Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented house advertised with wrong pics

Options
  • 11-11-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I saw a house advertised on daft and I liked what I saw so I arranged a viewing. Viewed the house this morning and it's not the house that's in the pictures. The landlord said it was for security reasons as he didn't want his actual vacant property up on daft probably in case it was broken in to!!
    What do ye reckon?

Also it has now caused a row coz the other half says im overreacting due to it not being the same house as advertised. Now, don't get me wrong, it's still a nice house, but not as nice, so im annoyed. Id liken it to seeing a 07 black Passat with alloys on donedeal only to view a 05 Silver passat with no alloys...

Am I over reacting??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

Depends on the gaff. How would we know without seeing it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

why bother putting pictures up at all if they are not the ones of the house?
    I would leave the house alone,not sure if I would want him as a landlord.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

You could kind of understand where the LL is coming from but the easy way around that would be to not put up a picture of the outside, just internal photographs.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a 'report' button on each listing page on daft.ie.

I imagine it is really because they don't want to pay the advertising fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Victor wrote: »
    There is a 'report' button on each listing page on daft.ie.

I imagine it is really because they don't want to pay the advertising fee.

How are they doing that? Advertising is free unless you want some of the value add ons anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I would leave the house alone,not sure if I would want him as a landlord.

I would echo this sentiment. The house might be fine, but the landlord sounds like someone who you probably dont need the hassle of dealing with. See this as a warning sign and run a mile!

Advertisement