Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Stable Warz Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    But it was clearly stated as

Freebirds received another vote before the Legacy votes were expanded upon. Freebirds should be advancing, not Legacy.
    Is that because you want Freebirds to win?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rules said give a reason, I gave one, it was only after I gave one that the rule was clarified, imo that issue comes before and should take precedence over the `if the freebirds' get the next vote post.

Anyway its only a poll thread so it really really doesn't matter, its meant to be a bit of fun, an extra reason to check the board out during the day.

Whatever happens we can call it the freebird ruling :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sorry I could've been clearer. What I meant was until the Legacy votes were legitimised, they wouldn't count. I should have written
    So I'm gonna let this run on until unless those two votes are expanded. If they're not, then we'll go with Freebirds/Legacy receiving another vote.

In the case that they weren't, then I would have accepted new Legacy votes or new Freebirds votes. However, Liz and DM-ICE backed up their initial votes without much delay so their votes stood.

Without giving too much away, the next round will be very gnfnrhead friendly.

We're gonna leave the controversy alone for the time being and soldier on through to the next match-up. Remember to give a reason for your choice!

Right To Censor
    'It's For Your Own Good'

Right_to_Censor.1.jpg

Steven Richards, Val Venis, Bull Buchanan, The Goodfather, Ivory

VS

The Shield
    'Sierra.Hotel.India.Echo.Lima.Delta.'

The-Shield-WWE-4.jpg

Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The Shield, they have more going for them than right to censor had, a quality outfit that deserve to go another round at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

I think this is a tough one. I like watching shield but i thought RTC played heels really well in that they were trying to stop some of my favourite things in wrestling, scantily clad women and hardcore matches, as a 15 year old.
    RTC for me

The Shield could, and should be seen as, the real dark horses here! I am obviously going with The Shield, never was a fan of Right to Censor, The Shield are better by the sum of their parts and as a unit, one of the best things about WWE in 2013 and continue to be very well booked going into 2014!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Right To Censor.

Why? Don't get me wrong, I love The Shield and I'm delighted that their showcased as a strong unit, but as a stable Right to Censor felt more...stable like. Plus the heat they would get was through the roof, which considering how "smart" the fans were was brilliant and a true showcase of how talented the group actually were. They could have been ever bigger, but the success of a stable isn't measured by where the main players end up, but how well the stable worked, and RTC did everything they set out to do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I just dont know, both great stables that I thought could both cause an upset or two in this had they not been drawn together

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The Shield. I thought RTC were great for what they did, but generally I just prefer the Shield. Plus the three have a very bright future, and can only get better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

I'm going to vote for The Shield. Two reasons really: First off because they have the ability to work as faces or heels. RTC can only work as heels. Secondly, The Shield seem to have at least two top WWE future stars while RTC only contained mid-card guys at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hated RTC so they did a good job as heels so they get my vote here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I fully expect the Shield to go very far in this and they get my vote here.

RTC were fun, but at the end of the day achieved very little. A short tag title reign and a womens title reign as best I can recall. Considering they got quite a bit of airtime, that has to be considered a failure. Afterwards, none of the members were in a better position either.

The Shield have already surpassed RTC in terms of success and are often relied upon to deliver the match of the night on any given night. On top of that, it's hard to argue against saying all three members are going to be in far better positions afterwards. At least one, but potentially all three, are future world champions. You cant say the same about RTC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

The Shield. I liked RTC, great little group.

But the Shield have made a great impact and IMO are still fresh, all 3 are potential singles main event stars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I'm voting for The Shield. I liked Right to Censor, perfect gimmick for a group of lower card heels at the time. But the Shield made an instant impact on their debut, in my opinion they were the best booked thing in WWE for their first 6 months and now look great again. Plenty of legs left in this stable as well and you get the feeling each member has a long term future in the company.

The Shield.

The match quality produced by them is beyond what any group I can remember. Relaunched the six man tag and produced many memorable main event matches.

Initial impact was massive in the debut, well booked since debut and I think all three have a big future.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

RTC, seriously I think they were one of the best heel groups in the attitude era. The Shield are decent but that being said JBL telling us they are the best group ever doesn't win me over. First 6 months they were amazing but as of late it's the Roman Reigns show.
    RTC get my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Has to be the Shield.

Was infinitely impressed by the debut of the highly touted indie sweethearts Ambrose and Rollins. Reigns as well has looked like a true superstar since his introduction. Adding the entrance, their promos and their look they certainly are the DB's.

RTC were not doubt heat magnets but they were soo mid-card. Stevie was probably at his best. But at the time it had been ages since Val and Godfather were relevant. Bull never was and Ivory never lit a fire under anybody.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Ivory never lit a fire under anybody.

Except pw poster Airmax

The Hounds of Justice garnering a lot of support now it seems. Could it be anything to do with their recent booking? Or their untapped potential? Next up we have two outfits who have hit no road blocks so far on their route to the latter rounds. This is the biggest match so far in my opinion. Genuinely excited about this one.....

The Hart Foundation

'The Dungeon Dynamos'
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwO-K_yy8VxU5VAL14n8cLg2Dn_ily7PerA411j3ua24Q6YK6c7w

Bret 'Hitman' Hart, Owen Hart, 'British Bulldog' Davey Boy Smith, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart, Brian Pillman

VS

The Ministry Of Darkness
    'All Your Soul Belong To Us'

wwe-ministry-of-darkness-undertaker-dvd-set-wwf-a7efb.jpg

Undertaker (Leader), Paul Bearer (Manager), Bradshaw, Farooq, Mideon, Viscera, Gangrel, Edge, Christian

• Advertisement

Voting Hart Foundation

The Ministry was completely mental, over the top and to be honest something I was not a fan of at the time. I would look back more favourably now.

The Heart Foundation had some of my favourite wrestlers growing up (Bret, Owen and Bulldog), held all the titles, great feud with Austin, pissed off america and only ended because of issues with Bret and WWE.

Both were great for different reasons but going with the foundation.

Well blow me down and call me a pansy, this is the clash of the ages. Honestly I have no idea, but I am going to make a decision, just to ease us into what should be (but may not be due to some people's hard-ond over the Attitude Era) a very close contest

And I am going with the Hart Foundation. The tradition, ability and the way they could generate a reaction from the crowd where all better than what the Ministry of Darkness had and got, plus it was really only a vehicle to further the McMahon-Austin feud (IMO) so thats why the Harts take it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

A rather easy choice for me anyway. The Hart Foundation by a considerable distance.

Think back now and how many Ministry of Darkness matches can you actually remember? Very few, if any, is my guess. They were all gimmick and not a lot more.

The Hart Foundation meanwhile have a ton of great matches between them. You could pick any two and it would result in at least a very good tag match. Neidhart wasnt up to much in singles but the other four were more than capable of delivering.

I'll be very surprised to be the Hart Foundation eliminated (fairly anyway :pac:) before the semi's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Loved the ministry especially the tuning up of evil taker and the repackaging of so many of its members (Vis, Mideon, Bradshaw and Rooq) but I have to go Hart Foundation.

I said earlier that they were a stable bound by blood. They always oozed that legit family vibe. The feud between HBK and Bret was electric. When DX were picking on Hart you had that genuine feeling that all the guys backing up Bret really hated Shawn for ragging on their leader.

The Hart Foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Ministry Of Darkness - CHRISTIAN :P

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

When Bret turned after WM 13 I loved it! Then throw in the rest of the family and the livewire that is Pillman and you have got gold! The anti-american stuff helped get Austin over even more so! Plus seeing Bret and Owen team up was something I had looked forward to for a long time.

The Ministry were very good, I liked seeing Taker and his minions. It helped the Brood set up a level and they excelled. Never really bought the Bradshaw and Farooq being part of the group. Just what I remember. Cool promos with very few good matches.

Has to be The Hart Foundation!

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Hart Foundation. Bret was my favourite wrestler growing up. Coupling him with Bulldog and Owen, it's hard not to rate them above most. Again have the ability to go heel or face and if memory serves me right, ran an angle whereby there were heels in the US and faces pretty much everywhere else.

And the Ministry of Darkness suffer a Hart Attack as they are soundly beaten out by Calgary's favourite sons. Next up we have a match that will divide purists from Attitude fans. There's no filler at this stage as we have our next gang war.

The Nation (of Domination)
    By Any Means Necessary

nation-of-domination.jpg?w=450

1st Incarnation : Farooq, Savio Vega, Crush, D'Lo Brown, PG-13 (Entourage) Clarence Mason (Manager)
    2nd Incarnation: Farooq, The Rock, D'Lo Brown, Kama Mustafa, Mark Henry
    3rd Incarnation: The Rock, Owen Hart, D'Lo Brown, The Godfather, Mark Henry

VS

The Radicalz
    'Vanilla Midgets :rolleyes:'

radicalz_display_image.jpg?1296966891

Chris Benoit, Eddie Guererro, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn

NOD

Launched the Rock should be enough of a reason!

Controversial, had Gang wars thanks to the excommunication of the non black lads

Faarooq's rants

Feuds with Ahmed johnson and DX

Mutiny with change in leadership.

Mark Henry

• Advertisement

Nation for me.

All of the reasons above, and as well for me they had something else. They were these Black Guys talking about basically racism, which made you automatically lean towards them. But they really managed to show themselves off as heels, both on the mic and in the ring. Even just the way Farooq and Rock said any means necessary was something that made your skin crawl in anger

Advertisement