Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Stable Warz Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Mean Street Posse, loved them back in the day and so underrated, never saw LWO but some great individuals in there

• Registered Users Posts: 86,027 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eddie's group Latino World Order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

LWO

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

LWO

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The LWO was loaded with talent but did little. The mean street posse were pretty much jobberific.

The posse get my vote for their involvement in the X-pac/Shane-o-mac European title feud. Overlooked but very entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

LWO

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

LWO were more talented (not hard with Eddie in their midst) but I really don't remember anything they did and do see their existance (not alone obv) as just one of the things that highlights how diluted the NWO had become and that by that point the how much it had gone downhill from the promotion changing brand it had been more so than a succesful stable in it's own right.

therefore im going with the Posse, they werent the greatest performers but they were memorable, fun and I think of them in a much more positive light, be that right or wrong on my behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Eddie's Latin Kings reign supreme over the Connecticut Connection (not a bad team name!). Latino Heat features again in our next match as we have WCW vs ECW in an interpromotional battle.
    The Filthy Animals
    'Keep the change ya filthy Animals'

tumblr_ma0gnhLGl21qzx70zo1_500.png

Konnan, Rey Mysterio Jr, Eddie Guerrero, Kidman (and later Juventud Guerrera, Disco Inferno, Torrie Wilson, Tygress)

VS

Da Baldies
    No Hair, Don't Care

hqdefault.jpg
    Angel, DeVito, Grimes, PN Newz, Red Dogg, Vito LaGrasso

The Filthy Animals

why? I know who they were and thought they were a decent group and these are 2 things I cant say about the ECW boys atm

Was a major mark for the Filthy Animals in the day, never heard of the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Filthy animals for similar reasons to the two guys above I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

The filthy animals.

Rey unmasked caused a bit of a stir and I'm big fan of Konnan. Filthy Animals go through.

The next few matches will be goin up before 6pm. There's not many left in Round 1 so we'll be advancing from here and the cream of the crop will rise in the latter rounds I'm sure.

I'd have liked the flow to be a bit more fluent with how often I have the matches up but hav been working loads of hours and can't do it from the job. Thanks to all the posters giving their continued input, it's great fun for me. Hope others are enjoying it too.

We're coming towards the end of Round 1 but there a still a handful of match-ups to be decided. Next up we have

The Jersey Triad
    'New Age Freebirds'

JerseyTriad2_display_image.jpg?1327532568
    Diamond Dallas Page, Bam Bam Bigelow, Kanyon

VS

The Brood
    'Bloodbath City'

07.jpg

Gangrel, Edge, Christian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

The Brood in a heart beat

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Loved the brood.

When no one was looking a used to spit water out of my cup ala Gangrel..... pity he wasnt a great grappler

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The Brood

they were fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

The brood

Brood for sure.

Cool entrance and theme- Check!

Great look- Check!

In-ring talent- Check!

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Brood for sure.

Cool entrance and theme- Check!

Great look- Check!

In-ring talent- Check!

How could i forget, was a fantastic entrance.

Easy pickings for the Vampire Warriors. Possibly the coolest entrance and theme tune ever. Cool little crew. It's Philly vs Atlanta again as steamroll through....

Triple Threat
    'Now with 2 Versions!

ecw6.jpg

Original Line Up: Shane Douglas, Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko
    Second Line Up : Shane Douglas, Bam Bam Bigelow, Chris Candido, Francine (Valet)

VS

The Blue Bloods
    'Would you like a bodyslam with your crumpet?'

02.jpg

'Lord' Steven Regal, 'Earl' Robert Eaton, 'Squire' David Taylor

Triple Threat. (the original line up)

Triple Threat.

Am a sucker for a no-fills skank diva like Francine. Think Regal probably played it a bit OTT at the blue bloods stage. He had honed it by the time he became William.

TT, same reason as above

Triple threat need one more vote to advance to the next round. Or can the Brits make a staggering come-back? Our next draw features a big stable that I'm sure a lot of people will like...

Triple Threat (partially to end this match up)

I like Regal but thats it with regards the blue bloods the other two faded from my memory really fast

Regal and Company have to gracefully bow out of the tournament after falling to ECW's Triple Threat.

The Nation (of Domination)
    By Any Means Necessary

nation-of-domination.jpg?w=450

1st Incarnation : Farooq, Savio Vega, Crush, D'Lo Brown, PG-13 (Entourage) Clarence Mason (Manager)
    2nd Incarnation: Farooq, The Rock, D'Lo Brown, Kama Mustafa, Mark Henry
    3rd Incarnation: The Rock, Owen Hart, D'Lo Brown, The Godfather, Mark Henry

VS

No Limit Soldiers
    'Master P's Puppets'

tumblr_mjaxtbumNf1s5lgzvo1_500.gif

Master P, Konnan, Rey Mysterio, BA Brad Armstrong, Chase, Swoll, 4x4

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

The Nation (of Domination) love these guys great presence

• Advertisement

The Nation

guessing it's the big one a lot of people will like that you mentioned as it was one of the main stables I remember watching wrestling growing up, a simple yet great idea that I enjoyed be it them feuding with DX or whatever else.

Again i'll admit to almost forgetting about the other group but now I wanna read up about Master P and his boys as im truely curious

Advertisement