Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Stable Warz Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Dx - the corp-min didnt last too long and was really over shortly after it began. Dx helped bring the attitude era to life and so gets my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

DX. Original incarnation was awesome and the backbone of the attitude era IMO. Awesome feuds with the Harts, the NOD and Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

DX they spearheaded a lot of what made the Attitude Era great

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dancor wrote: »
    DX

In this round you're asked to give a reason as to why you've picked your choice. Just to make it a little more interesting. Why would you choose DX over the Corporate Ministry D-Man?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

DX, for while I think both The Ministry and The Corporation were better stables than DX, The Corporate Ministry just live up to its potential. DX had a much bigger impact and delivered exactly what they set out to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'll echo the fact The corporate ministry wasn't as good as the sum of its part.

DX get my vote even though they were continually diluted over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DX - They were more memorable for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Omackeral wrote: »
    In this round you're asked to give a reason as to why you've picked your choice. Just to make it a little more interesting. Why would you choose DX over the Corporate Ministry D-Man?

Sorry Dude, didn't see that and I was on the phone. Will edit the nomination.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I know it's won but DX for me...was never a big Austin fan so DX and the Rock were the stars of the attitude era for me. The corporation and the Ministry were great as separate entities but when they joined together it became too overcrowded.

DX would probably be my choice to win this outright. They faction died at WM 15 imo...but from the music, to the antics, to their matches they had everything to make them memorable.

The Degenerates seem to be very popular and see off the evil alliance of the Corporate Ministry who are seen by some as diluted. Next up we have a battle of Old School vs Next Generation

Legacy
    'The Fortunate Sons'

randy-orton-legacy_original.jpg?1362573455

Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase

VS

The Fabulous Freebirds
    'Hailing from Badsteet,USA...'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRw0SUYzTrNpcDOK4NdkbXDa5TtIR-2la1hmPG-EnFwkgzyrNZigw

Michael PS Hayes, Bam Bam Terry Gordy, Buddy Roberts

• Advertisement

Has to be The Freebirds, they made being a heel likeable.

Legacy never did it for me, always seemed like evolution lite. Randy carried the group and Cody and Ted were still green at this stage but had potential. Hated Cody before he started wearing knee pads too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Legacy for me...solely for the fact that I am more familiar with them as The Freebirds were before my time.

Legacy really dragged out to long for me and I had lost interest by the time they had even paired Orton up with the others...it also failed to propel anyone but Orton (I expected DiBiase to go on to big things out of it :embarrassed: ). On the other hand my main memory of Hayes is as The Hardyz mentor in their early days.

Hayes also looks like Austin wearing a wig in that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Freebirds.

The most obvious reason being they pretty much invested the whole cool heel act that would become so popular in the future.

A reason to vote against Legacy is the already well established main eventer was the only one to look good out of it. Everyone else looked like crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Without The Freebirds, who knows how heels would have been portrayed in later years. They changed the game for everyone and I always loved "The Freebird Rule"

Plus they had much better theme music.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Legacy - because I like(d) them

I gave the reason last time but sure what the hell. Restating Orton was a good leader, it achieved its objective, had a logical conclusion.

Expanded reason - Orton became a real big deal during this time and taking on a leadership role was a big part of it.

Orton and Di Biase go to work up the card and interact with stars like Cena or reformed DX.

Legacy left all three members in better positions when it ended and was a success.

Freebirds were not a big deal faction imo. As mentioned since, more of a tag team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Didnt ever see the Freebirds, really enjoyed the Legacy and Orton was brilliant back then, was my favourite stable since evolution and nothing has matched it for me since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I have voted pro freebird and anti Legacy thus far. I've had a change of heart.

The Freebirds really don't have a "stable" vibe. I see them as a tag team. When you have a really good look at Legacy they were enjoyable(bar the skid mark that was Manu). Orton riding high and the Cody/Ted team having that feud with DX.

Legacy.

More disappointed than surprised with this.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    More disappointed than surprised with this.

It's 4-3 so it ain't over just yet. Getting some great comments too, especially Shagnastii's explanation of tag team vs stable and why he's changed his mind.

My favourite match so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Freebirds are the genesis of so much in pro wrestling today (from intro music to the Freebird rule.) As good as Legacy were, they simply don't stack up to the Freebirds. PS Hayes et al get the vote from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Legacy for me - I liked them at time bar their ending storyline

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Freebirds for me - didn't see them at the time but anytime ive watched them in action from videos etc I was always impressed by them and from reading up on them etc they far exceed Legacy in terms of impact on the industry and more. Having said that I would be tempted to go with Legacy having experienced their act myself but I never liked the end result of the group as despite looking good at the start I always felt like Ted & Cody stayed at the exact same level afterwards despite having much more potential and the mania culmination was poor imo

so Freebirds

Legacy have received 5 votes....

But two of those votes just say "I liked Legacy". Doesn't say 'why' the posters like them, which was kinda the main point of this round with the rule tweak. So I'm gonna let this run on until those two votes are expanded on or the Freebirds receive another vote.(Or Legacy receive additional votes from others)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Freebirds.

To me they are one of my earliest memories in wrestling. The freebird rule also as someone mentioned was awesome

Im surprised Legacy got this far..... They had the makings of a good stable but never reached anything near the heights of the Freebirds in terms of putting their stamp on the industry

Legacy are through to the Quarter Final. They see off the Fabulous Freebirds with a very controversial win! There's a hint of Montreal off this perhaps but that's the nature of the business!

More matches to be posted tomorrow pals. Keep up the good work, this round has been great so far.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Legacy are through to the Quarter Final. They see off the Fabulous Freebirds with a very controversial win! There's a hint of Montreal off this perhaps but that's the nature of the business!

More matches to be posted tomorrow pals. Keep up the good work, this round has been great so far.

I'm going to have to object to this, due to:
    So I'm gonna let this run on until those two votes are expanded on or the Freebirds receive another vote.

Freebirds - Legacy
    16:18 1-0
    16:29 1-1
    16:59 2-1
    17:22 3-1
    18:06 no reason given, edited at 20:50
    18:10 3-2
    18:39 3-3
    19:16 4-3
    19:47 no reason given, edited at 20:20
    19:54 5-3

20:06 quoted post

20:11 6-3
    20:20 edited post 6-4
    20:27 7-4?
    20:50 edited post 7-5

Not really sure how Legacy are advancing? Freebirds recieved another vote BEFORE the edits.

Freebirds - Legacy

Not really sure how Legacy are advancing? Freebirds recieved another vote BEFORE the edits.

I agree... mainly cause I voted for hayes and co;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Freebirds - Legacy

I think the way Omackral saw this was that people hadn't posted reasons, but he was giving them a chance to. People forget the rules somethings, especially since they have only been changed for this round. He comes back, sees reasons given, therefore Legacy wins. Like it or not, when he comes back at 21:27 Legacy have reached 5 votes first. Legacy win

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I think the way Omackral saw this was that people hadn't posted reasons, but he was giving them a chance to. People forget the rules somethings, especially since they have only been changed for this round. He comes back, sees reasons given, therefore Legacy wins. Like it or not, when he comes back at 21:27 Legacy have reached 5 votes first. Legacy win

But it was clearly stated as
    So I'm gonna let this run on until those two votes are expanded on or the Freebirds receive another vote.

Freebirds received another vote before the Legacy votes were expanded upon. Freebirds should be advancing, not Legacy.

Advertisement