Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

ericzeking wrote: »
    That's big money for a player of his age, then factor in that he appears less than happy, there are background rumblings and his performance level is not there as a result.

It looks increasingly like Rooney will stay long term so have him as undisputed number 9, give him the armband full time as Vidic hasn't long left, you have Chich, Welbeck, Henriquez etc as back up.
    You then have a further 37m quid for midfield investment.

That Fabregas scenario you mention didn't even enter my head, jaysus if that was the case, some kind of trade deal, I'd bite their hand off.

Just to point out, I would have been one he would have seen Rooney gone in the summer on our terms but his performance and atitude has been exemplary this season.
    i couldnt agree less. firstly i dont get this him not being in form. considering how much he has been injured he has 10 goals this season so far.

then on who we have as backup for rooney. hernandez i will give you but we cant rely on welbeck going by his tally for the last near 2 years. and henriquez who is unproven.

then there is this oh if we didnt have RVP or never signed RVP we wouldnt have the problem on kagawa being unhappy on the left that people come out with. firstly the times he has been given the no 10 role there are very very few times he actually has shown a very high performances particularly in the PL. and i know its not his position but when played on left wing he doesnt IMO even put in a shift to say to moyes i cant be dropped and give me that no 10 role. at the end of the day RVP is a goal machine. 10 goals when he has been out for a lot of the season so far is fantastic. and even if there is rumblings to him wanting out its not different to rooney(well bar RvP not making it public himself) and no reason to think he will make any problems and his contract has another 2 and a half years so plenty of time to sort stuff out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

He certainly looks a lot happier and is playing like a happy player.

I wouldn't say I am "so confident", in fact, that's not what I said, but I would say it looks alot more likely that he will stay with us for another contract than it did 5 months ago.

Obviously if Rooney was still intent on leaving, I wouldn't sell RVP.

I can't help but feel that he's sucking it up and just getting thro it this season, but that could be just wishful thinking on my part as a Chelsea supporter :-) Its not the first time he's done this either.

He has 18 months left on his contract, right? Which means Utd would have to sell him during the summer to make any money on it?

He's playing great football so far this season tho, and he's in incredible shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

It's so typical of society, it's all spoof and niceties to peoples face and in public and then b!tch and moan in private.

People would prefer it if he said he liked Ferguson for the cameras would they? Come off it.

There is a certain level of politeness in society that is needed for everyday interaction. Also there is a time to look back and be grateful for what you have got and what others have done for you.

Nobody expects Keane to blow kisses at Fergie but he seems to be going out of his way to slate him. Keane left OT when his ego went out of whack and Fergie made the call. This is a sore point for Roy obviously but he will refuse to look at himself for any wrong doing.

If you look back through Roy's life he burns bridges everywhere he goes and is generally hard to get along with. Great player but not the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

A couple of media outlets have this morning reported that Rooney has rejected UTDs attempts to start contract talks with him.

Here we go again. January will be fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

You can't imagine Rooney, who seems tempted to leave before, will be keen on staying if we don't get CL football....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

bassy wrote: »
    keane included all the players that got fergies wrath and the door.staam,rvn,beckham,ince.
    I would of had scholes in that team all day long and Neville over parker every time.

I find posts like this hilarious. In the same post we have somebody lambasting Keane for giving his opinion and then immediately offering up what is only their opinion.

People seem to be reacting in horror because Keane prefers Ince, Parker and Clough to whomever they would have chosen, but more power to him, he actually played with these guys so he can pick who he wants.

Besides, everybody is rolling their eyes because he didn't pick Scholes, when I suspect there are many older fans who might be rolling their eyes because he didn't pick captain Marvel himself, Bryan Robson, one of the greatest midfielders ever to play for the club. Its not a given that Scholes should have been picked, for all that he was a superb player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Burlap_Sack

I find posts like this hilarious. In the same post we have somebody lambasting Keane for giving his opinion and then immediately offering up what is only their opinion.

In fairness it's obvious his selections were molded by his dislike for fergie. He said it himself that fergie still tries to have control and sway over people and he is a victim of this himself.

In fairness it's obvious his selections were molded by his dislike for fergie. He said it himself that fergie still tries to have control and sway over people and he is a victim of this himself.

I don't agree. Certainly his selections were biased by his own convictions, but I don't agree with those who say that he intentionally picked players who fell out with Fergie.

The contentious picks seem to be those of Parker and Ince, and I can easily see him choosing those players simply because he liked them better than the alternatives, but that has nothing to do with Fergie.

As to choosing Clough over Fergie, he had always said how highly he rated Clough, if he wants to pick him as the best manager he worked with then he has that right. Winning loads of titles with Fergie does not make it mandatory that he has to pick Fergie's name when asked who he considers the greatest. Besides, its Brian Clough, not Ron Atkinson, its not a bad pick really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,125 ✭✭✭✭listermint

There is a certain level of politeness in society that is needed for everyday interaction. Also there is a time to look back and be grateful for what you have got and what others have done for you.

Nobody expects Keane to blow kisses at Fergie but he seems to be going out of his way to slate him. Keane left OT when his ego went out of whack and Fergie made the call. This is a sore point for Roy obviously but he will refuse to look at himself for any wrong doing.

If you look back through Roy's life he burns bridges everywhere he goes and is generally hard to get along with. Great player but not the nicest guy you'll ever meet.

And Fergie wrote a book about it slating everyone. Whats your point ? Would you be nice to fergie and enjoy him as a person if he did the same about you?

Something tells me no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

adox wrote: »
    At defending yes but going forward? Crossing? Leadership?
    Not in my eyes.
    Defending is most important for any FB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It seems to me like most of the old guys on here have no beef over the Ince and Parker thing?

Ince was absolutely superb when Keane played with him, better than Keane for a year or two although admittedly Keane was still only on the up.

I absolutely loved Parker when I was a kid, thought he was the mutt's nuts.

Neville by comparison was dodgy as mortal sin for years and years. Ended up cutting out the horrorshow mistakes and became top class for a bunch of years, but for a long time he was a frequent calamity. Anyone remember that World Club Cup thing down in Brazil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

keane2097 wrote: »
    It seems to me like most of the old guys on here have no beef over the Ince and Parker thing?

Ince was absolutely superb when Keane played with him, better than Keane for a year or two although admittedly Keane was still only on the up.

Neville by comparison was dodgy as mortal sin for years and years. Ended up cutting out the horrorshow mistakes and became top class for a bunch of years, but for a long time he was a frequent calamity. Anyone remember that World Club Cup thing down in Brazil?

Let it never be fortgotten that Paul Ince won the League playing in a midfield with Brian McClair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

+1

Sometimes people make the mistake of mixing up success and ability.

It's easy to look at Nevilles trophy haul and automatically decide he must have been better than Parker - without even giving it some thought.

I think, if anything, Keanes point "having a great career doesn't (necessarily) mean you're a great player" holds true.

Put it this way, Ashley Young may well come out of this stint at Old Trafford with more trophies than Kanchelskis but i know who i'd want in my side first every day of the week and it ain't the Fall-Over-Can't-Shoot boy!!

Parker did something Neville never did - performed on the world stage admirably. Semi-Finals of Italia 90 and would have been in the team of the tournament except for they went for a back-three of Maldini-Baresi-Brehme in the official team (my god what a back 3!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Just finished watching The Class of '92. Really enjoyed it.

However it's makes me kind of sad that we're unlikely to ever see a group of youth players make it all the way together at United again. Gary Neville actually sums it up at the end when he says in the immediacy required by today's football clubs, where success has to come quickly and failure just isn't tolerated, there just isn't an opportunity to build a team over 5 or 6 years.

Take this season for example. We're actually in quite a similar position to how we were back in the early 90's. We have a core of very good players like Rooney, Carrick, RVP and De Gea. We have fan favourites who are coming to the end of their careers, Giggs, Ferdinand, Vidic. We have a decent squad made up of some young players, Januzaj, Rafael, Jones, Smalling, Cleverly. Scholes has retired like Robson did. If we had 3 or 4 more good players ready to come through from the youth squad we'd almost be in a similar position to 94-95. The only difference is we arguably had a much better squad in the league that year than we have this year and obviously we nearly won the league. And at the end of the season some players who Ferguson thought were coming to the end of the United careers were controversially sold, Hughes, Kanchelskis and Ince and we all know who replaced them. I think we can all agree that the squad needs be culled in the summer and fresh blood brought in.

But sadly I don't think clubs can afford to rely on youth now like United did in the 95-96 season, certainly not one with a new manager such as ourselves. If Moyes did it and wasn't successful he'd be out the door. It's sad because the Class of '92 documentary really hit home how lucky we were to have had Manchester-born players who were all lifelong fans of the club. That's loyalty you can't buy, and possibly doesn't exit any more if you look at the likes of Pogba and Morrison who have moved on.

It really was a golden age for United and I'm so glad I got to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Except me. :D

I dont have a beef about it but disagree with the two selections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

tigger123 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Keane and Vieira documentary is going to be repeated? I missed it.

It's on RTE within the next few days,up on youtube now anyway,I stuck a link in the thread about the show.

Very easy to work out the ages of some posters here who were reared looking at Neville etc. in the United team.Paul Parker was a superb fullback and on the other side we had Irwin who stands head & shoulders over Ashley Cole (he could take a mean free kick aswell for those who think Baines invented that)

I never really forgave Ince for that celebration when he was playing with Liverpool but for United he was a colossus in midfield and wasn't afraid to say it.Our current midfield are like pussycats compared to him & Keane.When was the last time you saw one of our crop playing now bawling one of their team mates out for being off the pace?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Defending is most important for any FB.

Yes(although less so these days if that makes sense) and it would be hard to pick between the two of them defensively, but Neville offered so much more than Parker going forward and in leadership terms as well. I just found it an odd choice.

Anyway its all about opinions, nothings cast in stone and sure it would be a bore fest if all ours were the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

People seem to be reacting in horror because Keane prefers Ince, Parker and Clough to whomever they would have chosen, but more power to him, he actually played with these guys so he can pick who he wants.

Besides, everybody is rolling their eyes because he didn't pick Scholes, when I suspect there are many older fans who might be rolling their eyes because he didn't pick captain Marvel himself, Bryan Robson, one of the greatest midfielders ever to play for the club. Its not a given that Scholes should have been picked, for all that he was a superb player.

Robsons last season at United was Keane first season at United . They'd have barely played together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I'd imagine Keane's criteria for the best players he has played with would be different to those of the fans. I expect he would place a higher value on things like attitude, work rate and discipline (I don't mean in terms of cards) than things like skill or flair for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

magnumbud wrote: »
    i couldnt agree less. firstly i dont get this him not being in form. considering how much he has been injured he has 10 goals this season so far.

then on who we have as backup for rooney. hernandez i will give you but we cant rely on welbeck going by his tally for the last near 2 years. and henriquez who is unproven.

I think he has missed chances he wouldn't have last season and his body language hasn't been great, he doesn't appear happy. Off form is a bit extreme alright but he is certainly not at it full gas imo.

In terms of the back up thing, if you are playing with one striker, how much back up do you need?

I don't think anything he said was particularly impolite, he was more than civil with everything he said. Maybe you could say when he referred to Fergie as "that man" that was a little disrespectful.

He was more than forthcoming when discussing his own shortcomings and admitted he was wrong in certain aspects of 'MUTV Videogate'. He also admitted bitterness in the immediate aftermath of leaving.

Saying he thought Clough was a better manager or leaving out most of the fledglings from his team is not being ungrateful, that's just what he thought.

You could also argue Fergie has alot to be grateful to Roy for too and discarded him pretty unceremoniously.

As for him being nice, for some reason I always thought he would be very nice in person.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Robsons last season at United was Keane first season at United . They'd have barely played together.

And? He only played one season with Parker as I recall, so what?

The length of time he played with them doesn't matter, or else Giggs would be a mandatory selection whether he wanted to choose him or not. One season or ten, he played with the man and trained with him every day, enough to allow him to make his decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Anyone got a link to Keane's team? Did he pick a manager for the team, he should've went for Brian Clough to be the manager.

Edit: A bit confused, did Keane pick a team of players he played with from all the clubs and teams he played with as well as his Man United team of players he played with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I really don't like Roy Keane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

And? He only played one season with Parker as I recall, so what?

The length of time he played with them doesn't matter, or else Giggs would be a mandatory selection whether he wanted to choose him or not. One season or ten, he played with the man and trained with him every day, enough to allow him to make his decisions.

Made a point about having played with Parker and Ince in their primes, probably didn't think the same about Robson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

RasTa wrote: »
    I really don't like Roy Keane

Becuase he's honest? He's probably one of the only people in football whose judgement isn't ruled by popularity or friendship.

Also I wouldn't agree with Keane's midfield. My two would be Scholes and Keane. I wouldn't agree with Cantona although the guy was a winner and a huge driver if success so I can see why Keane picked him. Also van Nistelrooy and the big Dane had notorious clashes with Keane and he still picked them so fair play to him.

I dont mind people hating Keane, but its the "He only cares about Roy Keane" comments are the funny ones.

Could not be further from the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

My love for Roy will never die, I have wavered in the past but I cant help loving one of the best CM the PL has ever seen

Red Crow wrote: »
    Becuase he's honest? He's probably one of the only people in football whose judgement isn't ruled by popularity or friendship.

I'll never forgive him for Saipan. I also think he is too much of a media whore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Don't want to go into it but don't think he owed anyone anything for him to be forgiven for Saipan.

And he works in the media. He gives his honest opinion, its not his fault that every other pundit is so vanilla that he gets reported on more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Lennonist wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to Keane's team? Did he pick a manager for the team, he should've went for Brian Clough to be the manager.

Edit: A bit confused, did Keane pick a team of players he played with from all the clubs and teams he played with as well as his Man United team of players he played with?

Both Keane and Paddy Vieira picked their best-of-sides (Man Utd and Arsenal). Could only pick players they played with.

Keane:

Schemichel
    Irwin
    Stam
    Pallister
    Parker
    Beckham
    Keane
    Ince
    Ronaldo
    Cantona
    RVN

He noted he would have put Scholes in ahead of himself, Neville "unlucky) and Giggs he reasoned "i can't leave out Ronaldo". He could have put Ronaldo right and Giggs left but then he leaves out Becks which would be headlines too!

Vieira

Seaman
    Cole
    Adams
    Campbell
    Lauren
    Pires
    Vieira
    Petit
    Ljungberg
    Bergkamp
    Henry

Left out Dixon, Overmars, Wright etc

Also said Petit was the best player he ever played with. Gone unnoticed by the press!

• Advertisement

He's only a "media whore" because he's so quoteable and what he says is, as noted above, not governed by populist opinion.

He says things that many think but don't have the guts to say, so he courts controversy as a result. The media is intrigued by him because the soccer world is otherwise full of Jamie Redknapps and Tony Cascarinos.

I would very much doubt he ever purposely seeks out media attention.

Don't want to go into it but don't think he owed anyone anything for him to be forgiven for Saipan.

Any achievements are void when you walk out on your country. Matt Holland summed it up well
    No-one player is bigger than the game or indeed the team ... Keane lives in 'Roy Keane World' and refuses to accept other people's autonomy or opinions." -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Made a point about having played with Parker and Ince in their primes, probably didn't think the same about Robson.

Which is right. Robson wasn't the force he used to be when Keane signed for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Fair enough but he was 95% right in Saipan and the FAI made a shambles of the preparations but sure that's for another day.

Both Keane and Paddy Vieira picked their best-of-sides (Man Utd and Arsenal). Could only pick players they played with.

Keane:

Schemichel
    Irwin
    Stam
    Pallister
    Parker
    Beckham
    Keane
    Ince
    Ronaldo
    Cantona
    RVN

He noted he would have put Scholes in ahead of himself, Neville "unlucky) and Giggs he reasoned "i can't leave out Ronaldo". He could have put Ronaldo right and Giggs left but then he leaves out Becks which would be headlines too!

Vieira

Seaman
    Cole
    Adams
    Campbell
    Lauren
    Pires
    Vieira
    Petit
    Ljungberg
    Bergkamp
    Henry

Left out Dixon, Overmars, Wright etc

Also said Petit was the best player he ever played with. Gone unnoticed by the press!

A notable thing Viera said was Keanes team would be able to win playing badly and that his own team would have to play well all the time.

Keanes team is so full of characters and leaders they wouldn't need a manager!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2521343/Roy-Keane-snubbed-Sir-Alex-Fergusons-favourite-players-best-XI-Sportsmails-star-team-including-Ryan-Giggs-Paul-Scholes-Gary-Neville.html?ico=sport^headlines

Keane names Clough as the best manager he played under. Fair play to him, Ferguson was a disgrace in that book he released recently and Keane is right to treat him with contempt. Clough was a genius btw.

Keane should have said Gordon Strachan for the laugh:pac:, Ferguson hates Strachan he bitched about him in one of his other bukes years ago.

I was 50/50 on the whole Mick/Roy Saipan thing.

But it was when the world cup was over you realised Roy was right in so many ways.

We went into that World Cup just happy to be there. Roy wanted to Win it. Now you can call him mad all you like, but why not was his thinking.

Many big teams got knocked out early. We really should have beaten Spain. With Keane we would have. Semi final spots were up for grabs at least.

Lot of if's but's and maybe's, but give me 11 Roy Kenas on a field with that mentality any day of the week and we go places.

Any achievements are void when you walk out on your country. Matt Holland summed it up well

In that programme last night, they played that Ferguson quote where he said that he wanted Roy to have an op that summer but Roy wanted to go to the World Cup and win it....that was Keanes mentality, he thought we could win the World Focking Cup! Looking back at the way it played out we wouldn't have been far away if we had had Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yap that book by Fergie really let himself down imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

collie0708 wrote: »
    Anyone else think that keane is getting more bitter towards fergie every time he speaks in public. I'm starting to loose respect for keane he speaks about loyalty yet is happy to be disrespectful to giggsy tonight...

He wasn't disrespectful to Giggs

Keane and Fergie is a different matter, neither can hide their bitterness toward the other very well, I think Keane has a point regarding Fergie and his disloyalty, and I think if Fergie wasn't built the way he is he would not have been as successful over so many years.

Two absolute heroes of mine, that they don't like each other any more doesn't bother me. With their personalities the relationship was unlikely to remain good after the inevitable break up.

Come off it. I'm not even sure if your serious or trolling here.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

But it was when the world cup was over you realised Roy was right in so many ways.

We went into that World Cup just happy to be there. Roy wanted to Win it. Now you can call him mad all you like, but why not was his thinking.

Many big teams got knocked out early. We really should have beaten Spain. With Keane we would have. Semi final spots were up for grabs at least.

Lot of if's but's and maybe's, but give me 11 Roy Kenas on a field with that mentality any day of the week and we go places.

I frequently defend Keane, but even if I agree with his principles, I still think he was wrong to walk out on his country.

And you're right, that world cup was wide open, I often wonder how we would have done if he had stayed.

Red Crow wrote: »
    Fair enough but he was 95% right in Saipan and the FAI made a shambles of the preparations but sure that's for another day.

In that programme last night, they played that Ferguson quote where he said that he wanted Roy to have an op that summer but Roy wanted to go to the World Cup and win it....that was Keanes mentality, he thought we could win the World Focking Cup! Keane.

Final say but it wasn't the prep it was the abuse at your fellow teammates and manager, the exact same reason why he got turfed out at United.

The prep thing was spun by his Pr afterwards.

He said it himself
    I have never called Sir Alex Ferguson anything of the kind. We have had our arguments, of course, but I would not be a Manchester United player today if I had ever spoken to him like that."

Come off it. I'm not even sure if your serious or trolling here.

If he was English you would be agreeing with me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

So true. The Irish set-up was a joke back then (and probably still is to some extent, but thats not for here). How the team could accept the facilities given to them is beyond me. Too many of them were just happy to say they were at the World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

keane included all the players that got fergies wrath and the door.staam,rvn,beckham,ince.
    I would of had scholes in that team all day long and Neville over parker every time.

a bitter c*nt that can,t get over getting fergies boot up hes hole and out the door.

He also included Pallister, never had a row with Fergie, Irwin, Ronaldo etc

Do you actually argue with the inclusion of Stam? RVN? seriously, that's nuts
    I would of had scholes in that team over beckham.

So you would have played Scholes right wing........bravo.

• Advertisement

KH25 wrote: »
    So true. The Irish set-up was a joke back then (and probably still is to some extent, but thats not for here). How the team could accept the facilities given to them is beyond me. Too many of them were just happy to say they were at the World Cup.

You have to remember we were in a qualifying group of Portugal and Holland. We remained unbeaten and got to 24 points. That would have won any other group and still is highest ranked points for 2nd placed team in Europe.

Then going to world cup thinking this be great craic was beyond me. People saying Keane only cared about himself.

Who was caring about the fans who spent their hard earned cash and savings for a world cup? The players happy just go for sing along or the player who wanted to win a world cup?

Hence why the "he only cares about himself" brigade were talking hoots.

collie0708 wrote: »
    Anyone else think that keane is getting more bitter towards fergie every time he speaks in public. I'm starting to loose respect for keane he speaks about loyalty yet is happy to be disrespectful to giggsy tonight...

Keane is 100% correct and within his rights to put the boot into Ferguson at every opportunity and treat him with utter contempt. Ferguson was a disgrace with that book he released recently. Keane is just dishing dirt back in his face.

Other managers or prospective managers in the English game I believe were afraid of Ferguson down the years, because he often was asked by Chairmen of other clubs for recommendations when they were looking for a manager. Fair play to Keane. He's not afraid of Ferguson and doesn't feel beholding to him.

If he was English you would be agreeing with me

If he was English I'm fairly sure the entire FA would've been sacked for the shambolic setup in the team camp. Not going to have a massive Saipan discussion cos it could go on for days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

You have to remember we were in a qualifying group of Portugal and Holland. We remained unbeaten and got to 24 points. That would have won any other group and still is highest ranked points for 2nd placed team in Europe.

Then going to world cup thinking this be great craic was beyond me. People saying Keane only cared about himself.

Who was caring about the fans who spent their hard earned cash and savings for a world cup? The players happy just go for sing along or the player who wanted to win a world cup?

Hence why the "he only cares about himself" brigade were talking hoots.

The team performed fantastically in that group. Completely agree with you.

Actually, the night we drew in Holland, I was flying home from a family holiday. As we were waiting for our bags the entire Irish team walks in and goes to the next luggage belt. I don't think I've ever run so fast in my life! Keane was the first player I went up to. I really need to find where those autographs went.

If he was English I'm fairly sure the entire FA would've been sacked for the shambolic setup in the team camp. Not going to have a massive Saipan discussion cos it could go on for days.

What did the shambolic set up have to do with with Keane saying his team mates aren't good enough to be playing for Ireland?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement