Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

***** Motors Chat - Round 5*****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

CianRyan wrote: »
    Went to take the petrol out of the Almera, some **** got there first! :mad:

Fifty ****ing quids worth. :(

Where was it left ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

is your vectra automatic ?

I love my autos but the only thing that could make an underpowered Vectra even more boring is being automatic! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

is your vectra automatic ?

No, 5 speed manual.

Big Nasty wrote: »
    I love my autos but the only thing that could make an underpowered Vectra even more boring is being automatic! :eek:

I haven't felt it that underpowered at all. It's no worse than similar cars of the era. As long as you leave the climate control off.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I wouldn't drive them at all tbh.
    ba_barabus wrote: »
    No, 5 speed manual.

ah no good then... was gonna pick it for my dad and scrap his one since its over heating every day of the week !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Where was it left ?

In front of my house, my road is a rat run for club goers walking home so from Thursday to Sunday I'd pay little attention to noise outside at night.

ah no good then... was gonna pick it for my dad and scrap his one since its over heating every day of the week !

Ah no worries at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

One for Cleveland.

That reminds me I saw a black American style truck the other day with a 54 D reg. It was a Ford F something, maybe 1000?

It looked like this, but was black

1954_Ford_F-100_Red.jpg
    Went to take the petrol out of the Almera, some **** got there first! :mad:

Fifty ****ing quids worth. :(
    What tossers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

VCDS on ubuntu is a right pain in the hole to set up.... I'll get there eventually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

dgt wrote: »
    VCDS on ubuntu is a right pain in the hole to set up.... I'll get there eventually!

Not as bad as finding the u values for structural terra cotta bricks :pac::pac:

aw thats crap :(

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Do the NCT need to open your bonnet during the test, and if so why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Stheno wrote: »
    Do the NCT need to open your bonnet during the test, and if so why?

Yep. To check oil, battery clamp, that the bonnet latch opens, all levels are correct etc :)

YbFocus wrote: »
    Yep. To check oil, battery clamp, that the bonnet latch opens, all levels are correct etc :)

Hmmhp my battery is in the boot.

I'll have to get the bonnet hinge fixed before this weekend so, can't be decapitating an NCT tester with a dodgy bonnet hinge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

is it native or are you WINEing it?

Stheno wrote: »
    Hmmhp my battery is in the boot.

I'll have to get the bonnet hinge fixed before this weekend so, can't be decapitating an NCT tester with a dodgy bonnet hinge.

Same as myself with the battery, they have to check oil for sure though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

BX 19 wrote: »
    is it native or are you WINEing it?

Wahey!!!! You understand my frustration :D:D:D

Wahey!!!! You understand my frustration :D:D:D

Some things will never just work with WINE. Have you checked if it's capable with wine?

Is there not a native version?

You could always go the whole hog and go for a VM - Virtual box is what I use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Bought car in Manchester today, after driving 300 odd miles it seems really straight and I'm delighted, great kick out of the 170bhp engine and much different feel to the 1.8TQS. Interior is gorgeous and I just love being in the car, very long day though, woke up at 5.30am and got back to Cork at 8.30pm and then had pool game with my pub, just home now going to watch Homeland and bed.

Getting older aint so bad. I've been getting resonable quotes on cars I've always wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Getting older aint so bad. I've been getting resonable quotes on cars I've always wanted.

I found that once you get past 25, insurance gets more reasonable (and the late late show gets more interesting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I found that once you get past 25, insurance gets more reasonable (and the late late show gets more interesting)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Along with Jags, a pipe and slippers, and finding that music today just isn't what it used to be!

Along with Jags, a pipe and slippers, and finding that music today just isn't what it used to be!

You must be listening to the wrong music!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Dude, I'm 43 and the late late is still a load o bollix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Got a RedC poll in my email on public transport. It asked me if I'd take a bus or car in certain scenarios.
    However, the car in the picture was a Fiesta ST. :pac:

Guess what I picked.

They never checked my battery in the test. I guess they couldn't find it.
    It's under the floor at the drivers feet. :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Dord wrote: »

Mercedes love to play 'hide the battery', in my dad's its under the rear bench and mine is in the boot. The A Class is gas though, in a hole in the floor. Although in the a class was that an attempt at better weight distribution to stop it flipping over :pac:

Gary ITR wrote: »
    Mercedes love to play 'hide the battery', in my dad's its under the rear bench and mine is in the boot. The A Class is gas though, in a hole in the floor. Although in the a class was that an attempt at better weight distribution to stop it flipping over :pac:

Yeah, they like to break the rules on battery placement. In fairness it made sense on the A-class as it was originally designed to accomodate batteries under the floor as an EV. They never did much on that aside from testing, although one or two people are working on EV projects using it as a base.

The flipping over remedy only vaguely worked. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Yeah, they like to break the rules on battery placement. In fairness it made sense on the A-class as it was originally designed to accomodate batteries under the floor as an EV. They never did much on that aside from testing, although one or two people are working on EV projects using it as a base.

The flipping over remedy only vaguely worked. :p
    I never knew they were designed to be used as ev's, makes sense though.

• Advertisement

You must be listening to the wrong music!
    Ah music peaked in the 80's really. I like anything from thrash metal to glam rock to death metal to country music.
    If you see my ipod it will have Brad Paisley or Steve Earle mixed in with Steel Panther and Deicide

pred racer wrote: »
    Dude, I'm 43 and the late late is still a load o bollix!
    I was only taking the proverbial in the rest of that post haha

They never found it in the Defender either. Hiding underneath the passenger seat in a little sealed compartment.

Ah music peaked in the 80's really. I like anything from thrash metal to glam rock to death metal to country music.
    If you see my ipod it will have Brad Paisley or Steve Earle mixed in with Steel Panther and Deicide

I was only taking the proverbial in the rest of that post haha

If you hadn't said glam...
    At least you haven't publicly announced you like Avenged Seven Fold. :p
    Uugh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Got a RedC poll in my email on public transport. It asked me if I'd take a bus or car in certain scenarios.
    However, the car in the picture was a Fiesta ST. :pac:

Guess what I picked.

Down my way they would be confused as the people that picked the fiesta would call it some bus to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

@cianryan.....what you make of this? http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mazda-mx5/5568024

price etc aside, i think its look class :D

@cianryan.....what you make of this? http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/mazda-mx5/5568024

price etc aside, i think its look class :D

Other than the headlight lint I also think it looks class!!
    Those wheels are savage too, a third of the price wrapped up in there, easily.

So yeah, do it. :p

• Advertisement

The 1.8's are low compression as standard and mad for a bit of forced induction!
    Go for it man!

One window later and I have Central Locking and the e60 back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Ah its not for me to buy i just loved the stance of it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Ah its not for me to buy i just loved the stance of it :)

3k for an 1997 MX5 with 220,000 kilometres, fecking joke. Dont care what wheels are on it.

3k for an 1997 MX5 with 220,000 kilometres, fecking joke. Dont care what wheels are on it.
    Looks skangerized, plus there are lots of skidmarks on the road beside the car in the last pic.

JapScrap imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

We're doomed. Dooooomed I tells ya. :eek:

• Advertisement

Looks skangerized, plus there are lots of skidmarks on the road beside the car in the last pic.

JapScrap imo!

I swear, that term should be a perms bannable offence, especially when the poster owns a diesel BMW. :p

I've found the real reduction comes when you're 28, especially when you want to buy something fast.

As for the Late Late show........:D

I swear, that term should be a perms bannable offence, especially when the poster owns a diesel BMW. :p

logan-gets-his-claws-out-in-new-clip-from-the-wolverine-watch-now-139514-a-1373350776-470-75.jpg

Now now, what has the 516d got to do with this?
    Won't have it for long anyway ;) - not redneck enough!

I'm hardly that ferocious. :pac:

Having trouble getting quotes on my car without NCT on it... May have to get some one to trailer it to an NCT centre for me. :(

Having trouble getting quotes on my car without NCT on it... May have to get some one to trailer it to an NCT centre for me. :(
    Is that a hint? :P

We have a trailer here for the drift car man if it suits, There wouldn't be a prob some evening I reckon!

True! This might suit you better........

50110-Baby-Wolverine-Costume-large.jpg

We have a trailer here for the drift car man if it suits, There wouldn't be a prob some evening I reckon!

Yeah I could tow her in the truck either?

Yeah I could tow her in the truck either?

To hell with it you could probably bring it in the truck!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement