Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

kryogen wrote: »
    I have already pointed out the idiocy of your post.

On a side note, I wish I had a euro for every time I was told United were heading for demise

If you did you'd be a billionaire after looking in the pool thread.

You say they would out bid us if we wait till summer, more chance in January, I am saying if Madrid want him it wont make a difference when we bid.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

zerks wrote: »
    Reports from Spain tonight are picking up pace that we'll sign Coentrao.Now if we could also manage to get Di Maria aswell.

Gruaniad take on this

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/06/manchester-united-fabio-coentrao-koke-transfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

mike65 wrote: »

You literally never look back a few posts so you dont :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

At least it makes sense with what Moyes is saying. Looks like we'll get very little done in January!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

mike65 wrote: »

It seems that article is out of date with the Coentrao story,even the Spanish papers have missed out on printing it tonight.Madrid's former director of communications tweeted it (afaik he writes for AS).
    Hopefully it comes to pass.

I also have a feeling we could get some joy from approaching the Portugese clubs for a couple of players (and we just might offload Anderson in the process)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

James Ducker saying personal terms agreed on the paper.

He is one the most reliable I was told here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Red Crow wrote: »
    At least it makes sense with what Moyes is saying. Looks like we'll get very little done in January!

understandable with champions league ties but id like to think he will still bring one or two players in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

With all the back handers that Mendes gets he owes us one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Im bored :(

Hours of footballing fun to be had with this gem whenever your bored

http://www.myfootballgames.co.uk/game/80/Baggio_s-Magical-Kicks.html

• Advertisement

Was just about to post that............could it be time for Kermit to appear?

Lord knows we need some cheering up in here.

Was just about to post that............could it be time for Kermit to appear?

Lord knows we need some cheering up in here.

That muppet got banned ages ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Headshot wrote: »
    That muppet got banned ages ago.

I think he means the transfer Muppet within all of us.

With all the back handers that Mendes gets he owes us one

This!

About time he delivered some new players :)

I have a good feeling about this window, I think we'll sign at least 2 players.

Just don't blame me if it all goes Pete Tong

I think he means the transfer Muppet within all of us.

I think that went over your head :)

;)

Do explain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Where is he saying that? Don't see anything on his twitter.

One of my favourite movies ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Gotta love the cocaine badger!

• Advertisement

Thats why I said on the paper. Not on twitter

It's brilliant alright, used to be always on one of the channels, Film4 I think, haven't seen it in a good while though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Gotta love the cocaine badger!

Nah I'm exhausted, I'll just have a quick nosh!
    Thats why I said on the paper. Not on twitter

Thought you said he said agreed a deal on paper. Misleading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If moyes is planning to play with wingbacks and ditch the wingers hes an upgrade in the attacking department but he is hopless defensively anytime I have seen.

Nah I'm exhausted, I'll just have a quick nosh!

Thought you said he said agreed a deal on paper. Misleading.

on THE paper. "The" the important word to distinguish between the two:)

From Ducker in The Times:
    David Moyes tore into his Manchester United players in a furious dressing- room tirade after the FA Cup third-round defeat at home to Swansea City on Sunday.

The United manager was incensed by the poverty of the performance, despite largely defending his players in public, and warned that futures were at stake unless they arrest the slump that has added to a growing sense of gloom at Old Trafford.

Swansea’s 2-1 victory was United’s fourth defeat in their past six home matches and heightened the pressure on Moyes before the first leg of their Capital One Cup semi-final away to Sunderland this evening, a competition that may represent his only realistic chance of silverware this season.

Having admitted that he needs to sign players “urgently”, though, Moyes is hopeful of a breakthrough in the transfer market, with United thought to have agreed personal terms with Fabio Coentrão, the Real Madrid and Port-ugal left back for whom they made a failed bid in the summer.

Real have claimed publicly that Coentrão is not for sale, but it isbelieved that the Spanish giants aretrying to drive up the price and are open to selling, although there is a risk of the deal getting dragged out.

Moyes turned to the 25-year-old, who has won 43 caps for Portugal, amid reluctance to meet Everton and Southampton’s £25 million valuations of Leighton Baines and Luke Shaw respectively.

Good to see he's given the players a bollicking too,hope we see a reaction from them.

From Ducker in The Times:

Good to see he's given the players a bollicking too,hope we see a reaction from them.

Is that all he said? Thought there was more, by what what others were saying.

Might see later.

Is that all he said? Thought there was more, by what what others were saying.

Might see later.

Rest of the article is about how rubbish we've been with another mention of Coentrao near the end & a bit about how Reus & Koke will be much harder to get.

Seems like Koke is on £15k a week,we should offer him 6 times that and see how it goes,the problem is that he's playing for a team joint top of La Liga,would they sell now or would he even want to leave?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Not much transfer stuff today, but here goes
    Moyes told the player they're fighting for their futures.
    United will let Rooney run down his contract rather than sell him.
    They say Moyes wants Reus, Gundogan, Mangala, Shaw but will probably have to wait until the summer to make a big deal.
    Apparently Moyes has been told he has no restrictions on recruitment and can spend big.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10554666/Manchester-United-manager-David-Moyes-told-he-can-spend-big-to-revive-Premier-League-champions-hopes.html
    Another article claiming Moyes had a go

Moyes gave the players the hairdryer and is hopeful of signing Coentrao after agreeing personal terms with the player. Real are just hardballing trying to get a better price.
    Also wants Reus and Koke but neither seems likely.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/sport/article3967749.ece

Coentrao deal agreed upon, mainly twitter talk

http://www.thesportsbank.net/manchester-united/fabio-coentrao-deal-732/?

http://thebusbybabe.sbnation.com/2014/1/6/5280450/manchester-united-transfer-rumours-news-fabio-coentrao-real-madrid

So Di Maria did a Jacko in response to being booed when getting subbed off tonight for Madrid. It was 0-0 at the time, they won 3-0.

Not really news but brings a little hope

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Totally off topic but... Pete Tong got an MBE there around Christmas. Weird.

I'm imagining the queen doing 'big fish,small fish,cardboard box' while listening to some of his music.

It'll be hard to find someone over there who hasn't got one in a few years, handing them out to everyone.

He's meant to be a decent DJ, haven't listened to any of his stuff.

rob316 wrote: »
    If moyes is planning to play with wingbacks and ditch the wingers hes an upgrade in the attacking department but he is hopless defensively anytime I have seen.

At Madrid maybe, he doesnt exactly get much help from the player in front of him but at Benfica he was good, very good I would say actually.

I would say he is a lot more sound defensively then Evra anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

if those reports are true about Coentrao having agreed terms ,hopefully the deal can be sorted quickly with Real.He would be a good addition.
    Should throw in a bid for Di Maria as well,can't do any harm.It madness the amount of quality players Real dispose of,that go on to rediscover their form at other clubs.

This story is gathering pace be it true or bull.

Think it might be former for once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I rarely watch Spanish football so can someone tell me if Di Maria is an out an out winger?
    I'm just wondering cause if we want an end to 442 then would he be a contradiction to that?

GSPfan wrote: »
    I rarely watch Spanish football so can someone tell me if Di Maria is an out an out winger?
    I'm just wondering cause if we want an end to 442 then would he be a contradiction to that?

He can be both, he often plays from the right cutting in with his left foot, he would be comfortable as a true winger or an inverted (inside forward type) one

I think he would be a good addition, hopefully he would take to the league which is the only thing I could see holding him back. Dont think he will be rocking up in a United jersey any time soon though

Would not be surprised:pac:
    People getting confused thinking we have signed Coentrao. Woodward has actually sealed a sponsorship deal with the orange liquour Cointreau.

If we signed him I'd put him on the right and Nani on the left to link up with Coentrao.

I better stop getting my hopes up

Di Maria would be a fantastic buy but I cant seem him joining.Can play 442 or 433 and is a big set up from any of our current wingers .Hard to believe Real would even contemplate selling him.

• Advertisement

He knows he'll be back on the bench when Bale is fully fit though. And the fans are supposed to be getting on his back.

Slim chance but we should still try.

BdVO8pjCEAArFcH.jpg:large

BdVIXJkCMAAzP-O.jpg:large

Would not be surprised:pac:

How about a drop of Di Maria & Koke? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The traditional Man Utd 'war chest' for each transfer window

He knows he'll be back on the bench when Bale is fully fit though. And the fans are supposed to be getting on his back.

Slim chance but we should still try.

True he will be on the bench whenever Real have a full squad to choose from.If he was available he would be a good buy.If he leaves some team is going to get a top winger ,the price would be probably OK as well.

jaysus it went from 100m to 200m in the blink of an eye!

Wish my money worked like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Damn those hopeful stories. Now, I'll be sadder when we sign no one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Could be time to fill up on United at 33/1.

At least deadline day is on a Friday... drown the sorrows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Also, seeing that Roma, Napoli, Milan, Inter, Juve etc are all fighting over Nainggolan, wish we'd sign him, he's an excellent player

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement