Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Moyes is so bad with the press.

Too man hopefullys and doubting answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

No match thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    No match thread?

There is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lawrenson

"Rafael...he hasnt started many games for United...Moyes maybe not convinced"

Absolute bellend, stream going on mute

Aertv.ie btw for lads who for some reason don't have TV3, free service that provides terrestrial stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

TheDoc wrote: »
    Lawrenson

"Rafael...he hasnt started many games for United...Moyes maybe not convinced"

Absolute bellend, stream going on mute

Aertv.ie btw for lads who for some reason don't have TV3, free service that provides terrestrial stuff.
    Couldnt bring myself to watch it on there when its on UTV

How Lawrenson has a job doing punditry/commentary/anything is beyond me.

He's useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Ashley Young has surely to be brought into an office somewhere.
    Last chance just used up imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

In years to come we will have Young alongside the Millers, Obertans and Djemba of this world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Such a straight face when Roy said, "Nah, Patrick would sort me out."

Love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Such a straight face when Roy said, "Nah, Patrick would sort me out."

Love it.
    And it went completely over the head of the other two, jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

1-0......now to sit back and defend :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I find it funny that the biggest worry a lot of people had was Moyes' lack of European experience, and that possibly the biggest pro on his list right now is his preformance in the CL.

Decent win but hardly convincing. Jones did well, some ok preformances and some people were anonymous. Rio and Giggs were dreadful in the first half.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

We're muck, but at least we won. Ferdinand another one for the knacker's yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Big improvement in the 2nd half, not brilliant by any means but a big improvement none the less. Moyes made the right changes and it paid off. Badly needed win. Hopefully confidence will be up a bit going to Villa now.

Delighted with the win but awful first half and really should have been a couple of goals behind.

A lot better for the last 40 minutes but still overall pretty shambolic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Ferdinand is totally finished, and his recent comments won't have helped his cause. Should walk himself at the end of the season, but if not the manager should be giving him the boot.

Chris Smalling more than ready to step into the breach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Vital win for the confidence tonight. Had we lost we would have been in real crisis territory. Rio is done and dusted after that , Young also signed his own death warrant tonight. Cleverley was a bog improvement on recent performances when he came on. Rooney looked better when he dropped a bit deeper after RVP came on. Kagawa doesnt work hard enough when we dont have the ball. For all his undoubted ability he needs to up the effort when we are nt in possession. Against Arsenal it was very noticeable how timid he is. Jones was magnificent tonight. His attitude and effort is top class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

If Young isn't gone in January it will be utterly disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I find it funny that the biggest worry a lot of people had was Moyes' lack of European experience, and that possibly the biggest pro on his list right now is his preformance in the CL.

We've done well in Europe because he's played 4-5-1 in most games as opposed to the awful teams he puts out in the PL.

No doubt well be back to 4-4-2 at the weekend with the same old problems.

• Advertisement

Cringeworthy interview with Jones. Interviewer brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Danger781 wrote: »
    If Young isn't gone in January it will be utterly disappointing.

Who'd buy him? Doubt he'll have many people wanting to pay him the wages he's on considering his performances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Thats the type of questions you should be asking the manager. Terrible interviewer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

With Hernandez sitting on the bench Rooney should be moved to midfield until Carrick gets back and the midfield gets sorted. Rooney would improve the midfield immensely. He gives us a better option as a passer, tackler etc than the alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

titan18 wrote: »
    Who'd buy him? Doubt he'll have many people wanting to pay him the wages he's on considering his performances
    Pay cut in the order?

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Pay cut in the order?

At the very least he needs to half his wages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Not only do we need a raft of new players but the philosophy needs to be changed big time

If Shakhtar had better finishers it could have been a rout in the first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Excluding Young's two chances tonight, I thought he did okay.

Crap first half, decent second half. Good to win, move on to Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Thank fúck Rafael is back, he is one of the most important players in our team.

Three points. Top of the group. 4th clean sheet in a row in the Champions league.

Good day at the office.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

Baines would be a great addition.

Irish94 wrote: »
    Thank fúck Rafael is back, he is one of the most important players in our team.

Three points. Top of the group. 4th clean sheet in a row in the Champions league.

Good day at the office.

Would love to see both Fabio and Rafael on the pitch.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Will anybody be interested Young though, we would be lucky to get 7 million.

I would say there is little to no chance of Young being moved on in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

beno619 wrote: »

Liverpool managed to get rid of Downing, Carroll, Adam etc, someone will take him surely

I'd me more than happy to let him go for nothing.
    Lost all patience with him tonight.

Regardless of how well or poorly he played, a ball that is sitting up like it was for his attempted lob should be put away every single time.

Keane & Viera on ITV 4 now at 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Al Capwned wrote: »
    I'd me more than happy to let him go for nothing.
    Lost all patience with him tonight.

Regardless of how well or poorly he played, a ball that is sitting up like it was for his attempted lob should be put away every single time.

Wouldn't be bothered about how much we get for him either, gets him off the wage bill and off the bench as an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

beno619 wrote: »

Big Sam is sucker for wingers - give him a bell.

ITV4 now - don't forget!!!

Keane & Viera on ITV 4 now at 10

Am I the only one who thought the clips made it look staged, scripted nonsense?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Yet another disjointed first half but at least we were better after the break. Thought Jones did very well. Slightly disappointed with Januzaj although he was getting kicked up and down the pitch.

Overall a good job to top the group no matter how soft some may now claim it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

If they are, they are very hard to come by.

Very few creative players are all that comfortable in a central 2.

They do exist, but they are generally long range passers and deep lying players like Carrick, Scholes, Xavi and Pirlo. not many around these days.

Modric should be No 1 target and would fit into a central 2, although I think we need to move on from 442 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Young was grand tonight, he was no worse than anyone else, he actually put a few crosses in. He missed a chance or two but his overall play was OK. Typical of the board...I'm only waiting for someone to start complaining about Welbeck....

My thoughts are that we were muck in the first half and Rio is done, he might benefit from a chat with Gary Neville.

Thought when we brought on RVP and Clev we improved immensely, with kag Roo and Jan in that 3, the midfield had options and were able to pass the ball forward because of the fluidity of that trio.

Good result, lethargic again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Anyone else think that keane is getting more bitter towards fergie every time he speaks in public. I'm starting to loose respect for keane he speaks about loyalty yet is happy to be disrespectful to giggsy tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

A creative midfielder is a must in January. Watching tonight we had nobody showing in midfield who could offer anything going forward. All our midfield did was get the ball pass back the way and ends up back to DDG who hoofs it forward. It's actually pathetic football. The only player who can attack with the ball is Rafael. I think Moyes just has no faith at all in the midfield and just tells them to hoof the ball up and hope for the best. The positive is he identified the midfield needs to be addressed hopefully he can get in the players to allow him to move away from this horrible long ball football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

collie0708 wrote: »
    Anyone else think that keane is getting more bitter towards fergie every time he speaks in public. I'm starting to loose respect for keane he speaks about loyalty yet is happy to be disrespectful to giggsy tonight...

I don't think he was though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Pisses me off that I can't Sky+ itv4. The ads are ridiculous.

Think there was a lot of tongue in cheek along with his standard stubbornness when discussing the team he picked. If it wasn't before this show, think it's fairly obvious now that Keane and SAF aren't really best buddies! Hard to argue with a lot of Keane's comments though. Seems to be a show dedicated to getting sound bytes from Keane about SAF more than the Arsenal rivalry though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭kippy

collie0708 wrote: »
    To be fair to Keane, Fergie is as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Pisses me off that I can't Sky+ itv4. The ads are ridiculous.

Think there was a lot of tongue in cheek along with his standard stubbornness when discussing the team he picked. If it wasn't before this show, think it's fairly obvious now that Keane and SAF aren't really best buddies! Hard to argue with a lot of Keane's comments though. Seems to be a show dedicated to getting sound bytes from Keane about SAF more than the Arsenal rivalry though.

Its on Rte sometime next week or week after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

No chance Ashley Young could do an MUTV commentary rubbishing players anytime soon? :pac: Actually.. just realised he'd spend most the time talking about himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

HAve to say that was a brilliant piece by ITV, some really good questions and great all round.

I think Keane just isn't hiding the fact that he dislikes Fergie immensely, but I felt there was a pretty sad undertone that these two men who gave everything for their clubs, were just "let go" without a whimper.

Looking back on the flashes throughout the show of them in each other faces, makes you realise that while the EPL might have gained some big players and progression in technique, it's lost so much fire and passion that used to be there.

A great tribute and show to two of the best warriors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement