Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

zerks wrote: »
    Anyone who was at the Arsenal game see if you can find yourself in the crowd.

http://fanpic.huggity.com/245-2013-manutd_arsenal/app/index.php

I'm always in the front row in the Stretford End, can never see myself on that poxy camera! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Can't be bothered looking it up but when is the next International break? Bloody hate them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Can't be bothered looking it up but when is the next International break? Bloody hate them

This is the last of the season, theres a Wednesday friendly in March but most leagues will play the weekend before/after it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Anyone who was at the Arsenal game see if you can find yourself in the crowd.

http://fanpic.huggity.com/245-2013-manutd_arsenal/app/index.php

I love how the linesman in United's half appears twice!
    NUTZZ wrote: »
    I'm always in the front row in the Stretford End, can never see myself on that poxy camera! :mad:

Yeah my seat is in stretty lower and can only ever see myself if they take the pic from the east stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fulham want Anderson and Zaha on loan.Zaha needs games in the PL and as for Ando,we've been over it a thousand times-his time at United is over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Fulham want Anderson and Zaha on loan.Zaha needs games in the PL and as for Ando,we've been over it a thousand times-his time at United is over.

Unless they are going to cover all his wages, not sure what benefit there is to United in loaning out Anderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,379 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Unless they are going to cover all his wages, not sure what benefit there is to United in loaning out Anderson.

Could increase Ando's value a bit I suppose.

I'd be against losing him from the squad anyway - don't like losing players without having replacements and I don't trust United to do the business that would be required in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Is Anderson fully fit at the moment? He's definitely a goner if he is...he looks no where near getting a run in the team.

Always liked him as a player when fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Could increase Ando's value a bit I suppose.

I'd be against losing him from the squad anyway - don't like losing players without having replacements and I don't trust United to do the business that would be required in January.

Giggs is ahead of him, he can be his replacement.

I've made my feeling clear on how unprofessional Anderson is 2 seasons back and nothing has changed.

RasTa wrote: »
    Giggs is ahead of him, he can be his replacement.

I've made my feeling clear on how unprofessional Anderson is 2 seasons back and nothing has changed.
    But we are already using Giggs.

At this point I have no issue with Anderson going - but only if we bring in a player to replace him.

Having him as an option is better than having no option at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

At this point I have no issue with Anderson going - but only if we bring in a player to replace him.

We could buy a shop dummy to replace Anderson for all the role he is playing at the moment.

We could buy a shop dummy to replace Anderson for all the role he is playing at the moment.

And, personally, I dont think that has been good squad management.

I have issues with the way Moyes has not used Fabio, Zaha, Hernandez, Kagawa and Anderson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

And, personally, I dont think that has been good squad management.

I have issues with the way Moyes has not used Fabio, Zaha, Hernandez, Kagawa and Anderson.

He has used Kagawa and Hernandez in fairness.

RasTa wrote: »
    He has used Kagawa and Hernandez in fairness.

Used them - but not as well as I think he should have done - especially during the times we had Rooney or RVP out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Anyone know anything more about this?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/wilfried-zaha-winger-looking-george-best-prime-off-125751841.html?vp=1

Is wild partying the reason zaha has yet to make a meaningful impact at OT?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Anyone know anything more about this?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/wilfried-zaha-winger-looking-george-best-prime-off-125751841.html?vp=1

Is wild partying the reason zaha has yet to make a meaningful impact at OT?

Think its just the English media stirring sh1te again

Surely he is allowed to celebrate his 21st.

Played a full game last night for the England U21s,anyone here watch it?

How did he play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

He was rubbish. He has something but if he doesn't get a bit of sense and stop over doing everything, he won't amount to anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Jones starts at CB for england, Rooney up front. Nani starts for Portugal.
    Evans playing for NI in Turkey and i assume Evra starts for France.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Tbh, to be fair we havent a balls notion how Fab and Zaha get on in training whatsoever, they could look awful for all we know, Moyes probably has reason to leave them out. Hernandez has the toughest people for which to compete with places with and Anderson is long gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Tbh, to be fair we havent a balls notion how Fab and Zaha get on in training whatsoever, they could look awful for all we know, Moyes probably has reason to leave them out. Hernandez has the toughest people for which to compete with places with and Anderson is long gone.

to be honest to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

sea_monkey wrote: »
    to be honest to be fair

To be fair at the end of the day
    en2706leedb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Nani's done alright so far.

Full-time. Nani was one of Portugal's better performers on the night. He kept going and was a threat from time to time though you'd have to acknowledge that his final product didn't deliver. 6/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Phil Jones has picked up a groin injury playing for England this evening. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

khedira has been linked, he did his cruciate last night, so probably won't be a winter target any more

Headshot wrote: »
    He was rubbish. He has something but if he doesn't get a bit of sense and stop over doing everything, he won't amount to anything

We used to have a young lad who played the same way when he joined,he's not doing too badly now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

khedira has been linked, he did his cruciate last night, so probably won't be a winter target any more

Thank God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

We used to have a young lad who played the same way when he joined,he's not doing too badly now.

He was one in a million though

1 in 85.3 million in fact

kryogen wrote: »
    Thank God

Gundongan it is so. \:)/

Gundongan it is so. \:)/

Or Madrid will up their interest in Gundogan now that Kheidera is out, so we miss out on two targets!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Khedira would undoubtedly be a major improvement on what we have but I just think we need to aim higher first.

No insult to his ability but settling for Madrid's scraps while we probably fund a move from them for Gundogan just doesn't seem right.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My worry is the fact they turned down an offer of 40m for him already. I think if we're going to spend 40,+ on our midfield, there's more intelligent investments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 3m
    Kagawa vs Holland:
    79 pass 79 complete (100%)
    11 goal chance create
    1 assist
    This what Kagawa do in hole Moyes.

LET KAGAWA IN YOUR HOLE!

Can anyone confirm these stats??? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,652 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Well it would be a bit hard since he was on the bench for 46 minutes

So if its true he is a god? is that what ur trying to say :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'd be a bit hard if he did all that in 44 minutes

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote: »
    I'd be a bit hard if he did all that in 44 minutes

To an extent he did, depends what you define as chance created

It looked to me that he created 8 good chances but others could say more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Any body watch the Portugal game, Nani was absolutely shocking, amazing he stayed on the pitch for the entire game.

He seems to have reverted to 2008 Nani, what the hell as happened to him..

bullvine wrote: »
    Any body watch the Portugal game, Nani was absolutely shocking, amazing he stayed on the pitch for the entire game.

He's a lazy mofo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

He was doing better than Ronaldo for most of the match in fairness.

He had a bad game and was still a thousand times better than Valencia

Nani has always needed a run of games to find form, yesterday was his first game in 3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

If Nani was given a consistent run in his best position on the right wing I'm convinced he would do the business for us. Instead we persist with the impotent Valencia who offers practically nothing going forward.

He is the best winger at the club by a country mile but Moyes seems to love the safety of his workhorse instead. It's like we're playing with 2 right backs when Valencia plays. I love Valencia's professionalism but I hate what he brings to the team. His days of being a marauding threatening winger are done IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Ronaldo was pants as well in fairness.

what the hell as happened to him..

He hasn't been given a run of games in two years, and still isn't being given a run of games, so its hardly a shock that he isn't playing as he can.

If Nani was given half the amount of chances that waste of space Valencia has been given over the last two years then we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The FA have announced that Jones is injured now.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Kagawa's performance vs. Holland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjbU3v-lv4

The problem with Nani is when he does get a game he doesn't work hard like valencia does, if he wasn't such a lazy player he would be in the team.
    He is not reliable.

To an extent he did, depends what you define as chance created

It looked to me that he created 8 good chances but others could say more.

Have only got to 5 minutes in but everybody go to 4:45 in that video and tell me RVP doesn't need that kind of service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yeah, thought that myself. That's what we're missing when RVP or Hernandez is playing up front. The ability to see a pass and pick the right moment to release the ball.

Nolars wrote: »
    The problem with Nani is when he does get a game he doesn't work hard like valencia does, if he wasn't such a lazy player he would be in the team.
    He is not reliable.

In other news, its reported that in their F1 cars next season Ferrari are going to use a Massey 35 engine as it is very reliable and works hard.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement