Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 Mod warning post #718

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Welbeck will score today, the power of positive thinking vs logic.

Test #1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Delighted to see Fletcher back in the Utd squad. Some amount of dedication and willpower from him. If he could stay healthy for an extended period he'd be a great asset for you guys, hopefully that is the case.

icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Very honest interview from Evra.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I've never been as happy to see a player back on the bench as I have Fletcher. Good player and badly needed.

I just hope its not to soon ala Hargreaves.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Delighted to see Fletcher back in the Utd squad. Some amount of dedication and willpower from him. If he could stay healthy for an extended period he'd be a great asset for you guys, hopefully that is the case.

icon14.png

That would be a nice thought, but I have a feeling he is there more because we don't have anybody else to even fill the bench then him being ready for Premier League football

kryogen wrote: »

Test #1

Positive thinking 1
    Logical thinking 0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Test #1

Worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Positive thinking 1
    Logical thinking 0

2-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

lol, Welbeck haters :D

Positive thinking 1
    Logical thinking 0

Quick lotto numbers now!!!

• Advertisement

Best finisher in Europe? I think so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Welbeck

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Played as striker and he scored goals.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Played as striker and he scored goals.

Amazing isn't it, I love that he went through Jan basically to get the second. Shows real desire and decisiveness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Shocking defending by Villa

Really really awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If he started out wide he would have missed both chances. He's an enigma, wrapped up in a mystery and buried in a box of WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

beno619 wrote: »
    lol, Welbeck haters :D

lol if only he had been doing this for the last 24 months he'd have more people behind him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

In the last 3 seasons he's had 44 apps as a striker for United and scored 15 goals.

That's pretty poor for a striker at one of the best clubs in the world.

A win here would not be much of an achievement, Villa are defending woefully from the wings and leaving their fullbacks isolated, and all of the teams we've struggled against this season have mostly nullified our attack by stopping our wingers.

In short it's worked so far today but I don't think it will work against a more organised defence and that's been our problem this season.

Piss test for Danny and Clev.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

omlette....im starving and going mad looking for the right eggs

magnumbud wrote: »
    lol if only he had been doing this for the last 24 months he'd have more people behind him

If he'd played up front for the past 24 months he might have more people behind him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Welbeck and Cleverley, you're both still crap but you've earned a week free of criticism.

If he'd played up front for the past 24 months he might have more people behind him.

yeah cause being played out of position turns your touch and general ability to hit the target to muck. must remind rooney of that next time he is pushed out wide.

i'm happy for him today but sure he has been played out a position alot but he has been given chances up front too and failed to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

They're all at it now. If Ashley Young comes on and manages not to fall over it will be the full set.

Gonna see Fletch for sure now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

POSSY wrote: »
    omlette....im starving and going mad looking for the right eggs

There's a streams thread. Please use it.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cleverley, you're still crap but you've earned a week free of criticism.

Fixed :)

yeah cause being played out of position turns your touch and general ability to hit the target to muck. must remind rooney of that next time he is pushed out wide.

i'm happy for him today but sure he has been played out a position alot but he has been given chances up front too and failed to score.

Yes actually, Rooney was awful last season, his excuse would be playing out of position.

Yes actually, Rooney was awful last season, his excuse would be playing out of position.

rooney was awful last season cause he had fallen out with fergie and wanted out. look back at his younger days. he was played on the left a whole load when ronaldo was at his best and still managed to play well and score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

rooney was awful last season cause he had fallen out with fergie and wanted out. look back at his younger days. he was played on the left a whole load when ronaldo was at his best and still managed to play well and score.

Welbeck often plays quite well. It's the scoring part that he struggles with.

Also, comparing anyone but the anybody with Rooney is a tad harsh

• Advertisement

I refuse to accept Welbeck is the poor player some people want to make him out to be.

Bags of ability and not consistently played up front, on the rare occasion that he scores his goals tend to ooze class and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Fletch lives!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    There's a streams thread. Please use it.

I had no idea what he was on about...now I know :/

Great to see Fletch back :)

welcome back fletch

Welbeck often plays quite well. It's the scoring part that he struggles with.

Also, comparing anyone but the anybody with Rooney is a tad harsh

fair point. but i dont take the playing out of position as an full excuse. he has still got himself into goal scoring positions and fluffed his chances. what irked me is the smug almost you were proven wrong statement 1 game does not change whaat has happend for the last couple of years.

as i said happy for him today and cleveley too. local lads who came through with big reputations if they keep this up i will gladly accept being proven wrong :D
    I refuse to accept Welbeck is the poor player some people want to make him out to be.

Bags of ability and not consistently played up front, on the rare occasion that he scores his goals tend to ooze class and quality.

yes he has ability but he is a striker at a massive club played out of position or not as a stirker his ability in front of goal has not shone through and 5 or 6 goals in a season and a half considering how often he gets played is not good enough. i dont doubt he is a scorer of great goals but he has to be a great goal scorer if he is to be long term at united

yes he has ability but he is a striker at a massive club played out of position or not his as a stirker his ability in front of goal has not shone through and 5 or 6 goals in a season and a half considering how often he gets played is not good enough. i dont doubt he is a scorer of great goals but he has to be a great goal scorer if he is to be long term at united

Agreed. But for a player who's main weakness is his goal scoring, surely he needs to played consistently up front to have any chance of improving.

I just find the criticism harsh vs someone like Cleverley who clearly isn't good enough and rarely puts in a shift.

Agreed. But for a player who's main weakness is his goal scoring, surely he needs to played consistently up front to have any chance of improving.

I just find the criticism harsh vs someone like Cleverley who clearly isn't good enough and rarely puts in a shift.

see i then think your being too harsh on cleverley. much like welbeck he has the ability imo but just doesnt show it enough both need to get their heads down and train even harder both in their 3rd season as regulars need to put up or shut up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Good win, much needed one, though against a very poor Villa team. Felt they had a lot of the ball today and a better team will punish us when we give them that time.

Regardless, 3 points on the board and hopefully the start of a turnaround...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Very disappointing we didnt score more goals against an awful team. At least its an easy 3 points

I dont believe Cleverley is good enough, but I Digress, il take positive performances.

Jones, Evans and Rafa were a big plus today Fletch looks like he's never been away.

It's still basically the exact same brand of football we've been playing all season but against poorer opposition than usual.

Hopefully the result is a confidence boost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's nice not to be pissed off after watching United play. Hopefully, that'll continue again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

good performance, now push on and win the last 3 games and be in a good position come january

Badly needed win there today and it's nice to feel positive about a Utd performance for a change this season.

I thought fletcher was very good considering how long he's been out.

Hopefully this is the confidence booster the players need to kick on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

When we win the league in may we'll look back on this match as the turning point.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Easy win almost to easy and that fact takes away slightly from what was a good performance from most of the team.

Delighted to see Welbeck get few goals today he looked really up for it and worked very hard and looked like he wanted something right up until last minute.

He gets so much **** on here and i think a lot of it is not deserved. If he could improve his finishing in front of goal he would be a very good squad player for United cause his work rate and heart is never lacking.

Cleverly had a good one today as well done the little things right and even got a goal.

Really it was a good day for the ones we all love to hate even Valencia looked like a player today.

Cue us losing the next 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Cue us losing the next 3

Nah, this team is better than they've shown. They'll improve as the season goes on.

Cue us losing the next 3

Can we not have our moment in the sun just for today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It's still basically the exact same brand of football we've been playing all season but against poorer opposition than usual.

Hopefully the result is a confidence boost.

Nope, today was much better and we created lot more chances than we did all season against any team in the league.

Poorer opposition who won against City at Villa park this season IIRC?

How hard is it to say "played well today"..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Powell on the score sheet again for Wigan. Has he turned into another #10?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement