Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is this stuff about De Gea having a transformation not just a new invention to batter David Moyes about Eric Steele?

If I recall, De Gea was an extremely young goalie in a new team, country and league who had a small bit of trouble adjusting in his first couple of months, and was then foolishly dropped/rotated with a far worse player before gradually settling in and showing how good he has always been.

This is the same Chris Woods who took a goalkeeper United (possibly not Steele, not sure) had made a balls of in Tim Howard, and turned him into a very solid performer.

As for the other two, you couldn't swing a cat in here over the last few years for someone mouthing off - without a shred of evidence mind you, but whatever - about what a **** assistant Mike Phelan was and how he was a yes man.

Meulensteen wasn't happy to have his role somewhat reduced by Moyes wanting to be hands on with players, was asked to stay and showed fairly dubious character getting into bed with the crooks at Anzhi instead.

#MOYESOUT

I never understood the muppets on here who massively dogged Phelan out of it without any proof or hardcore reason. Was almost arrogant at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

kstand wrote: »
    OK - put it this way.
    Would De Gea get into any of the top sides in Europe? Would Feillaini? If Barcelona went and signed Feillaini last season what would people have said, seeing him in a midfield with say Xavi and Mascherano?

Barca could be looking for a new keeper with Valdes rumoured to be leaving in the summer,wouldn't surprise me if they made a bid for De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Barca could be looking for a new keeper with Valdes rumoured to be leaving in the summer,wouldn't surprise me if they made a bid for De Gea.

And you wouldn't blame him if he left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

about game
    Craig Norwood ‏@CraigNorwood 1m Jesse Lingard travelled with the first-team to Sunderland, along with Wilfried Zaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Trilla wrote: »
    I never understood the muppets on here who massively dogged Phelan out of it without any proof or hardcore reason. Was almost arrogant at times.

Care to lay odds on how many of them I can find now using his departure to give out about Moyes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Real Madrid interested as well.
    Bayern have a great keeper in Neuer, possibly the best in the world right now.
    Joe Hart is having problems, I think City would put De Gea ahead of him if they had him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

OK. So give him a chance.
    Where do you play him? Pick a team there and tell me what role he would fulfill.
    I would pick him in midfield and give him a chance to prove himself.
    I see no reason why him and Carrick wouldn't work well together.4231 would give the attacking 4 a perfect platform to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,381 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

they are getting Ter Steigen on a free in the summer. That is NAILED ON. No chance DDG is going to barca in the summer. Real Madrid, maybe, but not Barca.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Neeson wrote: »
    And you wouldn't blame him if he left!

I know ya,but after all the flak he took when he came first off the media I hope not he well on his way to been the
    best keeper in the PL imo.

Big Dave is the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ter Stegen will be signing for them it's pretty much a done deal.

• Advertisement

yabadabado wrote: »
    I would pick him in midfield and give him a chance to prove himself.
    I see no reason why him and Carrick wouldn't work well together.4231 would give the attacking 4 a perfect platform to play.

Was at QPR last season at Loftus Road. Jones and Carrick played in the middle with Jones holding - it gave Carrick free ,icence to roam and he totally bossed the game, scoring one and setting up the other. Jones then got injured again in the following match and Fergie never tried it again.
    We need a midfielder who can pick passes like Scholes and link up play around the box (or shoot) used to and someone behind that who can hold the play up and cover across the front of the back 4 like Keano used to do and Carrick does now to an extent. Feillaini cant do either role I'm afraid. The only place it might work is to play him up front where Rooney has been playing and let him make a nuisance of himself like he used to do at Everton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

KH25 wrote: »
    I think Moyes needs a good win tonight, for his own sake.

I hope we nick an early goal out of somewhere, could be a bit of a rout then I feel as he will certainly have got stuck into the players after the Swansea game and I would expect a response from the players.

If Sunderland can repel it for the first half hour though I can see us losing confidence again

OK - put it this way.
    Would De Gea get into any of the top sides in Europe? Would Feillaini? If Barcelona went and signed Feillaini last season what would people have said, seeing him in a midfield with say Xavi and Mascherano?

Id be amazed at seeing Mascherano in midfield in the first place

why does it have to be Barca though?

Yes of course Fellaini would get into some of the top sides in Europes teams, as would De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Was at QPR last season at Loftus Road. Jones and Carrick played in the middle with Jones holding - it gave Carrick free ,icence to roam and he totally bossed the game, scoring one and setting up the other. Jones then got injured again in the following match and Fergie never tried it again.
    We need a midfielder who can pick passes like Scholes and link up play around the box (or shoot) used to and someone behind that who can hold the play up and cover across the front of the back 4 like Keano used to do and Carrick does now to an extent. Feillaini cant do either role I'm afraid. The only place it might work is to play him up front where Rooney has been playing and let him make a nuisance of himself like he used to do at Everton.
    Fellaini can do the holding job ,played DM for Everton and plays it for Belgium.Fellaini and Moyes both said its his best position but they were short of players up front so he was used there a lot by Everton.

Trilla wrote: »

Why would you say Phelan hasnt been snapped up to be manager or at least assistant manager somewhere yet?

kryogen wrote: »
    Id be amazed at seeing Mascherano in midfield in the first place

why does it have to be Barca though?

Yes of course Fellaini would get into some of the top sides in Europes teams, as would De Gea.

Well whoever. Just an example of a top side renowned for passing attacking football. Could be Real Madrid, PSG, Baeryn, Borussia Dortmund etc.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Care to lay odds on how many of them I can find now using his departure to give out about Moyes?

Do people complain that Phelan was replaced? I dont think they do?

Everybody expected him to go sure

Well whoever. Just an example of a top side renowned for passing attacking football. Could be Real Madrid, PSG, Baeryn, Borussia Dortmund etc.

If you are throwing Dortmund and PSG in there I am afraid I will have to throw in that Arsenal (a top side in Europe who play passing attacking football) wanted him too

Team vs Sunderland: De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Evans, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs, Januzaj, Welbeck

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Adnans been hitting the gym

fxGp8Hx.jpg

I like how he appears to have wings in first pic.

Angel Adnan

• Advertisement

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I like how he appears have wings in first pic.

Angel Adnan

Great spot:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Valencia Yayyyyy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Raf is back.

Sweeeeeeet.

Raf is back.

Sweeeeeeet.

As long as he makes it through the game he makes a huge difference to the team

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Edi t: sorry wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Can't say Im very convinced by that attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

We can disagree all you wnat. The Fabregass signing was all sh1t to get season tickets sold - he had no intention of leaving Barca. Only a fool would have been taken in by that one.
    As for leaving the blame with Woodward regarding not making signings? Moyes knew 1 month before he took over he had the job - he then had a further 3 months to go and identify who he wanted yet everything got done on the last day and yet somewhow, thats Woodwards fault? I agree, Woodward was out of his depth but that would not have been apparent if they went and did business earlier in the summer.
    I see there are a few on here at leats who rate Feillaini and think he will improve things? This isnt fvcking Bolton Wanderers.

As for the Glazers. Moyes and the current situation is the here and now. He was not the right man for the job in my opinion and results thus far have borne that out. But at the end of the day, until the Glazers have sold Man United and the club is run without debt, then its a house of cards and right now, bearing in mind interest payments onm the debt, a house of cards that could very easily collapse. yet so many seem oblivious to that.

I fundamentally disgaree with absolutely every you say here and in your previous posts, from the season ticket conspiracy and that a club the size of United would waste time and pull some mad stunt to trick fans and the assertion that anyone who doesn't agree with you about it is a "fool", to the utterly stupid Bolton Wanderers/Fellaini comment.

I will not clog up the thread multi quoting your posts as I'm sure nobody wants to a backwards and forwards argument between us for the next couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Adnan playing in the hole!? :D

Is that quote from Vidic agent true?

If so he won't be renewing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Raf is back.

Sweeeeeeet.

thought he was gonna be out for longer...... do ye think......nah....or could it be fabio in his jersey :pac:

Agueroooo wrote: »

Probably as true as the last few times

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Adnan playing in the hole!? :D

Dont be silly, Giggs is going to play there sure. May aswell

kryogen wrote: »
    Probably as true as the last few times

Bit of a mad thing is he?

Bit of a mad thing is he?

His agent is a bit of a knob yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Why did moyes rest de gea for the fa cup and start him for a capital one cup game which no one cares about, if anything he should be playing the fringe players in this and first team in fa cup especially after his speech about us not winning in 10 years and that we should be winning it. He really does make some strange selections

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

case885 wrote: »
    Why did moyes rest de gea for the fa cup and start him for a capital one cup game which no one cares about, if anything he should be playing the fringe players in this and first team in fa cup especially after his speech about us not winning in 10 years and that we should be winning it. He really does make some strange selections

One was an FA Cup third round tie at home, the other is a semi final at a ground both City and Chelsea have lost at this season. It's hardly a ridiculous decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I just laugh at it now, you really cant help but laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Mickey Mouse cup anyway.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm hoping I'm wrong but expecting a crap performance like usual where we struggle to break Sunderland down in the attacking third with crosses from every angle being the order of the day and Sunderland to score as well.

You can only be pessimistic and hope to be surprised.

It's all too predictable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Chagan wrote: »
    One was an FA Cup third round tie at home, the other is a semi final at a ground both City and Chelsea have lost at this season. It's hardly a ridiculous decision.

Who gives a crap if city and chelsea lost there, do you mean making a capital one cup final is more important then going further in the FA cup? God you must hold that competition in high regard, i would have thought giving fringe players game time is all it is good for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Groundhog Day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Headshot wrote: »
    I just laugh at it now, you really cant help but laugh

It's all about the league. Anything else is a bonus.

(We really aren't getting any luck this season though)

• Subscribers Posts: 41,871 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

How is our best player of the last few months an 18yo young lad?

Where are out about players to stand up and be counted. Valencia is as useful as a wet paper towel yet is our most consistant starter. ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Who gives a crap if city and chelsea lost there, do you mean making a capital one cup final is more important then going further in the FA cup? God you must hold that competition in high regard, i would have thought giving fringe players game time is all it is good for.

Yeah I do consider making a final important. Anything else is just arrogance.

It's not as if we got knocked out at the weekend because De Gea was missing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

In fairness a semi final of a cup would get priority from me if I was Moyes. Much better chance of silverware. Realistically there is the ability to win both of these games and the irony is we will probably lose both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Valencia and cleverly have been been absolutely rubbish, evra sloppy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What's the record for most players sold in a transfer window as I'd be an advocate of Moyes breaking it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

No, its not.

They never said anything about "I would rule out...", that was totally made up, as has been clarified by a Bosnian speaking journalist on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Anyone that watches the reserves.... Is there anyone that could do a job in center midfield instead of Cleverley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Heading for a Leeds United style slide at this stage.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement