Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

updating to gsm system-advice?

Options
  • 11-11-2013 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭

currently have my house, built 1996, wired to a homegard scopetronic keypad. im interested in changing to a unit which advises keyholders byy gsm text. any advice re units/ what to avoid/ costs?
    many thanks in advance!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

damian139 wrote: »
    currently have my house, built 1996, wired to a homegard scopetronic keypad. im interested in changing to a unit which advises keyholders byy gsm text. any advice re units/ what to avoid/ costs?
    many thanks in advance!:D

Too good systems to choose from are the HKC Securewave and the SPC.
    Both system can give remote access to the alarm by means of adding a GSM.
    Both systems are hybrid systems meaning any wired zones you are using on the system you have in place at the moment can be accommodated on the newer system. You will also have the ability to add wire free devices also.

Here is a link to the comparison thread.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have a landline you could use that for text or voice notifications.
    I would recommend landline ahead of GSM for monitoring.
    With SPC you would also have the option of remote control via IP with any browser or smartphone apps.
    The comparison thread Altor linked to is well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

just read that thread-many thanks. any suggestion as to cost for supply and replace the siemens?

just read that thread-many thanks. any suggestion as to cost for supply and replace the siemens?

Your welcome, have a ring around some of the suppliers here for prices.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Out of the Suppliers, some of those who supply Siemens are:

Northwood Technology
    RWL
    REW
    Borsatec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

thanks all!
    dont have landline- my home phone is courtesy of blueface via broadband

Is there a unit they have that gives you a standard analogue phone connection out.

thanks all!
    dont have landline- my home phone is courtesy of blueface via broadband

You could install a dialer to work with your service provider.
    The GSM will allow more functionality with regards monitoring plus remote access to the control panel.

Advertisement