Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Not sure why I landed in there ( first time!) but the Arsenal fans thread still can't get over RVP... made me smile and grimace at the same time...
    ... calling Ramsey class for not celebrating today and knocking van Persie...twats..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

RVP didnt celebrate his first goal against arsenal but the fans still gave him stick.

He showed respect which wasnt returned....why on earth wouldn't he celebrate the next time??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Just watching everton there on MOTD and i reckon we re in for a seriously tough game against them on wednesday. In midfield they re very strong with Barry , McCarthy and Barkley who didnt play today. They ve good players up front and Lukaku is a serious handful. I wouldnt be overly confident of getting a win against them. Martinez has done some job since he took over, he has them playing a lovely brand of football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

sea_monkey wrote: »
    RVP didnt celebrate his first goal against arsenal but the fans still gave him stick.

He showed respect which wasnt returned....why on earth wouldn't he celebrate the next time??

I imagine the moment his respect for them waned was right around the time they started singing that "She said no" song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I can see us dropping points in each of our next three games. Spurs away who are on the back of a hiding, Everton at home who've been brilliant this season and Newcastle at home who've won three on the spin.

Now, beat that pessimism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

9 points

J. Marston wrote: »
    I can see us dropping points in each of our next three games. Spurs away who are on the back of a hiding, Everton at home who've been brilliant this season and Newcastle at home who've won three on the spin.

Unfortunately i think you re right

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Reckon tomorrow is a big day for Moyes if van Persie is fit to start.Does he bring him back straight away and move Rooney back in to 10 or does he play Kagawa at ten and one of Rooney/van Persie up top with the other on the bench?It will give us an indication on his ability to make the big decisions.

Rooney plays best up top and he has contributed to van Persie and Hernandez struggling this season in my opinion. He is playing well himself but he is not linking well with the other striker when he is playing as number ten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

that doesn't even begin to compete with some of the pessimism of the last few months! as rayne wooney said - 9 points

F.J. wrote: »
    Reckon tomorrow is a big day for Moyes if van Persie is fit to start.Does he bring him back straight away and move Rooney back in to 10 or does he play Kagawa at ten and one of Rooney/van Persie up top with the other on the bench?It will give us an indication on his ability to make the big decisions.

Rooney plays best up top and he has contributed to van Persie and Hernandez struggling this season in my opinion. He is playing well himself but he is not linking well with the other striker when he is playing as number ten.

De Gea

Smalling
    Ferdinand
    Evans
    Evra

Valencia
    Fellaini
    Cleverley
    Januzaj

Rooney
    Van Persie

We all know that's going to be the team. Kagawa or Nani won't get a sniff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

De Gea

Smalling
    Ferdinand
    Evans
    Evra

Valencia
    Fellaini
    Cleverley
    Januzaj

Rooney
    Van Persie

We all know that's going to be the team. Kagawa or Nani won't get a sniff.

Vidic and Rafael are ok to play i think. I reckon RVP might be on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

F.J. wrote: »

My philosophy is that you should not change a winning team when possible. It helps build consistency and also let's the players know that if they perform well they'll continue to get their chance. That in turn should push the players who aren't getting game time on in training and create a good selection headache for the manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Danye wrote: »
    My philosophy is that you should not change a winning team when possible. It helps build consistency and also let's the players know that if they perform well they'll continue to get their chance. That in turn should push the players who aren't getting game time on in training and create a good selection headache for the manager.

Yeah but the team that put in the best performance all year (and potentially the best/2nd best player of that lot was a 40 year old Ryan Giggs at CM) I can't see many condoning keeping Giggsy in CM for the game tomorrow :P Changes will have to be made unfortunately. However, personally, I'd take Giggs over Cleverly as a creative central midfielder any day of the week. Can't see Nani getting a game tomorrow until the 78th minute when we're 2-0 down.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Yeah but the team that put in the best performance all year (and potentially the best/2nd best player of that lot was a 40 year old Ryan Giggs at CM) I can't see many condoning keeping Giggsy in CM for the game tomorrow :P Changes will have to be made unfortunately. However, personally, I'd take Giggs over Cleverly as a creative central midfielder any day of the week. Can't see Nani getting a game tomorrow until the 78th minute when we're 2-0 down.

Yeah I should of said that in my original post. It might be too much to ask Giggs to play in 2 games in a week but you never know? :) If Moyes was to change it then that's the only change he should make. Swap Giggs for Anderson.

I've been one of Nani's biggest critics in here but he deserves to be starting after his midweek performance.

Even if he had a 'mare during the week and as one of his biggest critics I would still be looking for him to start. The other options are awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Danye wrote: »
    I've been one of Nani's biggest critics in here but he deserves to be starting after his midweek performance.

He wasn't that great midweek to be fair. Took his goal well but there was better performances than him in a red shirt and Bayer were absolute muck.

I'm a Nani fan, frustrating at times but I like him... don't think he did that great v Bayer though.

Trilla wrote: »
    He wasn't that great midweek to be fair. Took his goal well but there was better performances than him in a red shirt and Bayer were absolute muck.

I'm a Nani fan, frustrating at times but I like him... don't think he did that great v Bayer though.

Your probably right. I just got overly excited.

Plus he's better than anything we've seen on the flanks in quite some time so I was probably using that as a barometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not sure why I landed in there ( first time!) but the Arsenal fans thread still can't get over RVP... made me smile and grimace at the same time...
    ... calling Ramsey class for not celebrating today and knocking van Persie...twats..

Cardiff fans were class to Ramsey, shame same can't be said about Arsenal fans to RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

United draw no bet at 4/6 ALL over that

Id be confident today if kagawa is.playing in the hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

United draw no bet at 4/6 ALL over that

Id be confident today if kagawa is.playing in the hole
    That's a big IF though.....Kagawa played well during week so surely he will be dropped!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Glass half full opinion maybe, but there's gonna be heads down in Spurs dressing room after last weekend, and our lads bound to be on a high after midweek.

I'm more hopeful than optimistic, but looking forward to it all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Im gonna be on a train when match is on gonna try stream but anyone know of any radio stations that will have live commentary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

United team is out:

United - De Gea; Smalling, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Jones, Kagawa, Welbeck; Rooney.
    Subs: Lindegaard, Rafael, Anderson, Fellaini, Nani, Young, Hernandez

BTW,Rooney's people considering letting his contract run down as they "know what he's worth as a free agent".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

zerks wrote: »
    BTW,Rooney's people considering letting his contract run down as they "know what he's worth as a free agent".

I love these type of rumours, absolutely infallible

I'd imagine every player in the league considers running down his contract & know their value as free agents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Kagawa on the left :(

definitely be Welbeck on the left

If not Moyes has lost his mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Yep - surely be this
    ddg
    smalling vidic evans evra
    val carrick cleverley welbeck
    kagawa
    rooney

Jones instead of Carrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

sofireland wrote: »
    Im gonna be on a train when match is on gonna try stream but anyone know of any radio stations that will have live commentary

Talksport and Newstalk

See that now, phew!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Talksport and Newstalk

Cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Will take a 2-2, based on how the game turned out.

Welbeck and Cleverly need to be replaced as first teamers though IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

9 points behind arse, I think we are done for the title this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Valencia had so much ball today but can't do anything meaningful with it. I can't see why Moyes and Ferguson have both persisted with him. There must be a reason that I'm not seeing. Two managers, one of them the GOAT.

I'm not happy with a draw, Spurs where nothing special, Evra was awful yet again, Welbeck offered nothing Cleverly seems to forget players can come at him from behind, Valencia had no end product and I think it was mitch or Homer who said Kagawa hasnt showed he is good enough in the hole in the prem as he done nothing either when he played there.

It's heart breaking watching us lately:(

Moyes is killing us, slowly but surely.

20 or 30 minutes and he shíts himself and reverts to throwing Kagawa out wide. Coward. Those subs meant nothing either considering all we did was lump it up to Hernandez.

Almost forgot, another towering, all action, brave display from Cleverley in midfield too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

He should have made 3 changes after the penalty and gone for it rather than wait until 5 mins to go

We are woeful, Rooney bailing us out again

Moyes switching Welbeck up front and Kagawa LW after they scored just had me cringing

Serious strengthening needs to be done in January or I can see us finishing 5th or 6th at most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The unbeaten run talking is driving me nuts. Too many draws is killing us

Cleverly has to sit on the bench for some time. The guy is on 70-80k a week and his performances are dire. Simply not good enough.

Valencia had so much ball today but can't do anything meaningful with it. I can't see why Moyes and Ferguson have both persisted with him. There must be a reason that I'm not seeing. Two managers, one of them the GOAT.

Compared to some wingers he is very disciplined defensivley and gives great protection to the full back. He works hard to win the ball back. Maybe they want to give him plenty game time to get his.form back to that of 2012

• Advertisement

Our only way of attack after Moyes made that formation change in the first half was from Valencia's crossing and he needs at least 50 before he'll put a good ball in.

It's just so terrible and has no signs of improving whatsoever

n32 wrote: »
    Compared to some wingers he is very disciplined defensivley and gives great protection to the full back. He works hard to win the ball back. Maybe they want to give him plenty game time to get his.form back to that of 2012

We can't wait for that, we need to win games and we need to win them now. Tony was poor today, he was always in great areas but vertonghan can read the guy like a book, he is all right foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

sigh there goes the PL title, we are only going for a CL spot at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Headshot wrote: »
    sigh there goes the PL title, we are only going for a Europa spot at this stage

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Kagawa played behind the striker for about 70 mins did absolutely **** all but never gets abuse. Instead people criticize Moyes for pushing him to left side for few mins, on the other hand Welbeck worked his socks off playing out of position and won penalty but still gets the abuse. He was back from injury too.

Cleverley had average game too but Kagawa was the worst on the pitch, created absolute **** all.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Kagawa played behind the striker for about 70 mins did absolutely **** all but never gets abuse. Instead people criticize Moyes for pushing him to left side for few mins, on the other hand Welbeck worked his socks off playing out of position and won penalty but still gets the abuse. He was back from injury too.

Cleverley had average game too but Kagawa was the worst on the pitch, created absolute **** all.

What are you on about?

None of this happened in reality?

About Kagawa that is

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tbh, a draw against Spurs isn't going to be what makes us give up on the PL title...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

IvySlayer wrote: »
    He should have made 3 changes after the penalty and gone for it rather than wait until 5 mins to go

Totally agree with this.

Valencia very wasteful on the wing *surpise*. Cleverly worked hard but is lacking quality to make an impact in a game like that. Wellbeck did well to win the penalty, but showed his poor composure when he cut across Dawson. Rooney was excellent again, head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Who is going to win it then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Kagawa was useless and someone needs to spend a month teaching Valencia how to cross a ball, dire stuff.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement