Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Chagan wrote: »
    Yeah I do consider making a final important. Anything else is just arrogance.

It's not as if we got knocked out at the weekend because De Gea was missing anyway.

Never said thats why we got knocked out, moyes went on about winning the FA cup and how a team like man united should have won since 04 he the drops de gea and starts him tonight which means his priority was tonight. Bit sad really hes concentrating on the micky mouse cup, hes really turning us into a mid table team. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Cleverley, Giggs and Valencia have been nothing short of disgraceful. Absolutely zero creativity, with the first two not even being cable of basic ball retention at this stage. Cleverley and Giggs give the ball away about 6 times between them between in a 5 minute spell.

The only positive is Januzaj.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

case885 wrote: »
    Never said thats why we got knocked out, moyes went on about winning the FA cup and how a team like man united should have won since 04 he the drops de gea and starts him tonight which means his priority was tonight. Bit sad really hes concentrating on the micky mouse cup, hes really turning us into a mid table team. :pac:

Please stop. Replacing de Gea for a game at home in the FA Cup 3rd round v Swansea does not indicate in any way that he favours one over the other.
    Looking for controversy where there is none.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Nice one vidic now let get the win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Headshot,

sig more appropriate then ever :p

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Please stop. Replacing de Gea for a game at home in the FA Cup 3rd round v Swansea does not indicate in any way that he favours one over the other.
    Looking for controversy where there is none.

Yea because a home game against swansea will be a walkover afterall :rolleyes:. Why do you think he started De gea tonight instead of the fa cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Yea because a home game against swansea will be a walkover afterall :rolleyes:. Why do you think he started De gea tonight instead of the fa cup?

One is a third round tie against a Premier League team at home, the other is a semi final against a Premier League team away. The competition they're playing in is irrelevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

you couldnt write this, you honestly cant

A waster that shouldnt be near our team gives away a peno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

WTF are you thinking. Im convinced thats Fabio on the pitch

• Advertisement

Chagan wrote: »
    One is a third round tie against a Premier League team at home, the other is a semi final against a Premier League team away. The competition they're playing in is irrelevant.

Of course its relevant why wouldnt it be? Face it the FA cup is much more important.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

It's not even funny how **** we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

GET RID OF TOM CLEVERLY!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Get Raf off before he's sent off.

Of course its relevant why wouldnt it be? Face it the FA cup is much more important.

Would you rather win a 3rd round fa cup tie or a carling cup semi?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

duffman13 wrote: »

give me 6 points in the league and i couldn't care.

• Advertisement

Imagine losing 3 winnable games in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It looks to me like Moyes isn't trying to fix how shít we are

Just waiting for Rooney and RVP to come back and carry the sorry excuse of a team

Chico and Zaha on Cleverley and Giggs/Valencia off please

3rd round FA cup all the way, theres enough games in the fa cup, ucl and pl without without playing our first team in the capital one cup.

3rd round FA cup all the way, theres enough games in the fa cup, ucl and pl without without playing our first team in the capital one cup.

I agree but if your in a semi final id give that preference over a 3rd round tie especially this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

What top player would want to move to us in this transfer window? It'd take someone with serious balls who would be up for a massive challenge.

I agree but if your in a semi final id give that preference over a 3rd round tie especially this season.

The Fa cup is definitely more prestigious we didnt have a bad draw for the next round in it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Please Moyes go and buy some needed players. Please.

There's max three games left in the League Cup. There could potentially be twelve FA Cup games between now and May.

The two competitions have basically the same status now. The supposed 'magic' of the FA Cup doesn't strike me as a sufficient excuse for Moyes' to relegate his first shot at silverware behind a third round tie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Please Moyes go and buy some needed players. Please.

Please Moyes accept your training/tactics aren't working and try what was working. please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Football is so disjointed these days that it's hard to see United surviving as the same type of club should we miss out on the top four this season. The financial tightrope we've been balancing on the last few years means we can't absorb a disastrous season like this.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

I feel bad for Moyes, too many of these players are a disgrace to the shirt. FFS, how have we turned to sh1t so fast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

NiallMH93 wrote: »
    I feel bad for Moyes, too many of these players are a disgrace to the shirt. FFS, how have we turned to sh1t so fast?

No Rooney and RVP covering their holes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Utd need a new manager. Whatever about the players performances this season, it's just getting clearer and clearer that Moyes will never work at Utd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Man United tactics: cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross cross.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Moyes better not say we did well after this, he just can't

I don't blame Moyes for these players. I blame him for not getting rid of them and buying others.

nuxxx wrote: »
    No Rooney and RVP covering their holes

Any team would miss those two, but it doesn't explain why a team of title winners have crumbled like this. Pathetic really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

That shot of moyes shows he is a broken man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Moyes better not say we did well after this, he just can't

"I thought we did well, we were just unlucky and didn't take our chances. We'll look forward to the next one and try hard to improve. It'll get better."

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You know, I used to enjoy watching United. Even last season when we played poorly, you knew there could be a moment of magic, and in my useless life, it was something to look forward to.

Now though...

You know, I used to enjoy watching United. Even last season when we played poorly, you knew there could be a moment of magic, and in my useless life, it was something to look forward to.

Now though...

But our majestic crossing...how can you not like it?

I actually haven't enjoyed watching United in years. Yeah I get excited and loved the fact they could win regardless but it's been so poor to watch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If after this they don't make 2 or 3 major signings in January then Moyes is a fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Please for the love of god fire him please

He is a destroying this club

Iv never rated him and never wanted him at the club but even I never saw these kind of performances coming. He truly needs to go, if utd are to get back to what they were he has go

There are 24 days remaining in this window. Moyes needs to, for first time in his reign, show a bit of ruthlessness and go out and just get who he wants. No 'trying', no 'it's difficult', just put up or shut up.

It may cost us more money than we'd like, but he must do it now to not only improve this mess but to also show he is has the leadership qualities the club needs. Right now he looks just as much a passenger as Valencia, Evra etc do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

We didn't deserve to lose, still appalling stuff.

3 defeats in a row first time in 13 years.....its all the players fault though.

If after this they don't make 2 or 3 major signings in January then Moyes is a fool.

There's none available apparently. Absolutely none to improve on what we have. None. You hear me. None.

I agree, but sign who though? Koke and Coentrao aren't going anywhere and I can't see a queue forming to board a sinking ship. This is just ****ing depressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

So 32 competive games in 18 wins, 6 draws and 8 losses...leaves moyes with a 56.25 win percentage as man united manager, pretty dim viewing... I'd like for him to have a chance to revitalise the squad with new fresh faces.

The team is playing pretty terrible football for quite some time, with the exception of a few big games, they haven't played attractive football pre moyes for some time but still grinde out results. Hopefully the overhaul many united fans feel we need is coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Absolutely useless.

For the first time I'm properly aiming criticism at Moyes. The players did him no favours again tonight but he didn't make the changes that were needed to turn the game around. His inaction has cost us tonight and he needs to take the blame.

As for Cleverly, his time is up I think. What was he thinking making the tackle that gave away the penalty, he's a brain dead footballer and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

3 defeats in a row first time in 13 years.....its all the players fault though.

And that time was after the title was already wrapped up. This current crop seem hell bent on smashing records.

How can 1 or 2 massive signings help though? What use will they be with this style of play. They'll be called flops and useless and over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Ok for me whats not acceptable is sitting slouched in your seat with a few minutes and plenty of injury time to go, not to mention its only a first leg. Talk about defeatist.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement