Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can I get a new email account

Options
  • 11-11-2013 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have spent 3 separate sessions trying to contact UPC support today and all I got was repeated apologies for the delay and NO support.The calls totaled almost 1 hour after 6.0 pm.

What I need is a new email address.....how do I get one? Do I make it up myself in the format of jjkjhhjh@upcmail.ie and use Outlook to configure the servers and then test it, or does UPC have to create the address and allocate it to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

there is a UPC section here that might be a good starting point.

i normally dont use an ISP email as if you have to move you can lose it

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Where exactly......in computers&technology or Boards

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Etc

If you are a UPC customer you can post here

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Just make a yahoo or gmail or hotmail address?? Or have I missed something!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

ardinn wrote: »
    Just make a yahoo or gmail or hotmail address?? Or have I missed something!

I am not registered on either of those services.....I think they are under Google except yahoo, which I thought was dead and gone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭invaderzimirl

both Google and yahoo give unlimited accounts for free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Walker34 wrote: »
    I am not registered on either of those services.....I think they are under Google except yahoo, which I thought was dead and gone.

Gmail is Google's email service, Outlook.com (formerly Hotmail) is Microsoft's and Yahoo have their own email as well (Yahoo! Mail). There are also other providers like GMX and Zoho (Zoho Personal), just go to any of their homepages and register an account.

Walker34 wrote: »

Well then register - It takes like a minute!

Feck - I must have 20 e-mail accounts - You really need to web yourself up!!!

Yahoo is the handiest I think.

I'll even link it for you :D

https://edit.europe.yahoo.com/registration?.intl=ie&.lang=en-IE&.pd=ym_ver%253D0%2526c%253D%2526ivt%253D%2526sg%253D&new=1&.done=http%3A//mail.yahoo.com&.src=ym&.v=0&.u=9flca7l982q2a&partner=&.partner=&pkg=&stepid=&.p=&promo=&.last=

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

ardinn wrote: »

Feck - I must have 20 e-mail accounts - You really need to web yourself up!!!

Web yourself up? What use would you have for 20 email addresses? I have two, one for work and one personal. Granted if I wanted to sign up for something I may use a third but 20!

petes wrote: »
    Web yourself up? What use would you have for 20 email addresses? I have two, one for work and one personal. Granted if I wanted to sign up for something I may use a third but 20!

20 may be a little over the top but... I have

2 personal
    5 business
    about 3 I made up for singing into websites that spam you to bits with mail!
    another 5 I have probably forgotten about from when I was younger and never got any e-mails. iol / eircom / other such terrible services

So im not too far out really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭RikuoAmero

petes wrote: »

Security.

I have about 14 last I checked. I have unique email addresses for each website/online game/online service I'm a member of. So for example, I have a unique Facebook email, a unique Skype email, a unique ebay email. This is in case any of those services get hacked (like what happened with Sony's PSN hack). If they do, all I've lost is the one email account, which I can easily recover and change its password anyway by telling them to send a password reset link to my email recovery master account.
    If all you have is the one personal email for all online services and sites, and that gets hacked...you've lost control over all of your accounts. Sure, you may still be able to log into Skype, but if your email was compromised, and you wanted to change the email address your Skype account uses, they would first send a message to your (now compromised) email account asking "Hey, we got a request to change the email address, click this link if you're you and you do want to change it".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Seriously, I'm not that paranoid!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is this thread for real? Someone on the internet is asking how to get an email address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

`Surely if they have a boards account they already have an email account.

This reminds me of getting on the internet in 1997

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is this thread for real? Someone on the internet is asking how to get an email address?

well at least there is no one dead or injured thank god:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

i didnt know how to get an email back in 1999, but now when you log into google in the top right corner it says mail, click it and sign up,

Advertisement