Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Discodog wrote: »
    I would love to know the performance criteria part of Moyes's contract.

You would never employ a manager in business & say take your time, don't worry about the results.

I agree. There has to be a minimum level of achievement. In the last 6 years United have either won the league or been 1 point off the winner in 2nd place.

Getting into the top 4 simply has to be the absolute minimum expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

A small positive from the weekend is that the gap between top and bottom in terms of quality is closing and the opportunity is there to make ground on the league leaders with a good run. I am guessing Moyes will not play his strongest team on Tuesday so as to be ready for Villa, so the response next weekend and over Xmas will tell if the players believe in Moyes or not.
    Watched Arsenal v Everton there and the effort put in by both teams & the belief was something I did not see with United yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Any Barcelona players we could get on loan like Everton have Deulofeu? Sergi Roberto perhaps? Tello?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Marca reporting that Madrid have accepted a €35 million bid from Monaco for Di Maria.
    If true then there's another scratched off the list of possible transfer targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Zico wrote: »
    You are joking right?

It's not a cornershop he's been asked to manage it's the biggest sporting team on the planet. He'll only get til the end of the season because Fergie personally backed him. He won't be in charge next season if Utd miss out on the Champions League and that's just the reality of the job he has.

No it's not, one of the biggest maybe but not the biggest.

I don't care if he's given two years or not, I think he will be though. I think Man U's form under Moyes will get better in the latter half of the season and they could still get a top 4 place. Even if they don't - unless things go completely pair shaped - I think they'll back him next the summer and he'll be given another season. He's Ferguson's choice, Ferguson will ensure that he gets another season at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Villa vs Us
    City vs Arsenal
    Liverpool play Spurs
    Newcastle play Southampton

Us vs West Ham
    Arsenal vs Chelsea
    Southampton vs Spurs

Us vs Hull
    Liverpool vs City

Us vs Norwich
    Everton vs Southampton
    Chelsea vs Liverpool

Someone posted that on Redcafe. Showing our favourable games and the other big teams games. If after that period of four games, we're not at least 2-3 points away from 4th, Moyes has to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Fellaini played with Everton (most of the time)off the front striker.
    He now plays as a holding midfielder.
    He was never that deep at Everton.

A complete change in how he lines out. And he looks lost as a result.
    Dont know how long it would take him to get used to that role but he has failed thus far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Dont know how long it would take him to get used to that role but he has failed thus far.

He plays there for Belgium all the time. Also, it's his favourite position.....

His performances will improve when the team starts performing better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I thought he only played off the front man at Everton in his last season, when they were short of front players and played in midfield for the majority of his career there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Lennonist wrote: »
    No it's not, one of the biggest maybe but not the biggest.

Who's claiming more than 350m fans now then?

The figures are a load of rubbish but now I'm curious what team is claiming to have even more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

adox wrote: »
    I thought he only played off the front man at Everton in his last season, when they were short of front players and played in midfield for the majority of his career there?

That's true, he was a proper box-to-box midfielder most of his time there. Moyes brought him to Everton specifically for that role and for his heading/tackling stats. Dunno why he's looked a shadow of himself so far but to be fair he's not the only Utd player going through that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Zico wrote: »
    Who's claiming more than 350m fans now then?

The figures are a load of rubbish but now I'm curious what team is claiming to have even more than that.

Real Madrid and Yankees are the only teams who can claim to be bigger than United. Barcelona, Cowboys would also be huge but not as big as United imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    It's all moyes fault. He was handed superb squad with only CM issues to address and he did **** all.

Not sure why people are talking as if the squad is poor or average. These very same players won the league with so much ease.

This makes me laugh. On one hand saying we have a superb squad and the other saying we need CM players. Which is it ?

OPs on here saying a blind man could see that we needed midfielders and Moyes done fcuk all about addressing it. Well open yeer eyes. They are the same players Fergie has been has been looking at for the last 3 r 4 years and he done nothing to change it only bringing Scholes out of retirement. And he was one of our better CMs in that space of time. Moyes had 10 weeks to come in asses the squad and brought in a central midfielder who unfortunately hasnt worked out yet. But at least he moved to address the problem, a problem he shouldnt have been left with.

OPs on slating Moyes saying this is a team that won the league easily last season but he didnt bring in more players in the summer. Well maybe he thought there was no need to disrupt it too much. The problem is there wasnt and arent that many quality CMs available. Thiago was always going to Bayern and Barca changed manager at the wrong time IMO which meant Fabergas staying. As regards Strootman well Fergie had plenty of time to sign him and he didnt either, Sneijder likewise. If Fergie gave Pogba a chance we may not have needed a midfielder

I think the first thing Moyes has to do in Jan is to show 2 or 3 players the door. Too many of them are in the comfort zone. They have the medals and the money and are in a comfort zone. One or two heads rolling may wake them up.

For the record i wasnt happy with Moyes getting the job in the first place, but he has it now and I think he needs to be given a chance. What happens if we replace him and the next guy is no better. Sack him after 6 months??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Roberto Martinez: "The point at The Emirates tonight means more than the three points at Old Trafford"

ouch :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Roberto Martinez: "The point at The Emirates tonight means more than the three points at Old Trafford"

ouch :(

**** him and the horse he rode in on.

Ill enjoy seeing them plummet down the table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A lot of people kicking United while they're down hopefully they'll be regretting it come the end of the season.

If it doesn't spur the players on I don't know what will

WTF:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

zerks wrote: »
    WTF:eek:

Some fans truly baffle me with their obsession with football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

apologies if already posted, but Evans is the latest player to come out and speak.
    "The lads have lost a bit of confidence. You can tell that with the possession and creativity," said Evans.

"Players maybe are not playing how they naturally would. That happens when your confidence drops."

The Old Trafford club have struggled in the top flight this season under David Moyes, who took over in the summer following the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson.

Kagawa a few weeks back, Hernandez apparently not happy, Rio during the week, now Evans, added to the RVP rumours this is all looking horrible for Moyes.

would love to know what the club really think of this.

• Advertisement

KH25 wrote: »
    Some fans truly baffle me with their obsession with football.

The guy obviously had other stuff going on that isn't being reported. I'd be very shocked if a football match on its own tipped anyone over the edge.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The guy obviously had other stuff going on that isn't being reported. I'd be very shocked if a football match on its own tipped anyone over the edge.

Oh without a doubt you're right there. But at the end of the day its just a game. Some people take it far too seriously, like that guy from Uganda (I think) who bet his house on the Arsenal v United game.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

A lot of people seem to enjoy kicking United & their supporters when there down, i've always heard people say ''rule Man United out at your own peril'', hopefully that'll ring true after the busy Christmas period,

The players should be held accountable for the massive dip in form, though Moyes can be partially held accountable, he'll have to strengthen in January, then strengthen again in the Summer while clearing out the deadwood - Ashley Young and Anderson being 2 who'll definitely have to be shipped out

Oh without a doubt you're right there. But at the end of the day its just a game. Some people take it far too seriously, like that guy from Uganda (I think) who bet his house on the Arsenal v United game.

I'd say he had gambling issues rather than football related ones! granted I don't know the full story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

apologies if already posted, but Evans is the latest player to come out and speak.

Kagawa a few weeks back, Hernandez apparently not happy, Rio during the week, now Evans, added to the RVP rumours this is all looking horrible for Moyes.

We'll have to wait for the next instalment of Mark Lawrensons fly on the wall show.

I'd say he had gambling issues rather than football related ones! granted I don't know the full story

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/257473.html

Link if you're interested. I know often there will be other issues involved but I think we all know at least 1 person who is just too into their team.

• Advertisement

Good piece here about the way United are playing at the moment.

http://thepeoplesperson.com/the-tactical-genius-of-david-moyes/

Link if you're interested. I know often there will be other issues involved but I think we all know at least 1 person who is just too into their team.
    According to Uganda's The Observer newpaper, Henry Dhabasani staked his two-room house in a bet with friend Rashid Yiga, who in turn staked his wife and his Toyota Premio car that David Moyes' side would emerge victorious in the Premier League clash.

:eek:

zerks wrote: »
    Good piece here about the way United are playing at the moment.

http://thepeoplesperson.com/the-tactical-genius-of-david-moyes/

Spot on about the wide men creating little. Wing play seems to be the focal point of the attack at the minute but if it doesn't work then there is no plan B.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

'Johnny Evans in loosing team lack confidence shocker' ...nothing to see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

According to Uganda's The Observer newpaper, Henry Dhabasani staked his two-room house in a bet with friend Rashid Yiga, who in turn staked his wife and his Toyota Premio car that David Moyes' side would emerge victorious in the Premier League clash.

Does that count as a suspicious betting pattern?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

If Utd lose their next league game I'll probably think about fcuking myself off a balcony too

Villa and stoke away next 2 league games. Not confident in either of them! Padlock the balcony doors lads!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

now we are bad but mg if we lose to villa that just takes the biscuit tbh

Headshot wrote: »
    now we are bad but mg if we lose to villa that just takes the biscuit tbh

Spanked arsenal first game of season, won't be easy anyway. We are due to give a league team a good hiding. Hopefully it's stoke or villa. A 5-0 win would be nice to boost the confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

*Insert bitchy rant here*

*Insert random moan here*

*Say something about the squad winning last year here*

*Insert bad Moyes joke here*

Just going along with the current trend :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Danger Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

Had a chuckle at this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Where else in the world would you get this kind of ****e going on. One puts his gaf up for grabs and the other puts his wife up (though one of many I'm sure), jesus christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Did any of ye leave before the end of the Newcastle debacle? Well, I didn't......and I never will......come hell or high water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

]
    Where else in the world would you get this kind of ****e going on. One puts his gaf up for grabs and the other puts his wife up (though one of many I'm sure), jesus christ.

No mention of them betting their soccer forum access though. Amateurs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Hitchens wrote: »
    Did any of ye leave before the end of the Newcastle debacle? Well, I didn't......and I never will......come hell or high water!

Dare I say it Moyes is starting to lose the fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

If say it's 50/50 right now, I thought he would get a hiding at full time tbh.

starting to look that way, though Moyes is lucky the Tunnel is at the Stretford end because he was clapped and sang off both days this week which is giving him the impression that the fans are 100% behind him. other parts of the ground are booing at full time.

Fergie is on holidays in Dubai at the moment with his wife, doubt he was at the game on Saturday (unless of course he only arrived there yesterday after the game) nor will be there tomorrow night so i guess he has no idea that certain parts of the fans are starting to turn against him and that some of the players are starting to speak out.
    beno619 wrote: »

dont think that will ever happen, theres an element of our fans that support the club no matter what and this will always be there. even if people want him out,they wont do it in public, for many reasons. of course you will always get people who boo at full time, always get people who shout abuse at him, but these will normally be few and far between and it wont last long.

im at the end of my tether with him and wouldnt be sad to see him gone, BUT ill be at the game tomorrow night and ill still support him 100% and will continue to do so for every game that i go to. i would imagine it would be the same for most.

have to admit, i did laugh at this one.

BbCKszJIUAAFgnd.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

beno619 wrote: »

Nah I expected the half boo's, I think it was posted before but the stretford end would never boo, that still the case?

Edit: Just seen Homers post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I expected Boo-urns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Nah I expected the half boo's, I think it was posted before but the stretford end would never boo, that still the case?

i dont think they should and certainly i agree with the statement earlier that i wouldnt walk out.

at the end of the day as has been said not all blame lies on moyes shoulders. the team and subs made on saturday were as you would have expected from fergie.

there is a whole load of people to blame. the senior players need to step up and lead by example on saturday the only 2 who seemed to have fight in them were a 18yo(adnan) and a 20 yo(jones). sure you can say its up to the manager to motivate them but there are players there old enough to get up for the last 4 games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What are thoughts about Shaktar tomorrow then?

Typically, I'd have thought it a good game to try new tactics and give some fringe players a chance to prove themselves, but wonder if Moyes will be so scared of losing now, he'll be trying his strongest team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

have to admit, i did laugh at this one.

I know that this is meant to be taken in good humour, but I don't think this kind of stuff helps. What Moyes is or isn't doing is none of Ferguson's business to be honest.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement