Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best .22 pistol

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what the difference is. What would the hogh velocity be used for?

I tried the Smith and wesson 22a last weekend and was not impressed. The slide was hard, the mag release is weird, it felt heavy overall.

I am still interested in the Ruger Mark 3 but it seems availability is an issue.

I was happy with the Xesse so it might be the one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Theres no reason to use high velocty in a pistol unless its something like a Sig or something that needs the extra bit of poke to work the action, All you should be feeding an xesse or 22a is standard velocity or subs,

Cci being the brand of choice for both of these, Cheap to buy and great to shoot just shop around for decent prices!

One thing to consider, Do you need the "Sport" grips for the xesse? I could be wrong but i think they are mainly for single handed shooting something you will do little of in gallery shoots here!!

If it was me id have the regular 6" version and spend the money on more mags or Nill grips if you want to go all out!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Agreed on all accounts.

I think they have nothing but Sport versions in stock. But I'll dig some more details in a few days.

cw67irl wrote: »
    Theres no reason to use high velocty in a pistol unless its something like a Sig or something that needs the extra bit of poke to work the action, All you should be feeding an xesse or 22a is standard velocity or subs,

Cci being the brand of choice for both of these, Cheap to buy and great to shoot just shop around for decent prices!

One thing to consider, Do you need the "Sport" grips for the xesse? I could be wrong but i think they are mainly for single handed shooting something you will do little of in gallery shoots here!!

If it was me id have the regular 6" version and spend the money on more mags or Nill grips if you want to go all out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure what the difference is. What would the hogh velocity be used for?

I tried the Smith and wesson 22a last weekend and was not impressed. The slide was hard, the mag release is weird, it felt heavy overall.

I am still interested in the Ruger Mark 3 but it seems availability is an issue.

I was happy with the Xesse so it might be the one.

High velocity rounds tend to be slightly less accurate than standard velocity or subs. They are also harder on the pistol too.

I've shot the Ruger Mark 3 and it felt heavier than the 22a.

What grips did the 22a have? The factory grips are crap. You'd need to put decent wooden grips on it for it to feel comfortable.

The Xesse is a good gun, so if you are happy with that, then it won't let you down.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Snipe23

As for the best .22 pistol, in my opinion get the SW41 extremely accurate, very reliable, use cci standard ammo for the best results, I got myself a 41 and have never regretted spending the extra cash, the 41 is a top notch target pistol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement