Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Our build up play is so slow. It's so easy to defend. I don't know how Valencia starts every game. Is Zaha really such a step down? Could he be worse?

Then again it may not make a difference who starts on the wing if our central midfield can't string two F*****G passes together. There is no supply to our attacking players in good areas of the pitch.

Our main problem is really central midfield. United had 57% possession. Not once during 90 mins did anyone look like playing a pass that would open up the Sunderland defence. There's something fundamentally wrong there. How can you have so much of the ball and do so little with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

I never wanted Moyes as manager in the first place. Completely overrated at Everton in my opinion.

His tactics are poor, outdated and easy for teams to play against and get at us. I've said this since the get go.

I've also said how god awful Cleverly is and people in here tried to defend him.

We need a massive clear out and the Manager could be the place to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

edgecutter wrote: »
    worse of all we look like we are going backwards rather than forward.

Thats probably Cleverleys passing you are looking at...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Searching for positives from today.

Januzaj.
    Rafael being fit.
    Vidic with a well-taken goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Frimpong posted this on his twitter.

picture.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

****storm at the caf, can't even connect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

brinty wrote: »
    Hes not going to be sacked, cop on to yourself

The truth hurts. And that hurt a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Will Rooney and RVP leave in the summer I wonder?
    Vidic not staying according to his agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Searching for positives from today.

Januzaj.
    Rafael being fit.
    Vidic with a well-taken goal.

Away goal :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Anyone else spot Evra and Moyes having it out in the first half after he was caught napping again? Not a good sign to see a player speaking back to the manager.

Moyes' whole attitude is a problem right now. He looks defeated and I think that's filtering down to the players. He needs to have confidence in himself and his tactics. If the players aren't playing for him then put in a few youth players in their place. I think Moyes has let himself believe the club is bigger than him and the job has swallowed him up as a result. I can't see things improving until Moyes puts his stamp on things. It's up to him now, he has a chance to buy in players who will play for him. If he fails it will be his fault. And he really can't fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭Danye

Thats probably Cleverleys passing you are looking at...

Don't tell me you haven't seen his stats? Most forward passes by a United player.

I hope you can detect the sarcasm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Did anyone see the reaction of Bobby Charlton at the end of the match? A picture paints a thousand words is the perfect phrase for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Lads....are ye mental?
    Ye have to be realistic, Moyes is not going to be sacked, ye have to give him a year anyway, let him make his own signings.
    As for signing people in this transfer window....Cabaye is the only player we could realistically sign, there's no way Everton, Leverkusen, Atletico, will sell their best players no chance in hell.
    Stop complaining, we would have been very ordinary only for RVP last season, Moyes has been very unlucky are injuries to him and Carrick. Rio and Vidic are not the same players. Ferguson was smart leaving last season, he knew it would take another 2 years to build a team. Be patient!

nuxxx wrote: »

It crashed just after the final whistle.In fairness most of the stuff is the same as what's being said here.It hasn't reached RAWK levels yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,226 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

nuxxx wrote: »

Not really to do with a meltdown. Whenever we lose, rival fans crash the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

How do i know. This is Manchester United that's how i know. Whether its Moyes that will lead them out of the slump only time will tell. Every other club in top 4 have been spending huge amounts of money on their squad and we've hardly spent a thing.

We've been passed out in terms of investment in squad for a number of years and we'll at long last spend heavily now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I hope he isnt after doing an interview because he is having a serious soul searching session with the team tbh.

Something has to give, the players need to do better, the manager needs to do better.

I have been thinking about the same as another poster mentioned, he has nobody beside him on the bench who has experience in these situations to guide him, there was one stage where he was talking and gesturing with his hands, Steve wasnt even paying attention and Phil just kept nodding yeah yeah.

He has nobody to guide him when he is in a dark place, its no secret I disagreed with the decision to change the entire back room team in his first season, but I am sorry to see it come home to roost like this. Its the club thats suffering. Everybody at the club needs to stick together now, the playing staff, the coaching staff and the match going fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭bassy

jose mourhino,jose mourhino,jose mourhinoooooooooooooooo
    must be laughing hes conkers off now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

I'm still willing to stand by Moyes. Imagine if Keane was around to deal with Cleverley (Mr. Invisible). He is Championship standard and that literally can't be argued with, it's fact. Valencia, Evra, Giggs, Welbeck etc. are just simply not enough. I think many of the players out there are a disgrace to the jersey, contrast their attitudes to other top sportsman like Ronan O'Gara who described himself as the 'luckiest and proudest' man to wear the Munster and Irish shirt. They simply don't compare. Come on Moyes, put the foot down and ship out the dross, there is so much better out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Can't do RedCafe tbh lads, much prefer in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Things will improve as soon as Moyes regards Fletcher as being fit enough to start.

Crazy how Cleverley can continue to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

beno619 wrote: »
    Things will improve as soon as Moyes regards Fletcher as being fit enough to start.

Crazy how Cleverley can continue to play.

Moyes still thinks valencia is good enough to start, never mind putting fletcher in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

United never do things by half. Liverpool feel off gently, United are imploding just like after Busby retired. History repeating itself. Ferguson needs to disappear to start with. United need to realise that hiring someone kind of like Ferguson won't result on another 26 glorious years. Football has moved on, United are in cloud cookoo land of they think they can have another one manager like Ferguson. Chelsea have been a basket case the last few years. A basket case with a heap of managerial corpses in they're wake, as well as two European trophies. Time for United to realise they can't clone Ferguson.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

zerks wrote: »
    Even Andy Cole said, "when they used to open up teams & get in behind them",we don't do that anymore.I feel it's a mixture of tactics and a lack of quality players.Have a look at how we played with pace and intelligence compared to the turgid junk that we witness now.

Watched the really good doc the class of '92 and some of the clips really highlighted how far short the current squad is from those heights. I know it was probably United's best squad ever, but the difference is dramatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,195 ✭✭✭✭JRant

We need to buy players.

We need to get rid of the dead wood.

Some of us have been crying about this for past 3 years.

FFS if this is not wake up call we deserve to be relegated.

Agree but I think Moyes is in a lot of bother.
    A good tactician would have kept Jan playing through the middle instead of Giggs tonight.
    He really should have had Cleverley off at half time, especially for throwing his arms in the air and stropping around like a toddler when he gave the ball away which was a lot.

Moyes needs to cop on before he's shown the door.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Al Capwned wrote: »

It crashes after every defeat anyway. Going into meltdown just like RAWK.

Glazers Out!

Al Capwned wrote: »

Poll on there is at 80% for him to stay.

On the subject of Cleverly,how the hell did Fergie allow Pogba to leave and kept that waste of space instead?
    He really adds nothing to the team,I'm not sure who's more infuriating to watch,him or Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

zerks wrote: »
    Poll on there is at 80% for him to stay.

Thats why im not on there, full of idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Its going to take a massive change of playing style and even bigger change of the managers mindset to get out of this hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i really might stop reading about football as it just makes me feel even worse then i do watching united

I understand that Jan is positive, but by **** is he wasteful.

I assume the misquoted ****e from Vidic agent has already passed into the realms of fact by now and people will be coninved he is on his bike?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Sir Bobby Charlton shaking his head at the end of the match sums up the entire evening, and the season so far.

The performances of Giggs, Cleverley & Valencia were completely unacceptable tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Fletcher is a 'Flamini signing' for United. It was possible he'd never play again am I right?

He came on and oozed class, I don't know if that says more about Fletcher or the Carrick Cleverly partnership.

Carrick seemed to improve immediately and his confidence in Fletcher as a partner was evident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

These are dark times... action is needed ASAP. This current trend is unacceptable and Moyes is the Manager and responsible for it, no doubt about it. It's his job to get the results with the resources available, which IMO are sufficient to mount a serious challenge in all the domestic cups and the league.

Moyes looked to be out of ideas at the end of normal time, sitting in his seat rambling to himself, this worries me. That kind of attitude from any manager is hardly going to inspire anyone. He should have been on the line motivating the players through any means necessary. Fighting to the end, the United way. If he behaves like that how can he expect the players to respond to him moving forward?

Moyes is clearly feeling the pressure big time, as one would expect with the results as of late, it is his reaction to it which I am judging him on, it's not fitting with a club like Manchester United.

Of course it is not only Moyes at fault, the players have a lot to answer for also, but any sort of evaluation of the performance must first start with the leader/manager of the group involved and his own performance isn't satisfactory at all.

Moyes interview on SSN now

• Advertisement

bassy wrote: »
    jose mourhino,jose mourhino,jose mourhinoooooooooooooooo
    must be laughing hes conkers off now :)

Bet you Moyes will end up with more silverware then him come the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

What surprised me tonight was the amount of moaning done by players today, there is something wrong in the dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

1533968_712259592126215_874392432_n.jpg

Big fine coming his way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

kryogen wrote: »
    Bet you Moyes will end up with more silverware then him come the end of the season

That include the Charity league? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,653 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

whats the excuse this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

edgecutter wrote: »
    What surprised me tonight was the amount of moaning done by players today, there is something wrong in the dressing room.

It is clear that there is no leadership on the pitch, and usually that is a sign of their being little leadership off it. Most players are hiding at this point. It is clear from performances, individual and collective, that the players have not got much confidence in Moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

kryogen wrote: »

i think theyll end with the same amount Zero at the end

Headshot wrote: »

Should've been a free for United before the first goal apparently. Said United aren't just playing the opposition, they're also playing the referees.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

sky88 wrote: »
    i think theyll end with the same amount Zero at the end

Charity Shield. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

This thread is an effing jinx! Things were reasonably grand at the start of it. I vote, close it early.... Make it so.

Headshot wrote: »

Said the refs are giving the team a tough time of it

"We are having to play the refs at the moment as well as the opposition"

Said Adnan played well,praised the fans for their support.

Also said it was strong performance tonight not too far away from getting things right.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Should've been a free for United before the first goal apparently. Said United aren't just playing the opposition, they're also playing the referees.

I really don't think that we are in much of a position to complain about referees. It's all papering over the cracks anyway, the players are not performing.

Stolen from the Caf,
    I often see him described as a 'passenger'. That's probably a compliment to Tom Cleverley. He's a fare-dodger hiding in the bogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,979 ✭✭✭billyhead

I dont understand people asking for his head now. What the **** will that achieve. Who would you replace him with. Give him until the end of the season and then we will evaluate the whole situation. As has been stated numerous times we need to get rid of the dead wood and bring in some world class talent (none of this Valencia//young Felliani calibre ****e) we have signed over the years.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement