Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Looking at summer 2014 with my doom and gloom hat on I could see van Persie and Hernandez leaving.Rooney as well but wouldn't be as bothered by him going

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

He doesn't often start in the United defence either. So far he is at best 4th choice behind Vidic, Evans and Ferdinand, possibly even Smalling.

I know that.
    Im just responding to the claim that we would play CB for those clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

F.J. wrote: »
    Looking at summer 2014 with my doom and gloom hat on I could see van Persie and Hernandez leaving.Rooney as well but wouldn't be as bothered by him going

No way will all 3 leave.

I hope :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Danny Welwide to step up!

Seriously though another massive blow, playing him too early has backfired bigtime

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Rooney as well but wouldn't be as bothered by him going

Best player this season and you wouldn't be bothered by his departure?

OK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Unearthly wrote: »
    No way will all 3 leave.

I hope :(

If all three were to go at once Im pretty sure Jesse Jackson would be marchin on his ass

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Best player this season and you wouldn't be bothered by his departure?

OK.

So he was poor last season.World Cup next summer and knowing him he will come back unfit/injured.

He has burnt his bridges as far as I am concerned.

Being the best player this season is not exactly glowing praise either.Being the best of an average bunch

So he was poor last season.World Cup next summer and knowing him he will come back unfit/injured.

He has burnt his bridges as far as I am concerned.

Being the best player this season is not exactly glowing praise either.Being the best of an average bunch

Very harsh imo. Fergie messed him around last season. He would have stood out even if the team were top of the league hes been that influential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I was Rooneys biggest critic last season, but after seeing the light I have to say he has been very good for us this season.

imo:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

Pro. F wrote: »
    That isn't an excuse for a manager. Very few players are going to say "I feel okay, but I better come off. Remember my injury record and what the physio said about me needing a gradual re-introduction to competitive football after a lay off." when they are out on the pitch and their team is losing.

RVP went 2 full seasons without injury :confused::confused:

Vidic went from not being allowed play 2 games a week to playing in any game he's needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So Young has remained unapologetic for his diving & has instead blamed the officials for the decisions they made.2 managers have pulled him up on it & he still doesn't get the message.If he left the club tonight,I honestly couldn't care less.

With the news of RVP's injury,the onus is now on Kagawa to stand up & be counted as a #10 playing behind Rooney.If we are to depend on Wellbeck,we are fooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

zerks wrote: »
    So Young has remained unapologetic for his diving & has instead blamed the officials for the decisions they made.2 managers have pulled him up on it & he still doesn't get the message.If he left the club tonight,I honestly couldn't care less.

With the news of RVP's injury,the onus is now on Kagawa to stand up & be counted as a #10 playing behind Rooney.If we are to depend on Wellbeck,we are fooked.

i just hope Moyes sticks with Kags ahead of Welbeck. Jan, Kag and Nani behind Roo and I'd be happy

No one noticing Januzaj going down easy then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭ronjo

Pen.Island wrote: »

Vidic went from not being allowed play 2 games a week to playing in any game he's needed.

Van Persie was fit fór Arsenal for the last 18 months so he had a run of 2 and a half years.

To be honest, unless United can somehow get back in the title race he is surely just going to save himself for the World Cup

Injuries are part of a long season. How long has messi been out for?

There is an arguement that Moyes heavier training drills are causing problems. RVP trained differently last season under the supervision of
    different staff and the player himself has looked knackered for along time now.

Same arguement could be made for others who were managing specific problems like rio and vidic. Age has to a huge factor too

ronjo wrote: »
    Van Persie was fit fór Arsenal for the last 18 months so he had a run of 2 and a half years.

To be honest, unless United can somehow get back in the title race he is surely just going to save himself for the World Cup

I don't see him doing that tbh.

I don't see how people on here seem to think they know more than medical teams of Manchester United.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Adnan Januzaj tells #MUTV: "If I could play all my life at Manchester United I would do it for the club." pic.twitter.com/XrkGltTkfX

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/411567462266970112

No one noticing Januzaj going down easy then?

Nope.

Nope.

No surprise there then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He'll be off when we get relegated next season.

• Advertisement

Where is Mikey086 these days?

Dont see him popping up as much. Few others too. Shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

No surprise there then.
    Nothing out of the ordinary, he's the type of player that will be fouled a lot. He did take a dive and got rightly booked in one of the games but he's not looking anything like a serial diver yet.
    Add to that, the lad looks about 8 stone and he's up against some hefty defenders...

Nothing out of the ordinary, he's the type of player that will be fouled a lot. He did take a dive and got rightly booked in one of the games but he's not looking anything like a serial diver yet.
    Add to that, the lad looks about 8 stone and he's up against some hefty defenders...

He goes down very easily imo.

Was it against Newcastle he went by a player, the Newcastle player touched his hand, went down and won the free kick.

If a player dives once he'll do it again given the opportunity.

Was it against Newcastle he went by a player, the Newcastle player touched his hand, went down and won the free kick.

As I said, nothing out of the ordinary. Show me a winger/forward that doesn't go down when they could often stay on their feet. It's Young/Suarez/Bale style fresh air dives that I'd be bothered by.

As I said, nothing out of the ordinary. Show me a winger/forward that doesn't go down when they could often stay on their feet. It's Young/Suarez/Bale style fresh air dives that I'd be bothered by.

So what's the difference? Both are conning the referee. And Januzaj was touched on the arm, no possibility he coud go down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Keep him away from Young, who makes a career of it.:D

So what's the difference? Both are conning the referee. And Januzaj was touched on the arm, no possibility he coud go down.
    Everybody is conning the referee. You call for a throw when you know it came off you last, you're conning the referee. A goalkeeper claims he kept the ball from crossing the line for a corner when he knows he didn't... A defender points to his shoulder when a ball hits his elbow...

Some are a bit more acceptable to me than others. Diving with zero contact I'll never accept. Slight contact is debatable.

Everybody is conning the referee. You call for a throw when you know it came off you last, you're conning the referee. A goalkeeper claims he kept the ball from crossing the line for a corner when he knows he didn't... A defender points to his shoulder when a ball hits his elbow...

Some are a bit more acceptable to me than others. Diving with zero contact I'll never accept. Slight contact is debatable.

Young often has been touched though, for instance v Sociedad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Where is Mikey086 these days?

Dont see him popping up as much. Few others too. Shame.

Check his last post on here. He'd had enough.

He's a big loss.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    Check his last post on here. He'd had enough.

He's a big loss.

booooooo:(

I agree with you loss alright.

Cant go to Villa on Sunday. Having kneecap trouble. Dont want to end up on cast over there:pac:.

Flights were booked and all. Ah well.

Hopefully we get 3 points now. Has 1-1 written all over it though.

Cant go to Villa on Sunday. Having kneecap trouble. Dont want to end up on cast over there:pac:.

Flights were booked and all. Ah well.

Hopefully we get 3 points now. Has 1-1 written all over it though.

First RVP out today & now Kew,we are dropping like flies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Its Moyes training, isn't it! :mad:

Its Moyes training, isn't it! :mad:

I wish. Fell in busy Cork City street today. My knee was bit dodgy already and this made it worse. Have had problems in past.

Not worth risk.

Least I made people laugh by falling on my arse.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

I wish. Fell in busy Cork City street today. My knee was bit dodgy already and this made it worse. Have had problems in past.

Not worth risk.

Poor Kew

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Not worth risk.

Source? Proof? Cmon kew you need to back it up here!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

man-falls-on-ice-o.gif

man-falls-on-ice-o.gif
    I still can't believe they ever used that on the actual news :D

I remember seeing it on some kind of Spanish version of You've Been Framed in a pub in Gran Canaria. Made it even funnier for some reason :pac:

Anyone with long black hair were claimed to be that man who fell at the time. Dont think it ever became public. Cant blame him. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

man-falls-on-ice-o.gif

This never, ever, fails to make me laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'd say he could have got himself a guest appearance on the late late if he owned up to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I'd say he could have got himself a guest appearance on the late late if he owned up to it

He did ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I had to get 2 teeth extracted today :(

Damn Friday the 13th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

IvySlayer wrote: »

Damn Friday the 13th

Off topic :pac:

Damn Friday the 13th

Ouch. was at dentist last month only needed checkup but saw his prices for root canals etc. no wonder they are loaded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Damn Friday the 13th

Are you sure you weren't just watching highlights of recent United games? That's like pulling teeth.

scudzilla wrote: »

That's not the guy, some arts students made that as a spoof from UCD or something. So I've been told.

I think we can say Ozil wouldn't have made much difference to our fortunes this season.

25 mins gone in the City game and I haven't seen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

I think we can say Ozil wouldn't have made much difference to our fortunes this season.

25 mins gone in the City game and I haven't seen him.

25 minutes sounds like a fair amount of time to judge him alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody like to predict their top 4 now, before the christmas rush of games?

City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Man United.

that is depending on us signing players in the summer and Moyes stepping up. we are as likely to finish 6th, as much as 4th giving the way things are going.

Liverpool and Spurs could easily finish ahead of us but will be interesting to see how people think it will go and who will end up being right come May.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement