None of them, they wouldn't have been squad players let alone starters in the team.

If you guys can't even argue the point with me then you're reassuring me that United fans havent a clue. You can continue to dodge the questions. At the end I the day you just look like hypocrites. All the laughing at other teams for 20 years when the glory was at Old Trafford. Now the dark days have finally arrived you don't know what way to react.

It is amazing United's dominance lasted so long but the tide is turning the sooner you guys face up to that fact the better.

The squad isn't as strong as it should be and that's why we would like to see this been addressed,we had a chance in the summer but for one reason or another it didn't happen and only got Fellaini in.We'l just have to wait and see what happens in this months window and next summers transfer window.

As for Rooney been the only world class player in the squad id like to think there is two world class players with RVP been the second player.

Look at all the players in the current United squad that aren't good enough. There's quite a few: Jones, Smalling, Cleverley, Fellaini, Nani, Young, Valencia, Welbeck. How many of these lads would have got in the United team from the early 2000s? None of them, they wouldn't have been squad players let alone starters in the team.

Obviously, most of them wouldn't have even been 10 years old.

Why so bitter, and not being able to name one poster who "can't hack it" is just making you look like a fool

I've asked serious questions about different players in the Utd team, questions any fan of any club should be able to answer properly if they had a clue. About 10 lads have had a pop at me yet not one of them had the brains to even cop that I was being genuine & not on the wind up.

You've done it lads, you've assured me that Utd fans really haven't a clue. Enjoy the rest of the season, I'll pop back on in May to see if any of yee have learned to actually discuss football. Not one of you able to have a proper debate. By May you'll have all surely mellowed out. City will have long won the league by then & Man Utds status as a spent force will have been well set in stone. I'll enjoy the mid table games between yourselves & my team.

• Advertisement

Our friend Motivator names a bunch of players he thinks aren't good enough and leaves out Evra, he's got a real handle on the problem.

Its that time again.

Hello Ignore button not seen you in while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

You've done it lads, you've assured me that Utd fans really haven't a clue.

Who do you support? We can make sweeping generalisations about how brain dead your teams supporters are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I've asked serious questions about different players in the Utd team, questions any fan of any club should be able to answer properly if they had a clue. About 10 lads have had a pop at me yet not one of them had the brains to even cop that I was being genuine & not on the wind up.

You've done it lads, you've assured me that Utd fans really haven't a clue. Enjoy the rest of the season, I'll pop back on in May to see if any of yee have learned to actually discuss football. Not one of you able to have a proper debate. By May you'll have all surely mellowed out. City will have long won the league by then & Man Utds status as a spent force will have been well set in stone. I'll enjoy the mid table games between yourselves & my team.

You're right, I haven't a bloody clue what you're on about. :confused:

Only seeing this part now.

Man City put in and 80m bid for Kaka in January 2009(the deal collapsed), not a stir from Madrid, who then bought him in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Is that you Kev?

http://youtu.be/_Yenzdq5g6o

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Advertisement

Having pops indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Only seeing this part now.

Man City put in and 80m bid for Kaka in January 2009(the deal collapsed), not a stir from Madrid, who then bought him in the summer.

Tbf, they could have decided he wasn't worth more than 80m or that City had no chance of getting him. I mean, why would you choose City over Real Madrid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Do not post in this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

this scouts story is infuriating - just shows how inept United are with regards to the forward planning. On January 6th we are calling scouts in to decide who/if anyone we should be going for. Morons.

How do you know they haven't already delivered initial reports and Moyes is just getting them together now to see whether anything has changed or if they've spotted anybody new?

The truth is you or I don't why he's called a meeting with the scouts. Pretty irrational speculating and reaching wild conclusions on something we essentially don't have much information on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have already pointed out the idiocy of your post.

On a side note, I wish I had a euro for every time I was told United were heading for demise

• Advertisement

I am not saying they won't bid on a player in January, I am saying it's more likely they won't bid in January.

So your position is that even if United make a bid for a player in January that Madrid have lined up for a summer transfer they will just stand by and let it happen without attempting to get involved themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Fabio-Coentr-o-has-agreed-011.jpg
    Coentrão has agreed a deal to join United but the champions may miss out on the left-back for a second consecutive window as Real do not want to sell any players during January. "No players are leaving and we're not going to sign anyone," said Carlo Ancelotti, the Real manager, on Sunday. "The window is closed for us."

Despite the public stance, there remains hope that Jorge Mendes, Coentrão's agent, will be able to persuade Real to sell the 25-year-old, who has made only four starts in La Liga this season and was reportedly upset when Moyes failed to sign him in the summer transfer window.

Guardian

Not looking likely that Madrid will sell in January. I wonder if this "deal agreed" is the one made in summer still in place, or has there been a new deal in the last few days.

Again, I literally picked your first laughable post apart piece by piece, why do you ignore that? Trolling perhaps?

Look at this one, saying RVP is not a world class player is certainly idiotic

Saying that players like Fellaini, Nani etc wouldnt get into an early 2000's United squad is mind numbing considering the likes of Bellion, Djemba and Miller were in early 2000's squads

I have answered each of your points, you are the one ignoring. Simply because your points are dumb I guess.

The dark days are here? Well, wouldnt that just make all your dreams come true eh, I suppose you would celebrate it more then a victory for your own team by the sound of the bitter.

I love guys like you, failing so badly at a wind up but at least showing everybody how important this club is to you, how much of an effect it has on your life.

Warms the heart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Reports from Spain tonight are picking up pace that we'll sign Coentrao.Now if we could also manage to get Di Maria aswell.

Not trying to be smart here, its a genuine question.

Why do you believe everything you read in the paper?

The Times have picked up on story too.

Dont go your great craic

Refuse to engage with anyone who actually points out where you are wrong, just keeps on repeating the same rhetoric post after post.

Will our status as a spent force be the same as the last time City won the league or will this one be better? What about when Chelsea ended our dominance? Was that like a bronze level of spent force status then the last one was silver and next is gold?

You're on a rampage tonight Kryo:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Julez wrote: »
    Who do you support? We can make sweeping generalisations about how brain dead your teams supporters are.

he seems to support Newcastle, hence why he did not mention who he supports over that photo of the fan fighting the horse last year

So your position is that even if United make a bid for a player in January that Madrid have lined up for a summer transfer they will just stand by and let it happen without attempting to get involved themselves?

I never said lined up, it seems like you keep adding to this. If Madrid are interested they're more likely IMO to bid in the summer than in January, and I think this way based on their track record in January and also other examples (Kaka is one).

I worked it out ages ago, afaik Madrid's average spend the last 18 years in the summer is crazy high like 70/80 million per summer compared to 5m in 18 years in winter. Maybe the institution that bankrolls them only shells out the big money in the summer, who knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Not trying to be smart here, its a genuine question.

Why do you believe everything you read in the paper?

couldn't agree more, guaranteed that 90% of the stuff reported is probably lies, they have to try and sell papers somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Lads and lasses, please don't be quoting Motivator's posts as he is not to post in this thread again, and as such will be unable to respond to any of you.

I never said lined up, it seems like you keep adding to this. If Madrid are interested they're more likely IMO to bid in the summer than in January, and I think this way based on their track record in January and also other examples (Kaka is one).

I worked it out ages ago, afaik Madrid's average spend the last 18 years in the summer is crazy high like 70/80 million per summer compared to 5m in 18 years in winter. Maybe the institution that bankrolls them only shells out the big money in the summer, who knows.

Do you think if Man City bid 50m and it was accepted that Real would have acted? Considering they valued him at 65m.

zerks wrote: »
    Reports from Spain tonight are picking up pace that we'll sign Coentrao.Now if we could also manage to get Di Maria aswell.

Would be a pretty sweet double swoop alright, but unthinkable that Madrid would allow both to leave, particularly if they are not signing anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

David Moyes has the perfect storm - lots of injuries to first team players, we are in a world cup season, so lots of the top players will not want to move, inherited a midfield mess from Fergie, David Gill also left at the same time and Ed Woodward proved his inexperience in transfer business, poor home form.

It is a mess at the moment and maybe this season it can't be solved, I don't think United/Moyes should panic buy a player he doesn't want in the team, and if he can't get the players he wants then he shouldn't buy for the sake of it, but things need to change so maybe this is why a lot of the loaned players are returning, as cover and maybe to put pressure on existing players who play a lot and who aren't doing enough to win games.

I thought Buttner had the right attitude against Swansea, yes it is bad when he is our best player in a match, but he worked hard, not all his crosses were great, from sublime to terrible, but at least he showed a willing to work hard for the team and looked like a player who wanted to win, and if everyone tried a bit harder it would help.

You're on a rampage tonight Kryo:pac:

Im bored :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

One of the players we were linked to -
    The club official spoke to Sky Italia about Fredy Guarin, telling them;

“Guarin is an Inter player & we are happy to keep him. There is a contact with Chelsea & that makes us proud as he is an important player.

"They have the okay to speak to the player’s agent, but should he remain we would be happy.

“We have no desire to sell him, he is an important player and he is proving it. We aren’t looking for anyone new as Milito & Icardi are also coming back.

Ausilio also touched on Radja Nainggolan, denying any move had been made for him.

"He isn’t an objective we missed out on because we never pursued him. There is no dissapointment, since we didn’t think we could acquire him."
    http://sulia.com/channel/serie-a/f/d49e4d7e-38ca-4414-b2f2-324f6d0c8131/?source=twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hopefully he stays clear of utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Would be a pretty sweet double swoop alright, but unthinkable that Madrid would allow both to leave, particularly if they are not signing anyone

Looks like they are going to offer Alonso a 2 year deal.I'd have liked to see him come to United even if it was a stop gap.(plus it'd drive the scousers nuts)

• Advertisement

Im not adding anything, the word is that Gundongan is Madrid bound, I would strongly disagree that if Madrid have identified him as their next big midfield signing that another club going for him in January would put them off. You say they would out bid us if we wait till summer, more chance in January, I am saying if Madrid want him it wont make a difference when we bid.

Re the Kaka thing, very different circumstance. In the 08-09 season they had a different chairman and manager to the summer of 09. They had Perez, the Galactico man looking to sign a huge name to go with his presidency. Would be nothing like this situation.

Again, it is not relevant that they spend so much more money in the summer then the winter window. Most of their big signings obviously dont move clubs half way through a season and it doesnt prove that if one of their targets was being bid on that they would stay out of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement