Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

i know.....

No pleasing some people on here deafroadrunner...

Thought it was hilarious myself...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fake account.

What gave it away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Paging Captain Obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So Sneijder scores the winner against Juve to send them out of the UCL. Still mixing it up at the highest level.

Sneijder seems to have a huge ego, and I don't think him and RVP get along

and doesn't he play in the Rooney role for Galatasaray?

• Advertisement

Sneijder seems to have a huge ego, and I don't think him and RVP get along

and doesn't he play in the Rooney role for Galatasaray?

I'm sure he can play deeper.

He is cup tied and no spring chicken but if we get him for less than 10m its not bad for a short term option.

He said this (you never know) about the UTD links after the Juve match
    Sneijder has long been linked with a move to Old Trafford, and United's midfield struggles this season have sparked fresh talk of the Dutchman joining the Premier League champions.

But speaking in the aftermath of Galatasaray's dramatic 1-0 win over Juventus that saw them qualify for the last 16 of the Champions League, Sneijder was keen to play down reports in the media.

He told NOS: "I know just as much as you. I don't even read the newspapers, but I've heard about the reports. At the moment it isn't an issue, but every time the transfer window is open, I get linked with all kind of clubs.

"Sometimes it's frustrating, because I have to clarify it with the fans. Here in Turkey, the supporters are very emotional. They have a lot of passion and I don't want to explain things that I don't know about.

"Again, I know just as much as you do. I feel very good at Gala, and I'm glad we're through in the Champions League. You never know, but at this point I'm happy here."

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4019/transfer-zone/2013/12/12/4472269/sneijder-on-manchester-united-links-you-never-know?ICID=HP_BN_1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I think Sneijder might be a good option short term. He won't set the world alight but he could do a job for us while we try and rebuild for the long term maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭Robson99

Right guys which side of the fence would ye be on if ye had to choose. Keanes or Fergies. I would be on Keanes simply because IMO I think he was shafted by Fergie when he felt he was past his prime. Fergie had no problem with Keane bollocking his team mates on the pitch or in the dressing room for years. Yet he forced him out over this when it didnt suit him

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

Robson99 wrote: »
    Right guys which side of the fence would ye be on if ye had to choose. Keanes or Fergies. I would be on Keanes simply because IMO I think he was shafted by Fergie when he felt he was past his prime. Fergie had no problem with Keane bollocking his team mates on the pitch or in the dressing room for years. Yet he forced him out over this when it didnt suit him

Fergie.

Keane is bitter because Fergie showed him who was boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Trilla wrote: »
    Ah ok. So you're tired of being frustrated at people willing to give him a chance that you're prepared to give him a chance.

no. im just actually feeling sorry for him. he was about 5 yards away from me last night and i could see on his face that he is struggling.

• Advertisement

Fergie had no problem with Keane bollocking his team mates out in the dressing room because thats the right way to go about it, in private. Keane went public and dished out some harsh words, he knew this would have pissed Fergie off as Fergie always defended his players to the cameras.

The phrase "we win as a team, and lose as a team" has some value to it. By all means voice your concern to each other but when Keane bashed them to the cameras he intentionally created a divide between him the team and the manager.

On that one incident Keane was wrong imo but both he and Fergie have their moments and neither are angels or the most rational. I don't really think we have to pick a side but if you forced me I'd go with Fergie. Keane was one of many great players the Fergie guided through UTD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

This is the type of question that has the potential to tear this thread apart, so I will be opting out of answering it.

kryogen wrote: »
    This is the type of question that has the potential to tear this thread apart, so I will be opting out of answering it.

Sure its no worse than the sh1te thats being going on looking for Moyes to be sacked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

I'm sure he can play deeper.

He is cup tied and no spring chicken but if we get him for less than 10m its not bad for a short term option.

He said this (you never know) about the UTD links after the Juve match

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/4019/transfer-zone/2013/12/12/4472269/sneijder-on-manchester-united-links-you-never-know?ICID=HP_BN_1

i remember some video interview with him back when he was odds on to join us and he was asked about going to us and he said we will see or something like that with a smirk on his face... he is such the tease:D

Fergie had no problem with Keane bollocking his team mates out in the dressing room because thats the right way to go about it, in private.

He wasnt afraid to do it on the pitch either in fairness and that not in private and no one had a problem with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sure its no worse than the sh1te thats being going on looking for Moyes to be sacked

Keane has already proven he is a woeful manager, 0 need for him to have a go at his teammates on camera. Bye bye, thanks.

Fergie had no problem with Keane bollocking his team mates out in the dressing room because thats the right way to go about it, in private. Keane went public and dished out some harsh words, he knew this would have pissed Fergie off as Fergie always defended his players to the cameras.

The phrase "we win as a team, and lose as a team" has some value to it. By all means voice your concern to each other but when Keane bashed them to the cameras he intentionally created a divide between him the team and the manager.

On that one incident Keane was wrong imo but both he and Fergie have their moments and neither are angels or the most rational. I don't really think we have to pick a side but if you forced me I'd go with Fergie. Keane was one of many great players the Fergie guided through UTD.

The only problem with that is that anything to do with that interview is based on speculation, it really comes down to who you choose to believe also. Both versions of the video and the severity of it are quite different and until we see it (we never will) its impossible to judge it.

It is though.

Keane and Fergie will polarise opinion. It is akin to a Saipan discussion, nobody really cares about Moyes very much yet, he would hardly be an absolute legend of the club and a hero to one and all either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ill always support a player that gave it all on the pitch for utd, who always wanted to stride for his team or international team to be the best. Without keane we wouldnt be as successful as we are now, Fergie would do well to remember that

Headshot wrote: »
    Ill always support a player that gave it all on the pitch for utd, who always wanted to stride for his team or international team to be the best. Without keane we wouldnt be as successful as we are now, Fergie would do well to remember that

Nonsense, Fergie doesn't need to remember anything. He didn't say anything about Keane anyway that his teammates haven't already said.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Nonsense, Fergie doesn't need to remember anything. He didn't say anything about Keane anyway that his teammates haven't already said.

Fergie could do with remembering plenty actually, not just about Keane.

Oh he does need to remember and respect ex players that help him be the greatest manager of all time but instead he degrades ex players that blood, toil, tears and sweat for the cause. I for one that dont agree with some of the stuff Keane says but I would never turn my back on one of the greatest captains our club has ever had.

And without Fergie how successful would we have been?

Pen.Island wrote: »
    And without Fergie how successful would we have been?
    And without Keane how successful would we be?

Fergie could do with remembering plenty actually, not just about Keane.

Nah nothing for me, you can't look back at his career and not say success, winner etc.

People seem to be forgetting it already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

to answer your question, yes I want Moyes sacked.

Are you honestly trying to say Keane is greater then Fergie. Fergie built that team not Keane, he wasn't carrying it like he did Ireland. Cantona was as equal of an impact then Keane.

We had one of our most dominant spells around 08?

adox wrote: »
    to answer your question, yes I want Moyes sacked.

I think everyone and their dog knows this...you've posted it about 20 times!

• Advertisement

Are you honestly trying to say Keane is greater then Fergie. Fergie built that team not Keane, he wasn't carrying it like he did Ireland. Cantona was as equal of an impact then Keane.

You cant have success without the right players. Im not diminishing Fergie's success at all but without the right players he wouldnt have his success. Keane was instrumental to utds success and gave saf that steeping stone for future success. Keane wouldnt go down as the as the best CM to play in the PL without saf. Its basically like weighing scales

You cant have success without the right players. Im not diminishing Fergie's success at all but without the right players he wouldnt have his success. Keane was instrumental to utds success and gave saf that steeping stone for future success. Keane wouldnt go down as the as the best CM to play in the PL without saf. Its basically like weighing scales

Well we had already won the league before he came and you're right about having the right players, it wasn't solely down to Keane that we were successful it was down to the team and culture that Fergie built.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moyes is at the Atletico game according to the internets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

J. Marston wrote: »

Koke?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Koke?

No for real............

......gets coat.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Koke?

post-11442-Sheldon-breathing-in-a-paper-b-17Kp.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

not the best quality i will admit

BbO3YnDCUAA2z45.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Please be scouting a midfielder...

Moyes looks like an All Black in that pic

Arsenal looking tired in this Napoli game, don't think they will last the season with their squad. Although don't think it will matter much to us.

Nah nothing for me, you can't look back at his career and not say success, winner etc.

People seem to be forgetting it already

Speaks for itself so.

Fergie never needs to remember that without the players that went out there and put their bodies on the line for him, played through injury, gave everything they had for him and the club that he would not have the trophies and accolades to his name.

Never needs to remember to the stuff he preaches, about loyalty, respect, the sanctity of what happens in the dressing room between manager and players.

Never needs to remember anything at all sure.

• Advertisement

Speaks for itself so.

Fergie never needs to remember that without the players that went out there and put their bodies on the line for him, played through injury, gave everything they had for him and the club that he would not have the trophies and accolades to his name.

Never needs to remember to the stuff he preaches, about loyalty, respect, the sanctity of what happens in the dressing room between manager and players.

Never needs to remember anything at all sure.

Why would I care about any of this crap with all the success he has brought us.

Would you say Keane is loyal?

We had one of our most dominant spells around 08?

Without Ronaldo how dominant would we have been around 08?

Without Ronaldo how dominant would we have been around 08?

Wasn't Keane though was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Arsenal looking tired in this Napoli game, don't think they will last the season with their squad. Although don't think it will matter much to us.

Their squad needs investment but their first 11 is very good. A few players in January could make a huge difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I hope they do. I'd prefer them to win the league over Chelsea or City (or Liverpool...say it quietly!)

They'll probably buy again in January anyway.

Wasn't Keane though was it?

So?

It is another player who Fergie relied on to deliver him success.

There have been many through the years.

You can say without Fergie how successful would we have been, and someone else can justifiably also ask how successful would we have been without Keane, Ronaldo, Rooney, Vidic?

Nobody is belittling Fergies achievements, but to ignore the players who brought him the success is blinkered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Here is better picture lads;)

Paul Lambert it looks like next to him.

Hopefully Moyes gave him brown envelope.;)
    BbO5qrSIQAAji4O.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

KH25 wrote: »
    Please be scouting a midfielder...

Like SAF, Moye's is helping MU scout his replacement - Diego Simeone.

People go on about Fergusons loyalty and values, he did all the right things for the club imo.

Keanes wasn't very loyal to team mates was he? Criticising them publicly.

So?

It is another player who Fergie relied on to deliver him success.

There have been many through the years.

You can say without Fergie how successful would we have been, and someone else can justifiably also ask how successful would we have been without Keane, Ronaldo, Rooney, Vidic?

Nobody is belittling Fergies achievements, but to ignore the players who brought him the success is blinkered

It's all down to players so? Not fergies attitude or tactics??

How successful have Madrid been the last few years?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement