Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Stable Warz Tournament

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Epic comeback? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It's gone to overtime here. 3-3!!! Next vote will decide who claims the very lost spot in Round 2.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

NWA all day

I'm way too happy about this :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

NWA for the win, coulda been muc more esp with Cornette as the mouthpiece

• Advertisement

We now know the array of talent has progressed into Round 2 of PW Stable Warz. In alphabetical order they are;

1. Age Of The Fall
    2. The Brood
    3. The Cabinet
    4. Corporate Ministry
    5. The Corporation
    6. Dangerous Alliance
    7. D-Generation X
    8. Four Horsemen
    9. The Fabulous Freebirds
    10. The Filthy Animals
    11. Fortune
    12. Full Blooded Italians
    13. Hart Foundation
    14. Immortal
    15. JOB Squad
    16. The Network
    17. NWA
    18. Latino World Order
    19. Legacy
    20. Nexus
    21. nWo
    22. The Ministry of Darkness
    23. The Nation
    24. The Radicalz
    25. Raven's Flock
    26. Right To Censor
    27. The Shield
    28. Straight Edge Society
    29. Team Angle
    30. The Un-Americans
    31. World Elite
    32. The Wyatt Family

So who do you think is the biggest omission? Who do you think could be a dark horse to go even further and cause some upsets? Who has no earthly right to still be in contention?

Round 2 Rules

-Draws will be made at random from a pot. Each stable is allocated a number as above.

-First faction to attain 5 votes will progress to the next stage.

-In the event that there is not enough votes within 24 hours of a match being posted, the stable in the lead will progress. If they are tied, I will cast a deciding vote.

- As before, if you can add a reason why your choice is going through that would be great but above all... Have fun!

The first draw is coming up next.....

Up first we have a firm favourite from Round One. With a charismatic leader and an army of followers, this crew could do some damage in this tournament, especially as they have a massive following right here on PW Boards. The team who was first picked out was none other than

The Ministry Of Darkness
    'All Your Soul Belong To Us'

wwe-ministry-of-darkness-undertaker-dvd-set-wwf-a7efb.jpg

Undertaker (Leader), Paul Bearer (Manager), Bradshaw, Farooq, Mideon, Viscera, Gangrel, Edge, Christian

VS

Latino World Order
    'Viva La Raza'

01.jpg
    Eddie Guerrero, Psychosis, Juventud Guerrera, La Parka, Hector Garza, Ciclope, El Dandy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The Ministry for me. Great stable that had the potential to be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

MOD by a country mile, one of my two favourite stables ever so wasnt even close for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Ministry. Much more important, memorable and possibly my pick to win it if nWo fail.

• Advertisement

The Ministry, LWO as a group are just one of the less memorable off shoots of the NWO imo and although Eddie etc are great The Ministry were so unique and as a young BH I really loved em, what a lineup too and the darkest of all Taker incarnations, one of my favs to win the thing but itl be interesting to see how they match up with a traditional stable like the four horsemen or something similar later

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The ministry. The Brood and the Acolytes fit perfectly and got so much out of being placed with Taker. The stable nicely padded out with the regimmicked midcarders Big Vis and Mideon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Though I did like the LWO, the fact that they were something of an NWO knock-off counts against them for me, so I have to go Ministry.

A demolition and not one that surprises many people I'm sure. Next up is a power struggle in the ultimate sense. I would have loved to see these two crews go against each other. Almost opposite agendas facing off here as he have

Nexus
    You're either Nexus or you're against us

wwe-nexus-wallpaper+(1).jpg

Original Incarnation: Wade Barrett (Leader), David Otunga, Skip Sheffield, Daniel Bryan, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, Michael Tarver, Darren Young

New Nexus: CM Punk (Leader), David Otunga, Michael McGillicutty, Husky Harris, Mason Ryan, John Cena

VS

The Corporation
    'Don't Cross the Boss'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcpMEYjKGzaTw3Md03y56XCJVdBAzNk7BvrFKRZqf_v7Uehyw3

Vince McMahon,Shane McMahon,The Rock,Ken Shamrock,Bossman,Test,Big Show,Sgt Slaughter,Gerald Briscoe,Pat Patterson

Corporation

The concept of the NEXUS was a great Idea but most of the guys in the stable were too green (and still are). Apart from Bryan i thought the stable was lacking experience and it showed.

Loved the Corpo and were how a dominant stable should be portrayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

The Corporation were a highlight of the Attitude Era. All were on top of their games during the period. Vince, Shane and Rocky week in week out produced great TV.

But I have to vote for The Nexus. THAT debut. The fact they all had their different gimmicks. The branding and theme. Their inexperience and how they succeeded after getting thrown in at the deep end.

think im letting heart rule over head here as I vote for the Nexus (but kinda hope the Corporation go through)

I was never a fan of The Corporation but I think thats because I was young and despite being the bad guys (which can be far cooler than the good guys - see my like of the Ministry) They were the authorithy so despite enjoying the storylines and feuds they were in at the time im voting for the group I know I liked more when they were around (probably cos I was older during their run) and voting for the Nexus. Their debut was awesome, they were very varied and they were anti establishment which made them cool as they went up against Cena and the like.... pity how it ended for them though but it coulda been worse when you look at Skip & Husky etc these days

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Im am going to go with the Nexus.

They were the reason I got back into wrestling as I happened to see their intro one morning on sky 1 and I have ben back watching and keeping an interest since

Its 3 - 1 to nexus.... id consider this an upset if they go through

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Corporation but only just. Just rewatched the Nexus' debut. It's still pretty impressive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ah Corporation by a lot tbh, Nexus was a great idea but not greatly executed in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Raf32 wrote: »
    Ah Corporation by a lot tbh, Nexus was a great idea but not greatly executed in my opinion.

I agree with this. Corporation for me.

Nexus have no business even being in the second round. The Corporation meanwhile were massive and a huge part of the most successful period in wrestling. They should go far in this even without having to compare individual members.

The Nexus are dumped out on their rookie asses. The Corporation power on to join The Ministry in Round 3. Could be interesting if they meet down the line!

There will be more battles down for decision soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Glad the corporation went through, heart overruled my head there with my vote

Next Matches will be up at 8PM folks. Check back then to help your favourites march on.... See you all then!

And we're back to the bone crunching faction warfare that is PW Stable Warz. Next up we've a pretty cool match up. Don't know which way I'd vote personally and the popularity of this first group kinda surprised me from their appearance in Round 1. So without any more delay, let's get down to it.

The Cabinet
    'Smackdown's White House Residents'

07.jpg
    John Bradshaw Layfield (President), Orlando Jordan (Chief of Staff), Doug Basham (Co-Secretary of Defense), Danny Basham (Co-Secretary of Defense)

VS

The Fabulous Freebirds
    'Hailing from Badsteet,USA...'

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRw0SUYzTrNpcDOK4NdkbXDa5TtIR-2la1hmPG-EnFwkgzyrNZigw

Michael 'PS' Hayes, Bam Bam Terry Gordy, Buddy Roberts

• Registered Users Posts: 86,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I guess because I remember them more I'm going for JBL's cabinet

• Advertisement

Anyone who doesnt vote for the Freebirds needs to hand over their wrestling fan membership :pac:

Advertisement