Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you doing with your PS3?

Options
  • 11-11-2013 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Seeing as my last thread was shot down because I mentioned I'm selling my PS3, how are you going to react to the current situation regarding PS4 launch?

Will you be keeping your PS3 or selling on?

Sell now and be without gaming for a few weeks or get rid once the new guy is in town?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I'll be keeping mine - too many great games coming out for it, including next years goty, Dark Souls II.

Not to mention the back catalogue I already own and then there is PS+.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Ill keep mine as Ive GTA on it. I don't know if i will buy more games for it, but some of the new games coming out are only been launched on the PS3 at the moment, which i want which is a shame.But i don't know if i will use it too much and if i don't it will be a shame. Its still working perfectly, and i found the receipt for it the other day. It was bought in 2007.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Sold mine August 2012 to start saving towards PS4... It has been a long wait for PS4 to launch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There's no way I'll be giving away my launch model,I'm Gonna enshrine it :).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Will play both consoles, depends on what mood I'm in and what game I want to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I am going to keep it.

Sony will still be supporting it for a while. I still have a backlog and the gap between PS4 releases it what I will be working on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Keeping it, but dont know how much use I will still get out of it. It is an original Phat 60gb with 500gb hdd in it. Its still great for ps1 and ps2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭lertsnim

donnyb28 wrote: »
    Will you be keeping your PS3 or selling on?

Keeping it of course. It makes absolutely no sense to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Also keeping mine, tons of games I havent played yet that will be sold off dirt cheap as people move to PS4.

More I think about the PS4 launch there isnt really any game im super excited to play.
    Watch Dogs was the one I was really looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm a videogame collector so selling is never even a thought that goes through my head. I'll be keeping mind and continuing to purchase games for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I'll just put it with the rest

img_0057.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Jesus I can only imagine the cabling nightmare behind that unit. I've 10 consoles under mine and I dread having to move or add anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I'll be one of the few keeping mine I'd say, upgrading to the PS4 just does not seem like a worthwhile thing to do yet. Not until the games come out for it, I bought the PS3 on release date and regretted it. There was no need to spend that kind of money when there wasn't any decent games to be had for years! I imagine the PS4 will be similar, will be nice once they get used to the technology though and I can't wait to see a GTA on the PS4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Hawkeye1

I just bought a second hand ps3 yesterday, just back from oz. Need to play gta v and new gran turismo! Plus I dont have a pre order, will prob pick up a ps4 for xmas or in the new year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

PS3 lives under the TV. It is staying under the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭donnyb28

lertsnim wrote: »
    Keeping it of course. It makes absolutely no sense to sell it.

To offset the initial cost of the PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

i'll be keeping it. Just so i can't play those sweet mp3 and audio cd's :P On a serious note have the PlayTV add on hooked up to it and its now my saorview box :D Not going to get a PS4 until i see a game that i want on it that can't be got on the PS3. Not blown away by the launch library considering the majority of launch titles are available on the PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

There's no way I'll be giving away my launch model,I'm Gonna enshrine it :).

Still going strong, good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'm not going to buy the PS4 until January 8th to be exact. Its going to be my first purchase as I start my 3rd decade on this planet. I was mucho-mucho teary eyed.

As for my PS3 its staying where it is for now, under my tv. Once I upgrade though its either going to my old fella for Netflix/Blu-Ray or to my bird for the same reasons.

They can fight it out to see who gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭lertsnim

donnyb28 wrote: »
    To offset the initial cost of the PS4?

PS4 was paid off over 5 months so there was no need. Besides I have too many games to play on the Playstation 3 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Lads., how much can one expect to pay to pick a PS3 up in a shop after the PS4 comes out? Don't like the idea of buying one second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I'm selling mine with its 20 games and all the accessories. In the past I have kept consoles but never bothered playing them again. I've been playing GT5 since it came out and I'm bored to bits with it now and have no problem moving on to the next console now . Its on Adverts if anyone is intrested ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭uprooted tradition

Keeping mine defo.

Its more valuable to me than the money I would get for it. I sold a lot of older games that i knew i would never play again, but still too many there that will never be available on the ps4. Plus, it is still something the kids will enjoy while glancing enviously at MY NEW PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I think I will sell me own PS3 to help with funding my PS4 purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

ardinn wrote: »
    I'll just put it with the rest

img_0057.jpg

You're a liar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Keeping mine no need to sell it like my PS4 has been paid of since the day i pre ordered it back in June.

There is still quite a good few games coming for it and also with PSN+ there will be 2 + free games a month for the next while so no reason to get rid.

Have about 40 + disc games and another say 30 + digital games why would i wont to get rid when there is countless classics there

• Registered Users Posts: 33,827 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Will be keeping mine for at least another year or so. Between all the games I currently have for it, I also use it for playing stuff from my external hard drive (don't know when this'll be brought in on the PS4 or to what extent). Plus the lineup of games for the PS4 doesn't seem too great for the first few months, so will be swapping between them.

Might trade in my 360 though. Checked with Gamestop today, they said they offer €65 store credit for them (the 120gb model). Just never play it any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Penn wrote: »
    Will be keeping mine for at least another year or so. Between all the games I currently have for it, I also use it for playing stuff from my external hard drive (don't know when this'll be brought in on the PS4 or to what extent). Plus the lineup of games for the PS4 doesn't seem too great for the first few months, so will be swapping between them.

Might trade in my 360 though. Checked with Gamestop today, they said they offer €65 store credit for them (the 120gb model). Just never play it any more.
    Sell the 360 on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Keeping mine for South Park the Stick of Truth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Keeping mine, GT6 and TLOU DLC.

Advertisement