Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

be nice to see Welbeck score for a change.

might lose control if he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Still waiting on a teamsheet here lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Timmyctc wrote: »

De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Smalling, Evra; Valencia, Fellaini, Giggs, Kagawa, Welbeck; Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Timmyctc wrote: »

Manchester United starting XI: De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Smalling, Evra; Valencia, Fellaini, Giggs, Kagawa, Welbeck; Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Subs: Lindegaard, Evans, Cleverley, Nani, Young, Chicharito, Januzaj

• Advertisement

Manager: David Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

"oh David Moyes is full of sh*t"

wtf Everton fans???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭supersean1999

Trilla wrote: »
    "oh David Moyes is full of sh*t"

wtf Everton fans???

Oh Dear Lord. What Clowns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Anyone hear mark lawerson on today fm? He claims RvP & Moyes have fallen out and aren't speaking and thats the reason he hasn't featured and not injury. Any legs too this lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Anyone hear mark lawerson on today fm? He claims RvP & Moyes have fallen out and aren't speaking and thats the reason he hasn't featured and not injury. Any legs too this lads?

Does he suspect or is he claiming he knows this?

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    Does he suspect or is he claiming he knows this?

Claiming "several" sources have told him this is fact

Claiming "several" sources have told him this is fact

Didn't Robbie Savage say he spoke with RVP and he said he couldn't be happier at MUFC?

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Didn't Robbie Savage say he spoke with RVP and he said he couldn't be happier at MUFC?

When?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    When?

1920:_57772619_savage.jpg
    Former Wales international Robbie Savage at Old TraffordMan Utd v Everton (1945 GMT)"I met up with Robin van Persie last weekend, and he seemed very, very happy at Old Trafford. He told me he is sidelined with a groin problem.
    "It is a huge night for Marouane Fellaini, who has been very disappointing thus far for Manchester United. Another poor display from him, and United have to buy another midfielder in January."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Can we finally admit that the club is in crisis . Moyes is clearly blatantly obviously not the man to lead this club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

L5 wrote: »
    Can we finally admit that the club is in crisis . Moyes is clearly blatantly obviously not the man to lead this club.

Can we finally admit that there are a lot of players who need to be moved on at the club and haven't been able to do anything for some period.

We were bailed out by RVP last year. This year he hasn't been the same. We had the same sh1te performances under Ferguson last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The experiment has failed. Giving the job to someone cause they were "British" and someone willing to commit for a long term has not worked out in this case.

This isn't a case of sacking a manager who is doing well but not well enough. It's not a case of wanting 1st and only getting second or third. This isn't a case of transition. This is a manager who is well over his head and not capable of doing the job that is required, or even the job that comes close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Bad result but an unfortunate one. Moyes really went for it and was very unlucky that his changes didn't pay off because we were on top for a lot straight after them. He can't be accussed of negativity tonight.

The players have to take a lot of blame here, they blew chance after chance.

Kag off was the right decision, he was not in the game at all. Raf for Nani was a bold move. Maybe Raf was not up for 90 mins Moyes felt. Val switched off for the goal. Welbeck staying on for as long as he did was a mistake though.

Very unlucky, we played well and deserved to win. Moyes will get some stick now but he was brave tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Closer to the bottom 3 than we are to the top after 14 games. ****ing pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I'm very worried. Moyes has had my backing from the start, but I just can't see where we go from here if we are to improve. Fourth spot will be well out of reach if these types of performances continue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Thread to go this way in 10...9.....8......7........

Hd4eYuN.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Fellani is as poor a signing as we've ever made. Just hasn't got the ability to grace Old Trafford. Horrible to watch him.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

L5 wrote: »

You clearly shouldn't be allowed watch football.

The squad has too many passengers atm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

implode.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I cant get behind that fool anymore, roll on the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The sooner Moyes fúcks off or is fúcked off, the better.

He's a disease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

That goal is embarrassing to watch.

A 6'4 giant turning his back on a shot/cross is depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Imagine PL champions possibly missing out on CL spot, man that is bad.

As long as he is at the club we wont be challenging for title again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Bad result but an unfortunate one. Moyes really went for it and was very unlucky that his change didn't pay off because we were on top for a lot straight after them.

The players have to take a lot of blame here, they blew chance after chance.

Kag off was the right decision, he was not in the game at all. Raf for Nani was a bold move. Maybe Raf was not up for 90 mins Moyes felt. Val switched off for the goal.

Very unlucky, we played well and deserved to win. Moyes will get some stick now but he was brave tonight.

The bit in bold....the fcuk we played well. Wasted possession and opportunities

the bit in italic completely agree with ya.

Edit: sorry forgot the whole quoted text was in italics was referring to the moyes part

So this is what it feels to be a Liverpool fan for the past decade.. jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Whatever about the result, Wellbeck was shocking tonight. I know Hernandez can't play outside the CF role but I feel bad for him being reduced to 10 min sub appearances even when RVP is out injured. The correct change would have been take Wellbeck off and keep Kagawa on the pitch imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Our lack of quality was exposed tonight. I wouldnt blame Moyes. He is working with limited players. Fellaini is a mid table player. No creativity in midfield. Valencia is so one dimensional, not an ounce of skill in his body. Kagawa cant seem to fit into the team, no settled defence. A lot of problems and a lot for Moyes to fix. I believe he can fix it however. Talk of sacking him is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

No Rooney for Saturday and Vidic picks up an injury tonight, roll on another clusterfúck of a performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

horrible display for a home side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »

At this rate, we may well miss out on the Europa League spots as well :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

People saying the club are in crisis should get a grip. Tonight was a bad result, an not an entirely fair one I feel. We played well for a lot of the second half but just couldn't score. Everton had a decent bit of luck for their goal. What has really annoyed me is how bad we played in the last ten minutes. Rooney, Giggs and Fellaini look knackered. I don't want to put too much blame on Moyes as he is relying on the players he has. Sadly a lot of our team are just not playing well and need to be held accountable for it.

So the club isn't in crisis, the team just badly needs some shaking up. The one mistake Moyes did make was signing Fellaini who doesn't look like he'll ever be good enough for us. But I think it was obvious he wasn't Moyes' first choice.

So give Moyes the January transfer window and lets see who he signs, and if he can get some performances out of our under-performing players. I said at the start of the season that top four is our realistic aim. We're off the pace for that right now but a few back to back wins and we'll be up there.

So there is no crisis and sacking the manager will no drastically improve things.

Would you blame Rooney fúcking off in January seeing the dross around him in the team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

That was an absolute nightmare. We're so far off the top teams in terms of quality it's not even funny.

Valencia at RB? Seriously? Fellaini is a million miles away from being good enough for United.

The amount of investment needed in that team is nuts.

Also, WTF were we doing dropping off to let them come at us so easily towards the end when it was 0-0. We should be pushing up and pressurising their players into making a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Headshot wrote: »

As long as he is at the club we wont be challenging for title again

I'm very much prepared to stick by him as long as we get top four and make some serious moves in the next two windows.

A lot of players need to be moved on here. We need to sign a couple of midfielders, a left back and a winger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Its painfully obvious that we are lacking in midfield.
    Fellani is looking like a worse buy than Djemba Djemba he is so out of his league in so many way. He's to direct he's not fit enough and looks to be chasing shadow's he cant tackle and can't even read the game......

Painfull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The only thing more embarrassing then our players performances thus far is the fans asking for his head.

Absolute stereotyped modern football fan. If you want to know what happens if we sack Moyes shortly, take a look at City, Chelsea and Liverpool. In the search for instant success you settle for the odd trophy. I'd prefer if we mount challenges year in year out.

I said it at the start of the year, if you thought this season was going to be smooth, you havn't a ****ing clue about football.

starting to remember why I left boards for Football365 forums, a shockingly large portion of clueless self centred "fans" who would happily settle for an odd trophy, even if it meant we turned into the laughing stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Devil08 wrote: »
    Our lack of quality was exposed tonight. I wouldnt blame Moyes. He is working with limited players. Fellaini is a mid table player. No creativity in midfield. Valencia is so one dimensional, not an ounce of skill in his body. Kagawa cant seem to fit into the team, no settled defence. A lot of problems and a lot for Moyes to fix. I believe he can fix it however. Talk of sacking him is insane.

Well then why didnt he address that problem during the summer? The world and its mother knew that Young, Giggs, Anderson, Welbeck, Cleverley and others werent good enough so why did Moyes need time to figure that out? It was apparent last season that our squad wasnt good enough. Our midfield wasnt strong enough , Moyes himself admitted this in July so why no remedy???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

think people are overreacting. We were all over Everton for the majority of the second half. One spell of pressure from Everton and the timely intervention, or lack thereof, from Antonio "I have no idea what I'm doing" Valencia and we're suddenly behind and chasing the game we were about to take control of.

Valencia and Welbeck should never get a look near the starting 11. It says a lot about our team when Giggs can come on and spray passes around better than any midfielder at the club. Nani not starting is a joke and playing Kagawa all over the park then taking him off was a stupid decision. How we can be so good in the CL and so shíte against mediocre teams in the PL is a farce. Moyes would need to learn his best 11 soon and draft up that Christmas list now. Let the offloading begin.

Red Crow wrote: »
    I'm very much prepared to stick by him as long as we get top four and make some serious moves in the next two windows.

A lot of players need to be moved on here. We need to sign a couple of midfielders, a left back and a winger.

All of that should have been done last summer.

Id say we'l be lucky to sign anyone in January that way things are going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Red Crow wrote: »

I think this is key, get in some quality in midfield and things will be alot different. Saying that though every time I see Fellaini play I have less and less confidence hes United standard

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

ElChe32 wrote: »
    So this is what it feels to be a Liverpool fan for the past decade.. jesus.

get used to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

How ****ing short minded are people in here.

It was only two seasons ago the glorious and impervious Sir Alex watched his team throw away an eight point lead in the title race and lose it. It's football, **** happens. This is the toughest job in football Moyes has walked into.

Tougher then Madrid, tougher then England in world cup year. Your following on from the most succesful manager in the modern era at argueably one of the biggest clubs in the world.

To be calling for him out before his first season ends, jesus lads it gets me seriously angry. CAn't believe the ****e I read in here on a frequent basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Devil08 wrote: »

Are u kidding me ? Have u watched the games? He has no clue what he is doing. One only has to look at the results. How could we have become so shi# in the space of the summer. Blame is with the mgr. time to go.

If we're 15+ points off the top by January and clubs like City and Chelski can offer wages higher than us..who'd join a team that is struggling to get into the top 4!?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement