Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Discount bookshops in Ireland?

• 12-11-2013 12:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me about decent discount booktores located around Ireland? I'm a big fan of a shop called TheWorks here in England. I'm not talking about second hand shops but genuine discount bookstores.

Any ideas on prices or any links to their websites very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Was just about to suggest about twenty second hand bookshops, but nvm! :)

There's those pop up discount bookshops in the cities, but I never find much in them tbh.

Reads used to be cheaper than Easons years ago? Haven't been there in years.

Also the basement of Hodges and Figgis in Dublin has some good bargains.

I find buying books in Ireland very expensive. I normally go second-hand (there are lots of excellent second-hand bookshops all over), borrow from the library or wait for the sales. Or, of late, download onto the Kindle...

Sorry couldn't be more help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

Came across a new bookshop in Ranelagh today - Village Books. It's on the site of the old Laser DVD rental shop.
    It was mostly bargain books with a small amount of second hand - some good stuff.
    It looks as if it has just opened as there was no sign out the front, so I can't see that whey have an online presence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭Banneret

Sorry it does not correctly answer your question directly,

but there's a good amount of book sales online (from companies but sell online)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Some second hand book shops are quite good. The oxfam book shop at the bridge which leads to Capel street often has books which are near perfect for a quarter of the price new.

Easons website sometimes as good promotions

Advertisement