Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Stable Warz Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

A short and sweet affair as the Four Horsemen force Raven and Co to get the flock out of here. There's only one spot left in the quarter final. I wonder have we got an upset left in us?

The Network
    'Cyrus' Virus'

02.jpg

Steve Corino, Jack Victory, Rhino, Tajiri, Scotty Anton, Cyrus

VS

The Brood
    'Bloodbath City'

07.jpg

Gangrel, Edge, Christian

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Has to be the Brood. No one outside of ECW hardcore fans in Phili remember The Network, whereas the Brood lauched Edge and Christian (although I think both wrestled in WWE before the formation of the Brood.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Did we not have The Shield like 3 or 4 clashes ago?

Yep, they already beat RTC to make it!

The Shield, because they're the future.

Apologies ger, would you mind voting again. I made a mistake with the match-up. Botchamania

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Brood as Christian was in it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Omackeral wrote: »
    Apologies ger, would you mind voting again. I made a mistake with the match-up. Botchamania

No worries. Updated my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Would love to see the network go that bit further but I can't not vote for the Brood. Mainly due to where E&C went. Was an interesting introduction for the duo. Gangrel and their bloodbaths in the mix they created loads of memorable moments.

Brood.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ill go for the Network. Loved both and it was tough, but the idea of the network was genius and spear headed by the under rated Don Callis, the network was truly inspired booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The Brood for me...although purely by being the more memorable, and the bloodbaths.

Always thought the Brood never really lived up to their potential. Gangrel (tm) was the most interesting for me, Edge was the standout in the ring...and Christian was dire having not perfected the art of living off Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

The brood.

Unique look and all 3 were talented wrestlers plus there entrance theme was awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Boooo! Im boing all of you who let The Ministry and The NWO get voted out :D;)

anywhoo, The Brood here for me - suspect I may have been going for the Network only for the fact that like most I didnt see enough of ECW at the time. The Brood were cool though, very unique - especially their look and entrance. Cant believe it looks like they will last longer than the bigger faction they were a part of though but thats the way the proverbial cookie crumbles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Boooo! Im boing all of you who let The Ministry and The NWO get voted out :D;)

anywhoo, The Brood here for me - suspect I may have been going for the Network only for the fact that like most I didnt see enough of ECW at the time. The Brood were cool though, very unique - especially their look and entrance. Cant believe it looks like they will last longer than the bigger faction they were a part of though but thats the way the proverbial cookie crumbles.
    genuinely thought they would be at least the final 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

NWO not making it through is criminal!

The Network for me, cause outside of the cool music, The Brood became stale very quickly, and never did much until E&C did their own thing. The Network however accomplished so much more as a stable and were more dynamic and more interesting. Just because less people saw it doesn't make The Brood better

We have reached the business end of PW Stable Warz . Each act that has gotten this far has had plenty of support throughout. Will it be enough to keep your favourites advancing? Shock exit of the last round has to be the nWo, who would have been pre-tournament odds-on to at least make the semi finals, if not the final itself.

The line-up for the quarter finals is, in alphabetical order ;

1. Brood
    2. The Corporation
    3. D-Generation X
    4. The Four Horsemen
    5. Legacy
    6. The Hart Foundation
    7. The Nation
    8. The Shield

PW Stable Warz Quarter Final Rules

- Factions will be drawn randomly from a pot. Each faction is assigned a number as above.

- When a match is posted, voting is deemed to be open. Voting will remain open for a period of 12 hours after which point it closes. Votes after this time will not be counted. The Stable with the highest number of votes within the timeframe will advance.

- In the event of a tie, I shall cast a deciding vote.

All WWE bar the horsemen. Should be interesting.

ShagNastii wrote: »
    All WWE bar the horsemen. Should be interesting.

Shows the majority of the posters here were solely WWE/F fans growing up because there is no way the NWO should not feature in the last 8 at a minimum imo.
    Also maybe it shows the longlasting impact the 4 horsemen had on pro wrestling.

Our first quarter final draw has been made, and funnily enough Shagnastii's comments seem to have invaded the bingo ball machine. Voting will close at 10:15pm so if you want to get your team into the semi final, keep that in mind. Lets find out who's up first...

The Shield
    'Sierra.Hotel.India.Echo.Lima.Delta.'

The-Shield-WWE-4.jpg

Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins

VS

The Four Horsemen
    'Throw up the Fingers'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFRTBkEXC_HyWZAlvCizRWkaHcTadcmlHIzrYyg0ssCiPr8LH9CA

Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, JJ Dillon (Manager)

Maybe one day we'll look back on the shield as an unstoppable supreme stable but for me Four Horsemen set the bar. Original,charismatic and talented.

Would love to vote for Shield every performer has been top notch since their debuts. The hounds of justice mercenaries stick has been brilliant. But I have to go horsemen.

Always thought Flair did nothing that really caught me when he was in WCW and to some extent became a parody of himself. But during the Crockett days he was "ON". Really flaunted the stylin' and profiling that went on. I was real. Flair oozed class and money, Arn/Ole/Windham gave off the vibe they were about to split you in half at any moment, and Tilly as greasey and as sleazy as ever.

Horsemen.

Whilst we're here, The Four Horsemen has to be one of the coolest names stable-wise in the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

It's a travesty that Legacy have made it this far! :pac:

This is a final worthy match, that really should have been a semi final at worst.

Both sides have delivered in ring and in promos so my deciding factor is what it led to. For the Shield, it hasnt led to anything yet. For the Horsemen, it put Flair on route to being one of the greatest of all time. The other members never reached his heights, but didnt exactly have bad careers either. It's very tight, but due to the Shield's future being unknown, I'm giving my vote to the Horsemen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

How can you vote against the Horsemen. Without them, many stables may not of happened.

Shield have done well to make it here. Great first year, just beaten by experience im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It has to be the originals "The Four Horsemen" as aren't all heel stables now styled(ing) on them and as said above by ShagNastii excellent name

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I love the Shield and I want to vote for them againast anyone so I am sticking with it ;-)

From their entrance to the impact they made on debut, the matches they have had a since debut, Reigns spear, Rollins selling and Ambrose acting like the Joker.

No doubt horsey men are going through though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I love the Shield and I want to vote for them againast anyone so I am sticking with it ;-)

From their entrance to the impact they made on debut, the matches they have had a since debut, Reigns spear, Rollins selling and Ambrose acting like the Joker.

No doubt horsey men are going through though.

kinda feel the same way, those horse fellahs should prob go through but Im voting for the shield as this is about personal preference and I really like the Shield. Impact on the industry, how they developed etc The 4 Horsemen would probably have the edge but its been a while since Ive enjoyed a group of individuals like I have the shield since they have debuted. For me they have made Raw watchable the past year and brought back the six man tag team matches as a thing.

only the second time Ive said this (the other was voting Head Cheese over Demolition) but I'm voting one way (The Shield) but honestly expect and think The Four Horsemen should win, they were the blueprint for stables to follow.

Horsemen, without them stables would not have had the same success, probably the clear favourite now, and made flair a star, the shield are way too new to be considered to go any further, surprised they have made it this far, while two greats like NWO and MOD have fallen far too early.

The Hound of Justice are put down by one of the greatest of all time. No shame in that. Next up we have a dream match and feud that we have seen on our tv's during the Attitude Era. Who will advance? Voting closes at 8PM

D-Generation X
    'Are You Ready...to Suck It!?'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxe-O_9-NLKphKPTS_QwtFd9f1KT9tJ7jogyWe6WHapVijezDDsg

Original Incarnation: Shawn Michaels,HHH,Chyna,Rick Rude

DX Army: HHH,X-Pac,New Age Outlaws,Chyna

VS

The Nation (of Domination)
    By Any Means Necessary

nation-of-domination.jpg?w=450

1st Incarnation : Farooq, Savio Vega, Crush, D'Lo Brown, PG-13 (Entourage) Clarence Mason (Manager)
    2nd Incarnation: Farooq, The Rock, D'Lo Brown, Kama Mustafa, Mark Henry
    3rd Incarnation: The Rock, Owen Hart, D'Lo Brown, The Godfather, Mark Henry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I really think they won't do it, but I hope they do....my vote goes to The Nation of Domination.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked DX, but their legacy for me became tainted just a little bit when they has their reunion a few years back. Plus I didn't enjoy them as serious heels either, just didn't seem right.

But I can't remember ever not enjoying The Nation. Serious stable with a huge amount of talent in its ranks. The heat they got was great, while also carrying a huge amount of respect from fans. The group was also a very original idea and one that would be very hard to replicate today. They stuck around for the perfect amount of time also and didn't overstay their welcome. My vote goes to The Nation of Domination

Guy says nation.

Like said above DX's legacy is tainted by the dorky returns over the years. The old guy degenerates was somewhat pathetic. They were amazing when it was pure douchebaggary of coke Shawn and no longer blue blood HHH. But DX never hit those entertaining heights again.

The nation was great. Gave the Rock and platform and the breakdown between him and Farooq was done brilliantly.

NOD 2-0.

Nation for me too. Like people have said above, DX's legacy is tainted after the latest spells and think they absolutely sucked the life out of the group, was never too high on them anyways but the watered down version has not left a great lasting memory on many. Nation was a really good idea and executed brilliantly by the Rock, which helped him become one of the biggest stars.

• Advertisement

Nation for me too.

Made Rocky a super heel at the time.

Farooq,Godfather,Owen and Mark Henry all drew heat too.
    There was massive potential for a feud to develop with the Hart Foundation pre-Montreal that could have been epic.

That and DX never really struck a chord with me as much as they achieved.

Advertisement