Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Stable Warz Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

EV 2.0 by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The Cabinet. JBL was red hot at the time. OJ probably gets more slack than he deserves. Plus the throwback to Virgil/DiBeaise was fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

EV 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

The cabinet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Really enjoyed the cabinet, were the most legit stable at the time and JBL was red hot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The Cabinet, never liked EV2 ....just a rehashed ecw stable

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The Cabinet. I just wasn't fond of another ECW "revival" thing. Individually, I'd prefer any of the EV 2.0, but as a group, the Cabinet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Angron wrote: »
    The Cabinet. I just wasn't fond of another ECW "revival" thing. Individually, I'd prefer any of the EV 2.0, but as a group, the Cabinet.

+1

really like those guys but as a stable it was just draining the last few drops of blood out of the ECW name imo and The Cabinet despite not being the greatest in thew world was good as a JBL mobile and JBL was King o Smackdown at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

NEWS JUST IN: The Cabinet romp home over the Extremists with a landslide victory. That one kind of shocked me, expected the Philly boys to clear out JBL's Chief of Staff and Co-Secretaries of Defence. And now this....

Blue World Order
    'We're Taking Over!'

BWO.jpg
    Big Stevie Cool, Da Blue Guy, Hollywood Nova

VS

Straight Edge Society
    'Shaved head...and better than you'

15270980.jpg
    CM Punk (Leader), Luke Gallows, Serena, Joseph Mercury

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Blue World Order

• Advertisement

Straight edge society. It was ****ing amazing at the time. Punk was on fire, his promos and massiah like mannerisms were brilliant.

This is a tough one, I'm going to say SES as I saw it as having huge potential (not fulfilled sadly) and really liked what we got but I wouldnt be surprised if more others voted for the BWO it's just that I didn't see enough of them at the time to really appreciate it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I didnt see enough of BWO and I really think Punks promo ability is better suites as a heel and he was great here so SES is my vote

SES, Punk was gold back then, his promos were brilliant and the group as a whole drew a serious amount of heat, only saw a bit of BWO, but werent too fond of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Straight Edge Society even though WWE dropped the ball with it.

One Nation Under Punk destroys the parody pranksters from the Land of the Extreme. Next up we have an absolute marquee match up.

Evolution
    'Past. Present. Future.'

05_BIB_Evolution.jpg
    Triple H, Ric Flair, Randy Orton, Batista

VS

The Ministry of Darkness
    'Hell's Henchmen'

ministry_display_image.jpg?1287120089
    The Undertaker, Paul Bearer (Manager), Bradshaw, Farooq, Mideon, Viscera, Edge, Christian, Gangrel

real heavyweight battle here, loved Evolution and were and still are my favourite stable since the attitude era, but got to be the Ministry, them and NWO, my two favourites of all time. Undertaker was just so brilliant and a great leader, some of the stuff they did was mad.

I think itl go the other way but I was a Taker mark and with him, Bearer & The APA not to mention the brood I really enjoyed this stable plus The Ministry really pushed the envolope at times (abductions, The Black wedding with steph and iirc some sort of branding / crucifixtion... need to rewatch that madness actually)

im 50/50 on Evolution however as yeah we got Orton / Batista from it and it was the first big stable in ages (or at least felt like it) but we also got so many big long winded HHH promos at a time when I feel the HHH hate was at its highest (what a great heel should do perhaps but it wasnt for me).

You voting for Ministry of Darkness BH? Just for clarity.

Omackeral wrote: »
    You voting for Ministry of Darkness BH? Just for clarity.

yep, sorry if it wasnt clear

• Advertisement

Nah I thought you were going that way, just double checking as it's a massive match-up!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Im going ministry of darkness, they were mental! And have so many of my favourite individuals in I would feel bad about voting against them

I heart Ministry of Darkness

Colour me SHOCKED! The mighty Evolution fall at the first hurdle. I thought they were dead certs for a Semi-Final spot and contenders to win this thing out right. But,as stated, The Ministry had some great edgy angles and people really digged them as a unit. Next match up will be a come down I'm betting.

Jung Dragons
    'That guy doesn't look Japanese to me'

01.jpg

Kaz Hayashi, Yang, Jamie-San, Leia Meow (Valet)

VS

Immortal
    'THERrrrrE HERrrrE'

immortal1280x800.jpg

Hulk Hogan, Jeff Hardy, Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, Eric Bischoff, Mr Anderson, Bully Ray, Scott Steiner, Matt Hardy, Rob Terry, Gunner, Murphy (Aligned with Fortune)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Immortal. Solely for the line-up and the fact Jung dragons did nothing of note.

Immortal for the same reason as above, not a big fan of either

Raf32 wrote: »
    Immortal for the same reason as above, not a big fan of either

Ditto

I make that 3-0 to Immortal so far. If there is no winner within 24 hours of a match being started, the team in the lead will advance to Round 2.

Immortal cos they were less crap in my memory:(

• Advertisement

Very unpopular draw there it seems. Hopefully things can pick up again after that dud.

Latino World Order
    'Viva La Raza'

01.jpg

Eddie Guerrero, Psychosis, Juventud Guerrera, La Parka, Hector Garza, Ciclope, El Dandy

VS

Mean Street Posse
    'Everyday, Somebody's Gotta Pay

meanstreet.jpg
    Pete Gas, Rodney, Joey Abs

Advertisement