Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Rooney 4 assists tonight could have sworn i heard people saying he lacks creativity. The man is a genius.

Incisive analysis yo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Which was better - pass or the finish?

874811.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Rooney excellent tonight up front, Kagawa's link up play and movement excellent and exactly what we've been missing.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Rooney 4 assists tonight could have sworn i heard people saying he lacks creativity. The man is a genius.

2 crosses (which nobody doubts him on and why he's allowed take set pieces) and 2 shots that others converted.

Your post does nothing to counter that his general creativity for others is below par for a number 10 and has been evident this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

No coincidence that That Utd play well with Kagawa more involved centrally,Rio has been superb over the years but if he winds up playing in knockout stages or tough league games from now on we are f***ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Dare I say it, Phil Jones must be first name down in CM. We have played quite well when he plays there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

That was very unexpected!

I thought Giggs, Kagawa and Rooney were exceptional. Particularly Rooney.

Nani offered decent threat.

Also thought Evans and DDG did very well when called upon.

Hopefully Moyes sees the potential of playing Kagawa, Nani and Rooney together. The movement and passing between them was very fluid and unpredictable which is something we've lacked all season.

Leverkusen were awful in fairness but still, that Utd performance can only be seen as very positive.

Pressure off DM after that poor Cardiff result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Which was better - pass or the finish?

874811.gif

Chest control :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We actually had movement and players interchanging tonight,just goes to show how effective we are when we do it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

edgecutter wrote: »
    Dare I say it, Phil Jones must be first name down in CM. We have played quite well when he plays there.

He plays best with Giggs to be honest.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

While I was probably one of Nani's biggest critics in years gone by, I can't deny I was happy to see his name on the teamsheet tonight. While he may waste a lot of chances, at least he tries. I could never imagine Young, Val or Welbeck taking that shot at the end and scoring.

For the first time in quite a while, I actually enjoyed watching United tonight. I hope Moyes takes notice; Kagawa in the hole, Nani on the wing and Rooney up front and we absolutely dominated a team who are preforming incredibly well in German.

• Advertisement

Who needs RVP....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

stunning performance, one of the most pleasing in a long long time. Giggs proving us all wrong yet again, he was MOM, absolutely superb.

Rooney 4 assists, kagawa had his best game for us in ages, Valencias best game in 2 years, nani really good - those 5 were excellent for us.

Yeah, just you ignore the fact that he and the team looked completely different with Rooney not as the number 10, but instead up front in his best position. Complete coincidence I am sure.

is our football suffering because of RVP like it was when RVN was up top?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Who needs RVP....

lol careful now

The boys on RTE debating what we've been saying for ages.

Giggs proving us all wrong yet again

Speak for yourself!

zerks wrote: »
    The boys on RTE debating what we've been saying for ages.

which is what!?
    DM-ICE wrote: »
    Speak for yourself!

come off it, if 100 United fans were asked to pick their best 11, perhaps even their best 18 about 3 hours ago, very few would have included Giggs.

Bender was absolute awful wasnt he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Just listening to the guys on RTE. Sounds depressing, did Utd lose by much?.

magnumbud wrote: »
    lol careful now

I hope it's clear to everyone that I was joking

which is what!?

We still need a decent creative midfielder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

which is what!?

that we need a world class creative midfielder.

Nolars wrote: »
    that we need a world class creative midfielder.

we found one tonight, young lad from Wales wearing 11. Looks promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Stat of the night:
    OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 10m
    25 - Antonio Valencia has yet to lose when he has scored for an English club in all comps (Wigan, Man Utd), winning 24 and drawing one. Run.

11 games unbeaten now i think that is....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Great team display and lots of counter attacking football tonight.

Rooney and Kagawa were great and will get a lot of plaudits, as will Nani's display but Jones and Giggs were great in MF.

Giggs passing with his and Jones defensive work was great, the MF was more creative tonight than it has been all season which is good and sad when you think about it.

Not only were Kagawa's passing and link up play good but his quick feet almost got him out of tight spaces until he was fouled, he won us a lot of free kicks and one resulted the second goal.

The only negative was me having UTD to win 4 nil at 100/1 and then Nani pops up to make it five. He is dead to me now :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Yeah, just you ignore the fact that he and the team looked completely different with Rooney not as the number 10, but instead up front in his best position. Complete coincidence I am sure.

Where did i say anything about what position he was playing or the team. People were saying earlier he lacks creativity which is laughable. I thought Kagawa linked up very well with Rooney and i hope to see more of Kagawa behind Rooney or RVP. Their are plenty of the games hope Moyes rotates Rooney and RVP. For now i hope Rooney starts up front with Kagawa behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

I don't know what people expect of Giggs. He played good in the majority of games of last season, and has played well in most of the games he has played this season.

He is so underrated in here it is not even funny.

Pop quiz,this our 2nd biggest away win in Europe,who was our biggest away win against?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Pop quiz,this our 2nd biggest away win in Europe,who was our biggest away win against?

Shamrock Rovers in 1957.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Lads on RTE talking some sh1te, is Ferguson a directer at United? Thought he was only an ambassador

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Brondby 6-1?

edit: Sorry that was 6-2

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Brondby 6-1?

edit: Sorry that was 6-2

Irish94 was correct,we beat Shamrock Rovers 6-0.

We now have the record amount of away wins in the UCL with 40. Sweet.

nuxxx wrote: »
    Lads on RTE talking some sh1te, is Ferguson a directer at United? Thought he was only an ambassador

Both?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

nuxxx wrote: »

Think he is a director

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I turned it off when they said Carrick wasn't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Had a good feeling before the game tonight. Put my money where my mouth was and came away with a tidy profit. Giddy up!

Great performance all round. Kagawa HAS to get a run play-a-making in Moyes' hole now, surely.

It leaves us with a difficult decision when RVP comes back, but selection headaches are ultimately a good sign. Valencia was good, but he was allowed to play by their woeful left back. Also, he only seemed to really come into the game when we were cruising. I remember one instance in the first half where he was put one on one with the LB and passed it back to midfield as usual.

Nani's finish was erotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

why is Brady sounding like miriam o'callaghan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

11 games unbeaten now i think that is....
    And people on here cant wait to get rid of Moyes. Wev topped our group [ bar a disaster ] and he has given most players a chance to prove themselves. He will see that he needs an attacking/ creative midfielder. After all its hard lines when a 40yo has given the best attacking midfield performance for us so far this season.

Great to see Jones put in another impressive performance in the middle. He may prove to be a better option than Carrick or Fellani given a few more games

Rooney and Kagawa today looked great, fantastic combination and great to see both of them playing in their best positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Keno wrote: »
    I turned it off when they said Carrick wasn't great.

I think they said he wasn't a scholes or fabregas.

• Advertisement

come off it, if 100 United fans were asked to pick their best 11, perhaps even their best 18 about 3 hours ago, very few would have included Giggs.

I would have, said yesterday I would have him in if RVP is out and said he was the best option before the game. Which is why I said speak for yourself in this case. You are right to say most wouldn't have agreed

Robson99 wrote: »
    And people on here cant wait to get rid of Moyes. Wev topped our group [ bar a disaster ] and he has given most players a chance to prove themselves. He will see that he needs an attacking/ creative midfielder. After all its hard lines when a 40yo has given the best attacking midfield performance for us so far this season.

Great to see Jones put in another impressive performance in the middle. He may prove to be a better option than Carrick or Fellani given a few more games

And only for two late league goals we would be in 2nd. Lets hope this is a corner turned and we are back to business. Tough away game on Sunday though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The only negative was me having UTD to win 4 nil at 100/1 and then Nani pops up to make it five. He is dead to me now :mad:

Pics or we won't believe you...:):)
    Nolars wrote: »
    I think they said he wasn't a scholes or fabregas.

Christ they were so annoying. Had to turn the tv on mute pretty soon after the carrick debate. It was worse than me Vs Pro F on here about him!!

We better play like that against Spurs, surely Rooney and Kagawa did enough tonight to be the first names on the team sheet in the positions they played tonight.

GSPfan wrote: »
    Its one of those games tho where I hope people don't say "We can kick on from here" or "Its finally coming together". They've been good but Leverkusen have been awful.
    And only for two late league goals we would be in 2nd. Lets hope this is a corner turned and we are back to business. Tough away game on Sunday though.

1542-giggle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ruuuuuud
    Ruud van Nistelrooy ‏@RvN1776 1m Watched #United win at Leverkusen #0-5. Thanks to the away fans for remembering.. MeansALot. #GiggsFantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Thought we were good tonight tho I wouldn't get carried away, I thought we looked vulnerable centrally in the first half like from the point of view of our centre backs and DefMid and a better team would have created more. Evra again does not look focused.
    We improved defensively in the second half but then again they died a death.

Saying that our attacking play throughout the game was about as exciting as its been all season, really like Kagawa in that position, he brings a different dimension to our play. Rooney was top class playing as a all out striker as was to be expected.

Our setup looked very good attack wise, we've all talked a lot about doing away with wingers but its often in the context of fitting Kagawa Rooney and RVP centrally, so we have a right conundrum as tonight showed that wingers can certainly be very effective if the team is set up a certain way, ie with a deeper midfield no.10

Edit. Just one thing about Kagawa, I thought he got a few frees tonight that he may not have got in the prem and he may have even looked silly, like when he has appeared to be knocked off the ball easily a few times this season. Its a point worth making.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Pics or we won't believe you...:):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Take your charger out son, wasting electricity :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

is our football suffering because of RVP like it was when RVN was up top?

I'm hardly the best person to ask, considering how often I have stated my opinion that we never needed to buy RVP.

But no, our football is not suffering from who is up front, be it RVP or anybody else. The issue lies further back, in the number 10 slot and in the central midfield slots.

That said, I feel that RVP should not be as immune from rotation as he seems to be, it doesn't have to be Rooney and RVP every time they are fit, they are big boys, they can sit on the bench from time to time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement