Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent Help Need -Regarding JavaScript CSS + Website Build

Options
  • 11-11-2013 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello Boards Members,

I'm currently trying to build a website at the moment. Very new to all of this especially the programming aspect.

How would I go about doing this type of Apple effect on my site?

http://www.onextrapixel.com/2013/09/18/onepagescroll-js-creating-an-apples-iphone-5s-website/

Specifically where I'm stumped is I don't know where to put the files, how can I insert and image - basically translated to - how the hell do I do it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated by anyone

Thanks alot

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gnr2206

Can I just add that Im using Kompozer as my editor and I have Sublime Text installed but havent used it really. Dont know if that helps

Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

There's a complete example available to download on the page you linked to. I'd start by downloading that and uploading it to your server.

If you're just starting out, I'd really recommend you familiarise yourself with the basics first. A plain html page with a couple of images would be a better starting point than html/javascript and css animations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

First read what jquery is (http://www.jquery.com), you can use jquery for many different effects on your website. No need to learn javascript, but some code understanding required.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

There are plenty of wordpress themes out there with this functionality also. It might suit your needs more as it would require less programming, just find a theme that you like the look of and then add in your content. As long as you dont need to customize it too much you should be able to manage it yourself.

Advertisement