Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Pen.Island wrote: »
    It's all down to players so? Not fergies attitude or tactics??

How successful have Madrid been the last few years?

We are going to go nowhere with this so Im out.

I don't have interest in spoon feeding.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

kryogen wrote: »
    We are going to go nowhere with this so Im out.

I don't have interest in spoon feeding.

high-horse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So is it Porto CB Mangala or Koke? Both please David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Nobody is belittling Fergies achievements, but to ignore the players who brought him the success is blinkered

Nobody said he is, just Keane isn't the only reason. Simple really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I wonder if Moyes is looking at any of the Porto defenders

Their left back Sandro is very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Nothing going right for Moyes.

Klopp going down to the Europa League.
    Might fancy a move to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Neeson wrote: »
    Nothing going right for Moyes.

Klopp going down to the Europa League.
    Might fancy a move to United.

Not anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Here is better picture lads;)

Paul Lambert it looks like next to him.

Hopefully Moyes gave him brown envelope.;)
    BbO5qrSIQAAji4O.jpg
    Moyes treating Lambert to a City Break.That man is willing to do anything to turn the season around.

Good to see Moyes scouting Europe. He has a record of doing it and likes giving youth a chance so can only be good! I reckon we'll see more signings that mightn't be as obvious as when Fergie was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,395 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It's all down to players so? Not fergies attitude or tactics??

How successful have Madrid been the last few years?

Considering their competition has been the best team ever I'd say they've done well to come out of the last few seasons with anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Galatasary, Schalke 04, AC Milan, Zenit St. Petersburg, Olympiakos. Would take ANY of them tbh. Would prefer AC Milan as they are dire and easy to get too.

Not sure if 100% correct, but possible teams we can get in CL are

Ac Milan, Galatasaray, Olympiacos, Schalke or St Petersburg

RasTa wrote: »
    Nobody said he is, just Keane isn't the only reason. Simple really.

Don't see anyone claim Keane was the only reason?

Can we not draw Arsenal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Wouldn't like Galatasaray or the long trip to russia.. fancy any of the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd rather United draw AC Milan or Olympiakos,

Can we not draw Arsenal?

No teams from the same association cannot be drawn against each other in the last 16 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Red Crow wrote: »
    Galatasary, Schalke 04, AC Milan, Zenit St. Petersburg, Olympiakos. Would take ANY of them tbh. Would prefer AC Milan as they are dire and easy to get too.

Are English clubs kept apart in last 16?

Don't see anyone claim Keane was the only reason?

Someone said were would Fergie be without Keane.

Anyway that's Arsenal out of the CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

People go on about Fergusons loyalty and values, he did all the right things for the club imo.

Keanes wasn't very loyal to team mates was he? Criticising them publicly.

Sometimes things just need saying. Wouldn't mind having him around now to publicly criticise a few of the current squad, they would certainly deserve it.

• Advertisement

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Are English clubs kept apart in last 16?

Yes

FYP

What? They still went through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Galatasaray, Olympiakos, Schalke, Zenit or Milan in the CL.

As bad as we are at the minute we should be favorites against any of those sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Red Crow wrote: »
    No teams from the same association cannot be drawn against each other in the last 16 draw.

Silly rule.

Pretty sure someone said how successful would we have been without Keane, we would not have been so successful without a combination of people, like Ferguson, Cantona, Keane, Vidic, Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes etc

It is important to recognise everyones contribution.

Anyways

Hopefully Moyes was scouting a few players tonight as there was some good ones on show

Silly rule.

Not really. I'm in favour of the rule tbh

Sometimes things just need saying. Wouldn't mind having him around now to publicly criticise a few of the current squad, they would certainly deserve it.

In private. How does going public solve anything?

What? They still went through.

In the long run.

Them along with City have the fortune to be in the pot with Barcelona, PSG, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich

In the long run.

Them along with City have the fortune to be in the pot with Barcelona, PSG, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid and Bayern Munich

Ah get you now. One more goal for Napoli and they were out.

• Advertisement

In private. How does going public solve anything?

Are you under the impression he called a press conference to bash the players or something?

It was in his contract that he had to do analysis for a game for MUTV, an in house tv station. It just so happened the game was Middlesborough, where we were pathetic and lost 4-1. I am pretty sure even the most blinkered fan would have found it tough to pick out the positives in the game or the performances. In doing his analysis of the game was he supposed to say the players all played brilliantly, nothing could have been improved upon and the result was an unjust freak of nature?

The interview was pulled so there was no "going public" anyway.

Maybe the club shouldn't have had him do analysis in the first place knowing he is a straight talker? Particularly when the performance he would be analysing was so abject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Lads when is the draw for the next round of the champions league need to be ready to book my flights so im not paying big money to get over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

collie0708 wrote: »
    Lads when is the draw for the next round of the champions league need to be ready to book my flights so im not paying big money to get over.

Next Monday morning I think

Also for anyone who missed last night documentary with Keano and Vieira its on next Wednesday on RTE 2 at 9.55pm

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I think the draw for the Champions League last 16 is Friday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Lol I think you are eternally confused or hell bent in making irrelevant points... we're through, and will remain to be just because the last 16 may be more difficult than if we came first.. and the group stages are not done over two legs, you just seem to be baiting.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think the draw for the Champions League last 16 is Friday morning

It's on the 16th at 11am. Which is Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

In the long run.

Arsenal are a strong side, albeit overrated in England with only one decent striker and an average defence, but anything can happen over 2 legs.

May I remind you that they beat Bayern Munich 2-0 away in the last 16 last season and only lost out on goal difference.

Ridiculous how people can disregard a team's chances so candidly.

Are you under the impression he called a press conference to bash the players or something?

It was in his contract that he had to do analysis for a game for MUTV, an in house tv station. It just so happened the game was Middlesborough, where we were pathetic and lost 4-1. I am pretty sure even the most blinkered fan would have found it tough to pick out the positives in the game or the performances. In doing his analysis of the game was he supposed to say the players all played brilliantly, nothing could have been improved upon and the result was an unjust freak of nature?

The interview was pulled so there was no "going public" anyway.

Maybe the club shouldn't have had him do analysis in the first place knowing he is a straight talker? Particularly when the performance he would be analysing was so abject.

It was pulled for a reason. There's saying things like "that's a poor mistake, can't be making them mistakes at this level" which are fine. You won't hear any manager after a game lambast any players individually.

I'd imagine he was giving all sorts of abuse, probably calling players cowards etc. No need for it.

K4t wrote: »
    Arsenal are a strong side, albeit overrated in England with only one decent striker and an average defence, but anything can happen over 2 legs.

May I remind you that they beat Bayern Munich 2-0 away in the last 16 last season and only lost out on goal difference.

Ridiculous how people can disregard a team's chances so candidly.

Oh yeah? When was the last time they got to the semi's or final? Hence my reasoning for being candid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Oh yeah? When was the last time they got to the semi's or final? Hence my reasoning for being candid.

Are you serious really. Arsenal this season are far superior than any side they have had for years they will be no pushovers for anybody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Ah come on. When was the last season they had Ozil or were leading the PL in December?

Goway with that nonsense. You can't use what happened in previous seasons to predict this season.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Are you serious really. Arsenal this season are far superior than any side they have had for years they will be no pushovers for anybody.

One world class player does not a world class team make. You can't go from being 4th in the league to being a big force in Europe.

Any of the last 16 may fail to make the semi finals or final. Arsenal lost on away goals to the eventual winners last season. I just find it odd that you are able to disregard their chances when they'e obviously a strong side and very dangerous opposition for any of the remaining teams. That's all.

It was pulled for a reason. There's saying things like "that's a poor mistake, can't be making them mistakes at this level" which are fine. You won't hear any manager after a game lambast any players individually.

I'd imagine he was giving all sorts of abuse, probably calling players cowards etc. No need for it.

You do imagine it, and that is where your version of it exists, your imagination, and yours alone.

Oh, just on the bit where you say you wont hear any manager lambast a player individually, have you heard of Paolo Di Canio?

K4t wrote: »
    Any of the last 16 may fail to make the semi finals or final. Arsenal lost on away goals to the eventual winners last season. I just find it odd that you are able to disregard their chances when they'e obviously a strong side and very dangerous opposition for any of the remaining teams. That's all.

Do you not remember the first leg? Bayern had the tie wrapped up.

• Advertisement

One world class player does not a world class team make. You can't go from being 4th in the league to being a big force in Europe.

You don't need to be a big force in Europe to win the CL

Porto and Liverpool spring to mind immediately don't you think

Agree with the first part anyway.

While Ramsay/Wilshire/Giroud/Cazorla are all fine players, they are simply not world class. Ramsay and Wilshire have the potential to be.

Plus, Arsenal are over reliant on Giroud remainign fit and maintaining his form, and Mertesacker and Koscielny avoiding injury.
    Arsenal are only an injury or two away from serious trouble.

They are the complete opposite of utd in that they are lacking in quality everywhere except midfield. What I wouldn't give for even one of Wilshire/Ramsay/Ozil at united!

You do imagine it, and that is where your version of it exists, your imagination, and yours alone.

Oh, just on the bit where you say you wont hear any manager lambast a player individually, have you heard of Paolo Di Canio?

And there's a reason Sunderland were in relegation places and Di Canio got sacked.

You don't need to be a big force in Europe to win the CL

Porto and Liverpool spring to mind immediately don't you think

Yeah but people are talking about this Arsenal side as being far better than last season. You wouldn't have seen many talking about them as winning the CL last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

From March onwards, they have grown stronger and more resistant. You're right in that one world class in itself isn't enough but it isn't Ozil alone which has pushed the team on, although a contributing factor, they are a vast improvement on this time last year, with much more composure. Arsenal should of topped what was arguably the toughest group this year.

ETA: They are far better than last season, evidence and stats point to that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement