Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

RasTa wrote: »
    They had their £90m spent long before transfer deadline day.

So more praise for City yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Certain Individual players should be trained as individuals.
    What i mean is, a player like RVP shouldnt be doing the same training drills/runs/sprints etc as someone like Rafael for example.
    Its fine for Rooney because he needs it.
    RVP should be wrapped in cotton wool with his injury history.
    I have no doubt his injuries this year are down to the factors in Moyes coaching staff and their 'tough training'.

So from reading a few posts it seems RVP saved shots rolled the ball ran from his own box and scored goals to win us matches because apparently we and every other club was ****e last year hence why we (RVP) won the league.

The excuses are really getting boring now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Southampton and Newcastle taking points off one another is a good result for United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

So more praise for City yay

My wit is too subtle for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Pro. F wrote: »

Moyes said that he over trained RvP in the summer. Moyes said that the plan had been to take RvP off after an hour against Newcastle, but he chose to keep him on because the team were chasing a goal. I think the same thing happened with Rooney early in the season iirc.

Nobody is saying that they know more than the medical team. If anything it is most likely that Moyes is ignoring the medical team's advice in these incidents.

You could see during the Newcastle match, moyes asking rvp if he was alright to carry on. Obviously rvp said he was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Headshot wrote: »
    lol

What did he do this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

What did he do this time?

what he does best, get sent off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

That must be nearly twenty red cards for Real Madrid if i'm remembering rightly!

Nutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

LiamoSail wrote: »
    You could see during the Newcastle match, moyes asking rvp if he was alright to carry on. Obviously rvp said he was

So what? It's got feck all to do with how the player is feeling at that precise moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

18 red cards for Real Madrid, been there 8.5 seasons. Absolutely astonishing record.

My wit is too subtle for you

Wow they spent 90 million big whoop so should we.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I think its another defeat tomorrow. Not looking forward to it

Unearthly wrote: »
    I think its another defeat tomorrow. Not looking forward to it

1-1 written all over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Wow they spent 90 million big whoop so should we.

On who?

On who?

Honestly? Have you not read back over the past few weeks on here, I think most posters have agreed we need a LB (Baines or Shaw) 2 CM's (Herrera, Witsel, Riberio, Lallana to name a few though we don't all agree on the players) and a new winger (Di Maria has been mentioned).

We could easily spend 90 million on fixing this team especially considering we where willing to spend 100 million on Bale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So from reading a few posts it seems RVP saved shots rolled the ball ran from his own box and scored goals to win us matches because apparently we and every other club was ****e last year hence why we (RVP) won the league.

The excuses are really getting boring now.

Yes because that is exactly, word for word what people have said.

Yes because that is exactly, word for word what people have said.

See the it seems bit I wrote? Did you miss it? Its a joke but tbh I half expected you to take the bait first.

See the it seems bit I wrote? Did you miss it? Its a joke but tbh I half expected you to take the bait first.

You clearly meant it when you said peoples excuses are getting boring when people are just pointing out the obvious. RVP's flying start and overall contribution is said to have won us 27 points. We were leaking goals for fun at that start of last season and RVP played an important part in a lot of those early comebacks. Our standing after those goals flattered us and covered up other weaknesses in the team.

Thats all we are saying. A midfeild teams can waltz through and a defense that was vunerable was on display early last season and I remember many a poster saying how it was not good for us to rely on RVP to bail us out. We didn't have a strong core then or now the difference is we don't have RVP bailing us out this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just reading that we are 81st in the football league for goals scored at home,for a team that prides itself on it's attacking prowess,that's shocking.

Look back over match threads from seasons past and it was predictions of winning 3-0,4-0 etc. These days it's "will we get a result?,not confident of this" or "I'd take a draw".

You clearly meant it when you said peoples excuses are getting boring when people are just pointing out the obvious. RVP's flying start and overall contribution is said to have won us 27 points. We were leaking goals for fun at that start of last season and RVP played an important part in a lot of those early comebacks. Our standing after those goals flattered us and covered up other weaknesses in the team.

Thats all we are saying. A midfeild teams can waltz through and a defense that was vunerable was on display early last season and I remember many a poster saying how it was not good for us to rely on RVP to bail us out. We didn't have a strong core then or now the difference is we don't have RVP bailing us out this season.

He didnt make all the goals though thats my point, its a team effort which Fergie seems to have gotten out of our awful midfield, also Rooney in a deeper role gave us a lot of creativity, remember his pass against Villa? Rio Evra and Rafael had brilliant seasons and Vidic's return was a God send, De Gea was a beast in goal too and won us some games with world class saves so thats how we won the league not because our rivals where ****e or RVP was unreal it was a team performance something we have lacked since Fergie left, if Moyes is given the funds in January and the summer we will come good but the excuses have to stop at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Southampton and Newcastle taking points off one another is a good result for United.

How the mighty have fallen...

J. Marston wrote: »
    How the mighty have fallen...

Soon we'll be competing with Liverpool for the "4th place trophy".

zerks wrote: »
    Soon we'll be competing with Liverpool for the "4th place trophy".

More like 5th look at Everton go under Martinez, I couldnt have been more wrong about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Pen.Island wrote: »
    Wilshere has done more in the game than Ozil today.

Also I'm not allowed post in the match thread because I am showing support for City.

You were not allowed post as you were warned several times for being a prat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A season or more of Moyes and games against the big teams will become our cup finals.

You were not allowed post as you were warned several times for being a prat.

Ooooooooooohhhhh fights on guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

RVP's flying start and overall contribution is said to have won us 27 points.

How does that compare to the points won by other teams' leading goal scorers?

Pro. F wrote: »
    How does that compare to the points won by other teams' leading goal scorers?

I'm not sure about other EPL players but I saw a couple of stat based reports saying that last season the only other player to win more points for his team other then RVP was Messi. I'll dig em out again if I can find them.

I'm not sure about other EPL players but I saw a couple of stat based reports saying that last season the only other player to win more points for his team other then RVP was Messi. I'll dig em out again if I can find them.

Again ill argue that most of his goals where setup by Iniesta and Xavi, just because they are lethal doesn't mean they won the League, we never said that about Henry or Van Nistelrooy etc

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I posted it last week.

RVP's absence is having a major impact (more than some appreciate) if lasts years stats are to be believed.

Baz1BUQCIAA_4wj.png:large

^^thats a crazy overall contribute ^^

Again ill argue that most of his goals where setup by Iniesta and Xavi, just because they are lethal doesn't mean they won the League, we never said that about Henry or Van Nistelrooy etc

Well this is kind of the point is it not. Barca can win 4-0 without Messi in the team. They have the strenght in depth to be able to miss him and we don't, they have Neymar now too. They play Cesc up front also. When RVP is out for us we don't have those other areas to fall back on, we have some but not as game changing.

Well this is kind of the point is it not. Barca can win 4-0 without Messi in the team. They have the strenght in depth to be able to miss him and we don't, they have Neymar now too. They play Cesc up front also. When RVP is out for us we don't have those other areas to fall back on, we have some but not as game changing.

We have Rooney who has proved in that position he can score, when RVP has played this season we have flattered to deceive. So no it doesnt prove your point.

Can someone throw up the stats that show DDGs save which stopped us from losing games. or the same for Rio's tackles/interceptions?

What im saying is its more than goals that win you games.

We have Rooney who has proved in that position he can score, when RVP has played this season we have flattered to deceive. So no it doesnt prove your point.

Can someone throw up the stats that show DDGs save which stopped us from losing games. or the same for Rio's tackles/interceptions?

What im saying is its more than goals that win you games.

Its more than just me that holds this opinion. Yes there is a team effort but goals do win you games well on top of playing well. We had many comebacks early last season. If we are defending well and holding our own in midfeild but the forwards are not converting the chances than you are in trouble.

We were not defending will or particularly great in the middle early last season and RVP gobbled up half chances which made us look better than we were. Its pretty obvious point people are making and the stats show as much.

Its more than just me that holds this opinion. Yes there is a team effort but goals do win you games well on top of playing well. We had many comebacks early last season. If we are defending well and holding our own in midfeild but the forwards are not converting the chances than you are in trouble.

We were not defending will or particularly great in the middle early last season and RVP gobbled up half chances which made us look better than we were. Its pretty obvious point people are making and the stats show as much.

And when he drew a blank for months I assume that was down to crap rivals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Just saw this on twitter. Dont think a team around could live with this at minute.
    Miguel Delaney ‏@MiguelDelaney 2m The best post-war goals-per-game ratio in English history is Spurs 1960-61, with 2.74. City currently on 2.94. At home, City on 4.38

Just saw this on twitter. Dont think a team around could live with this at minute.

Asked a city fan after their last defeat how they are reacting to losing so much, he said they are confident they will turn it around and win the league, in those few weeks we can see the difference in our confidence in our teams, he also threw in could be worse we could have Moyes :(

I said it on a number of threads/forums - imo this season will be the one where City turn into the team will have all feared for the past few years.

They will pull away and the rest will scrap for the remaining CL places.

all to the detriment of the Premier League.

Its a simple case that no one can compete with the resources/cash they have.

Agueroooo wrote: »
    I said it on a number of threads/forums - imo this season will be the one where City turn into the team will have all feared for the past few years.

They will pull away and the rest will scrap for the remaining CL places.

all to the detriment of the Premier League.

Its a simple case that no one can compete with the resources/cash they have.

Fair play rules will put an end to that ;)

Fair play rules will put an end to that ;)

As you know unfortunately not.

Platini has quit his crusade since his son is at PSG going against every principle he tried to impose :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nani not in the squad tomorrow according to Craig Norwood due to birth of his child.

As you know unfortunately not.

Platini has quit his crusade since his son is at PSG going against every principle he tried to impose :(

Wont be the end of it though.....I hope.....I pray :(

Nani not in the squad tomorrow according to Craig Norwood due to birth of his child.

Look what he & Rooney can do when he's on form.

iM5we85jU1u3n.gif

ibr2ciTO6MOQ4u.gif

Wellbeck on the wing so & 90 minutes of him being out of position or shooting into the stands.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Wont be the end of it though.....I hope.....I pray :(

There will always be a workaround, e.g. using Etihad Airways to inject money.

There will always be a workaround, e.g. using Etihad Airways to inject money.

Well I hope they look into **** like that, can imagine Chelsea's jerseys littered with Abramovichcorp to avoid it, be an absolute pisstake if so.

Well I hope they look into **** like that, can imagine Chelsea's jerseys littered with Abramovichcorp to avoid it, be an absolute pisstake if so.

aint City already in the latter stages of a £1Billion captial planning/redevelopment of the stadium and surrounding areas?

Thats the sort of shįt everyone else is up the against.
    M.E riches go way beyond any of our imaginations.
    The 'Man City Project' would be pocket change that the likes of us have in our pockets after a session to these guys

aint City already in the latter stages of a £1Billion captial planning/redevelopment of the stadium and surrounding areas?

Thats the sort of shįt everyone else is up the against.
    M.E riches go way beyond any of our imaginations.
    The 'Man City Project' would be pocket change that the likes of us have in our pockets after a session to these guys

Right lets slut ourselves to every oil rich fecker out there :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Realistically there's no way of stopping it. Etihad will just pump money in via sponsorship. If they try and clamp down on that, a puppet company will be setup and money moved from the owners to a middle man and back to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

If a club circumvent the rules, I doubt that UEFA will either be willing or able to audit sufficiently to expose it.

Football clubs are a means to an end for many of these rich owners.

Chelsea offers Abramovich protection from exile in Siberia.

Man. City is a promotional tool for the UAE.

Man. Utd is a cash-cow for the Glazers.

Liverpool is another feather in John Henry's cap, but he likely has more interest in the long-term future of the club that the owners mentioned above.

Newcastle I think actually have an owner who cares about the club, although many will say he has effed up more than once.

Arsenal might be the most well run club; a lot of prudence (too much many would say) since moving the new stadium has left them in a good position to invest in players and succeed on the field over the coming seasons.

• Advertisement

If a club circumvent the rules, I doubt that UEFA will either be willing or able to audit sufficiently to expose it.

Football clubs are a means to an end for many of these rich owners.

Chelsea offers Abramovich protection from exile in Siberia.

Man. City is a promotional tool for the UAE.

Man. Utd is a cash-cow for the Glazers.

Liverpool is another feather in John Henry's cap, but he likely has more interest in the long-term future of the club that the owners mentioned above.

Newcastle I think actually have an owner who cares about the club, although many will say he has effed up more than once.

Arsenal might be the most well run club; a lot of prudence (too much many would say) since moving the new stadium has left them in a good position to invest in players and succeed on the field over the coming seasons.

At least we'll make our money the right way!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement