Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Its always the senior players that speak out first if things in the camp are not great.

Rios comments remind me of Agger during Roys' reign, or Terry during AVB.

If he loses the dressing room he may not even see May never mind getting at least 2 seasons.

In other news...

I seen this on Twitter and I knew RVP made a massive contribution to the team last season but this really shows how much he is potentailly being missed

Baz1BUQCIAA_4wj.png:large

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Donerkebab

1a292dd95296bb6609b5885e4635b6fc.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I find it a very strange quote indeed, and to me it screams that Ferdinand is not only unhappy with how Moyes does things, but more importantly he is prepared to come out and say it!

No player gives that quote without knowing how critical it comes across as. Ferdinand may already know his days are numbered, and if he feels prepared to make a statement like that then it is a clear signal that there are rumblings of discontent in the camp.

It's a silly quote and Ferdinand should know better. The club are already having a difficult enough time without the media getting wind that all may not be well between the players and the manager.

A player of his experience should be saying this quietly to Moyes if he thinks it's a problem, not airing it in public..

A player of his experience should be saying this quietly to Moyes if he thinks it's a problem, not airing it in public..

probably has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Donerkebab wrote: »
    1a292dd95296bb6609b5885e4635b6fc.png

he also added:

"I've never dated or even met David moye's Daughter so that isn't the reason for my absence in games ."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The club is quickly becoming a comedy show for the rest of the football world

Agueroooo wrote: »
    probably has

If that's the case and Moyes gave him a response he didn't like then he should shut up and not air it in public for the good of the team.

But then again he has a media role to think about when he retires so he's probably trying to become an outspoken player before then.

I hate to say it but I can see us going down the route of Liverpool and Chelsea with the club bowing to pressure to sack the manager after only a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

J. Marston wrote: »
    That's a great mentality to have. Maybe if the Gods favour us, we can sneak a draw like plucky underdogs.
    There are times when I swear he still thinks he's still doing press conferences for Everton. Same when he makes weirdly defensive subs early in the game.
    The club is quickly becoming a comedy show for the rest of the football world

But he's the right man for us guys just give him 10 years.:rolleyes:

I hate to say it but I can see us going down the route of Liverpool and Chelsea with the club bowing to pressure to sack the manager after only a few months.

The only pressure at Chelsea to sack a manager comes from one man, Roman.
    In fairness to Liverpool we sacked Roy cause it/he was a momental cock-up and he really didn't get the club.
    We don't have a history of sacking managers quickly (and imo too our detrament over the years) but it was obvious then, and its obvious now Roy wasn't the man for the job - attendances dropped dramatically and the was the final straw.

Sometimes some managers are just not the right man for many different reasons.
    Moyes might still be the right man as its way too early to make that call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

But he's the right man for us guys just give him 10 years.:rolleyes:

Please don't include me in that kind of point scoring. kthxbai

Rooney has bailed us out an awful lot this season, worried what's going to happen without him tomorrow

If Valencia, Welbeck or Giggs start we're in big trouble

Agueroooo wrote: »
    The only pressure at Chelsea to sack a manager comes from one man, Roman.

Not entirely true. AVB lost the dressing room and the fans weren't too happy either. I agree that Roman makes his own decisions but that one was certainly helped along by the team and the fans.
    In fairness to Liverpool we sacked Roy cause it/he was a momental cock-up and he really didn't get the club.
    We don't have a history of sacking managers quickly (and imo too our detrament over the years) but it was obvious then, and its obvious now Roy wasn't the man for the job - attendances dropped dramatically and the was the final straw.

I'm not so sure I agree with that. I think the main problem was that Roy wasn't wanted by the fans from the start because Kenny Dalglish put himself forward for consideration and was shot down by the club. Roy ended up in the job, at a club that was up for sale. If you look back on the results there weren't that bad overall, especially the results leading up to when he left the club. I will say that the style of football wasn't great, but the fans who said Hodgson couldn't handle a big club were in the wrong given his vast European experience. I feel for Hodgson because at that time in the club's history it was a difficult job to take. He wasn't really given enough time to do anything, but luckily for Liverpool replacing him has worked out. It easily could not have.

[/quote]
    Sometimes some managers are just not the right man for many different reasons.
    Moyes might still be the right man as its way too early to make that call.

I would tend to agree but I still think some clubs are far too hasty in deciding that.

Unfortunately I see a lot of comparisons between Moyes taking over at United and Hodgson taking over at Liverpool. Both involved difficult timing, Hodgson taking over a club that was up for sale, Moyes taking over from the most successful manager of all time. Both were not most of the fans preferred choice and both have had their ability to "do it" at a big club questioned. If anything Moyes is under more pressure as Liverpool were constant underachievers in their fans' eyes but even then Hodgson was seen as a failure. Anything less than top 4 will be seen as a failure for the majority of fans I fear.

So as I said yesterday this month is huge for Moyes. If we win the rest of our games in December I'm sure that will quieten any building unrest. If we don't I think Moyes may well be shown the door. I just hope it doesn't come to that for the club and for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Rooney has bailed us out an awful lot this season, worried what's going to happen without him tomorrow

If Valencia, Welbeck or Giggs start we're in big trouble

Any word on whether van Persie is near ready?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Please don't include me in that kind of point scoring. kthxbai

Too late ;) Plus I wasnt thanks whoring if I was id bash Homer or Airbag tbh.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Any word on whether van Persie is near ready?

My fantasy football sources have him as unlikely and that Hernandez will get the nod. Haven't seen anything from the news sites yet.

I don't think we should rush him back tomorrow, getting him fully fit should be the priority, and Hernandez is great cover as long as Moyes picks the right players to give him some chances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It's a silly quote and Ferdinand should know better.
    If that's the case and Moyes gave him a response he didn't like then he should shut up and not air it in public for the good of the team.

Yes he should know better. And thats the point isn't it, he does know better. Yet he said it anyway.

Just what do you think the implications of this are?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

IF those Ferdinand quotes are true, he had to know what coming out and criticizing, even ever so slightly, Moyes would mean. Strikes me Rio is quite media savvy, so would know that the media will pounce on what he said.

Anyone be surprised if the "He has lost the dressing room" stories start?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

IF those Ferdinand quotes are true, he had to know what coming out and criticizing, even ever so slightly, Moyes would mean. Strikes me Rio is quite media savvy, so would know that the media will pounce on what he said.

I think its a given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

bullvine wrote: »
    I will actually cry if Nani, Januzaj and Rafael dont start tomorrow!

Team should be imo

De Gea

-Raf
    Vidic
    Smalling
    Evra
    -Nani
    Cleverley
    Fellaini----Adnan
    Kagawa

Chico

Subs: Lindergaard, Jones, Valencia, Welbeck, Young, Fabio, Anderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Re tomorrows game - given that Moyes really seems to want us playing ball after ball after ball out the wing and whipping it into the box, then maybe doing something along the lines of Fellaini playing behind Chico wouldn't be a bad way to go. With Jones and Cleverly in midfield and Nani and Januzaj out the wing. At least then we'll have a) guys who can cross a ball and B) guys who are decent in the air arriving in.

Or just try play decent football with Kag instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

keane2097 wrote: »
    I'll be in Angola all of next week so you better make up your mind fast!

Update on this in case anyone was worried. I am no longer going to Angola.

vp-fistpump-hi.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Those spiders got the better of ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Headshot wrote: »
    Those spiders got the better of ya?

The beauty of poorly run bureaucracy - it's all I can do not to hop up on the desk and do a jig!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

God I had totally forgotten about Zaha. Seems crazy that he hasn't even been on the bench. He's exactly the kind of player who could make something happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the reaction (or should i say lack of it) by both the players and the fans on wednesday night would suggest people are losing or already have lost faith in him. never seen a United team react so badly and that is telling to say the least.

fans still publically support him and there were no boos/negative reactions, however i think if you asked most fans privately were they still fully behind him, it would be a resounding no.

Just realized that the United game is the early game tomorrow, so can't even bury my head and take solace in watching other games first. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Just realized that the United game is the early game tomorrow, so can't even bury my head and take solace in watching other games first. :(

On the other hand... a win for us would be a nice start to the day.

If we get our arses in gear, ever....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I wish Moyes would stop calling Kagawa "Sin-gy" in press conferences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone hear lawrenson and cascarino on Matt Cooper .According to Lawrenson RVP asked for a transfer and wants to leave in January.cascarino chirps up that RVP won't be happy sitting on the beach not getting games. WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Find it very hard to believe RVP would ask for a transfer like that, definately bs imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Going to try an relax before the game tomorrow PM.

About to have some food and wine. Think i`ll have an omelette with my glass of `92.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

BS about RVP but I doubt he's happy that saf isnt the manager anymore since Saf was the big reason why he came to utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

yabadabado wrote: »
    Anyone hear lawrenson and cascarino on Matt Cooper .According to Lawrenson RVP asked for a transfer and wants to leave in January.cascarino chirps up that RVP won't be happy sitting on the beach not getting games. WTF

Lawrenson seems to at all of Utd training sessions, and must have a camera stuck on an invisible drone following Van Persie around. He`s been going on about Van Persie being unhappy for ages.

Let me guess he said that RVP and Moyes did not get on, RVP does not try in training and that was annoying the other players.

How many times did he say "I think"?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

nuxxx wrote: »
    Find it very hard to believe RVP would ask for a transfer like that, definately bs imo

Complete BS I reckon as well. Boys saying RVP typical Dutch and sulking coz he can't get his game. Do the idiots not realise that he is injured atm.very lazy comments to come out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Lawrenson is a grumpy old fart seeking attention and wanting to throw his dig at United. Complete rubbish from him.

As I said yesterday or the day before, I'm trying desperately to ignore those sorts of whispers about RVP.

I know people go on about transfer windows and giving Moyes one to stamp his seal on the team. But I'd hate to think in the next window, he'd ship out a tonne of good players and that his "stamp" would be one that damages us in the long term...

Just hope Young is shown the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

The amount of crap that comes out of Lawrenson's mouth when he commentates gives me no reason to believe him now. And I've read Cascarino's weekly column in the paper a few times and some of the stuff he comes out with makes me wonder if he even watches the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Surely the papers would have got wind of it by now and not Mark Lawrenson.

Must 3 points tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Would be very concerning if Rio's comments were a sign of the dressing room losing faith in Moyes or if unfounded rumours about RVP were even close to being true.

No matter what anybody feels about Moyes or whether they want him there or not, the fact is that he's the current manager so the players have to support him and do everything in their power to put in performances both on and off the pitch to make his job easier.

I'd be very very disappointed in the senior players if it was the case that there's an attempted coup d'état at play here.

My hope is that since he's not the sharpest tool in the box, Rio's quotes are not as they may first seem and that Lawrenson is just his usual full of **** self.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

fans still publically support him and there were no boos/negative reactions, however i think if you asked most fans privately were they still fully behind him, it would be a resounding no.

Resounding No??? BULLS**T. Most fans realize how bad we have been playing for the last number of seasons, how RVP almost single handily won us the league last year, how bad a shape fergie left the middle of the park, how it takes time for a manager to adjust to managing one of the biggest clubs in the world, how the league is won over 38 games not 14, how injuries have effected us.
    Those are the realists. As for the fantasy football fans

Robson99 wrote: »
    Resounding No??? BULLS**T. Most fans realize how bad we have been playing for the last number of seasons, how RVP almost single handily won us the league last year, how bad a shape fergie left the middle of the park, how it takes time for a manager to adjust to managing one of the biggest clubs in the world, how the league is won over 38 games not 14, how injuries have effected us.
    Those are the realists. As for the fantasy football fans

Most fans?

Oh ho, big call.

Not on Boards.ie.

Some fans here were told to get a grip when some of us have been begging for improvement for past few seasons

Tomorrows game on BT Sports isnt it?

Got it for December for €1 thanks to a link Zerks stuck in the off topic thread.
    Sweet.

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Tomorrows game on BT Sports isnt it?

Got it for December for €1 thanks to a link Zerks stuck in the off topic thread.
    Sweet.

Ya its on BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I always thought Mark Lawrenson was my mortal enemy, know I know he is.

• Advertisement

Ya its on BT.

Little fella's game at 11, be home in time for United game, then we're set piece training at 3.30 before second last game of the season on Sunday afternoon.

A weekend of football, cant beat it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

That class of 92 film is sitting on the dock of the bay atm.

RasTa wrote: »
    That class of 92 film is sitting on the dock of the bay atm.

Just watched it, ah memories! Was at the final game of the season v Spurs and FA cup final..would have gone to Barca only made my confirmation the day after -_-

Best 10 days of my life! It'll be generations, if ever, we see a story like that again.

Damned church...... :pac:

The mother and granny would have KILLED my da taking me off to Barca and miss confirmation!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement