Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

It's getting easier and easier with every game that passes to understand the reasoning behind Moyes wanting to replace Evra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Quandary wrote: »
    The match thread is going downhill fast, much like our chances at top 4.

Every time United play the trolls are out in force with their stupid comments, wind-ups and digs in the match thread.

Honestly can't understand why people even bother with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

KH25 wrote: »
    Evra needs to go. Awful, awful defending.

WTF?? Watch the replay... Evra won the ball with a header and it bounced off Sissohko.
    Evra didnt have the pace to catch him.

Explain how it was awful defending? Or quit f**king jumping on the evra abuse bandwaggon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Every time United play the trolls are out in force with their stupid comments, wind-ups and digs in the match thread.

Honestly can't understand why people even bother with it.

Look at the state we're in, on course to finish mid-table. You can hardly blame them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

WTF?? Watch the replay... Evra won the ball with a header and it bounced off Sissohko.

Explain how it was awful defending? Or quit f**king jumping on the evra abuse bandwaggon.

How about you calm down? I'm fully entitled to my opinion. Evra has been poor defensively for a long time now. Today he has been caught out at least twice.

As for jumping on a bandwagon, I have been saying for a long time now that he needs to be replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Lay off him, he's entitled to his opinion, it looks like your just in denial, get over it, he's been useless for a long time now, and he needs to go ASAP, i dont even support Man Utd and i can see that.... It was awful defending that gave away the goal, Evra was 110% to blame. Simples :pac:

Evras fault for Goal?!?

Whatever ye reckon!!

The team look wrecked. Moyes's tough training drills playing a factor i think.
    He should have kept Fergies Backroom team.
    Mistake 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Complete & utter meltdown on the way here soon. 2 abismal performances back to back at OT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Utd need to admit they got it wrong and get rid of Moyes.

It won't happen though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

That's it lads, moyes good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Evra's default position this season has been chasing back after being caught out of position (not specifically talking about today's goal).

The only bandwagons in force now are those constantly defending the likes of Evra, Cleverly, Wellbeck and some others as being good enough for United when they clearly aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

I know I'm a Cleverly basher but lads surely nobody can continue to defend him?

Everybody today was either average, poor or just downright awful but Cleverly is even below that. So so poor.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dont worry lads, just need to give him more time...

tumblr_lpyvxmhCHX1qbz0sko1_400.gif

Evra's default position this season has been chasing back after being caught out of position (not specifically talking about today's goal).

The only bandwagons in force now are those constantly defending the likes of Evra, Cleverly, Wellbeck and some others as being good enough for United
    when they clearly aren't.

Well my reply to his post was completly in relation to todays goal.
    To say it was awful awful defending is a completely daft post. And it only stems from seeing people on here slating evra and following suit.

Evras defualt position has also been to do with how Moyes deploys him.
    Look at Baines for everton.
    Likewise for Utd, evra has created more chances then any other player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

All getting a bit Shakespeare! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Danye wrote: »
    I know I'm a Cleverly basher but lads surely nobody can continue to defend him?

Everybody today was either average, poor or just downright awful but Cleverly is even below that. So so poor.

He is like a headless chicken,cant control a game at all,and if he wasn't English you wouldn't hear much about him.

Today he and Jones got over ran in the middle

4-5-1 is the way forward I think and at least try and get control of a game again,teams are just finding it too easy to play against Utd atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

adox wrote: »
    Utd need to admit they got it wrong and get rid of Moyes.

It won't happen though.

Get off it. Fergie and Gill left us high and dry in the Summer. For years this squad has been crying out for a midfielder and none of them bothered to go out and get one. Also out solid back two of Vidic and Rio are half the players they were at their peak same could be said for Evra. Add to that our crappy wing play and Moyes was left with a team of useless, pathetic players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Going out with a whimper.

All United fans know when United go a goal down you expect them to fight back, no sense of it happening today. Sad to be witnessing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I dont want an equaliser now. Too late to win it. Rather lose and hope Moyes is sacked or loads of money is invested in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

All going Pete Tong these days, wonder how long the Glaziers will leave Moyes in charge? Will they give him the money needed to boost the team, i am not so sure they will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

GSPfan wrote: »
    I dont want an equaliser now. Too late to win it. Rather lose a

some fan tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He has to go, he has to. You cant defending this average manager anymore. He is a disease that need to be eradicated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

David Moyes - Alex Ferguson's worst ever signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

That drawing board must be nearly broke at this stage.

Team has no belief at all.

And what makes it worse it losing to that smug head Pardew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Moyes fans...let's be hearing ye

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So what are the excuses today then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I reckon the Glazers could be getting worried about not having CL football next season which could force their hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Can't defend that performance. Toothless, no energy, no attacking flair. A team of very average players getting too much game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

some fan tbh

Thanks. Nice selective edit of the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Dressing room has been lost, time to go!

Can't excuse that rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Remember this period the next time you tell fans of other clubs how to suck eggs. Everyone loves a winner at the end of the day, and your fans are no more patient or learned than anyone elses.

The good news is that Champions League qualification is not beyond ye but there is a ton of improvement required to close the gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

That was just poor. Newcastle played like they wanted to win. United played like they didn't care. There was little creativity and a lot of players underperformed.

The team is better than this, even without investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Gonna try not post or read here today and I advise the rest of you to do it too because tbh everyone is just gonna attack each other and its annoying to read and the mods will WRITE LIKE THIS, anywho only thing that cheered me up was Zaha'a little smile making his debut.

Enjoy the weekend guys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

As someone who had hoped he would get 2 seasons, not sure how this can continue like this. No good outcome here, sack him and we are ****ed, keep him and we are ****ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

a disgrace

GTFO Moyes

No Rooney....no game plan...no midfield...no answers....

Whats the excuse this time

Where's your star signing today????

A.N Other would've performed better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

As I said in the match thread,

This highlights how poor some of the United squad really are, and I can't see that calibre rising without a whole lot of money and a manager with trophies in his cabinet. Sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just looking at the table, if the current top 4 sides all win there will be a gap of 8 points back to Utd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

united could be eight points behind fifth after this gameweek. thats inexcusable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Getting used to seeing this team under him fail this season....... Horrible feeling.

One the biggest clubs in the world league after league cup after cup and we hand the job over to someone whos won nothing. No experience with a top team and always a manger who dug in and dealt with having nothing not someone who took top teams further.

He has no right being manager of this club i gave him benefit of doubt at start and hoped for the best but hes made a ****ing balls of this club this season and its not gonna get better because u can clearly see hes out of his depth losing the players and the fans.

Come January no one will even want to come to the ****ing club because where miles off the pace and will win nothing this year.

Horrible position for club this size to be in because whole bloody world is watching and puts extra pressure on everyone in this situation.

Theres really no positives to speak of at this minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

Kagawa didn't play

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

I think fergie ment when he said give moyes time was maybe a few years of top 4 but no league titles.

He didnt mean the possibility of being a bottom half team by christmas.

Ive no more time for moyes and Ive no more time for most of the squad. Its very very bad.

So bad I bet on newcastle at H/T 7/2 DNB. Ive never bet against united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Simply not good enough and second best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Remember this period the next time you tell fans of other clubs how to suck eggs. Everyone loves a winner at the end of the day, and your fans are no more patient or learned than anyone elses.

The good news is that Champions League qualification is not beyond ye but there is a ton of improvement required to close the gap.

Lloyd I get you are enjoying this. Fancy sticking to the match thread so we can avoid the wind ups?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

rQr6J.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Shocking. It isn't all Moyes though, that starting 11 should produce better than that.

This squad desperately needs to be cleared out and rebuilt. The question is whether Moyes is the man to do it. There is no point allowing him to bring in players if he isn't going to make it to next season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

mike65 wrote: »
    Just looking at the table, if the current top 4 sides all win there will be a gap of 8 points back to Utd

I think United could go on a run and close these gaps.They can also spend big in Jan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wouldn't be surprised to see SAF back in charge come January.

I think United could go on a run and close these gaps.They can also spend big in Jan.

There is no way this team will go on a run

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement