Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

does Moyes teams do anything but cross the ball?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Body language showing a resignation of defeat in 88th minute and he is Man Utd manager???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I wonder what goes through David Moyes head when he sits down to pick the team? How on earth does he look at the names of Tom Cleverley and Antonio Valencia and think to himself, "yep, they should play"?

Has he not seen the previous 20 games or something? How can he pick Antonio Valencia and seriously think that it might work, his job is on the line for gods sake, what the **** is he thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Fcuk off Moyes. Doesn't have the balls to make big decisions. Giggs getting 90 minutes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Here's my weekly "Fúck off, Moyes" post.

Fuck off, Moyes.

Added a dash of colour to change things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Disappointing to lose 3 in a row but we're still in this tie so not that big a deal.

He needs to splash the cash asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Maybe we might sign someone this window.

Maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We need to spend obscene amounts of money

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My worry is that if the big players were going to be coming in, he'd have had them in now. He's had months now to work out deals, and he's not produced when we needed the transfers. Zero faith for him to do much in the market right now.

I wish, and I know it won't happen, we would go and throw money at Klopp to come, and bring a few Dortmund players with him :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

NiallMH93 wrote: »
    I agree, but sign who though?

Here is a handy checklist for evaluating players:

A) Is he better than Tom Cleverley

If anybody matches that list then they should be signed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

Can't wait to here Andy Cole's insights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

This whole debacle reminds me of Mike Bassett England Manager...writes the team down on the back of a fag box, we will be signing benson and hedges next....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Woo hoo. I'm a transfer target.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

3 defeats in a row first time in 13 years.....its all the players fault though.

and that was when the league was wrapped up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

You know, I used to enjoy watching United. Even last season when we played poorly, you knew there could be a moment of magic, and in my useless life, it was something to look forward to.

Now though...

i havent enjoyed united playing football since 2009.

thats when our play started to slow down and there was no real pace in our attacks till now were its nonexistent.

When was the last time United lost 4 matches in a row?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If we were guaranteed 4th at least then i'd be happy to wait till Summer and let him transform the team but thats too late.

Moyes can't be replaced though cause he is in on the big secret. THERE IS NO MONEY.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Cheer up lads, if we go out in the semis, we'll be spared a humiliating defeat to City in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Our squad would be the entire league and probably a good chunk of the championship too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I think it was 1989.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Next Saturday. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Shameful stuff coming from so called utd fans here. 3 defeats in a row for the first time in 13 years, it wouldn't have happened in fergies time..... oh wait

This will be turned around of that I've no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

nuxxx wrote: »
    Our squad would be the entire league and probably a good chunk of the championship too

And me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Tom Cleverley. The most unapt name to describe his style of play in the history of football.

Tom Stupidly would be more appropriate

Ask me on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭billyhead

This is turned into a ****ing joke now. It goes from bad to worse with each game and we will be lucky to make top 4. No point in splashing the money on squad players in January who we will be stuck with for 3-4 years. Better of trying to sort this mess out on the summer and have a massive clear out and rebuild job then and buy serious players who will improve the 1st team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Shameful stuff coming from so called utd fans here. 3 defeats in a row for the first time in 13 years, it wouldn't have happened in fergies time..... oh wait

What's shameful Ted?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

How? The performances have been so poor, where are these performances that are going to win us games?

The tactics of bombing the right wing with Tony isn't working
    Januzzi is are only player that looks good at the moment.
    Will RVP be fit enough to transform us?

Watching us has been hard this season.

Wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

A) Is he better than Tom Cleverley or Valencia or Giggs or Young or Fabio or Ferdinand or Anderson

:)

Although your statement would still stand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I hear The War Chest is to make a special appearance in the new Pirates Of The Caribbean movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

sky88 wrote: »
    i havent enjoyed united playing football since 2009.

thats when our play started to slow down and there was no real pace in our attacks till now were its nonexistent.

Been saying that to friends with a while now. Since Ronaldo, Tevez (pacey, excitng players) left, and weren't replaced, our attacking play has been pedestrian. United used to excite and get you out of your seat regularly. That hasn't happened with a long time. Even in winning the league last year RVP and less frequently Rooney used to get the goals in otherwise drab performances.

I've said it in a different post but years of penny-pinching on the transfer market has come home to roost.

Are you sure you have been watching the same team as the rest of us this season? Why don't you have any doubt, what have you seen that nobody else hasn't? And can you please pass this information onto Mr. David Moyes.

Our only hope of attracting big players is to get the manager of a club with big players. Then he can convince the players who trust him to come. Jurgen Klopp is the man.

Moyes was sunk into his seat at the end, he looks completely lost and dejected. Shouldn't have got rid of the backroom staff, its backfiring massively. Who does he have to help him, yes men like Phil Neville who zero experience?

No interview from Moyes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

As above ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

nuxxx wrote: »
    Moyes was sunk into his seat at the end, he looks completely lost and dejected. Shouldn't have got rid of the backroom staff, its backfiring massively. Who does he have to help him, yes men like Phil Neville who zero experience?

Made this point earlier surrounded himself with his men and guys with no experience Phil and Ryan.....
    No one who'd stand up and challenge him and say I think your wrong there Dave
    This has seriously bitten him in the ass

If a miracle happened and he was sacked, do you reckon Giggs will be given the job till the Summer? No worthwhile manager would touch us now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

GSPfan wrote: »
    If a miracle happened and he was sacked, do you reckon Giggs will be given the job till the Summer? No worthwhile manager would touch us now.

Hes not going to be sacked, cop on to yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

When was the last time we played well.
    Domestically, not a European game.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

There's going to be a lot of people calling for Moyes out etc. but I still think the players have to take most of the blame.
    The back 4 and De Gea was basically first choice, played fairly well IMO. Midfield was poor as has been consistently.

Fletcher coming on for Cleverley made us play a lot better too, Januzaj stood out of all the MF's and Welbeck.

Valencia still has a chance at the club, what's needed is a quick passer like Scholes/Rooney (if he was CM) to put ball out wide early and give a chance of a first time cross.

Scoring has been a problem lately, missing RVP and Rooney doesn't help at all. If you took out the best 2 attackers from any team in the league it's cause problems (Hazard/Oscar, Ozil/Walcott) etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Sacking him now would be completely stupid.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    When was the last time we played well.
    Domestically, not a European game.

West ham I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It'd be Ferguson on an interim basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Been saying that to friends with a while now. Since Ronaldo, Tevez (pacey, excitng players) left and were not replaced our attacking play has been pedestrian. United used to excite and get you out of your seat regularly. That hasn't happened with a long time. Even in winning the league last year RVP and less frequently Rooney used to get the goals in otherwise drab performances.

I've said it in a different post but years of penny-pinching on the transfer market has come home to roost.

Even Andy Cole said, "when they used to open up teams & get in behind them",we don't do that anymore.I feel it's a mixture of tactics and a lack of quality players.Have a look at how we played with pace and intelligence compared to the turgid junk that we witness now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We need to buy players.

We need to get rid of the dead wood.

Some of us have been crying about this for past 3 years.

FFS if this is not wake up call we deserve to be relegated.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

''It won't change how we go about things,
    January is not an easy month to purchase in.''
    "We have a good, big squad that is getting stretched at the moment because of the number of games.
    But everybody picks up injuries at this time of year. We are no different and will use the squad.''

From Moyes a few days ago. Don't get your hopes up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

I have lost confidence in Moyes, no ideas, no real tactics, too many teams have out played us this season and worse of all we look like we are going backwards rather than forward.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement