Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Getting over run by players like Anita and Tiote is shocking,they bossed the game today along with Cabaye,maybe he should have put an extra man in there

Time to bin the 4-4-2,teams are finding it too easy to play against Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

We need to look to Liverpool as an example! They waited too long to get rid of Hodgson. Its not gonna happen though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wouldn't be surprised to see SAF back in charge come January.

Honestly, as much as I want Moyes gone, that would be a worst case scenario for me.

Whoever comes in next will have the advantage of not having to follow the legend but the flop, and that will mean expectations aren't as high. If Fergie comes back, we face this problem all over again next season.

Fergie is gone. We need to find the future leader of the empire, but so too do we need to accept to think that we were getting that on our first try was incredible naive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

simply appaling position that we find ourselves in right now. its not acceptable and while the club will be too stubborn to sack him, i think Moyes could have no complaints if he was sacked tonight/ he never deserved this job and he certainly does not deserve it now. our top 4 spot is now in real danger of being missed and is that gamble, too much to take?

we could slip outside the top 11 if results dont go our way in the next 8 days. i dont think Moyes is the man to take the club on and i wouldnt be sad if he was sacked or walked.

sadly, neither will happen. what a f8cking jokeshop and embarrassment this has turned into.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

9th. Lol.

"haha better luck next year lads!!!"

"Cyril, we lost?"

"Oh...."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Its just so infuriating that this average manager, manages one of the biggest teams in the world. Imagine being 9th in the table with the current PL winners, its unacceptable.

He has to go, I dont care if it doesnt make sense until the end of the season. If he stays we could lose out on CL football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

I think United could go on a run and close these gaps.They can also spend big in Jan.

Your also relying on the teams ahead slipping up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

Chagan wrote: »
    Shocking. It isn't all Moyes though, that starting 11 should produce better than that.

This squad desperately needs to be cleared out and rebuilt. The question is whether Moyes is the man to do it. There is no point allowing him to bring in players if he isn't going to make it to next season.

agreed. but on this evidence I don't want to trust him, afterall this is the same squad that one the title late year. I really was hoping he'd be given real time to build but who knows now. Newcastle were very good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Say what you want about Moyes but the players were absolutely useless today. It's pretty damming looking at the subs on the bench too. We really have a poor squad at the moment with zero confidence throughout the team.

I hate to say it but we might need to change the manager just to try to get some confidence back. Don't know who'd want the job at the moment though.

Really wish the players would just up their performance and get us to the transfer window. They have a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

realistically who could United approach to manage them? Availability wise i mean, i know most managers would jump at the chance to manage utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lloyd I get you are enjoying this. Fancy sticking to the match thread so we can avoid the wind ups?

My point is made. Of all the things that were annoying for us lot over the past few years, the most irritating jibes were Utd fans dropping in on their high horses to note that we need to give managers time and expected too much, etc. All fans are the same, and now you know it for certain.

Ye can still avoid total disaster however. The big question is whether Moyes can learn on the job over the next couple of months and turn it around. If the decision makers at the club have any doubt on that score they should make a move now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I just think its criminal that the board took such a massive massive gamble on a manager for one the biggest jobs in club football.

If Fergie was the one who pushed for Moyes he really has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Moyes out?

And who is coming in to replace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Sacking the manager now makes no sense, at least wait until the end of the season.

For now I just hope the board back him in the January transfer window, sign a midfielder who can pass the ball, get cleverly and Jones out of midfield, put Smalling back at centre half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Lets say he is sacked tomorrow, who realistically could manage the club? Hiddink wouldn't be long term appointment surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Keno wrote: »
    Moyes out?

Giggs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Moyes out?

I've a fairly impressive CV from my football manager career. I'll give it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

bullvine wrote: »
    We need to look to Liverpool as an example! They waited too long to get rid of Hodgson. Its not gonna happen though.

As Liverpool fan it only happened because the owners could see that games weren't selling out . I remember a New Year's Day game it would have been his last home game and there was about 10,000 empty seats . I think that was the straw that broke the camels back for them plus a 3 - 1 loss to Blackburn a few days after . Plus add in the fact you could hear the fans song loud and clear that they wanted Kenny dalglish as manager too .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

realistically who could United approach to manage them? Availability wise i mean, i know most managers would jump at the chance to manage utd.

Hiddink, or possibly a number of international managers to come in and work til the end of the year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    My point is made. Of all the things that were annoying for us lot over the past few years, the most irritating jibes were Utd fans dropping in on their high horses to note that we need to give managers time and expected too much, etc. All fans are the same, and now you know it for certain.

Ye can still avoid total disaster however. The big question is whether Moyes can learn on the job over the next couple of months and turn it around. If the decision makers at the club have any doubt on that score they should make a move now.

You see its not bad when you are actually interest in debating the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

If Fergie was the one who pushed for Moyes he really has a lot to answer for.

And Bobby Charlton with his crap about Mourinho being not cut out for United.

jupp-heynckes-bayern-munich.jpg

He claims he's retired, but if any club could tempt him to try one last hurrah it's Utd to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Fergie left Moyes with a bottom 10 standard midfield. A massive oversight by Ferguson.

Moyes signed Fellaini to start to address the problem but Fellaini has had a nightmare start to his Utd career.

Moyes and Woodward failed miserably to sign another badly needed midfielder.

The inevitable happened - Carrick got injured and we now find ourselves completely out of the title race and potentially in danger of missing out on top 4.

Moyes has persisted with a conservative style of football, relying on defensively sound players like Valencia and Welbeck. It will never work for this club.

The players heads' have completely dropped and the squad is badly lacking leadership. Senior players need to step up to the plate and assume some of the responsibility. Wayne Rooney can't do it all on his own.

Januzaj is the only positive I can think of at the moment.

It is a real mess at Manchester United these days :(

Depressing times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Newcastle came to OT and had no fear. To me this says more even than the result. The team had no drive and looked as if they just expected Robin to do what Rooney has been doing all season and dig them out of a hole.

Moyes cannot be blamed for this attitude however when Manchester United look to replace the greatest manager of all time with a manager who has a second division title in his trophy cabinet then it does not matter what fcuking accent he speaks with.

The team needs huge investment, what went on in the summer embarrassed me and it shows it affected players too. The midfield is lost without Carrick, Evra is responsible for half our goals conceded and Van Persie looks like he regrets signing for the club so late in his career.

I don't mind ribbing from other supporters, they have had nowt to shout for for years, god bless them. Must be tough. What I do mind is my team losing without a fight and that's just not Manchester United. I am old enough to go back to when Big Ron was in charge and even his teams showed more fight than what I have seen in the last two OT games.

I really doubt the club will give Moyes the money he needs in January, they will wait and see how he fares before making a decision next Summer. The club has so much revenue streaming in a bad season or two will not affect the finances too badly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think it sums it up that people are worried we won't be able to get a decent manager in to replace him. Man United, and we think we won't even be able to attract a good manager, and yet in the same breath, people think we should have hope for a transfer window?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Solskjaer!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Moyes out?

Harry Redknapp for the relegation dogfight :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

No fight,no tempo,we deserved nothing from this game today.

Not once have I criticised Moyes but my patience is wearing thin,he seems to have a look of fear in his eyes standing on the sideline.The attitude of the players doesn't help.Once we went a goal down,it was as if they thought "this is it,lets just see out the remaining minutes".
    Not once did I see a player cajoling,shouting or even getting a bit annoyed with their team mates over what was happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Fair enough, you can argue that the squad isn't capable of winning the title, but they should be a lot higher than 9th at this stage of the season.

Moyes never should have been appointed. He has to go, because he's not going to even be in the conversation for top 4, despite the sketchy form of City and Spurs.

Unfortunately, with Fergie on the board, you'll likely be stuck with him until it gets really bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

bullvine wrote: »
    Giggs?

Exactly. Funny answers given because no one has a fucking iota who to replace him with.

"Moyes out!"

"Who will you get to replace him?"

"I dunno..."

Christ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm not even surprised United lost. Moyes just oozes mediocrity

You see its not bad when you are actually interest in debating the point.

I'm showing lots of restraint mate to be fair! My black Utd hating heart is capable of much crueler posting! :) Like it or lump it, ye are now the most interesting storyline in European football. Real pressure starts now imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Moyes out?

Di Matteo is waiting for a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

No fight, no desire, no imagination, no improvement and a definite sense of resignation, both on the field and in the terraces as soon as Newcastle scored.

Vidic the only one that didn't pull out of a bloody tackle today,
    We're ****e in midfield.
    Tiote had a field day.
    van Persie so obviously wasn't fit.

Of the 14 that played, not one player today can say that played well, Hernandez tried hard, but got no service at all.
    Having van Persie drop to the centre circle to look for possession, even if he is playing as a ten is a horrible reflection on the lack of quality in midfield.

Don't think any of us have ever witnessed a United team so lacking in confidence before, and it's worrying to say the least. Forget about the championship, Champions League qualification is a long way off if we stay playing like this.

Times like this we need to see and hear supporters behind the team, and to see people leaving OT before the final whistle is very disappointing.

Imagine Keano walking into that dressing room.There's a time when certain players need to be called out for their attitude & performance but nobody seems to be doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

I think the winning mentality is missing...

I hate to say it but we need someone driven by success some who's driven by winning no matter what......

Keane...... Ill get my coat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I'm not even angry about the result. I expected it. I have very little confidence in the team anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Moyes fans...let's be hearing ye
    There's no defending how poor we've been this season so far irrespective of who the manager is. I've always been supportive of letting Moyes grow into the job in the same way we've always been supportive of letting younger players grow into their jobs. I just never believed for one minute that the team were as poor as they have shown this year so far.

Although reigning champions, Moyes still took over a poor team who it seems played above themselves when SAF was in charge. There was always going to be a drop in performances under a new manager but I think everyone is shocked at how far that drop in performance has been once the SAF factor is taken out of the equation. Even though it's natural to vent at Moyes, the players need to have a long hard look at themselves too.

I would still be in favour of Moyes staying but he really needs to put his own stamp on the team in January either by having a busy transfer window and/or introducing more of the younger prospects into the first team and building for next season.

In saying all that, if the dressing room stops playing for him, he has to go no matter how much anyone wants him to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Wouldn't be surprised to see SAF back in charge come January.

I remember saying this back in May and was ridiculed by Utd fans.

Moyes will be given to the end of the season to turn this around.

If they finish outside the top 6 or don't win one of the cups, I can see Utd making an approach for someone like Klopp or Conte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

kona wrote: »
    Harry Redknapp for the relegation dogfight :o

We could do with him for the January window at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

I'd have Hiddink over Moyes any day of the week...

The transfer window can't open soon enough.

Ginola saying going to OT was the one place he didn't like coming to but today was different for the visiting team.The fear factor is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I remember saying this back in May and was ridiculed by Utd fans.

Ferguson won't be back... ever.... There's absolutely no chance imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I honestly think the best thing for Moyes is to stop protecting his players and instead tear each player a new one, publicly if necessary. Then half the squad will be unhappy as I don't think the likes of Van Persie have enough respect for him as a manager. The he needs to fully rebuild the team. Not ideal but if he wants to last in the job he needs to get a team who will play for him.

It's a sad state of affairs that these highly paid professionals are not performing. Whether you like the manager or not each one of those players are better than how they've performed.

Come on Moyes, get the hair dryer out and start using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

he would be sacked at any top club right now though the reality is that he would never have got any job in any top club.

the problem is however, Fergie is too stubborn and Woodward too inept to fix this problem. most of us expected it to be bad, but my god this is beyond anything that was imaginable.

it actually couldnt really be any worse, its so bad that if Mike Phelan took over we'd probably be much higher in the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

The way things are going missing out on CL qualification is a real possibility, United could have played for 300 minutes today and still wouldn't have scored. I think Moyes is out of his depth, RVP clearly wasn't fit today and barely got a kick. The Anderson/Zaha subs were pure desperation. Alot of the squad are very average and without Fergie the team isn't punching above its weight anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Every game is now going to be like a cup final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

The hardest thing is we where out passed and out played at home..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If any of the RVP rumours are true then Moyes is in trouble. Results are bad but if your two best players (RVP, Rooney) are talking about leaving then you're in trouble.

• Advertisement

Chagan wrote: »
    We could do with him for the January window at least!

You called?

Harry%20Redknapp-1265542.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement