Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

As the number of days until the leaving cert falls, so do my expected points..

• 11-11-2013 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭

A current LC'er trying desperately to motivate myself. Doing 7 subjects, the usual "trinity" and also
    Chemistry
    Biology
    Spanish
    Music
    (All HL)
    I'm aiming pretty high (550+ is the goal). I just seem to be getting nothing done at the moment and despite seating myself at the desk from 5:15 until 8:30 this evening, all I have done is Mi Casa for the oral in spanish and probability in maths. I'm hoping that by having an honest record of what I'm doing here it will help me get more done and see where I'm falling down

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Day off school today, started work at 9am sharp this morning until about 12:20 so far I have
    -Written up rediculously long biology experiment
    -Done corrections on monera/fungi/protista test
    -Succesfully completed irish essay on na méain chumarsáide
    -Rewritten illegible sample essay on foréigean
    -Began second oral topic in fiuntas

It's still a long day ahead with spanish oral sheets ,an english essay , a minor melody, maths questions and a chemistry exam question to do. Kind of hoping optimism will pull me through :pac:

Well posting in this is a massive fail but at least I actually have been studying the past few days :pac:

To do before the end of the day :
    Chem-defns for ch 5 bonding
    Irish-paragraph(hwork)
    Listening vocab
    Bio-study for test on structure and transport in flowering plants tomo
    Span-vocab on multiculturalism

Whoops! Just realised I am literally screwed for the mocks as im going away next weekend, the following sat is tcd open day and then 1 weekend before christmas holidays! Cue panic!!

This evening I did
    Spanish oral prep
    Chemistry: all of ch17 summarised on ONE flash card
    -revised half the number 3s(flame tests, anions, heat of reaction, le chateliers , redox reactions (halogens& dispacement of metals))

• Advertisement

Ahhh barely did my homework this eve as had choir til 5:30 and the singing lesson @ 7:30 , on the plus side music practical coming along nicely with all four songs learned :) also feeling all Christmas-y and nice after carol service practice!
    Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow but doubtful because part 2 of HPV vaccine :(

Study is falling to shambles. So stressed I cannot even make coherent sentences right now. I just wish I could go back to the beginning of 6th year and do everything right! I have feck all really good study done and the bit I have done resulted in the sacrifice of not learning really well what we're currently covering. I'm actually trying to put the effort in but have so little time and even when I apply myself it takes me ages to cover something properly or do homework questions. Any one any advice?
    Ugh better get some sleep as I have a test on Larkin in English tomorrow -_-

My posting here is pretty sporadic but anyway...This evening I
    -learned 3chem experiments from no3s
    -revised yeats AGAIN and started preparing a question (I hate that man!!)
    -did maths homework(2 exam qs)
    -irish homework and prepared irish oral on gaeilge agus an gaeltacht also recorded notes or sraith pics 6 & 7
    -chemistry homework (periodic table, rates and redox qs off of 2013 paper

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭3raser10

hey there...just stalking ur log :P & allow me to say that STOP stressing out. I know u must b sick of hearing this but to be perfectly honest this is the best thing you can do from now to June. Even studying won't help if u r gonna stress out & worry & I'm saying this with personal experience! No amount of study will seem sufficient this year but just focus on how much u have covered each day rather than what you haven't. I know it sounds really really cliched but to me it has made all the difference! Last year I did bad in almost every test even after studying because i used to panic & blank out but this year they have improved hugely & yes cuz of studying but definitely cuz of not stressing out! :))

3raser10 wrote: »
    hey there...just stalking ur log :P & allow me to say that STOP stressing out. I know u must b sick of hearing this but to be perfectly honest this is the best thing you can do from now to June. Even studying won't help if u r gonna stress out & worry & I'm saying this with personal experience! No amount of study will seem sufficient this year but just focus on how much u have covered each day rather than what you haven't. I know it sounds really really cliched but to me it has made all the difference! Last year I did bad in almost every test even after studying because i used to panic & blank out but this year they have improved hugely & yes cuz of studying but definitely cuz of not stressing out! :))

Thanks for the encouragement :) I'm just gonna keep focousing on how much is behind me rather than what's ahead :/:L

Okay anyway, **** starts today! Started this morn at half nine with 2 spanish oral sheets, now to go revise 3 ecology chapters in bio and trig in maths! Hitting the books hard today as I've designated tomorrow as a hangover day :pac:

• Advertisement

Haven't posted here in ages but sure I may as well! Stared at ten to 5 this eve, so far in spanish have role plays learnt , work and money for oral done and revised subjunctive and present perfect tenses, weather vocab and did 2006 paper the dialogue question.

In other news got a massive kick up the ass today by doing a horrific mock irish oral. I tried learning stuff for it but I just sort of freaked :/ at least it was a mock tho, not the real thing!

I have an awful feeling that these mocks are going to be a huge wake up call for me. I am studying at the mo and have been most of the year but I'm just getting a bit disheartened because I don't feel like I'm getting the work done but I just dont have the time. I dropped by 100 points between 5th year summer exams and premocks in october so I'm just hoping I don't fall by more again:/

Anyway, rant over, better hit the books again!

I think I should change the name of this to my bi*ch/rant/moan thread because thats basically what it has turned into ..
    Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel that is the mocks. Fairly safe to say I got a wake up call regards studying but to be honest im the type of person that a shock/bad exam puts me off rather that spurs me on. I'm steadily doing worse in most of my subjects bar chemistry and biology, and not really sure what to do about it or where to start. I am studying but at this point I dont feel like caring anymore. My to improve on list from the mock starts as follows
    -ENGLISH: practice essays and don't panic under time constraints
    Go back and revise theme/issue for comparative
    Make good notes on the poets. Quotes are fine but if you don't know what to say about the poem itself they're not much good

-IRISH: only have p2 done so far so learn a thig na tit orm and practice doing exam questions on poetry
    Get writing in the language, my sentence structure/ grammar was dreadful

-MUSIC: composing was grand, practice listening questions, learn main themes for when they ask dictations. Also get more specific with instruments in what parts

-MATHS : a complete and utter disaster. Possibly start getting a highlighter and highlighting important parts of wordy qs as the sheer content of writing puts me off. A lot of work to be done and tbh I dont know where to start...

-SPANISH: timing. Dont spend ages on the bloody comprehensions and also do more opinion pieces

-CHEMISTRY: not gonna lie, loved this paper, possible go back and revise heat of reaction calculation as I balsed that up

-BIOLOGY: also a lovely paper , happy enough with it

I am actually starteing to think the word stress doesn't even cover it right now...

Spend most of time these days attempting to learn for spanish/irish orals. Spanish is fairly straightforward, we have been given oral sheets throughout the year of questions to prepare and get them corrected so just trying to learn them atm
    Irish is another story altogether. I've been trying my best to actually use the language and have noticed I can actually relax when talking instead of totally freaking out. I don't know how to answer any of the weird kind of topical questions they can throw at you and I'm pretty sure my grammar is atrocious aswell -_-
    Currently rewriting all my notes for the sraith pics so that's a job and a half in itself, and trying to throw in briathar saors and modh coinniolachs and tuiseal ginneadachs where possible (excuse my awful spelling)

Advertisement