Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Would you blame Rooney fúcking off in January seeing the dross around him in the team?

There's going to be a mass exodus next summer. These players aren't going to stick around for Europa League (if we're lucky) and upper mid-table battles.

Also, thanks Fergie for landing us with this complete tool. Don't care if this doesn't go down well here, but he gave the job to one of his cronies and look what's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

racso1975 wrote: »
    The bit in bold....the fcuk we played well. Wasted possession and opportunities

the bit in italic completely agree with ya.

Edit: sorry forgot the whole quoted text was in italics was referring to the moyes part

I said well not amazing, we were on top and unlucky not to get two or three, if you can't see this than i worry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I think with everything considered thats that i know things are still early but where not gonna come close this year unless the rest in front make a balls of it.

Actually think we played quite well at times tonight bloody unlucky not to score at least one we really should of took advantage in the second half when we where on top.

I dunno what more to say really where just not good enough we dont have the team currently to keep up with the top teams.

The midfield needs a total revamp and defense this season has been awful at stages.

Its worrying how fast we have gone down hill since Fergie left he really was papering over alot of major cracks in the team.

I really dont know what to think about Moyes at times i think get rid soon as soon as possible ffs but at other times i think he really needs to just make his mark on the squad before we see the best of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Devil08 wrote: »
    Our lack of quality was exposed tonight. I wouldnt blame Moyes. He is working with limited players. Fellaini is a mid table player. No creativity in midfield. Valencia is so one dimensional, not an ounce of skill in his body. Kagawa cant seem to fit into the team, no settled defence. A lot of problems and a lot for Moyes to fix. I believe he can fix it however. Talk of sacking him is insane.

Then why did he spend 28 million on him when Ozil wanted to come to United but Moyes said we didnt need him.
    Its not Moyes fault, the players arent good enough is just a ridicilous excuse he had the summer to change that and ok if they came 2nd or 3rd it would be acceptable this year but they are a shadow of the champions of last season with the SAME squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

TheDoc wrote: »
    To be calling for him out before his first season ends, jesus lads it gets me seriously angry. CAn't believe the ****e I read in here on a frequent basis.

Oh wait til you know who comes on to give his cut throat opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

If this continues we are in real real danger of missing out on top 4.

The most depressing part is we don't even look like we're in transition :(

How Welbeck stayed on till 80 mins was a disgrace. Valencia had one or two moments but he is no where near good enough to play for us anymore.

I actually thought Fellaini didn't do too badly. Ryan Giggs was abysmal. We had no sniff of creativity through the middle.

I want Moyes given a fair crack at this job but not if it means going from champions to languishing around 5th or 6th at the end of the season.

Genuinely worrying times now for Utd fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I have stuck by Moyes all along, but even I now have a doubt.

My opinion has not changed one bit on Welbeck though in last 2 seasons. A pile of ****(for United standard). Nothing less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Moyes should do the right thing and walk

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United need RVP back, imagine how United would have been with no RVP last season, in a situation similar to Moyes now. Could have done with RVP tonight.

United need to sign some players who will make a difference and who are top class.

United have a run of games in the league that they should win, good to see Rafael back.

The aim for the season is to be top 4 in the league at worst. The upcoming transfer window is going to be crucial to achieving this and United can't afford to have a joke of a transfer window like they did in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

ElChe32 wrote: »
    So this is what it feels to be a Liverpool fan for the past decade.. jesus.

Cut this sort of thing out, please.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Absolute stereotyped modern football fan. If you want to know what happens if we sack Moyes shortly, take a look at City, Chelsea and Liverpool. In the search for instant success you settle for the odd trophy. I'd prefer if we mount challenges year in year out.

This line of thinking wrecks my head.

City and Chelsea sack managers cause they want 1st and only deliver 2nd or 3rd. They sack managers who constantly have them challenging, and if we went down that route, I'd be angry too.

But Moyes isn't challenging for a top 4 spot, let alone the titles. Were stuck in 8th with little sign of things changing. The club has taken massive, major strides backwards. It's true there was going to be transitions, but this isn't a transition; it's a regression. Moyes, as manager, has taken the club backwards by several steps.

Chelsea and City also changed managers this summer, and yet they are managing to hit their strides and are 2nd and 3rd. If we were in their position right now and calling for heads to roll, I'd be right beside you but there's a very, very good reason people are seeking change, and to just slam fans for being upset that under Moyes reign, the club has regressed....that's hugely unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Just because it's a tough job does not excuse you if you are doing a bad job.

Yes it's hard, but he's not doing the basics right. Finish outside the top 4 at the end of the season, he can fcuk off quite frankly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Trilla wrote: »
    Oh wait til you know who comes on to give his cut throat opinion!

He's a ****ing muppet, and rarely has an opinion worth mentioning.

Probably come on all high and mighty saying how he told everyone so. Moron.

I just read two people saying there will be a mass exodus of our players this summer....because we will be playing Europa league football......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Agree with this post on Twitter -

"Before you call Moyes a useless twat, try and remember who the real enemies are. He's running the club with one hand tied behind his back."

What I won't stand for however, is if Moyes panders to the men above him and goes with the 'we're fine' line come January. If I'm him, I'm coming to the press and saying 'we need major investment in the next two transfer windows' - if they don't agree to give him funds.

ricero wrote: »
    Moyes should do the right thing and walk

You should do the right thing and start wearing a blue jersey...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

The only thing more embarrassing then our players performances thus far is the fans asking for his head.

Absolute stereotyped modern football fan. If you want to know what happens if we sack Moyes shortly, take a look at City, Chelsea and Liverpool. In the search for instant success you settle for the odd trophy. I'd prefer if we mount challenges year in year out.

I said it at the start of the year, if you thought this season was going to be smooth, you havn't a ****ing clue about football.

starting to remember why I left boards for Football365 forums, a shockingly large portion of clueless self centred "fans" who would happily settle for an odd trophy, even if it meant we turned into the laughing stock.
    2 european cups few fa cups and league title between them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I have stuck by Moyes all along, but even I now have a doubt.

My opinion has not changed one bit on Welbeck though in last 2 seasons. A pile of ****(for United standard). Nothing less

Yeah and the people defending him come out with "But he does a job, works hard"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

On a side point.

My omelette has been great tonight, as soon as one egg is finished, it goes to another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

The only thing more embarrassing then our players performances thus far is the fans asking for his head.

I said it at the start of the year, if you thought this season was going to be smooth, you havn't a ****ing clue about football.

starting to remember why I left boards for Football365 forums, a shockingly large portion of clueless self centred "fans" who would happily settle for an odd trophy, even if it meant we turned into the laughing stock.

nobody is keeping you here, off you go toodle pip.

Or how about this - ACCEPT many, many people with good knowledge of football can spot a man that is unproven, tactically inept, out of his depth and as FANS of the football club they are voicing their OPINION that he should be got rid of before it's too late.

Trust me - it CAN be too late. Look at the shambles at Liverpool in the early 1990s and look at the lasting impact there.

This isn't about United fans wanting to become Chelsea or City sacking managers every 2 mins. This is about United fans wanting the wrong man sacked and the right man inserted. Someone with a top class CV and history of managing a top club successfully.

Off you go back to Football365 if you cant handle a different opinion to yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

You know for how amazing a manager fergie was he has left our squad In an awful state but it just shows how great he was at motivating players who are average into league winners.

Now I don't think moyes tactics and decsion making has been good eithier but the players have let him and us(fans) down a lot.

I thought we've been average for last 3 years but players have saved us Rvp/Rooney bu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Hes out of his depth big time, I hate seeing our team play so bad, Fergie won the league with this team but Moyes is manager now and all we hear is "the players are ****" Too many excuses for him now he has no clue how to manage us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

dfx- wrote: »
    Cut this sort of thing out, please.

Best thing is to ignore the obsessives, they only want that type of reaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I would think Moyes days are numbered.

I don't know what else to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Best thing is to ignore the obsessives, they only want that type of reaction.

It was a joke ye dry shítes -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

At the end of the game the cameras cut to Moyes and then to Alex Ferguson sitting in the stand. I don't think Ferguson is helping Moyes by being so visible at United games, is he there all the time?

I remember last season people were calling for Arsene Wenger to be sacked around this time.
    Somehow these same people are silent right now, the last thing needed now is for Moyes to go, it is a pity we can't have our Europe form for Premier league form too.

January is where it is at for Moyes, if he fails then when it comes to signings, then he will be under real pressure to survive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Congrats to Moyes, he waited 12 years for Everton to beat United at Old Trafford - and he has finally achieved it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Poor bollocks from you again. Fans are in damn right to ask for his head and iv said from day one he had no right to get the job, no right. How can you say we challenge next year? What has Moyes done for you to have that faith in him? Has he won any trophies in the past? Has he changed the team so that at least us fans can see some progress? Has he bought well in the transfer window? The answer to these questions is a big NO!

The man is clueless, tactically. He is so far above his head he has no clue what he's doing. Starting Welbeck instead of Nani after Nani was pretty good in Germany, is idiotic. Giving Chico and known goal scorer only 5 mins to change a game has me banging my head off the keyboard. Its so ****ing rookie mistakes he's making.

Since he has left Everton they are a changed team, they play some great stuff and they have so much freedom now. They dont have someone holding them back.

Teams often make mistakes with their appointments and you may think you dont want utd to turn into chelsea. I dont either but why cant a club just make simple mistake? Got the wrong man, sack him and get a manager that has the C.V to manager utd?

If utd got lets say Pep and we still had this awful season, I would back Pep to the hilt because iv followed his career, iv seen the numerous trophies and managing the biggest team in the world. A manager like that deserves time, Moyes doesnt because he was the wrong man in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

To be calling for him out before his first season ends, jesus lads it gets me seriously angry. CAn't believe the ****e I read in here on a frequent basis.

It's always the same 3 suspects. They'll be along soon enough, one already here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Moyes would be gone tomorrow if Utd fans had a vote tonight

• Advertisement

He's a ****ing muppet, and rarely has an opinion worth mentioning.

Probably come on all high and mighty saying how he told everyone so. Moron.

I just read two people saying there will be a mass exodus of our players this summer....because we will be playing Europa league football......

Go back to 365 if you're gonna post like that, weall have opinions deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Lennonist wrote: »
    At the end of the game the cameras cut to Moyes and then to Alex Ferguson sitting in the stand. I don't think Ferguson is helping Moyes by being so visible at United games, is he there all the time?

disguise.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

RobertKK wrote: »
    I remember last season people were calling for Arsene Wenger to be sacked around this time.
    Somehow these same people are silent right now, the last thing needed now is for Moyes to go, it is a pity we can't have our Europe form for Premier league form too.

January is where it is at for Moyes, if he fails then when it comes to signings, then he will be under real pressure to survive.

You honestly think there will be major signings in January after the shambles, the embarrassment of the summer?

This line of thinking wrecks my head.

City and Chelsea sack managers cause they want 1st and only deliver 2nd or 3rd. They sack managers who constantly have them challenging, and if we went down that route, I'd be angry too.

But Moyes isn't challenging for a top 4 spot, let alone the titles. Were stuck in 8th with little sign of things changing. The club has taken massive, major strides backwards. It's true there was going to be transitions, but this isn't a transition; it's a regression. Moyes, as manager, has taken the club backwards by several steps.

Chelsea and City also changed managers this summer, and yet they are managing to hit their strides and are 2nd and 3rd. If we were in their position right now and calling for heads to roll, I'd be right beside you but there's a very, very good reason people are seeking change, and to just slam fans for being upset that under Moyes reign, the club has regressed....that's hugely unfair.

Chelsea and City are able to hand any player their manager wants within reason, to them. Mourinho is also used to dealing at this tier of transfer dealings, Pellegrini also. We have a manager and chief exec who are new, so for a start, they would have some hiccups.

Mourinho and Pellegrini also have experience of dealing with expectation, managing big clubs and players and knowing how to utilise their squad. Moyes is being tasked to learn all this while mounting a title challenge?

City and Chelsea players know the axe can fall swiftly, and a new manager can come in and basically not fancy them at all. There is some mentality there that they can't be utterly abject, or they will be walking to a different club ( most likely not paying the wages they are on)

City and Chelsea have had some piss poor results also this season let us not forget. And to be fair have had a few lucky wins. ON another night we are 2-0 up there by 70 minutes and cruising.

Things are a bit disjointed and not fluid. Moyes is learning, you can see he doesn't know how to integrate all the good things he has in the squad. And in fairness he has been left with a bit of a mess by SAF. Kagawa was bought to play behind Rooney, RVP deal came up and you now have a gifted CAM that simply can't be accommodated.

There is alot more catchup to be done by Moyes, that has been obvious since the beginning. I'd hoped our fanbase might have been a bit mature and giving him the time he CLEARLY needs to adapt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

RobertKK wrote: »

Comparing Wenger to Moyes is like comparing a Vintage Ferrari to my old BMX in the shed missing its back wheel in terms of achievement at the top level in the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I said well not amazing, we were on top and unlucky not to get two or three, if you can't see this than i worry.

true apologies was just in a reactionary mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Lennonist wrote: »

Think Fergie cares? He would've banned himself from OT by now if he was in Moyes position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lads before ye post over the next few hours, just think of what your saying and what your replying to, any problems report it, dont get caught up in a slagging match or there could be cards handed out left, right and centre.

Goes for every fan in here BTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hitchens wrote: »

It's a shame we don't. I really can't wait until he's gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Hitchens wrote: »

Of course because we lost tonight.

Todays excuses are as follows,

Fergies fault.
    Players fault.
    Glaziers fault.

Cant be anyone else' fault at all.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

The chances of transfers (quality transfers not overpriced afros!) in January are diminishing every day with the crap we keep on producing. As other posters have said, who would want to play for us at the moment?? Hernandez is being used so badly by Moyes its depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

To those that want Moyes gone, who would you bring in? Even if you wait til the end of the season, your options are limited. particularly if we fail to finish in the top 4 this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It irritates me so much how people back this man, how in the name of jebus can you support a man that has done **** all in the world of football.

adox wrote: »
    You honestly think there will be major signings in January after the shambles, the embarrassment of the summer?

I honestly don't know what will happen in the transfer, had great hopes for the summer transfers and to say that was disappointing is an understatement.

If United fail to get any player who is class and who can change our fortunes then I think Moyes days will be numbered.

They really need to go Real Madrid style to get in top players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

disguise.jpg
    :confused: Ferguson should wear a disguise? He could do that, or he could just go home and feed the horses or something and let Moyes get on with the job. With old man Ferguson sitting there the whole time it looks like he wants his old job back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

adox wrote: »

This is what I'm afraid of. What major player in their right mind will want to join us in January?

No instead, we'll sign Baines and bury our head in the sand for another six months. Probably sign Tim Howard and Phil Jagielka next summer then. Fúck it at least they won a game tonight.

Headshot wrote: »
    It irritates me so much how people back this man, how in the name of jebus can you support a man that has done **** all in the world of football.

Has he failed in Europe so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

To those that want Moyes gone, who would you bring in? Even if you wait til the end of the season, your options are limited. particularly if we fail to finish in the top 4 this year.

Great point.

Easier said then done getting rid now.

I want Moyes to stay till end of season. He deserves a chance. But if he does not get CL he has to go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Or he just wants to watch the team he led for 26 years?

The way we are playing is because of Fergie being in the stands? really?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement