Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Stable Warz Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Has to be DX for me. They were the essence of the Attitude Era. Had the crowds eating out of the palms of their hands. A stable of top wrestlers and had the ability to act as faces or heels as the situation demanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Nation see off DX in a fairly one-sided affair. Surprised at the ratio I must say. Maybe the recent reunions were just too much for some. Next up we have a Saturday Night Scrap featuring two crews from the same promotion at the same time. Voting will close at 9AM tomorrow morning. We might get some slurred posts by then :pac:

The Brood
    'Bloodbath City'

07.jpg

Gangrel, Edge, Christian

VS

The Corporation
    'Don't Cross the Boss'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcpMEYjKGzaTw3Md03y56XCJVdBAzNk7BvrFKRZqf_v7Uehyw3

Vince McMahon, Shane McMahon, The Rock, Ken Shamrock, Bossman, Test, Big Show, Sgt Slaughter, Gerald Briscoe,Pat Patterson

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

The Brood were cool and I liked them especially their entrance and the fact that E & C came from it but I think their time is up in this competition. The Corporation were not my favourite stable but they feuded with some of my favourite stables and even amalgamated with one. They were also involved in some of my favourite feuds and imo deserve a place in the later stages of this far more than their opponents here.

So The Corporation for me

Hands down, The Corporation. Everything from the Austin feuds to the Undertaker angles were great.

Just gonna give this a bump as it's an overnight match and voting closes in the morning. We're tied at the moment at 1-1. Would be good to get a few more votes in before the time expires.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just gonna give this a bump as it's an overnight match and voting closes in the morning. We're tied at the moment at 1-1. Would be good to get a few more votes in before the time expires.

unless im completely reading Gers post wrong its 2-0 atm as I also voted for the corporation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

The brood for me. I liked both but side with the brood mainly because of E & C.
    The gangrel spewing blood entrance was always pretty cool too and I loved their entrance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Im going with the corporation the center of great feuds with so many different groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm going to go with The Brood. The only thing I really dug about The Corporation was Rock being the Corporate champ. Will admit the Brood have done well to get this far but it just shows how likeable they were.

Brood.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Corporation for me...from around Survivor Series 98 til they merged with The Ministry they were just involved in so many great moments.

I know the peak of the Attitude era is considered to be a few years later but those few months are probably my highlight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Corporate because it had Ken Shamrock and led to a feud with Ken Shamrock.

Also it was an important faction and I don't think the brood were.

unless im completely reading Gers post wrong its 2-0 atm as I also voted for the corporation

My apologies on this. The stress of being a promoter is getting to me finally :p

The Corporation edge their way into the semi finals. Our last Quarter Final is down for decision and there is a clear favourite in this one unless you've been living under a rock for the last 30 years. With that said, let the voting commence. The polls will remain open until midnight.

The Hart Foundation

'The Dungeon Dynamos'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwO-K_yy8VxU5VAL14n8cLg2Dn_ily7PerA411j3ua24Q6YK6c7w

Bret 'Hitman' Hart, Owen Hart, British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith, Jim 'The Anvil' Neidhart, Brian Pillman

VS

Legacy

'The Fortunate Sons'

randy-orton-legacy_original.jpg?1362573455

Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase

The Hart Foundation by some distance.

The link through family is a huge factor. Gave the stable a truly real feel. When it was the world against Bret Hart you just knew the guys backing him were solid as a rock in support. Some really amazing matches involving all the members at the time. The group also oozed wrestling history. Would love to see the HF go on to win this.

The Hart Foundation.

The Nation, DX, The Ministry, NWO, The Four Horsemen, The Hart foundation etc these are the names I think make up the list of the best stables of all time

Legacy are at the very least a tier below them (probably 2 or 3 for me) and I am surprised they have even lasted this far tbh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I agree with BH, it seems lucky that Legacy lasted this long, and they won't go down in history as one of the greatest stables ever. The same can't be said for the Hart's, and for that reason I'll vote Hart Foundation.

Hart Foundation all the way.

In Your House Canadian Stampede with all the family in the ring is one of my favourite memories. That and I heart Bret something awful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Hart foundation: successful as a group, great feud with Austin, three of my fave wrestlers of all time.

Hart Foundation - head by my childhood favourite, the Excellence of Execution himself, and a number of other favourites: Owen Hart; British Bulldog; and Jim Neidhart. What's not to love about them?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

The Nation, DX, The Ministry, NWO, The Four Horsemen, The Hart foundation etc these are the names I think make up the list of the best stables of all time

Legacy are at the very least a tier below them (probably 2 or 3 for me) and I am surprised they have even lasted this far tbh
    Just the way the draw has gone! Get some easy ties and you can make it this far. But it most certainly has to be The Hart Foundation. Why? All technically great wrestlers, involved in some fantastic feuds and were just fantastic in my opinion!

• Advertisement

We have reached the Final Four. It's all talent at this point. Who will fall before the ultimate showdown? I reckon it's a toss up at this point between two outfits but is there another twist in the tale? It's the PW Stable Warz Semi-Final

Rules

-Draws are numbered and picked at random.

-Choose your favourite. Tell us why they should advance instead of their opponents. It's that easy.

-First faction to attain 8 votes will go on to the final. If there are not enough votes after 24 hours, the faction in the lead at that point will advance. If the teams are tied, I will cast a deciding vote

1. The Corporation
    The Attitude Era's Authority. Have ousted the nWo en route to the semi final.

2. The Four Horsemen
    A bonafide classic and trailblazer. Soundly defeated all in their way so far.

3. The Hart Foundation
    Bounded by blood. Seemingly a favourite here at PW Boards.

4. The Nation (of Domination)
    The Dark horses. Have seen off their greatest rivals in DX

The Four Horsemen

'Throw Up The Fingers'

1000w

Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard, Barry Windham, JJ Dillon (Manager)

VS

The Nation (of Domination)
    'By Any Means Necessary'

stables05.jpg

1st Incarnation : Farooq, Savio Vega, Crush, D'Lo Brown, PG-13 (Entourage) Clarence Mason (Manager)
    2nd Incarnation: Farooq, The Rock, D'Lo Brown, Kama Mustafa, Mark Henry
    3rd Incarnation: The Rock, Owen Hart, D'Lo Brown, The Godfather, Mark Henry

The Four Horsemen.

Like all their opponents thus far The Nation were brilliant but cant' compare to Flair et el. Nation Rocky Vs SCSA at DX in your horse has to be one of my fav matches.

But as has been pointed out The Horsemen are the benchmark when it comes to wrestling groups.

Horsemen.

IV horsemen for me.

This group started it all for me, and may never be equalled in terms of originality, others may have star power but they are the ones that started it all.

Has to be the Horsemen. The archetype that almost all followed. Not to mention its members, the legendary Rick Flair, Anderson and one of the best managers ever in JJ Dillon. No contest in my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Im going with Nation, I didn't know the Horsemen in that incarnation so I don't have any connection to them, where as I knew the Nation and really liked them as a stable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

This is a tough one. At first glance I think "Pfft, it's The Horsemen!" but then I begin to think about the two groups and what I personally liked.

I loved The 4 Horsemen, they just seemed like the kind of group you wanted to be a part of. They had it all, and to back it up they were some of the greatest wrestlers of all time (Not just Ric!). They cemented everything a stable should be and without them we probably wouldn't have had so many other groups in wrestling. They are the measuring stick for all stables.

But just because they were first, does that automatically make them better? I mean if you took that logic in other areas, The Beatles are the greatest band of all time. But there are so many others bands that came along since them that people consider better.

The Nation were fantastic, with the group having all the key parts needed to make a great stable. The fact that they made it to the semi finals is evidence of their hard work and just how effective they were as a stable. At the start of this if you told people they would make it this far no one would believe you, but as the contest has gone on I think more and more of us have begun to realise just how fantastic The Nation were and how much we did enjoy them. They deserve this spot 100%.

But are they better than The Horsemen? Again, I'm torn. I really enjoy both groups, but as this tournament has gone on, I've been reminded more and more how much I enjoyed The Nation and have gone back and watched more of their matches and promos. The Four Horsemen deserve their legacy and they still hold up, and if they were to make their first appearance every today the act would still work. It's timeless. That's why it has been imitated so many times over the years. The Nation however, well the whole thing has aged, which isn't a bad thing exactly, but it couldn't be done today. It is very much a product of its time.

With that, after a lot of thought, my vote goes with The 4 Horsemen, but only by a margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The Nation died a death very quickly and outside of a small number of feuds, they never really did much. I'm surprised they made it this far.

The Horsemen meanwhile set the template for what was needed to be a good stable. It has been replicated and duplicated hundreds of times over since but very few have even come close to matching the original. Nobody has beaten them for my money. The Horsemen fully deserve their place in the final, assuming they get there which they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Loved the nation but has got to be the horsemen, probably the first of their kind and you can still see it in many stables today, truly one of the greatest of all time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,365 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Four Horsemen as they set the bar and paved the way for all stables that followed

Advertisement