Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It's only natural I suppose.

Whoever was commentating with him on the United match during the week said something about Jones. He started it by saying to Gary, "You don't have to comment on this but..."

I don't think he should have both jobs. He can't go all out.

I'm pretty sure that if he didn't have the England role then he would have lambasted Hart on a weekly basis.

Agree

The England job will naturally make him hesitant to be overly harsh on Englands players when they perform poorly, but I would say that is probably where the self censorship stops. Just going on what we know of Gary and Phils relationship and everything else about his personality I don't think he would hold back there

He has always preached about the history of the club, the morals, the refusal to have knee jerk reactions, panic sackings/signings. I think that is how he feels about that stuff.

Maybe he wouldn't be very vocal about wanting a change if he did want one, but I certainly don't think he is even swaying that way yet, he believes in this clubs traditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think Neville would have said the same thing with Phil not being in setup.

Father and Bro over. Gutted im not there. Its my favourite away trip of the season.

3 points is a must. Im not overly confident.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Just saw this on twitter, it's from David McDonnell, writes with Daily Mirror.
    Line up is apparently: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Evra, Valencia, Cleverley, Giggs, Januzaj, Rooney, Welbeck

He's released teams early before and they're normally exact or very close, maybe 1 difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

kryogen wrote: »
    I don't think so, that's my honest opinion. Gary has never shirked giving an honest assessment. I don't think Phil being on the staff compromises it at all.

Meant to quote this in my reply above. As I said there, I don't think he'd ever come out against Moyes, while at the same time I doubt he'd come out in support if from a footballing point of view he felt otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

LiamoSail wrote: »

Its a difficult one, I just find it difficult to see him advocating Moyes's sacking if it means his brother gone too. Having said that, if he was in favour of a managerial change, he'd probably say nothing or remain neutral on it, rather then coming out for or against. Certainly I'd doubt he'd come out in support if he felt otherwise

I didn't like his article in the Mail.

A lot of rubbish in their imo, he comes across as having a lot of blind faith. Moyes MAY come good eventually but how you could be very confident of it as long as he's just 'given enough time' is beyond me given the actual evidence so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Just saw this on twitter, it's from David McDonnell, writes with Daily Mirror.
    Line up is apparently: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Evra, Valencia, Cleverley, Giggs, Januzaj, Rooney, Welbeck

He's released teams early before and they're normally exact or very close, maybe 1 difference.

Hopefull Hernandez instead of Welbeck.

Miguel Delaney is going on about the Neville piece too on twitter for those interested

In fairness Kagawa should start today.

In fairness Kagawa should start today.

He's started the last 4 games and been pretty poor in all bar the first one at Leverkusen (who performed awfully). Would be totally understandable if he didn't play today imo.

• Advertisement

Hopefull Hernandez instead of Welbeck.

Apparently he's out with injury. Not confirmed yet though.

Just thinking aswell, in terms of youth players, who are the most promising? Was Januzaj well ahead ability wise of the others?

Blatter wrote: »
    He's started the last 4 games and been pretty poor in all bar the first one at Leverkusen (who performed awfully). Would be totally understandable if he didn't play today imo.

so have half the squad

I have no faith in Moyes to simply come good, I think he will need to change his approach to certain things and I think he will simply have to get better, whether he gets the time to do that or not is down to whether he can keep the team in the CL and reaching the knock out stages while he adapts to the monster that is the job!

The article itself is more of the same from Neville though really (I confess I haven't read it in detail, just skimmed), he bigs up the clubs traditions, points to others who have been given time even if they have ultimately failed to make the grade and doesn't want to follow the footsteps of clubs who demands immediate success. Don't read the mail, but can you point out what you have such a problem with in it?

He is right that Moyes will need time to change, I have already said its up to Moyes to keep United competitive during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Kagawa or Hernandez should be in the team ahead of Welbeck.

so have half the squad

True but he has dropped (or rotated) a lot of those players as well. Kagawa should be no exception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The hype kagwa gets is unbelievable, if he wasn't Asian people wouldn't let him off so easy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

iZ91OGVO5Nkzz.gif

First goal was pretty good as well

Oranage2 wrote: »
    The hype kagwa gets is unbelievable, if he wasn't Asian people wouldn't let him off so easy.

If he wasn't Asian...? What...?

DM-ICE wrote: »
    iZ91OGVO5Nkzz.gif

First goal was pretty good as well

Who's that?

Who's that?

Tom Lawrence I believe.

I hear you're a racist now Father, should we be racist too?

• Advertisement

Who's that?

Ah I thought so after the previous gif.....could do that in me sleep.....while posting here ;)

I would not mind, but I have questioned Kagawa more then anyone.

Not been his biggest fan like some here to date so far.

I would not mind, but I have questioned Kagawa more then anyone.

Not been his biggest fan like some here to date so far.

Being honest here, he hasn't had the best run with United. But there is no doubting his talent. A lot will say he has been played out of position, which is true, but I think it comes down to the fact that he hasn't really had a run in the team. It's a bit similar to Nani. They aren't consistently in the team in the last year or so.

Im not defending Kagawa or Nani, but what Im saying is that I think they need to be given the same amount of trust that Valencia has been given. He has been absolutely shocking for at least a year now but is consistently in the team. Moyes has had no problem constantly rotating the defence yet Valencia has been somewhat of a mainstay despite his form.

Not really, he has shown what he can do already, its not like he was bought as potential

"I think that we're getting to a situation now where there are a few who if we got the right offer for them [we would let them go]," Moyes said. "I don't know if we'd loan anyone because we've got a few injuries just now. Would we sell? If the right offers were there we'd probably look at it."

Moyes did not reveal who is earmarked to go but the club would want to listen to offers for Anderson, Bebe, Fabio Da Silva, Anders Lindegaard and possibly Nani and Ashley Young - with Patrice Evra and Rio Ferdinand unlikely to be awarded new deals.

Asked whether United were in the market for a 'stellar signing', Moyes said: "Definitely, 100 per cent. We were very close to a major, major signing in the summer. It's easy now saying it and we didn't do it but we were really close to a major signing and the club would have definitely showed what they're worth. They have got the money and the club will spend, there's no question about that."

Moyes admitted that he now regretted not making more changes in the summer. "There's a bit of truth in that and maybe we would have looked to have moved a few players out but you can only do that if you get clubs that come in and are interested. If they're not then you can't move them out."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10518614/Manchester-United-manager-David-Moyes-ready-to-sell-misfiring-players-in-January-as-he-pledges-stellar-signing.html

That pretty much confirms that Moyes plans on a clear out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sure, next week, he'll probably give a conference where he says he's very happy with the squad and no one will be going anywhere :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It'd be criminal to sell Fabio.

Id keep Fabio. He's shown before what he can do. He just hasn't been given a chance by Fergie or Moyes. Id much prefer to see him as RB if Raf is unavailable instead of Smalling or Jones.

Fletcher on the bench apparently.

Fletcher on the bench today, great to see him back.
    Just about a year since he was last in the squad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

kryogen wrote: »
    Not really, he has shown what he can do already, its not like he was bought as potential

He hasn't really shown it at the two years he's been at united to be fair. Anyway I don't want to dwell too much on the comment but kagawa gets unbelievably hyped yet has done very little to deserve it at united .

Fletcher on the bench apparently.

If thats true I can see him being brought on. Whether it would be a good idea or not, God only knows.

****!!!

Bench is weak. Very weak.

Bench is weak. Very weak.

Fletch the only available midfielder. Says it all about the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

**** off welbeck

Mars Bar wrote: »
    It'd be criminal to sell Fabio.

The treatment of Fabio has been very puzzling, anybody have any rational theories on it? Or is it just that he isn't showing enough in training? Poor attitude? He was rated good enough at one point to be the starting full back, even in a CL final, why not now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A loss today and we'll have 2 points from the last 15 available in the league.

We could well lose with the team put out today, surely it can't get much worse than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Read the team sheet and my heart sank.:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

adox wrote: »
    Read the team sheet and my heart sank.:(

It scares me how we've gone from "Ah sure, two midfielders and we can take the world" to "Realistically, we now need multiple midfielders, multiple wingers, possibly a striker and a left back"....

Have a feeling if we lose today thats Moyes gone, I hope we win for our sanity.

Doubt it. I really can't see him being let go before the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I'd be absolutely shocked were that to happen. Between Woodward being new to the job and the entire old guard, most importantly ferguson, supporting moyes, I doubt he and whoever else is making the decision would have the balls to push him this early

<3 Evra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

It scares me how we've gone from "Ah sure, two midfielders and we can take the world" to "Realistically, we now need multiple midfielders, multiple wingers, possibly a striker and a left back"....

I look at that team and take Rooney and De Gea out and your are nearly looking at what would have been a league cup team sheet a season or two ago.

• Advertisement

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'd be absolutely shocked were that to happen. Between Woodward being new to the job and the entire old guard, most importantly ferguson, supporting moyes, I doubt he and whoever else is making the decision would have the balls to push him this early

Just a weird feeling im having, hope im wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

We should not get rid of Evra, too big a character to lose.

Irish94 wrote: »
    We should not get rid of Evra, too big a character to lose.

Think its more that he is going to want to leave in the summer too.

He is getting older, he can get one more pay day and he can return to his own country. Attractive proposition for him.

He is such a leader though, we need him to drive this team forward today, as he says, if they don't get a result today against Villa, it will be "dramatic" and they will need to have a team meeting to sort this **** out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Oh FFS, Bambi is playing. Another 90 mins of shooting in the stands to look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Montroseee wrote: »
    Oh FFS, Bambi is playing. Another 90 mins of shooting in the stands to look forward to.

Put a barn door in front of goals and he will miss the barn door and score in the goals

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement