Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourist Tips - Xmas/New Year in Tipp

Options
  • 11-11-2013 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm looking for ideas about how to entertain two friends in Tipperary over Xmas/New Year.

Aged, mid -40s, both live in London, one is a Scot (male), the other (female) originally from New Zealand. He's into hiking, history/culture while she's sporty and well able to hold her own in a pub! Both have been in Ireland before and done the usual tourist haunts in Dublin, Blarney etc.

What I'm looking for are ideas in and around County Tipperary that combine Irish hospitality, culture and plenty of great "experiences". I also need to think about New Year's Eve too.

Thanks in advance.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

rowingguy wrote: »
    I'm looking for ideas about how to entertain two friends in Tipperary over Xmas/New Year.

Aged, mid -40s, both live in London, one is a Scot (male), the other (female) originally from New Zealand. He's into hiking, history/culture while she's sporty and well able to hold her own in a pub! Both have been in Ireland before and done the usual tourist haunts in Dublin, Blarney etc.

What I'm looking for are ideas in and around County Tipperary that combine Irish hospitality, culture and plenty of great "experiences". I also need to think about New Year's Eve too.

Thanks in advance.:)

You need to say what part of Tipp you are in , it's a long way from Ballyporeen to Borrisokane.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rowingguy

Based near Dundrum so both North and South Tipp are easily accessible

As far as I know the Clonmel Park Hotel will have plenty of party nights but is advisable to make a booking now.

https://www.google.ie/#q=clonmel+park+hotel+christmas+parties

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Balline near Killaloe. Has it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

• Advertisement

thegills wrote: »

I am sure you mean Ballina................more detail would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

thegills wrote: »

I from Tipp, live in NZ.
    NZ mate of mine was travelling Europe one year when I was back.
    Took him to a hurling game, devil's bit, rock of Cashel, proper pubs and then hit the road to the cliffs of Moher for a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

A hike up Galteemore is a great way to enjoy a cold clear winters day. Can be done from either the Glen side or the Ballyporeen side.
    A shorter hike up to Lake Muskerry from the glen side is also great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

A hike in the Glen of Aherlow is a great way to spend a day. Or as already mentioned a trip to the Galtees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭touts

I'm not sure there is anything really touristy to do in Tipp on New Year's eve. It's not just Tipp. Most of the country just mark it by either staying at home watching TV or going to the pub and getting pissed so its pretty much like a normal Friday night out. If you want the BIG event type thing you'll probably have to go to Dublin where they will be marking the end of "Let Leo Varadkar take credit for everyone who visited Ireland" Year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement