Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ericzeking wrote: »
    Can't believe posters and there have been a few, who want us to do even worse to try and force through a manager change....it really is poor form and makes such little sense.

can you give reasons to keep him apart from "who else is there"? the only think i can think of apart from this is that we may pick up 15 points in our next 5 games and that takes us into January to sign 2 or 3 new players, but can you say for sure we will get those points and, players will want to play for us?

answer me a question, simple yes or no - has Moyes so far lived up to your expectations or more to the point, has he done a good job?

sentiment and the willingness to support the team no matter what was the reason i refused to ask for his head before today, but now ive had enough, too much damage is being done and i am not sure he has the skills, experience and the cop on to stop it.

im over again on Tuesday and ill still support him 100% but its just for the sake of it now, i have no faith or interest in him. ive never been as sicked with the club as i have been in the past 4 days.

edit: i misread your post about us losing games to get him out....that of course is mindless idiocy, but you can also see that a huge chunk of the fans have given up and are only supporting him to save their own face in front of others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

If Moyes can have a decent January, get the team playing well and winning games they should be winning and finish up in 3rd/4th spot, would that qualify as a successful season (or mini-season from now) based on where we are now and how we've performed so far?

I would say that it does which is what makes me curious as to the thinking behind those who think the best thing to happen would be to finish at least 4th and then get rid of Moyes:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Cleverley getting absolute dogs abuse on twitter, way worse than even Gibson got. A number of players times are up, today was literally the last straw for some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

answer me a question, simple yes or no - has Moyes so far lived up to your expectations or more to the point, has he done a good job?
    I've been supportive of Moyes and still would be, probably out of blind faith and a sense of loyalty more than anything else at this stage tbh. The simple answer to your question is No, he hasn't lived up to my expectations nor do I think he has done a particularly great job overall.

I still don't want to see us go out and get beat every week between now and January just so he's sacked though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

I thought Moyes post match comment was bizarre.........that this is a period of transition, fair enough, then saying that this is the same group of players that won the league last year. Was he having a go at the players there ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

United need a major clear out in the next two transfer windows.

Young
    Anderson
    WelBeck
    Valencia
    Giggs
    Cleverley
    Ferdinand
    Bebe
    Buttner
    Macheda
    Evra going too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

RobertKK wrote: »

Young
    Anderson
    WelBeck
    Valencia
    Giggs
    Cleverley
    Ferdinand
    Bebe
    Buttner
    Macheda
    Evra going too

There's a big job to rebuild the team. What do you reckon is needed urgently? 2 CM's at a minimum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

None of the players live in Manchester. They live about 10 miles away in possibly the most affluent area in the country - Wilmslow and Hale.

Yep, nothing wrong with Wilmslow area, I'm not far from it and visit it fairly regularly. Would be similar to most of the London based players, any of them with families won't be living in swanky city centre pads, they'll be living outside the city.
    Manchester itself I don't know why it gets such bad rep. I love it, Dublin is a kip in comparison. Much trendier bars and restaurants for a start. Maybe just fans travelling over on a day trip and getting pissed in some pos grotty pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Raymond Verheijen sticking the knife into Moyes and the coaches again on Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Young
    Anderson
    WelBeck
    Valencia
    Giggs
    Cleverley
    Ferdinand
    Bebe
    Buttner
    Macheda
    Evra going too
    11 players? wtf? You going to add the groundsmen to the squad list to make up the numbers?
    What clubs gets rid of that many players in quick succession?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This thread on Redcafe made me laugh, basically poking fun at ourselves through the medium of Christmas carols...

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/its-christmas-time.380491/
    Jingle Bells
    Moyesy smells
    Robin wants away
    Oh what fun
    It is to watch
    Every fúcking Saturday.

Immature but :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Young
    Anderson
    WelBeck
    Valencia
    Giggs
    Cleverley
    Ferdinand
    Bebe
    Buttner
    Macheda
    Evra going too

No way will the club be getting rid of 11 players in a six month period.

I have crossed out the ones that I would say definitely won't be leaving in the next 12 months. Giggs will probably retire and there are rumours Evra wants to leave, so who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

Raymond Verheijen sticking the knife into Moyes and the coaches again on Twitter.

What's he saying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

s.welstead wrote: »
    11 players? wtf? You going to add the groundsmen to the squad list to make up the numbers?
    What clubs gets rid of that many players in quick succession?

Tbf Giggs, Evra and Ferdy are too old. Need to retire and move on. Young, Anderson and Macheda have had more than ample time to make a name at United. They have failed. (Young hasn't had that much time but he got a lot of gametime and has done little else but dive) Personally, I hate seeing Welbz and Clevz on the teamsheet and my heart says they should go. But my head says, Welbeck at least, may develop some amount of skill that merits a squad place at United

Danye wrote: »
    What's he saying?

https://twitter.com/raymondverheije

Too much effort to post/embed everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

can you give reasons to keep him apart from "who else is there"? the only think i can think of apart from this is that we may pick up 15 points in our next 5 games and that takes us into January to sign 2 or 3 new players, but can you say for sure we will get those points and, players will want to play for us?

sentiment and the willingness to support the team no matter what was the reason i refused to ask for his head before today, but now ive had enough, too much damage is being done and i am not sure he has the skills, experience and the cop on to stop it.

im over again on Tuesday and ill still support him 100% but its just for the sake of it now, i have no faith or interest in him. ive never been as sicked with the club as i have been in the past 4 days.

edit: i misread your post about us losing games to get him out....that of course is mindless idiocy, but you can also see that a huge chunk of the fans have given up and are only supporting him to save their own face in front of others

No he hasn't lived up to expectations and i dont think hes done a great job, obviously, but I do think there have been positives which a lot of people are quick to overlook when they are reeling after the results.
    I've been plenty critical in my post match posts.

I wouldn't like him to be sacked now though. I still think he can turn it around, things change very quickly in soccer as I said there have been positives as well as an inordinate amount of bad luck and injuries. I'm hopeful the direction of the January window will give us cause for optimism...in the context of progress in the sense that we might buy some exciting players. I know your going to come back and say they should have done that in the summer... But at least they bought a CM, even if he is struggling to settle.

I would have been in the 2season minimum camp, however I do find it quite worrying that some of the performances, particularly from senior players, have lacked any sort of spirit whatsoever although I'm not altogether sure this is a personal thing with Moyes. As was mentioned above the players have gone on a post Ferguson holier which may have happened with almost any new manager.
    I want him to clamp down on this atitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

funny enough that you should bring your buddy up. i was looking through some old posts and i seen this gem from you before the window closed -

so funny enough you jump up like a salmon everytime i slag off Woodie, but the transfer window you keep defending him over, 1. is only a 4 out of 10 from you. well now, thats certainly embarassing for you aint it? i think its very strange that you get so wound up about Woodie, when you ranked his performance as very poor.

also, on multiple occasions 2. youve had a go a me and others over our claim that we turned down Ozil and you called me on it, saying id nothing to back it up and i heard it from my "mates".....funningly enough, one of the first people to bring it up, was yourself.

indeed, 3. youve also had multiple goes at me over Thiago also, saying the deal was never on and i am wrong saying Moyes pulled out of it....funningly enough, i came accross this post from one of your best buddies in mid June, claiming (like practically every other outlet in europe) that the deal was done.

days later, moyes said about Thiago "he is not a priority"......

i suggest you stop trying to have cheap digs at people and from now on, start concentrating on yourself.

What a desperate post, its sad really that you'd have to make up such junk, worse is I'm sure you think its true

1. I have always maintained Moyes and Woodward didn't do a great job in the transfer window and yes 4/10 is about right. Nothings changed there, I said as much the last couple of days. This has nothing do with me calling you out when you and others say he is a buffon or didn't want to pay for Cesc and make up other various lies and the claim its the opinion of the majority of the thread.

2. I never had a go at you because we turned down Ozil. I dare you to find one post where I did. I had a go at you for saying Moyes tunred him and others down because he didn't rate him and Thiago and God knows who else
    Originally Posted by homerjay2005
    not good enough, according to Moyes. We didnt need Thiago or Ozil either according to him and "god knows who else".

Its pretty obvious your clutching at straws here and trying to twist what you said and what was said to you

When asked for a source on any of that again you failed to produce one, considering its petty slagging of our manager and all made up it would be hard for you to produce anything.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057030855&page=424

I also said we have Rooney and Kagawa in the Ozil position, another reason why Moyes didn't buy him. I'm well aware JMoyes was offered and didn't buy him.

3. You are saying Moyes pulled out of the Thiago deal yet you also claimed he didn't rate him enough? You can't even stick to one lie. Moyes is going to try make a deal for a player he thinks we don't need? Its hard for you keeping track of your bs I bet.

I always said Thiago was Bayern bound because of Pep's influence. I never claimed the deal wasn't on, I said no matter what we did Thiago was Bayern bound. I'm sure if it wasn't for that interest he would be playing for us. So yet again your lying about what I said

Do you notice a trend here? Its when you make crap up you get called out on it. The other day Woodward was a pennypinching overspender. Your posts on Moyes and Woodward lack coherence and offer nothing to the thread except to stir sh1te and demonstrate that you'll throw a child like strop when we don't sign players.

This post is further evidence of how weak your grip on reality is and how you'll lie and contradict your lies to make some bs point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

United need a German.

They're all the go these days.

I had a thought during the week after the Everton game that Martinez has been so successful stamping his authority on the Everton squad despite him stepping up to manage bigger players, players that were maybe 'bigger' than him...Moyes needs to put his stamp on the team...drop someone, take no sh!t. Evra would be an obvious candidate to lay down a marker with.

I did feel just a little guilty when I contemplated Martinez as our manager...

Can't believe posters and there have been a few, who want us to do even worse to try and force through a manager change....it really is poor form and makes such little sense.

Glad you used the word poster and not fan. Anyone would wishes that is not a UTD fan but an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Evra would be an obvious candidate to lay down a marker with.

I did feel just a little guilty when I contemplated Martinez as our manager...

Good point.

Anyone think Fabio should be brought in?

He obviously has the talent (genetically identical to Raf), so if he's not injured, I don't see the harm in playing him in the remaining CL group game and C1 Cup.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Its probably a lot simpler than clear outs and sacking Moyes tomorrow.

Either Moyes will change things from what he started with or United will change him. I think we shouldn't just assume that Moyes will just stick with something that isn't working. If he does then good luck and goodbye but I think he is capable of making changes that will see results.

He is an experienced manager who knows how to win games in the premier league so I think it's still fair to hold an expectation that he will react even if his short time at United doesn't suggest it yet.

His reaction to a poor start was okay and saw a decent unbeaten run (even though it didn't see enough wins). Now poor one nil losses put him in a place that will test him again let's see how he reacts to it because he will be the one tasked with turning things around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

How many years was Moyes signed for? 6 was it?

Costly sacking if done now

6 years yeah but I'm sure there's stipulations in if. For example I'd be confident that in his contract it would say that he would have to secure CL every season. IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Were Newcastle fans singing:

"Van Persie, when the girl says no molest her"

When the lineswoman called his goal offside?

Thanks.

I actually agree with some of what he's saying.

As I said earlier, I do believe there is something to the RVP rumours and this fella isn't plucking this from thin air either.

I didnt watch the game , was working. But did Anita block a goal with his hand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

I may be wrong but I seem to remember reading that more recently managerial contracts generally don't require the payment of the remainder of the contract, but a set amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ah yes, he has had quite the career hasn't he, a bona fide success story, the guy who two days after Gary Speed was buried cause a little storm by saying that he should be the next Wales manager, that it would have been "Garys wish"

Timmyctc wrote: »

Yes, but it was not intentional.

Would have been very very harsh peno.

The hand did stop ball go in, but its clear that he did try chest ball and had his hand behind him.

• Advertisement

Good point.

Anyone think Fabio should be brought in?

He obviously has the talent (genetically identical to Raf), so if he's not injured, I don't see the harm in playing him in the remaining CL group game and C1 Cup.

He would at least show a bit of enthusiasm for the job.

One thing that has bothered me about Moyes is how he has under utilised his squad and stuck with some underperforming established players which is effectively giving licence to them to continue with their sloppy performances borne out of complacency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Yep, Evra header, deflected on to the post, was going in off the post when it hit Anitas arm on the line and came out again

Yes, but it was not intentional.

Would have been very very harsh peno.

The hand did stop ball go in, but its clear that he did try chest ball and had his hand behind him.

Arah, t'would have been a harsh red for sure. But can a ref nor give a peno for an unitentional foul? I.e. someone slipping and impeding an attacket

clutching at straws here and trying to twist what you said and what was said to you

as ive said to you before, i stand over everything ive posted on here about Moyes and Woodward and their failings this summer.

i suggest you start doing the same or else start deleting the posts you make which contradict yourself and stop resorting to petty little insults when things go against you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Handball is only punished if deemed deliberate. Obviously a hand to ball move should be punished. If a player has his hand a down and no time to move out of the way then its not hand ball. If he has time to move or has hands up then its hand ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Danye wrote: »
    Thanks.

I actually agree with some of what he's saying.

one tweet stuck with me:
    If you appoint a coaching staff, that has never won anything, to manage players who have won almost everything, you're asking for trouble.

I think thats pretty valid.

as ive said to you before, i stand over everything ive posted on here about Moyes and Woodward and their failings this summer.

i suggest you start doing the same or else start deleting the posts you make which contradict yourself and stop resorting to petty little insults when things go against you.

Homer really? are you serious, youv'e just seen the proof of you condradicting yourself and then you say that to me.

If it was as simmple as standing over their failings alone I would have no problem with it. I am fine with anyone being Anti Moyes or Woodward as I said numerous times. Its making up stories about how they screwed up based on nothing but imagination that I have a problem with

Anyway I'm sure the thread could do without this back and forth between, just quit with the fairytales and we'll have nothing to argue about

who is this lad and what do people make of him?

its a pretty damning opinion that he has and one that doesnt reflect well on Moyes. logically it makes sense, BUT at the same time it could be complete and utter rubbish and sounds a bit too convenient.

its a pretty damning opinion that he has and one that doesnt reflect well on Moyes. logically it makes sense, BUT at the same time it could be complete and utter rubbish and sounds a bit too convenient.

Isn't this lad unemployed cuz he's fairly useless? I mean. His opinion has about as much clout as yours tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ba6HtKZIcAAzpas.jpg

I'm scared...

Probably just Twitter nonsense...

No Bull**** there.

They really did happen.:eek::eek::eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1921%E2%80%9322_Manchester_United_F.C._season

Best Website for anyone wanting to look back over seasons gone by
    http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/seasonmenu.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

He went short a few times but he failed to do anything of note. Even if he wasn't pressured, I don't think he has the skills to do anything with it.

I'm in agreement. The funny thing is he's the best option out of Anderson, Fellaini, Giggs or Jones for this job when Carrick is out :-o

How shocking a thought is that!

Apart from two fantastic long range passes from him today and the odd darting run into the box, from an attacking point of view he offered nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Best Website for anyone wanting to look back over seasons gone by
    http://www.stretfordend.co.uk/seasonmenu.html

That's a class site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Red Crow wrote: »
    Get off it. Fergie and Gill left us high and dry in the Summer. For years this squad has been crying out for a midfielder and none of them bothered to go out and get one. Also out solid back two of Vidic and Rio are half the players they were at their peak same could be said for Evra. Add to that our crappy wing play and Moyes was left with a team of useless, pathetic players.

Who had 3 months to address but did nothing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Isn't he the same fitness coach that preaches that professional footballers shouldn't train after the preseason because that is what in fact leads to their injuries?

He'd clearly have no personal agenda when talking about a player like RVP getting injured shortly after a new training programme is brought in so ;)

Who had 3 months to address but did nothing....

Who had 3 summers to address things and did nothing though?

Not all Moyes fault.

He's a reasonably respected coach from what I can remember. Think S&C would be his area of expertise.

He seems to know a fair bit about Moyes and his methods which makes you think somebody from within the squad has been talking to him? (RVP being the obvious one)

He was a coach for Holland, South Korea and Russia at various Euros and World Cups throughout the past 15 years.

Was/is a fitness consultant for many clubs including Barcelona, City and Chelsea.

Worked with (still does) Bellamy pretty closely and was pretty heavily acclaimed for helping Bellamy to the most sustained injury free run of his career. Also advises Robben, among other high profile players. Bellamy never shuts up about him really.

Was assistant manager of Wales under Speed but as noted attracted a lot of bad publicity when he claimed it was Speed's wish to see him manage Wales. I don't think that episode discredits him as Kryogen tried to make out. He has been relatively outspoken over Moyes in particular and of the England national team's training methods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I think Evra is still a class player , don't think he should be dropped just for the sake of it.

Midfield is where the issues are.
    Giggs is too old, Cleverly is really not good enough, Anderson is ok but not good enough for United.

Fellaini is decent but needs a run in his new team. Can't see the logic of dropping him from th squad altogether today.

Obviously another midfielder is crucial.

Teams know that they can now play 3 battling midfielders in the middle, and they will dominate United.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement