Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you doing with your PS3?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Keno wrote: »

orly_owl.jpg

Also .. thats my owl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I will be keeping my one. I've way to many games.. and hate selling them .. PS4 for the sitting room. PS3 for the bedroom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Hierro_4

Keeping it of course. Far too many games that I haven't played on it, great machine too. No way would I get what it's worth if I was to sell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Deciding whether to keep it or my Xbox 360 to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Keno wrote: »

Never claimed it was mine :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭LauraW7746

Keeping it, was originally gonna keep my 360 as only got it last year and ended up having more games for that then my ps3 but with all the crap Microsoft have tried to pull with xbox one, banning peoples 360 consoles few months ago because they downloaded a free game off another store and not allowing people to connect to Internet until 22nd because they received their xbones early, I just don't want to give them anymore of my money full stop. Managed to sell my 360 yesterday.
    The value you get with ps plus is amazing and Sony do not screw their customers over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'll be keeping mine, keeping its pride of place in the collection...right beside my PS1 & PS2. Too many games to get through on it, plus I rarely get rid of console stuff

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

LauraW7746 wrote: »
    The value you get with ps plus is amazing and Sony do not screw their customers over.

Maybe in bizarro land. Sony are as bad as if not worse than Microsoft, don't delude yourself otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Keeping mine, I bought it only this year, to play some games I missed out on being an Xbox owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Maybe in bizarro land. Sony are as bad as if not worse than Microsoft, don't delude yourself otherwise.

For 50 quid in the last year ps+ would have gotten you the following;

Batman: Arkham City
    Limbo
    Vanquish
    Big Sky Infinity
    Knytt Underground
    Mortal Kombat
    Gotham City Impostors
    BioShock 2
    Guardians of Middle-earth
    F1 Race Stars
    Sleeping Dogs
    Dead or Alive 5
    Mass Effect 3
    Joe Danger 2: The Movie
    The Cave
    The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
    Ōkami HD
    Thomas Was Alone
    Catherine
    Hitman: Absolution
    Malicious
    Demon's Souls
    Ico & Shadow of the Colossus
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
    LittleBigPlanet Karting
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (single player)
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    Battlefield 3
    Payday: The Heist
    NBA 2K13
    Saints Row: The Third
    Mafia II
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted
    Spec Ops: The Line
    When Vikings Attack!
    Assassin's Creed III
    The Jak and Daxter Trilogy
    Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
    Far Cry 3
    Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
    Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    MotorStorm RC
    Remember Me
    Grid 2
    Guacamelee!

You can't possible say that Sony rip off their customers.

• Advertisement

PS+ is stupidly good Retr0, check out Games with Gold from MS to see how it compares. Granted you only have the games available to you as long as you're a PS+ member, but for €50 a year, it's astonishing value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Myrddin wrote: »
    PS+ is stupidly good Retr0, check out Games with Gold from MS to see how it compares. Granted you only have the games available to you as long as you're a PS+ member, but for €50 a year, it's astonishing value

Not to mention the PS+ is required for multiplayer on the PS4 so you can keep those games for another 6 years.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have a 60GB PS3 in absolutely pefect condition. Watched Blu-Rays and a few games and that's about it.

I think it'll be worth afew bob to the retro collectors in a few years so I'll probably pack it up back into its box (yes I like to keep all the boxes and inserts of my consoles :D). I dont have the space under the TV anymore for 5 consoles :D

Lucreto wrote: »
    Not to mention the PS+ is required for multiplayer on the PS4 so you can keep those games for another 6 years.

Multiplayer I've not that much interest in, the free PS3, Vita, & soon to be PS4 games every month though all from the one subscription, really make it worth it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

It Had to be Retr0gamer gamer giving out about sony like he only be happy playing some odd JRPG there no one has a clue about on his custom modded 60 HZ SNES

While us are happy to pay 50 euros a year for games for the VITA, PS3 and PS4 now

Since i got PSN+ i have getting barely any games for my Vita and just play what ever i get for free every month for it as like 2 games a month pays for PSN + in its self

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Going to give mine away prob to the Children's hospital or someone who could do with one.

I don't have much time to play anymore so I can't see myself playing the ps3 & 4 so no need for both!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

sugarman wrote: »
    Will be holding on to both of them, as I have with every console iv owned from the Megadrive onwards:D

Sounds like a good opportunity for a photo of them all sitting together!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Myrddin wrote: »
    Multiplayer I've not that much interest in, the free PS3, Vita, & soon to be PS4 games every month though all from the one subscription, really make it worth it though

I am the same. I only played multiplayer for Mass Effect 3 and Bioshock 2.

The free games and the cloud saves are more important to me.

It Had to be Retr0gamer gamer giving out about sony like he only be happy playing some odd JRPG there no one has a clue about on his custom modded 60 HZ SNES

Why get personal? Surely everyone is allowed an opinion? :) Plus, the Snes rules all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

While us are happy to pay 50 euros a year for games for the VITA, PS3 and PS4 now

Since i got PSN+ i have getting barely any games for my Vita and just play what ever i get for free every month for it as like 2 games a month pays for PSN + in its self

I wasn't even talking about PS+ so I don't know where this nonsense came from?

I was talking about apparently Sony now being some bastion fo consumer goodwill when they are very far from it. For example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

Just because MS screwed up doesn't mean Sony are suddenly the saviors of the industry. They are a global company that only cares about taking money from you in any way they can. they don't respect you and thinking otherwise is very naive.

It's the same with PS+. There's no arguing it's excellent value but Sony are offering it because subscription models are far more lucrative than selling boxed games and gaurantee a steady income, not as some reward to the customer.

MS are as bad as well and Nintendo might even be worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I wasn't even talking about PS+ so I don't know where this nonsense came from?

I was talking about apparently Sony now being some bastion fo consumer goodwill when they are very far from it. For example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

Just because MS screwed up doesn't mean Sony are suddenly the saviors of the industry. They are a global company that only cares about taking money from you in any way they can. they don't respect you and thinking otherwise is very naive.

It's the same with PS+. There's no arguing it's excellent value but Sony are offering it because subscription models are far more lucrative than selling boxed games and gaurantee a steady income, not as some reward to the customer.

MS are as bad as well and Nintendo might even be worse.

I still don't get the point you're trying to make.

You claimed Sony are as bad if not worse then Microsoft.

All companies out to make a profit is no shock, so how exactly are Sony worse then Microsoft?

RasTa wrote: »
    I still don't get the point you're trying to make.

You claimed Sony are as bad if not worse then Microsoft.

All companies out to make a profit is no shock, so how exactly are Sony worse then Microsoft?

I've highlighted the contradiction in your post there. No where did I flat out say Sony are worse than Microsoft.

I think buying a PS4 based on how they treat customers is silly considering their track record. Sony are well capable of pulling a U-turn on certain features (not saying they will).

Buying a PS4 because you think it's better value though is reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

??. Not a huge issue but MS don't offer any extra value in buying their console during the 360 phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

*cough* OtherOS *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭lertsnim

eddhorse wrote: »
    *cough* OtherOS *cough*

I'd say less than 1% of playstation users knew what that was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I'm going to keep the PS3..I still have a few games left to play on it and maybe get the odd easy trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm keeping the PS3, will mainly use it as a blu-ray player for a while as the PS4 doesn't support 3D blu-rays yet, and I've been on an ill-advised 3D movie kick the last few months. Jurassic Park 3D just arrived from Amazon. There'll still be the odd game I want to play on it with PS Plus too, and will probably move it to the bedroom eventually for streaming and Netflix and the like. Oh yeah, and the streaming, which the PS4 doesn't support yet. PS3 will get a bit of use for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,374 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If anyone has one with a broken disc drive they want to sell me then let me know.

Don't care about the disc drive, just want it for netflix etc.

Advertisement