Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

1194195196197198200»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Imagine you busted your ass for 10 years and finally got that opportunity for your dream job. You`d probably think it might not go well at first,

Give Moyesey a proper chance lads. Besides, Fergie would have egg on his face if Moyes failed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

kryogen wrote: »
    Bryan Robson.................with his great managerial record, will do better then Moyes. Thats the new theory?

Did you do a little research on Klopp before deciding he was the saviour by the by?

This comes from a Klopp fan.

For a very short period he may do better than Moyes yes. Its possible. If the players aren't playing for Moyes then yes he might. The fans would accept it if it's only till the end of the season. Di Matteo did a fine job and he had no better a record than Robson.

What research do I need to do on Klopp? Oh and by the by I don't claim to know it all like yourself so as usual when you jump down people's throats it would be nice if you read posts. I said I'm not saying this should or will happen but it's most likely imo IF HE GOT SACKED. That includes the club going for Klopp. I've no qualified opinion to appoint a Manchester United manager. I'm just guessing. Like all of us.

Is that alright? I accept all apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

It was a simple question with no hidden agenda.

You dont wanna answer it thats fine too.

Isn't the answer easy? He either isn't sought after the clubs he'd like to work for, or isn't interested in going back into football yet. It's not that I didn't want to answer, I didn't do a "he's dodged the question".
    From watching some of Uniteds training it is pretty clear that RM had the biggest control over training methods and game planning, particularly offensively.

Right so you're watching the training and judging it, as was everyone else who had a go at him. I believe you that you've watched the odd session. Even if your assessment, and your family's, and the crew on here that slated him is true there's surely more to it than training sessions to judge him on?

As a decent poster I admire your opinion, even on this, but what really gets to me is people coming in with their "personal experiences" to judge a situation or comment on an event/scenario. Not targeting this at you but a certain poster commented on the Morrison situation saying "i've heard things that could prevent him coming back to Manchester" or something to that effect. It was worded like it was inside knowledge. When I asked what exactly these things were, it was exactly the information everyone that's half into football knew already (hanging with the wrong crew, crime etc). I'm like why the fúck word it like you've the inside knowledge? Why big yourself to know shít others don't?

I'm probably gone off the topic a bit there but to put it this way if that poster had said he'd watched the training sessions like you did I'd be like "lets play a game of feck off and you can go first mate" :)

I believe you :D
    I agree with you there was no real proof either way

Cheers. I hear what your saying but surely he gets waaaaaaaay too much slating unfairly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It's very unfair to criticise Moyes for not completely overhauling the squad in the first 2-3 months working with them, it's only after a few months that you'll get to know who will and won't fit into plans and then the window shuts. Also like it or not but January is a difficult month to try and bring in the ideal transfer targets. I would agree that a top quality midfielder probably should have been signed along with Fellaini in the summer but it didn't happen. If however come the end of this coming summer and nothing much is done then I would be concerned.

Woodward and Moyes replacing both Gill and Fergie at the same time was an absolute blow. It's a pity their departures couldn't have been staggered with Gill staying on for another year while Moyes was bedding in. Of course I didn't expect things to have gotten this forlorn so fast but patience is needed. Even if it's a painful and humbling experience in the short-term.

One or two additions in the next few weeks are needed even to paper over the cracks but I fully believe the summer is the right time to the bulk of the business. That's not to say I wouldn't be over the moon to break the bank today and sign a new midfield because I would. Moyes is stuck between a rock and a hard place just now.

Not sure why everyone is saying that. We don't major changes, all we need is a 2 very good CMs.
    De Gea

Rafael Evans Smalling/Jones Evra

Carrick Fellaini

Nani Rooney Januzaj

RVP

All we need is 2 very good CMs and at least some good coaches (it's Moyes fault). Lack of off the ball movement and playing not playing as a team is something Moyes should be blamed for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I fail to see how the addition of new players will make much of a difference, Moyes is not getting the best from the current bunch and the players are not responding. Its that simple! They are not moving the ball well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

god all mighty lads last few days have heard mention of sacking moyes and giving the job to giggs, scholes and now robson til the end of the season. say what ye want but i would rather stick with moyes at this point til the end of the season and let him try and turn it around than to try a short fix manager. theres no point in it and your not gonna get in a top manager right now. swapping manager is not suddenly going to give the players getting older new legs, turn average players into world class the problem stems a lot deeper than moyes and is gonna take longer to turn around. our best hope for the remainder of the season is that we get rooney and rvp playing as often as possible if not playing both in every game then at least one starting with the other on the bench
    bullvine wrote: »
    I fail to see how the addition of new players will make much of a difference, Moyes is not getting the best from the current bunch and the players are not responding. Its that simple! They are not moving the ball well enough.

a new player coming in could raise the entire club look at the affect ozil had on arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

not buying this bollox that moyes hasn't had time to overhaul the side.

the squad's obviously got holes and needs addressing but there is no way it is acceptable what he has done with the players already at the club. No way.

it's another excuse that will be found out in time, except this one will be a very expensive lesson.

whoever comes in after moyes in 18 mths or 3 years is going to have to replace the players he's bought.

nobody is going to want fellaini at united.

moyes is a disaster who can't even try to play decent football. At least if the style was a work in progress you could take some solace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

GSPfan wrote: »
    What research do I need to do on Klopp?

I posted this last week and I like Klopp too!!!
    Out of interest I had a look back at Jurgen Klopps managerial record there this morning (as he is an alternative you regularly hear).

Since I don't specifically follow the Bundesliga or play Football manager I was interested to read that he spent 8 years at Mainz and even got relegated and then resigned when he failed to get promoted.
    A struggling Dortmund took a punt on him, it took him 3 seasons to get them to that all conquering season they had a couple of years back.

They are also 12 points behind Bayern in the league after less games than us.

Also, Moyes being investigated by the FA is perfect, it's exactly what we need, it's what Fergie used to do, what Mourinho does, what Wenger does...deflect attention, take the flak and create a seige mentality...the players need to respond to this "are ye with me, lads" from Moyes.

Re. transfers. Ordinarily I prefer young players of potential but we need a big name Moyes signing to grab the team by the scruff of the neck and get the players playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,377 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I have no issue with Moyes being retained for the rest of this season, or beyond - as long as the following happens:

1. Some moves are made (and completed) to address glaring weaknesses in the squad.
    2. Moyes adjusts his tactics beyond 'Get it wide and hoof it in'.
    3. Performances improve.

Right now, for me Moyes needs to start acting to prove he is the right man for United - at the moment all his supporters have to go on is blind faith.

• Advertisement

magnumbud wrote: »
    god all mighty lads last few days have heard mention of sacking moyes and giving the job to giggs, scholes and now robson til the end of the season. say what ye want but i would rather stick with moyes at this point til the end of the season and let him try and turn it around than to try a short fix manager. theres no point in it and your not gonna get in a top manager right now. swapping manager is not suddenly going to give the players getting older new legs, turn average players into world class the problem stems a lot deeper than moyes and is gonna take longer to turn around. our best hope for the remainder of the season is that we get rooney and rvp playing as often as possible if not playing both in every game then at least one starting with the other on the bench

There's not many calling for him to be sacked. And any names mentioned are short term stop gap solutions IF he was sacked (which he won't be).

People wanting him sacked now in fairness never wanted him appointed so it's not like there's been a massive swing of opinion.

Sky Sports News ✔ @SkySportsNews
    Cardiff sign Magnus Wolff Eikrem from Heerenveen

Would be interesting to watch how he does in PL.

I have no issue with Moyes being retained for the rest of this season, or beyond - as long as the following happens:

1. Some moves are made (and completed) to address glaring weaknesses in the squad.
    2. Moyes adjusts his tactics beyond 'Get it wide and hoof it in'.
    3. Performances improve.

Right now, for me Moyes needs to start acting to prove he is the right man for United - at the moment all his supporters have to go on is blind faith.

Number 3 may happen before the Summer but doubt number 1 or 2 will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I always quite liked him in the reserves, was shocked when he decided to go. Hopefully he proves me right that he is going to be a very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It's very unfair to criticise Moyes for not completely overhauling the squad in the first 2-3 months working with them

Nobody has said he should have completely overhauled the squad in his first 2 months, you just made that up.

However, even pygmy tribes from the Amazon rainforest that had just come into contact with civilization knew that we had a gaping hole in our central midfield. Its very fair indeed to criticise David Moyes for not taking steps to fix that issue, and no, the farce that was the Felliani transfer was not near enough in that regard.

Moyes royally ****ed up the summer transfer window, and his current struggles are the consequence of him doing so.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Not sure why everyone is saying that. We don't major changes, all we need is a 2 very good CMs.
    De Gea

Rafael Evans Smalling/Jones Evra

Carrick Fellaini

Nani Rooney Januzaj

RVP

All we need is 2 very good CMs and at least some good coaches (it's Moyes fault). Lack of off the ball movement and playing not playing as a team is something Moyes should be blamed for.

the game is about more than the first 11. taking your 11 above rafa has been out most of the season no proper backup, smalling and jones have great potential but are not the finished article, evra has lost it and will likely go to france in the summer, nani has not been at his best for nearly 2 years now and has been out a hell of a lot, carrick is no spring chicken and rvp has been injured. if we could play that 11 ever game we probably wouldnt been in the position we are now but we barely have ever had the chance to.

in the next 6 months we need a replacement for evra and possibly backup for that person(not sold on buttner), competition and backup for CM, attacking mids who will actually chip in with more goals than young, valencia and nani have which has been awful for 2 years now and backup for rafael. and actually finally lets not forget getting rooney to sign a contract.

• Advertisement

Number 3 may happen before the Summer but doubt number 1 or 2 will.

If that is the case, I'll want shot of him in the summer if he has not got 4th place - as he will have done nothing to try get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Meh performance last night...we were good for a draw.

Carrick being back is a massive plus, while he's no xavi he offers a hell of alot more than we've had, match practise now for him. Fletcher being involved too is a plus. Having the 2 of them available and Fellaini getting fit and on form with Rooney playing as he has done in that no.10 role would give us a chance against anyone in the worst case scenario of us not adding to central midfield this month.

I've been a harsh critic of Evra here but he was decent last night, I'd still get rid though, I reckon he could have the potential to be toxic in the dressing room as he has form in this area.

I agree with everything said about Cleverly, he was cack...squad player.

Januzaj is a star...I saw someone go on about his wastefulness...I say let him off, all part of his development, remember Ronaldo early doors?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Nobody has said he should have completely overhauled the squad in his first 2 months, you just made that up.

However, even pygmy tribes from the Amazon rainforest that had just come into contact with civilization knew that we had a gaping hole in our central midfield. Its very fair indeed to criticise David Moyes for not taking steps to fix that issue, and no, the farce that was the Felliani transfer was not near enough in that regard.

Moyes royally ****ed up the summer transfer window, and his current struggles are the consequence of him doing so.

I think Woodward's cluelessness was a huge factor as opposed to Moyes getting the whole blame.

If that is the case, I'll want shot of him in the summer if he has not got 4th place - as he will have done nothing to try get it.

Thats exactly my stance too. 4th place is everything. Its that or the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What happened to him?
    Was great on pre season tours, when he went out on loan to two different clubs... a box to box midfielder almost, with an eye for goal.

I saw him play against Spurs live in a 3-0 win about 3 seasons ago, he was great. Passing, movement, energy etc
    He was up against Livermore in midfield though who looked awful and gave up after about 60/70mins. Huddlestone came on and was anonymous. Van der Vaart also played and my Dad asked me why were we ever linked with him!

After that I was a little excited. Even Anderson looked solid in CM. I felt there was a slight chance we were looking at the next Scholes-Keane (although different players) or as close as we had in 5 years. Carrick and Fletch there to back them up, on paper it looked solid.

I see him now, the odd long field pass the pulls off, the odd decent cross...that's it really. He passes then moves, but the movement is awful. Its like he wants to look likes he's involved but doesn't really want the ball.

He was caught for pace and was very clumbsy for the pen last night. A harmless pen but one nonetheless.

Potential was there...

• Advertisement

There's not many calling for him to be sacked. And any names mentioned are short term stop gap solutions IF he was sacked (which he won't be).

People wanting him sacked now in fairness never wanted him appointed so it's not like there's been a massive swing of opinion.

oh i realise this but my point is the stop gaps wont solve anything 2 lads who have never managed and 1 who hasnt managed in god knows how long and was never that successful are not gonna help matters in fact IMO its just gonna make things worse

Thats exactly my stance too. 4th place is everything. Its that or the door.

If he got a couple of players in, and we saw a change in team play (as a result of better players) and a real push for the top 4 that just fell short, I would give him more time.

But I need him to give me SOMETHING, ANYTHING to latch a bit of hope on it. Right now I see absolutely nothing progressive or progressing in anything we see on the pitch - it is going backwards at a rate of knots really.

Trilla wrote: »
    What happened to him?
    Was great on pre season tours, when he went out on loan to two different clubs... a box to box midfielder almost, with an eye for goal.

I saw him play against Spurs live in a 3-0 win about 3 seasons ago, he was great. Passing, movement, energy etc
    He was up against Livermore in midfield though who looked awful and gave up after about 60/70mins. Huddlestone came on and was anonymous. Van der Vaart also played and my Dad asked me why were we ever linked with him!

After that I was a little excited. Even Anderson looked solid in CM. I felt there was a slight chance we were looking at the next Scholes-Keane (although different players) or as close as we had in 5 years. Carrick and Fletch there to back them up, on paper it looked solid.

I see him now, the odd long field pass the pulls off, the odd decent cross...that's it really. He passes then moves, but the movement is awful. Its like he wants to look likes he's involved but doesn't really want the ball.

He was caught for pace and was very clumbsy for the pen last night. A harmless pen but one nonetheless.

Potential was there...

I think Moyes is tactically constraining the players a bit - but I also think he is playing with no confidence in himself at all, and right now is knackered from playing too much.

I don't think he will be world class, but I do think he is significantly better than what we are seeing at the moment.

how bought liverpool finish 4th and we do what they(and chelsea) did and finish 5th or 6th focusing fully on the CL and win it and by doing so take liverpools CL spot :D i'd take finishing outside the top 4 for that :D

Nemanrio wrote: »
    I think Woodward's cluelessness was a huge factor as opposed to Moyes getting the whole blame.

Big factor, but....

1. Moyes took far too long to make decisions on players - both incoming and sales. This 'giving everyone a chance' line is bollox imo.
    2. Once moves were being made, Moyes should have been pushing everything quicker. waiting weeks between bids was fecking stupid, and while Woodward is ultimately responsible for putting in the bids, Moyes should have been more demanding himself.

Moyes, imo, was far too passive in the summer - and is still far too passive now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

I put most of the mess down to a complete lack of leadership on the pitch and lack of tactics of any kind. This is partially the players fault but the origins of the problem has to come from the training ground. United should have insisted that the backroom team and assistant manager stayed with Moyes for 2-3 years. Absolute clowns to have that knowledge walk right out the door. it wouldn't happen in a regular business. Jimmy Lumsden? Chris Woods? Phil Neville? Who the **** are they in management terms?

United usually develop patterns of play that you see over and over again which results in a lot of chances. we are not seeing any kind of offensive tactics at all. CB have no options with the ball at their feet, Midfielders are passing the ball backwards, Wingers are not taking players on and we never get in behind teams. we are not gambling in our play at all. Defensively we have no pace at centre half which makes us have to play deeper, even at OT and we concede a lot of chances from all sides both from wide positions and through the middle. We don't have the legs in the team to press high up the pitch. We do so for around 20 minutes of a match and then we fade out.

Our back four should play at the half way line or just behind it at old trafford and push the full backs on to their wingers and removing the chance of the other team doubling up on our wingers (which by the way has happened regularly since barca did it to us at wembley). I'm sure its happened before that as well but it was the first time i saw our wide play completely shut out.

When a CB gets the ball he should have 2-3 options to pass the ball out of defence.

When CM gets the ball they seem isolated, same goes for CF. we don't get in and around the ball where we can do a small 5-10 yard pass, instead it gets hoofed back to the full backs and the other teams get the chance to reshape.

The dire play comes from having a lot of players who are simply over the hill playing in key positions. Rio and to a lesser extent Vidic at the back and then giggs in the middle.

We need a new CB, LB and 2 new central midfielders to steady the ship. all of these players need to be able to get around the park and be athletic.
    We also need to do what united do best and start trusting in youth again. . I'd love if United were unpredictable again. I wouldn't mind a couple of seasons of adjustment in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

master-t wrote: »
    In fairness, he's 32.....form and fitness has been extremely questionable over the last 2 to 3 seasons......and only 2 days ago people were saying they see him and Rio being let go - Some said they hoped Vida got a 12 month contract extension. He is a leader and fan favourite. But to describe him leaving as an 'exodus' is a bit extreme?

The beginning of an exodus. He's the club captain and his agent is making these noises already. It's a bad omen for the imminent departures of other key players.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

I put most of the mess down to a complete lack of leadership on the pitch and lack of tactics of any kind. This is partially the players fault but the origins of the problem has to come from the training ground. United should have insisted that the backroom team and assistant manager stayed with Moyes for 2-3 years. Absolute clowns to have that knowledge walk right out the door. it wouldn't happen in a regular business. Jimmy Lumsden? Chris Woods? Phil Neville? Who the **** are they in management terms?

United usually develop patterns of play that you see over and over again which results in a lot of chances. we are not seeing any kind of offensive tactics at all. CB have no options with the ball at their feet, Midfielders are passing the ball backwards, Wingers are not taking players on and we never get in behind teams. we are not gambling in our play at all. Defensively we have no pace at centre half which makes us have to play deeper, even at OT and we concede a lot of chances from all sides both from wide positions and through the middle. We don't have the legs in the team to press high up the pitch. We do so for around 20 minutes of a match and then we fade out.

Our back four should play at the half way line or just behind it at old trafford and push the full backs on to their wingers and removing the chance of the other team doubling up on our wingers (which by the way has happened regularly since barca did it to us at wembley). I'm sure its happened before that as well but it was the first time i saw our wide play completely shut out.

When a CB gets the ball he should have 2-3 options to pass the ball out of defence.

When CM gets the ball they seem isolated, same goes for CF. we don't get in and around the ball where we can do a small 5-10 yard pass, instead it gets hoofed back to the full backs and the other teams get the chance to reshape.

The dire play comes from having a lot of players who are simply over the hill playing in key positions. Rio and to a lesser extent Vidic at the back and then giggs in the middle.

We need a new CB, LB and 2 new central midfielders to steady the ship. all of these players need to be able to get around the park and be athletic.
    We also need to do what united do best and start trusting in youth again. . I'd love if United were unpredictable again. I wouldn't mind a couple of seasons of adjustment in that case.

GOOD POST....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

As Man Utd fans would any of you be happy to sit out CL and Europa League in order to allow Moyes build his own team? Or is 4th place the bare minimum?

Also, genuine question ... Does anyone think that perhaps SAF didn't have access to funds during the previous transfer windows, and this was the reason behind a lack of big name signings in previous years?

magnumbud wrote: »
    the game is about more than the first 11. taking your 11 above rafa has been out most of the season no proper backup, smalling and jones have great potential but are not the finished article, evra has lost it and will likely go to france in the summer, nani has not been at his best for nearly 2 years now and has been out a hell of a lot, carrick is no spring chicken and rvp has been injured. if we could play that 11 ever game we probably wouldnt been in the position we are now but we barely have ever had the chance to.

in the next 6 months we need a replacement for evra and possibly backup for that person(not sold on buttner), competition and backup for CM, attacking mids who will actually chip in with more goals than young, valencia and nani have which has been awful for 2 years now and backup for rafael. and actually finally lets not forget getting rooney to sign a contract.

I just mentioned first team. We have Fabio, Vidic, Jones, Buttner, Carrick, Fellani (had he signed 2 CMs), Hernandez, Welbeck, Kagawa as back ups. Valencia and Young are also good enough squad players. It's not like he was handed league 1 squad, it was the team that won league so easily and then all he had to do was to sign 2 good CMs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Trilla wrote: »
    What happened to him?

Potential was there...

Begs the question. Is it all down to Moyes here? Are we being too hard on him? Or has he really declined?

Myself, I think its bit of both.

tigger123 wrote: »
    As Man Utd fans would any of you be happy to sit out CL and Europa League in order to allow Moyes build his own team? Or is 4th place the bare minimum?

Also, genuine question ... Does anyone think that perhaps SAF didn't have access to funds during the previous transfer windows, and this was the reason behind a lack of big name signings in previous years?

Interesting question one raised here few times in past.

He did buy players like Young and Jones for decent Money.

I dont know f kitty was as big as some of us would have hoped but still think money was wasted.

Bebe 7 million was it?

Added into the fact we have kept lot of dead wood whose wages combined would be high enough.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I just mentioned first team. We have Fabio, Vidic, Jones, Buttner, Carrick, Fellani (had he signed 2 CMs), Hernandez, Welbeck, Kagawa as back ups. Valencia and Young are also good enough squad players. It's not like he was handed league 1 squad, it was the team that won league so easily and then all he had to do was to sign 2 good CMs.

the players i have highlighted are not good enough IMO. sure they won the league but could you honestly say this is a good team. the problems go far far beyond just 2 CM. as i said our wide players have not been doing it for nearly 2 years i would find it hard to believe if in that time they were involved in more than 15 goals combined which is not good enough, again evra is likely to leave and buttner is not good enough defensively for us. welbeck is still up in the air he shows sparks but its getting to the point he needs to set the league on fire or ship out and kagawa while i believe is a great player is not a winger has rooney ahead of him in the no 10 position and i would say has not shown enough at united to warrent changing our system to suit him

Should get rid of Kagawa, i think Januzzi looks a better number 10 than him and will grow into the role.

There is definitely financial constraints on the club. Not so much now. Ferguson and Gill laughed it off at its worst but they were smart enough to sell the lie to everyone because the truth would help no one. And in fairness they got away with in amazingly well. A successful team on a tight budget. Hats off to them.

I reckon Moyes is in on it now too. I think that's a major reason why he was brought in and why he is in no danger at the minute. They trust him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

tigger123 wrote: »

The problem then becomes what type of team can Moyes build without the attraction of CL football to lure in players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

There is definitely financial constraints on the club. Not so much now. Ferguson and Gill laughed it off at its worst but they were smart enough to sell the lie to everyone because the truth would help no one. And in fairness they got away with in amazingly well. A successful team on a tight budget. Hats off to them.

I reckon Moyes is in on it now too. I think that's a major reason why he was brought in and why he is in no danger at the minute. They trust him.

That's an interesting point actually, I never thought of that, that his reputation for overachieving on a small budget helped get him th job. Makes sense tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Working hard all day so have barely been online. Two questions?

1. Have we signed anyone?
    2. Is Moyes still our manager?

Should get rid of Kagawa, i think Januzzi looks a better number 10 than him and will grow into the role.

Sadly yes. I was even imagining life without Rooney last night watching the game and thought the same thing. If Rooney does walk away in a year and a half then hopefully Januzaj is ready for his role.

• Advertisement

The problem then becomes what type of team can Moyes build without the attraction of CL football to lure in players.

this goes hand in hand with the other question being asked in here right now is does the club have and/or will the glaziers make enough money available. city, spurs and chelsea signed great players before having CL so its possible but will require more. we may have to outbid clubs and offer better wages to get players already at CL teams to come to us. its great to say players want to play for united cause of its name and size but the game is so much about money these days that finding these type of players is increasingly harder

I feel for Kagawa but even in limited opportunities he just hasnt done anything to justify keeping him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

OOOOOH new thread soon :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Begs the question. Is it all down to Moyes here? Are we being too hard on him? Or has he really declined?

Myself, I think its bit of both.

Probably a bit of both, but his best form was him playing at his max imo.

I dont see much more progression but would like to see him get back to how he was playing at the beginning of last season.

I feel for Kagawa but even in limited opportunities he just hasnt done anything to justify keeping him.

He sells out pre season tours! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

waiting weeks between bids was fecking stupid, .

This did strike me as particularly stupid.
    While chasing Fabregas (who they were never more than 50/50 to actually end up getting), they should have been chasing other deals.

But it seems that they then turned their attentions elsehwhere on the very last day so naturally ended up with nobody.

Would have thought they'd have learned the lesson and been lining up January arrival in November & December.
    Ideally having deals actually done, just needing to dot the i's and cross the t's on Jan 1.

• Advertisement

Working hard all day so have barely been online. Two questions?

1. Have we signed anyone?No
    2. Is Moyes still our manager? Yes

Bet you hoped it was other way around:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

I am sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Sadly yes. I was even imagining life without Rooney last night watching the game and thought the same thing. If Rooney does walk away in a year and a half then hopefully Januzaj is ready for his role.

If anything Rooney leaving will be all the more reason to keep Kagawa around, Id rather have Jan out wide for now.

Jan - Kagawa - Nani

That midfield could excite :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Odds cut for Gundogan to sign for us this window, down to 2/1. Along with Koke odds going down this morning, fingers crossed for some good news in whats being a rather dreary few weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

10K new thread on the way.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement