Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Stable Warz Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Has to be the Nation. Although the Radicalz were undoubtedly technical better wrestlers, The Nation not only tapped a culturally significant tread of US history (everything from the Civil Rights Movements to the Black Panthers), it was the launching pad for The Rock and Mark Henry, finally gave Farooq some WWE creditability and helped Owen Hart out of Bret's shadow.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The Radicalz for me.

Any memory of the Nation for me involves The Rock, and their feud with DX was memorable because of DX...the parody of The Nation was more memorable than the actual Nation.

The Radicalz...while short lived were a big deal from their debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Chalk another for the nation.

Launched the megastar of the 90/00s The Rock. Gave the veterans a fresh run(Kama and Simmons) and was a nice introduction for DLo and Henry. Involved in many great feuds both internally and externally. As I've ticked so far. The look, the theme and the talent. Check. Check. Check.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Nation of Domination especially with co leaders The Rock and Owen Hart

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Nation of Domination especially with co leaders The Rock and Owen Hart
    Liz, ya gots to give a reason!

• Advertisement

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Liz, ya gots to give a reason!

As said by other posters was a launch pad for The Rock and
    Owen (Black)Hart was a great heel plus their feud with DX also helped build up DX

Mark Henry and Big E should start a new version of NOD add in Truth and Xavier and Tyson Kidd :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Nation for me

The radicals never were a proper stable in my eyes. They all really went their separate ways fairly quickly after wrestlemania tagging the odd time.

Loved the NOD for me, both incarnations were great.

The hard line black power movement pushed Ron Simmons as a big time heel in 96-97. Also thought Clarence Mason was perfect as the Malcolm X wannabe lawyer.

When Kama D-lo and Rocky got added in took a diferent turn, less black power but oozed cooliness and style.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Nation dominate their way through yet another round without too many hiccups. Another strong entity it seems. I wonder which incarnation people enjoyed more. I imagine that could be a fact we will find out at a later stage. There are only 3 spots left in the quarter finals. Let's see who is going to claim the next available bracket in this match. Oh it's a juicy one....

The Corporation
    'Don't Cross the Boss'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcpMEYjKGzaTw3Md03y56XCJVdBAzNk7BvrFKRZqf_v7Uehyw3

Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, The Rock,
    Ken Shamrock, Bossman, Test, Big Show, Sgt Slaughter, Gerald Briscoe,Pat Patterson

VS

New World Order
    'nWo 4 Life'

scott-hall-kevin-nash-buff-bagwell-konnan-signed-nwo-16x20-photo-psadna-coa-wwe-442-t2058904-500.jpg

Main Members: Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, The Giant, Syxx, Randy Savage, Eric Bischoff

N-W-O.

Like I said the whole angle with Sting and the NWO is probably my favourite of all time. The fraction truly made the wrestling business "grow up". So much 5-star when you nitpick the stable. Big gang feel, Star power galore and possibly the coolest look and marketing of all time.

I pray when/if Cena turns it's as epic as "vitamins and prayers" Hogan's turn

NWO lead by a graffitied title holding Hogan to advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

The Corporation, I only watched WWE/F as a kid and McMahon was evil incarnate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It tough because the nWo would eventually turn to crap. Had they ended it before it got bloated, they'd win the whole lot.

Both had highs and lows but at their peak, nWo get the victory for me.

They also played a far bigger role in wrestling than the coporation did. Austin would have happened either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

NWO. One of the most memorable stables of all time without doubt.
    Hated Hogan and Nash as individuals but loved the group. 4life

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Corporation. In this one, the bloated mess that the NWO became counts against them for me.

For me The Corporation was one of the best heel stables of the Attitude Era and I remember them more :P

NWO. They changed the landscape of wrestling. sure they jumped the shark but they put WCW ahead of WWF at the time and made the company into a huge success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Corporation for me I grew up on the attitude area and never really watched wcw

Oh god, I have the deciding vote don't I? Feck, ok I am going to like reel off why I picked who I did and how I did it

Impact: The nWo made a huge impact and changed the course of wrestling for 5-10 years. They were fantastic and brought out the best in Vince, who is really quite good creatively when he wants to be.
    The Corporation also made quite an impact, helping Stone Cold and Mick Foley get over even more, and giving Mick Foley 3 WWE championships, a credit for a career in which he sacrificed his body for the love of the business.
    nWo win

Storyline: nWo started off really awesome, wanting to change the wrestling world and basically take over. While they achieved their aims in the end, it became more the Hogan and Bischoff show and really squashed a lot of guys and ruined a company and the storyline never changed. That's the reason we all hate Cena now-it became stale
    The Corporations storyline was very simple-give the title to someone who can represent the company the way Vince wants. They did this, and it was never boring. It also propelled The Rock into super stardom once his face turn came!
    Corporation win

Legacy: nWo are, as I said above, the reason pro-wrestling changed dramatically and altered wrestling history. However, the fact it went on so long and never had anything within the company challenge it means it losses a lot of it's shine
    The Corporation won't be remembered much except for the fact that it was one of the real building blocks in the Austin-McMahon feud and helped turn the tide against WCW. However, it launched 2 superstars into mega-stardom (Foley finally clicked with the fans while The Rock would go onto..well you know!)
    Corporation wins

Hence I'm giving it to The Corporation. They shouldn't (and won't) win the thing, but as I said above I believe they were a better faction!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭nazmoalex

I would go with the nWo! I watched WCW before the nWo formed and it had gotten so stale, the mid carders always put on decent matches but the main event scene was dead. When the nWo formed that all changed and tuning into nitro to see who had switched sides was must see tv for me. The Corporation were an excellent stable but nWo was just too sweeeeeet!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Corporation beats out the ever expanding New World Order in an epic Monday Night War style match-up. A very worthy deciding post from mrkiscool2 to send the Attitude Era favourites through to the quarters. Who will join them there? You choose.

Raven's Flock
    'Or Nest, or Gathering, or Deadpool... you get it'

11952797-the-flock.jpg

Raven, Saturn, Kidman, Stevie Richards, Reese, Scotty Riggs, Sick Boy, Lodi, Horace Hogan, Kanyon, Van Hammer

VS

The Four Horsemen
    'Throw up the Fingers'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFRTBkEXC_HyWZAlvCizRWkaHcTadcmlHIzrYyg0ssCiPr8LH9CA

Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, JJ Dillon (Manager)

Awh gutted the NWO fall short they were my pick.

The Flock were great and really made Raven in WCW but The Horsemen are The Horsemen. Flair was at his greatest, the Andersons were so badass and as he said himself on The Horseman DVD Tully was that little spark for the big bundle of TNT that was.

Every single four man stable will forever be compared to The Horsemen. This is due to their trailblazing influence and success in the art of wrestling gang warfare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Quote the Raven forever more.
    Nah. The horsemen to me are the benchmark for all stables, often imitated never equalled.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

ricero wrote: »
    Corporation for me I grew up on the attitude area and never really watched wcw

Is that a good enough reason to vote against the NWO? They were the reason you had an attitude era!

I voted against them last time and feel like a right dope for doing so.

I would have voted nWo, the faction started through what was an invasion storyline that actually went somewhere. Hogan becoming a bad guy is one of the greatest moments in history. They brought edginess to wrestling, drove interest in the product. The history of the group is like reading an encyclopedia they had that big a reach as a faction. They are the reason wrestling was actually cool brother.

I love this Hogan piece
    As far as I'm concerned, all this crap in the ring represents these fans out here! For two years, brother! For two years I held my head high! I did everything for the charities! I did everything for the kids! And the reception I got when I came out here, you fans can stick it, brother! Because if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan you people wouldn't be here! If it wasn't for Hulk Hogan Eric Bischoff would be still selling meat from a truck in Minneapolis! And if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan, all these johnny-come-latelies that you see out here, wrestling wouldn't be here! I was selling out the world, brother, while they were bumming gas to put in their car to get to high school! So the way it is now, brother, with Hulk Hogan and the new world organization of wrestling, brother, me and the new blood by my side...whatcha gonna do, brother, when the new world organization[10] runs wild on you?

Four Horsemen : Simply put, they were the blueprint for heel factions for years to come. Probably the best stable ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

cant believe nwo are out, wish i was online to vote them through

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Is that a good enough reason to vote against the NWO? They were the reason you had an attitude era!

I would have voted nWo, the faction started through what was an invasion storyline that actually went somewhere. Hogan becoming a bad guy is one of the greatest moments in history. They brought edginess to wrestling, drove interest in the product. The history of the group is like reading an encyclopedia they had that big a reach as a faction. They are the reason wrestling was actually cool brother.

I love this Hogan piece
    As far as I'm concerned, all this crap in the ring represents these fans out here! For two years, brother! For two years I held my head high! I did everything for the charities! I did everything for the kids! And the reception I got when I came out here, you fans can stick it, brother! Because if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan you people wouldn't be here! If it wasn't for Hulk Hogan Eric Bischoff would be still selling meat from a truck in Minneapolis! And if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan, all these johnny-come-latelies that you see out here, wrestling wouldn't be here! I was selling out the world, brother, while they were bumming gas to put in their car to get to high school! So the way it is now, brother, with Hulk Hogan and the new world organization of wrestling, brother, me and the new blood by my side...whatcha gonna do, brother, when the new world organization[10] runs wild on you?
    That's what you get to this stage of the tourney, and it killed me to vote for The Corporation, but looking back I believe they were better. Love the nWo more though!

Without the Horsemen, most stables wouldnt exist. Pretty simple reasoning but the Flock arent even close to them.
    That's what you get to this stage of the tourney, and it killed me to vote for The Corporation, but looking back I believe they were better. Love the nWo more though!

Still not sure how you came to the conclusion that the corporation had a better legacy than the nWo. The nWo are one of the biggest and most popular factions of all time. The corporation featured a load of jobbers that nobody even remembers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I love this Hogan piece

but the corporation had Shane O'Mac :D

ricero wrote: »
    but the corporation had Shane O'Mac :D

Why are you giving people reasons to vote against them? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ah yeah, it was a question rather than complaint. I assumed that reason was as fluffy as my previous `I like them reason' that needed expanding upon before it counted. Corporation are worthy of votes no doubt.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, it was a question rather than complaint. I assumed that reason was as fluffy as my previous `I like them reason' that needed expanding upon before it counted. Corporation are worthy of votes no doubt.
    I agree! But it's a valid reason! I felt I need to explain why I was voting Corporation, even moreso because it was the deciding vote! It's literally the only match so far that I was genuinely torn 50:50.

Back on Topic and it has to be The Four Horsemen. One of the favourites, if not the single favourite. 4 great wrestlers who came together to form one of the greatest factions of all time. Simply an amazing group, I could go on praising them!

Advertisement