Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I really ****ing hate seeing the banner at old trafford, Moyes the chosen one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I think the most unimpressed and worried after Moyes appointment didn't expect this.

I still think we can make 4th, but its sad to say that that's as high as we can hope for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Let Moyes last the season (unless we drop into the bottom half) and beg then Klopp to take over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

KH25 wrote: »
    I'm not even angry about the result. I expected it. I have very little confidence in the team anymore.

Same. Its a lot easier to take when you expect defeat.

Moyes, and some of the players are having a disaster.

At the moment Moyes doesn't look like he deserves time. If anything we are regressing at an alarming rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

it actually couldnt really be any worse,

Yeah, it could though...
    its so bad that if Mike Phelan took over we'd probably be much higher in the league.

Yeah, probably not though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Headshot wrote: »
    I really ****ing hate seeing the banner at old trafford, Moyes the chosen one.

It actually makes me laugh. It was cringey when I first saw it, now it's just hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Let Moyes last the season (unless we drop into the bottom half) and beg Klopp to take over

the only reality is a temporary replacement until the summer and then try get in Klop or somebody in that mould.

would Jupp Heynckes be tempted to come out of retirement for a few months i wonder?

its probably all hearsay though, Ferguson is too stubborn to get rid and admit he got it wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Moyes brought on 3 attack minded players but it just seems as if the players couldn't give a fiddlers,it's almost a "you're not Alex" mentality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

the only reality is a temporary replacement until the summer and then try get in Klop or somebody in that mould.

would Jupp Heynckes be tempted to come out of retirement for a few months i wonder?

its probably all hearsay though, Ferguson is too stubborn to get rid and admit he got it wrong.

Is it Fergies call?

Moyes interview now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Not here to wind up anyone;

In all seriousness I think Moyes should be given the bullet. He looks totally lost in the job. From what i've seen performances are getting worse, confidence is shot and the players don't seem to play for him. There are some things he can't be blamed for but despite that I don't think he's the man for the job at all. The longer he's there, the worse it'll get. Man United need to be ruthless and find someone else more worthy of the job.

As for who could step in; off the top of my head I think; Capello, Conte, Montella, Bielsa, Klopp among others.

Midfield has been an issue for years and why it hasn't been addressed is beyond me.

Letting Paul Pogba go was a catastrophic blunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Talking about luck again, **** off

Not confident in what Moyes is saying,a lot of use of the words,hope & try.

Keno wrote: »
    Yeah, it could though...

go on then, how could it be worse? weve only won one game against a top 10 side and the majority of points have come against the teams who will be battling relegation until April.

considering who we are and the fact that we are champions, how could being in a position to be in 11th place if we lose next weekend, be any worse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Moyes needs to gain the players respect ASAP. Not sure how but he has to do it somehow

10k post

20 times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

On my way back to my car. Thoroughly disappointed. No positives to be taken at all really.

The players are getting off lightly. Nobody is taking any responsibility out there.

Jones and Cleverly aren't good enough ball players to play in the centre. The midfield was non-existant. Pathetic display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Transition? ****ing cop out at this stage youve taken the champions and led them towards bottom of the table.

chelsea and city changed managers too. They seem to be "transitioning" fine.

:mad:

One thing I said about Moyes early on was how bad he is with the press. Words like hopefully and we'll try are just not the right message

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Not here to wind up anyone;

In all seriousness I think Moyes should be given the bullet. He looks totally lost in the job. From what i've seen performances are getting worse, confidence is shot and the players don't seem to play for him. There are some things he can't be blamed for but despite that I don't think he's the man for the job at all.

As for who could step in; off the top of my head I think; Capello, Conte, Montella, Bielsa, Klopp among others.

Midfield has been an issue for years and why it hasn't been addressed is beyond me.

Letting Paul Pogba go was a catastrophic blunder.

I really think that it is time for him to go. The longer we wait the worse it will get. I dont think that we will even make 4th. Be lucky to get UEFA really . We should be beating the likes of Everton and Newcastle at home what ever about away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Clear out badly needed and new managers players brought in, a thorough transition but will Moyes be given the time to do it ?? Moyes making out we've been unlucky and not far off in recent games ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Moyes needs to gain the players respect ASAP. Not sure how but he has to do it somehow

The players need to get the finger out. They are playing for the EPL champions, they should act like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

One of the worst performances I've seen from a United team at Old Trafford, absolutely dreadful. It will be a real struggle to make the Europa League at this rate.

Fergie should take some flak for not sorting out the midfield before he left. Twice we were embarrassed by Barcelona in CL finals mainly thanks to our crap midfield, and to fix things he splashes 16m on bloody Ashley Young!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Clear out badly needed and new managers players brought in, a thorough transition but will Moyes be given the time to do it ?? Moyes making out we've been unlucky and not far off in recent games ??

He brought in fellaini for 28M and decided to put phil jones in CM instead.

He doesnt know how to do it at all, look at what happened in summer? we got robbed for that donkey fellani.

We need somebody with a plan who knows who we need and goes and gets them.

Blaming the transition once again. I ****ing hate that argument. You are managing the current PL winners and you have a whole summer to buy players but instead you bought a very average player. We knew it was going to be rough but this isnt a transition so to speak. Its just an average manager, managing one of the biggest teams in the world, what would you expect? Its really turning out like what I thought it would. Its been an awful appointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

NukaCola wrote: »
    The players need to get the finger out. They are playing for the EPL champions, they should act like it.

That's the problem I think. Moyes seems to have that mentality too.

Without Ferguson, they don't have that supreme force of will to drive them forward. And it shows.

Is it Fergies call?

would say so yes. Fergie is running that club IMO especially considering that Woodward is only just in the door.

the only way i can see him getting the boot, is if the Glazers step in, but by all accounts, they dont get involved.

its hard to know how Woodward would react, his comments about having the money to survive bad times and that people would still come anyway suggests that he doesnt care much about on the pitch matters as long as the bank balance is good. in saying that, if money starts to drop and a few people start tapping him on the shoulder, he could react.

chelsea and city winning already to make matters worse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Rene Meulensteen was a serious loss aswell... People dont understand what he gave united he's one of the best coaches in the world...
    I think Moyes was the right man but i feel he should have kept some of Sir Alex back team staff.

Im not sure where we should go from here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Reading into what a manager says in a post match interview is kinda silly.

City 1 up already
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Moneymaker wrote: »

Capello: Won't leave Russia with the World Cup next year.

Conte: Juventus are flying in Serie A. No reason to leave.

Montella: lol

Bielsa: No thanks.

Klopp: Won't leave BVB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

chelsea and city winning already to make matters worse :(

Chelsea and City are irrelevant to United this season at this stage. It will take a mini miracle to even get near 4th.

Reading into what a manager says in a post match interview is kinda silly.

Fergie would have never used the language that Moyes used,even if we were poor,he'd have blamed somebody else and not used the words,"luck,hope,try" in every sentence.Moyes just doesn't inspire confidence in what he says.No air of defiance about him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

What's that banner they have "for every manc a reason" or something like that?

Given the present situation, they maybe better reverting to the original lyric "forget everything and remember"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

People saying "Give him the transfer window". Why have you faith he can improve the team?

My worry, right now, is that a transfer window could see the likes of Rooney, RVP, Hernandez and Kagawa minimum heading off, and he won't get players of their level or quality in.

So honestly, right now, I hope he doesn't get the transfer window. He's had a few months and taken the team back leaps and bounds, so I have no trust he won't continue to do that if given a window.

"Stamp his mark on the team?" No thanks. I don't want him near the transfer decisions right now....

Chelsea and City are irrelevant to United this season at this stage. It will take a mini miracle to even get near 4th.

Exactly. They are on a different planet altogether. We are challenging for 4th with the likes of Spurs and pool. Its quite sad to even acknowledge this.

Palace are winning,they could move to within 2 wins of us with a win,that's how bad things have become.

elius wrote: »
    I think Moyes was the right man/

question for you as i have seen many say this, but ive never got a good answer.

why was Moyes the right man for the job?

and a few more...

do you still think he is the right man and if so, why?

would he have got the job of Chelsea, City, Arsenal or any of the teams who will be in the last 16 draw?

do you think we would we be 9th in the league, if a proper world class manager came in?

for the past 6 months we keep hearing about Moyes being the right man and all this, but nobody seems to know why apart from the fact he stayed 11 years at a club who won f*ck all.

the damage Moyes is doing to this club could take years to repair if the club doesnt sort this out now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I spent all summer singing "In Moyes We Trust" both on here and in person to fans I met, but never did expect United to be 9th in the table. I think it's too late mid-season to drop Moyes for someone else. However, if someone of quality suddenly became available then I think United should pounce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

With every poor result/display the chances of Rooney leaving are increasing.

The board need to look at the bigger picture and move swiftly and remove Moyes.

The players have to take some of the blame because they just aren't that bad, no matter what anyone says. But they are performing poorly under Moyes. He just has to go.

I now honestly believe the longer he is there the more damage will be done to the club.

People saying "Give him the transfer window". Why have you faith he can improve the team?

My worry, right now, is that a transfer window could see the likes of Rooney, RVP, Hernandez and Kagawa minimum heading off, and he won't get players of their level or quality in.

So honestly, right now, I hope he doesn't get the transfer window. He's had a few months and taken the team back leaps and bounds, so I have no trust he won't continue to do that if given a window.

"Stamp his mark on the team?" No thanks. I don't want him near the transfer decisions right now....

your dead right, give moyes time and were looking at a possibility of:

Rooney
    RVP
    Chico
    Evra
    Ferdinand
    Vidic

all leaving.

Whose going to come in?

Well, Looking at moyes history, Ive no belief well get quality to replace these and well overpay ala fellaini. It really is bad and noway am I happy with the thoughts of moyes "stamping a team" to play for manchester united. The thoughts of him spending hundreds of millions is scarey TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How will the Glazers feel with no Champions League next year, it's a real possibility. What will that do to finances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

zerks wrote: »
    Fergie would have never used the language that Moyes used,even if we were poor,he'd have blamed somebody else and not used the words,"luck,hope,try" in every sentence.Moyes just doesn't inspire confidence in what he says.No air of defiance about him.
    I'm assuming he doesn't walk around the dressing room patting the boys on the back of the head saying unlucky, these things happen but at least we tried. What Moyes, Fergie or any manager says in a post match interview is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. It's fairly obvious that he was pissed during todays but it achieves nothing at all if he comes out shouting and screaming at how **** we've been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

1461016_10153541499715307_1457469181_n.jpg

zerks wrote: »
    Palace are winning,they could move to within 2 points of us with a win,that's how bad things have become.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Headshot wrote: »
    Exactly. They are on a different planet altogether. We are challenging for 4th with the likes of Spurs and pool. Its quite sad to even acknowledge this.

The reality is, you're not challenging for 4th with Spurs and Pool. Everton and Southampton are ahead of yous in that conversation. They're all playing better football, and United will need to step up a level before they can think about Europa League, never mind 4th.

It's this kind of attitude -- that an appalling United team which has already dropped almost as many points by the first week of December as they had during the entirety of the previous season are realistic challengers for 4th -- that could lead to the club sleepwalking to irrelevancy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I spent all summer singing "In Moyes We Trust" both on here and in person to fans I met, but never did expect United to be 9th in the table. I think it's too late mid-season to drop Moyes for someone else. However, if someone of quality suddenly became available then I think United should pounce.

It's not too late. It could be too late in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Chagan wrote: »

This squad desperately needs to be cleared out and rebuilt.

It wasnt long ago that many regular posters on here were saying it was the strongest Utd squad of all time !

I know I was scoffed at and derided last season when I said it was the worst team in 15 years and also said to be mad when I said Utd would do very well to finish 2nd when Moyes was appointed.

Ferguson squeezed the last drop out of that team last season to win the league .
    How many games at the start of the season did he turn around from losing positions ?
    The central midfield was left deteriorate for far too long .
    Alot of players in other positions are badly out of form too ,positions that masked the glaring cracks in midfield for a number of years.
    Alot of Utds success in recent years came primarily from being solid at the back and not playing the open football that preceded .

Ferguson went out on a high as he knew Chelsea and Man City would improve this season under better managers and not capitulate like last season.

The defence is now creaking due to age,injuries and players form. Ferdinand is past it,Vidic doesnt look himself ,Smalling is not good enough and two of the regular played wingers ,Valencia and Young are nowhere near good enough for the club .
    Young was a bad buy from day one ,£18m wasted that could have been used towards buying a quality central midfielder.

Is there any logic to Utd even playing with wingers at the moment considering the central midfielders never get near the opposing penalty box and Rooney is often playing deep ,there is nobody making runs into the opponents box .

Moyes has a 2 fold dilemma ,the players he has arent good enough but alot of them are also bang out of form .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Moyes is making it difficult to get excited about matches :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement